Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel  (Read 4200 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 232
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 02:02:00 AM »

<Control Room PA>

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"Attention, we are in Defcon four, I repeat Defcon four. Sentry activated on intruder alarm Mars orbit. Admiral Davidson to the Control urgently please."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »

Sarah blushed slightly, but nodded.  Apparently it was obvious and Mobius had already found that out as well.  Her eyes widened as the message came across the intercom.  She turned to her fiance.  "Sean?" she asked, ready to get up herself.  This didn't sound good at all.  She just hoped that this wasn't how their marriage was always going to be.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

Lt Gen Jack O'Neill, USAF (NPC)
Secretary of the Navy Ramon Mobius (NPC)
Secretary of Defense Richard Gates III (NPC)
A1C J. Nelson, USAF, SGC Security Detail (NPC)

<Control Room PA>

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"Attention, we are in Defcon four, I repeat Defcon four. Sentry activated on intruder alarm Mars orbit. Admiral Davidson to the Control urgently please."

Sean was about to pick up the pen and sighed when he heard the alert over the PA system. He groaned and shook his head.  Luckily for him, the door opened and Jack stuck his head through the doorway.  "Begging the Chaplain's pardon," he said to Francis, then looked at Sean.  "But the lucky groom is needed down in Ops."

Sean turned to look around and saw that Gates was standing right behind Jack, then sighed.  Gates caught on to the sudden dismay, and nudged Jack to enter into the office.  "Go ahead and sign the license, you two," Gates said to Sean and to Sarah. "Then, like the man said, get down to Ops immediately."  Not wasting any more time, Sean picked up the pen and signed his name, then passed it over to Sarah.  Once she signed the license, both Gates and Jack signed off as witnesses, and the Secretary of Defense practically pushed all three of his subordinates out the door of the Chaplain's office and back into the Chapel.  A red-faced airman was standing at attention, clearly out of breath, and his name tapes on his BDUs read "J. NELSON" and "U.S. AIR FORCE".  The airman wore the rank insignia of an Airman First Class, and the unit patch indicated he was a member of the SGC's security detail.  His eyes widened as he realized that the Secretary of Defense himself was here, as was the Secretary of the Navy; the airman remembered not to salute the Secretary as Gates was the senior-most official in the room.  "Begging the Secretary's pardon," Nelson said, "But there's a guest up on Eleven, sir.  A Mister Nicholas Devore from the Eye-Oh-Ay is here, and..."

Jack waved off Nelson's report.  "At ease, Airman," Jack said to him.  "I know who he is and why he's here, although he's picked a real fine time to show up." He glanced at the newlyweds, and Sean immediately issued his orders, having taken the unspoken prompt.  "Captain Forster," he said to Ruby.  "Report to the Dreadnought immediately.  And for Heaven's sake, be careful out there."  He then looked at George. "Colonel Sanderson, you're with me.  Airman Nelson, carry on."

The airman saluted Sean, which was returned, and the security operative left the Chapel.  Gates turned to Mobius. "Inform the President that now we're at DEFCON Four, he and his family would be wise to remain here on base.  Then notify the other dignitaries of the same.  After you've made your rounds, come join us in the Control Room."

"Yes, Mister Secretary," Mobius said, and promptly left.  He headed down the hallway and waited for the elevator to arrive.  Once he stepped into the lift, he pressed the button for Level 25.  The doors closed.

<<Mobius to Level 25, Room 277>>

Jack looked at the others.  "I'll go meet with Devore, although his boss is about to get an earful from me.  I've dealt with Keller before.  He wants to throw a hissy fit, he can come here himself, although he'll never get past security as long as we're above DEFCON Five."

"I'll make sure Keller receives the proper authorization to get through security, sir," Sean said, and Jack nodded before heading into the hallway and towards the elevators.  Within a few moments, the elevator arrived and Jack stepped in, pressing the button for the appropriate level.  The doors closed.

<<Jack to Level 11>>

Gates looked at the remaining officers in the room.  "Let's go," he said, leading the way to the elevators.  "Admiral Davidson, Colonel Davidson," he said to Sean and Sarah, "I guess you two will have to celebrate your nuptials later, not to mention have a more proper ceremony.  But otherwise, congratulations."   He pressed the call button, and waved Ruby, George, Sean, and Sarah into the elevator.  Once everyone was inside, Gates pressed the button for Level 28.

<<Gates, Sean to Level 28, Gate Room/Control Room>>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:03:21 AM by Kendrall »
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »

Sarah breathed a sigh of relief when both Jack and Mobius stuck their heads in.  It may not have been a proper ceremony, but at least they would be able to sign the marriage license and be legally married.  Sarah took the pen from Sean and quickly signed her name as well before handing it to Jack. 

"Thank you, padre," she told Fran.  At least this step was done.  "Oh trust me, Sean will make it up to me," she teased her new husband before following them onto the elevator.  She couldn't help but wonder what they were going to be walking into.  She gave her friend a quick head. "Stay safe, Rubes," she whispered in her friend's ear.  She didn't wan to see Ruby injured again.

<<Sarah to level 28, Gate room>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »

Fran nodded with a slight grunt, she hated interruptions and this was no different and under the circumstances she blushed visibly. "Right, no time to waste, I now by authority vested in me, pronounce you man and wife. Get out here you two...go on, its official enough." She smiled at them and noticed young Forster. "What are you waiting for lass? Go on go!"

Ruby wasted no time, she kissed both her friends quickly on the cheek and hugged them, wordless, she was often like that but they would know how much she loved them both. a sister she never had and an older brother who could be, like all brothers, a lovable pain in the arse.

<<Ruby to Gate Room>>
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »

<<From Cafeteria>>

Anne walked fast, very fast. By the time she reached the long hallway leading to the chapel she was running. Though she was neither devout as a Christian, or even a practicing Catholic (she had been raised as an Anglican, yet had seen her life more through Catholicism) once she was withing Fran's domain, Anne did a small curtsey and crossed herself. "Forgive me dear Lord, for I am about to sin." She mumbled under her breath. Not seeing any sign of the padre, Anne went to the altar and called, keeping her voice low, but at a volume Fran would hear. "Francis McCarthy, you about?"

Mustang Mik

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Mustang Mik A new starter.
  • Insane? Just a lil' bit!
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »

Francis was, indeed about, though she had been in the adjoining office of the chapel. The Chaplain had been hearing bits of chatter from her desk radio, but had yet to go investigate anything.
Obviously, the current goings on was a general interest for her to check into, but she had not had that chance just yet, having finished up some paperwork during her day. Stepping from the office, she gave Anne a smile. "Yes, I'm here," she said in a friendly tone for the older woman. "What can I help you with today?"

"It's all nuts and bolts...if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »

Anne put her arm around her old friend, that could only be seen as a dangerous sign, not something you would see the old girl do too often unless she wanted something. "Two things Fran. This may come as a shock, but my daughter Cate is alive and well. She's with the Admiral now." Now came the good part. "We have an IOA stooge poking his nose into our affairs, the whole SGC operation. That doesn't bother me in the least, its his possible interference into the medical division I'm concerned about. Any chance you can call in some favours from you CIA contacts?" It was more than possible Fran could do some digging herself. If anyone could find a little dirt on the IOA it would be her.

Mustang Mik

• Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

As Anne placed her arm around her shoulders, Francis' wheels began to turn. Just what was the older woman wanting to ask her about? The news of Cate drew a sincere smile from the Chaplain and Fran. "That's great news that Cate's alive and even better that she's well. I hope you're feeling well relieved by that?" she inquired in her reverent tone. Her eyebrows raised inquisitively at the request and she gave the Commodore a mischievous smile before her next words. "I may be able to do one better for you. We can't have our medical team getting the short end of the stick, now can we?" she said with a smile. She could do some digging on her own accord and even get some favors paid up in helping out the SGC.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »

"If you want me to be honest with you Fran, I'm not entirely sure. How do you go back? How do you stop mourning, when the person you were sure was up there with the good Lord has suddenly reappeared. Its a little akin to a resurrection isn't it?" There, she had finally gotten that off her chest. Moving on. "I'm sure someone in the IOA is either fiddling the books, or up to no good, that organisation is to open to corruption. See what you can find out."

((OOC we'll have to ask Oranos, to give us some information on that one))

Mustang Mik

• Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2014, 01:02:37 AM »

"The good Lord works in many mysterious ways, my friend. He has blessed you in many more ways than you know just yet," Francis said with a calm smile as she pondered Anne's words. The IOA had always drawn a suspicious mark in her mind and it was of no coincidence that she felt like they were up to no good digging into the affairs of the SGC. "I'd say there's more going on than they let on for us to figure out. I promise you I shall do my best digging for you and for all of us here," she promised, already thinking of what favors she could call on to get things done for her friend.

((ooc: *shoots Oranos a PM* ))

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2014, 06:59:39 PM »

Anne shook those weird thoughts from her mind, concentrating on the matter at hand. "We have someone who can help us you know. I'm sure you are aware that Cate was with the CIA for a time, if she remembers that is, at this point I'm not sure how she will fare in that department, nor how long she will be inactive. It might give her something to do. Why not the both of us go see her, it could be enlightening for us." That was something Anne needed to do, give her daughter a focus.

<<To Med Bay>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »

<<From Medbay>>

Soft footfalls padded down the carpeted hallways leading to the chapel. It was the only place within the entire SGC, where the floors were covered in this way, barring individual rooms of course. But no other hallway was, and it was of course for good reason. This area was one meant for peace, quiet and solitude. Cate pulled up short of the double glazed doors leading into the Chaplain's domain, she looked in the glass of one door, hoping to see some kind of reflection of herself, she didn't, the glass of course was coloured stained glass, a mural. Putting her doubts and fears behind her, she pushed the door open gently, only to be met by her mother coming out, with another officer Cate immediately saw as the base Chaplain. She didn't know her of course, it was simply the womans insignia of the cross on her lapels that gave it away.

Her eyes welled up immediately, she crossed the few steps to Anne and embraced her tightly. Her choking voice soft and almost unheard. "Mum....god I missed you."

Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 05:58:36 PM »

((OOC aplogies for the short post, not feeling the best ))

The older woman was visibly shaken; how do you console yourself the fact your only daughter you thought dead, had come back to the living world. There was no answer, you simply couldn't at all, even despite the fact that the two of them had spoken on the phone less than an hour ago, Anne's mind was still a whirl. She returned the embrace, giving Cate a pat down just to make sure she was not in a dream. After a few brief seconds, she let her daughter go and stepped back.

"You're taller, your hair is darker and I rather like that white embellishment." Anne said, her voice a little hoarse with emotion as she reached out to touch Cate's hair. "Somehow this seems so surreal Cate, I'm still struggling with it." Then she remembered where she was and turned to Francis.

"Cate, this is Francis McCarthy, our new chaplain. You may have met her before I believe in your 'other' duties with that agency." Anne didn't mention ASIS or the CIA by name. "Francis, this is of course my wayward daughter Catherine." At least a little of her laconic humour had returned.

Mustang Mik

• Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »

Francis nodded with a smile, having nothing to do for the moment and so turned to follow Anne back to the Medbay. "I'm sure it will help her more than harm her, my dear," the Chaplain said lightly. Seeing the young woman who practically met them at the chapel's doors, Francis gave Cate a friendly smile. She waited patiently for the mother and daughter to get through their greeting, glad that they were both alive. There was nothing better than life right now. Nodding politely, the Chaplain gave Cate a smile. "It's wonderful to meet you, Catherine. How are you faring this day?" she asked. The young woman was either on her way to the Chapel for some quiet reflection or a confidential talk or had been directed this way to find her mother. By whatever means that she was here, it was no coincidence, she was certain of it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

lethal-pageant