Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Tamora~ The forgotten world.  (Read 5956 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Tamora~ The forgotten world.
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2018, 02:00:59 AM »

<Dreadnought>

Not long after the last few rounds of activity in the various areas and decks of the ship the Dreadnought took her leave of Tamora after dropping off Teyla and AR-3 on the surface of the planet. They were equipped with everything they needed including a portable sub space radio set, sleeping bags; extra clothing which of course was mostly what was suitable for arctic conditions and food, lots of it.

Cate had made a new friend strangely; she had been extremely remote lately which was unusual given her normal extraverted nature. Of course it involved the obligatory arm wrestles which Cate won four out of five (she cheated). Mike had been secured in an isolation unit within the ship’s medical section, he was sedated as a precaution and as Carrie had ordered Elle was sent to the CMO’s office for a lengthy discussion. She wasn’t pleased, that was a given yet there was nothing she could do about it either other than sit around watching him, or get back to work. She chose the latter not out of any unconcern for Mike; it was for her to avoid sinking into a depression.

The routine then quickly returned for the few hours it took the Dreadnought to reach Atlantis, only this time there were no forced exercises for the crews to be involved in, Elle had learned her lesson there. For the most part she left the running of the ship up to Jason and Aria with the Captain adding her advice where needed. The Squadrons of the ship under Jack were quite well pleased as well when a deep space transmission was sent to the Dreadnought that six of the new generation fighters were on board the Hermes to be added to the 76th. Jack though might have some issues with his boys and girls fighting over who got to test them out first once the aircraft were aboard, but he knew it was a no contest affair as Major Satterfield and Jack himself were naturally going to be slotted in as the ship’s lead pilots.

As the Dreadnought came closer to her new home, the atmosphere around the medical wing was close to being sombre. Cate and Lena were the only ones outside of Carrie to be given access to Mike and those two never left his side for a minute. One hour out from Atlantis a signal was sent ahead to have Colonel/Doctor Annie Horowitz on standby.

<Teyla, AR-3 to remain on Tamora-all others to Atlantis>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »

<Somewhere in the corridors of the Dreadnaught?>

Jon sighed as he fumbled for his radio. He heard her but his radio decided to not work properly. Tapping it again into his ear, he mumbled a few words before stopping himself and clearing his throat and responded, "Aye, Ma'am. I read you Commander. On our way."

With a sigh, he waved Valentine to follow, Come on, let's up to it. To where she is."

With that, he took off in a sped up pace toward the Hangar Bay

<<To wherever the AR-3 is going>>
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »

<Tamora Surface>

AR-3 beamed into the village, Jason having done the right thing by placing them outside of the cook house so as to not startle them. There a few words to be said before they entered so Jordan had them in a huddle, a close one at that. She was from Florida, and had rarely in her entire life experienced such cold, so despite the layers of clothing she still felt it. "Okay boys and girls we're here by the request of the Wraith girl and Elle, so basically diplomats representing Atlantis. Now these poor souls may have an idea of what is going on with their planet, or they may not. So please, we don't want their backs up, we do this nice and gentle."

Teyla nodded in agreement, she had been selected to do the talking in any case so in the end it fell to her to minimize any alarm they were going to experience, her own people had been through, moving to other worlds so she knew it wasn't going to be easy. "How long did they say Jordan, I wasn't listening to that part."

"Less than two weeks." She shivered the answer as more snow fell.

High above in planetary orbit, as soon as the team was in position, the dark organic ship slipped away, headed for a direct confrontation with the Vanir.

@Shadowlord @MeredithMcKay @DanielRyder @NG
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »

He didn’t understand why they were listening to some Wraith but he supposed this was a very limited time window. John was happy to help whoever needed it and despite the cold the planet looked beautiful against the snow and ice falling from up above.

“Understood, keep things hushed to start with.” John replied with a few nods.

“Uh where are we exactly?” he said referring to the cook house.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

Lieutenant Jonathan "Hope" Agathon

Seriously??? Jon thought angrily to himself. TWO WEEKS?!?!? We're stuck here in the cold on a DYING planet while the rest of the Dreadnought retreat to the warmer climates of Atlantis???

Jon exhaled and cursed silently when a shiver of the cold ripped through his spine. Pulling his warm weather gear closer, he mumbled looking around the village. He was trying to listen to Jordan's diplomatic voice, but the cold and other voices mashed together to numb his senses a bit. He was seeking for warmth and was watching the cook house.

Grumbling, he kept to his best nice mood by offering a smile to hide his cold discomfort and sat down near the fire. The lieutenant might as well make the most of it. Rubbing his arm, he muttered as his stomach grumbled, "So, what's there to eat?"

He muttered to no one in particular but was hoping someone would plop a large bowl of warm chicken noodle soup on his lap. At least, their version of a chicken noddle soup.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #275 on: June 27, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »

Giulia Montale

<<Tamora Surface>>

Giving her coat a gentle tug to keep herself warm.  Giulia looked around the cold winter scrape. It really wasn't good for this planet, the way things were going it was only going to get worse.

"I want my lab... "

She murmured to herself, whereas Italian, warmth, heat... that was what she was use to.

She sneezed, using her arm to cover her nose, since her hands were full with equipment.

"Something hot, I hope."

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 05:49:46 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #276 on: June 27, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »

<Tamora Surface>

Jordan sniffed the air, a pleasant aroma of food reached her nostrils, familiar yet at the same time not so. She could detect meat, that smell never changed no matter what the beast it came from really. All land animals smelt much the same when cooked, so to did anything from the water. "At least we won't starve anyway." She told them shrugging the heavy coat closer to her body.

"Tamora, I head Captain McFearson mention that name. Its from a very old tongue although the direct translation to its meaning is lost on me John. Perhaps those inside might enlighten us." Teyla pointed to the building, obviously the source of where the people ate and prepared their meals.

"Possibly, although that isn't our main issue at the moment Teyla. For now lets focus on what we came here for and how exactly we're going to let these poor people know their fate. I have some ideas but I'll need you all to back me up on that. Right, I think we should go in..." She stopped when the flap of heavy material that passed for a door opened to reveal a dark haired women beckoning them in.

"Come in, come in. You must be freezing out there." She called to them.

Teyla didn't hesitate, she wasn't used to such conditions herself either. "I'm Teyla Emmagan, my friends are Commander Jordan O'Neil, Doctor Guilia Montale, Lieutenant Jon Agathon and Corporal John Valentine." The woman stood back to let them all pass.

"Why have you returned? Has not your ship left?" She asked as she stepped back into the warmth.

Jordan was next, she rubbed her gloved hands together as soon as she felt that heat from the fires on her face. She pushed the fur lined hood from her head, giving her a chance to warm up. "It's a long story, and you are?" She looked at her team briefly. "Guys set your gear up wherever you can. Doctor Montale, we'll need that transmitter set up as soon as please."

"Oh I am sorry, forgive me. I am Marill, healer and elder of this village. Please all of you make yourselves welcome, are you hungry?" She went to the fire, throwing on a little more peat.

@Shadowlord @DanielRyder @MeredithMcKay
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2018, 03:06:24 AM »

“Greetings!” John yelled super excited to meet these new people from this alien world.

“So what do you call your people, what do you do to entertain yourselves?” he wanted to know all he could.

John still found himself shivering a bit but he was trying to deal with ignoring it by focusing on his excitement and desire to learn.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #278 on: July 06, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »

Lieutenant Jonathan Hope Agathon

Jon cringed and exclaimed, Ah, ---sdammit, Valentine pulling away when the corporal shouted a cheer greeting. Taking control of his temper, he exhaled approaching Marill and responded, "Thank you for welcoming us into your place. What is there to eat?" Keeping his "diplomatic" tone light, he wanted to be sure to convey his casualness despite his hunger. After all, two weeks seemed like a long time for them to stay so he might as well make the best of it. Maybe make some new new friends while he was at it.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2018, 12:42:13 AM »

<Tamora Kitchens>

Once they had all settled Marill carried a large copper pot from the fire, the fragrant smell coming from it told them they were in for a treat. "I prepared this earlier for your friends but as is our custom more was made than required." She placed the pot on the center of the table then gave each of them a plate made of the same material along with a spoon of some type of metal. "There are vegetables and meat within, with many of our herbs and spices, I believe you will find it to your tastes, Mykael told me often he enjoyed, saying it reminded him of something though of course with his absent memory he had little idea of what or from where."

Jordan took it in deeply, it was so very familar to her having spent a lot of time in the middle east back home and south east Asia. The smell seemed to be a combination of both cuisines, perhaps closed to Indian. "Thank you Marill, although I should add we did bring our rations. Maybe you might like to try those some time?"

They began to eat taking a ladle of food from the pot, spooning out onto their plates. "I would enjoy that Jordan. Now as to what we call ourselves then John, we are the people I think that is possibly how most races see themselves. This world we call Tamora, but we do not refer to ourselves as Tamorans as our lineage goes much further back. We have no knowledge of them, but we believe they were some of the first humans in this galaxy." She looked then at Teyla seeing in her some kind of kindred spirit. "So your purpose here if I may be so bold? Not that we do not appreciate the company of strangers, we do. But understand strangers here are a very rare occurrence."

Now it was Teyla's turn and she felt some slight guilt in the message she had to deliver. There was no way around it, it had to be said honestly. "Your planet is dying, there is no turning back Marill. We came to help you and all of your people go through the transition of moving to another world."

"Its not an easy thing." Jordan said lifting her head from the food. "But we are here for you." She reassured her.

Marill said nothing for a long while, perhaps a few minutes. When she did she was quite calm about it all. "I suspected as much. Thank you. It will take me a great deal of effort to pass this on to my people and the Elders, I ask for your patience, all of you. Now eat up please, I do not wish to feel like a bad host."

@MeredithMcKay

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:47:14 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »

<Tamora Kitchens>

John was certainly no stranger to bad news but death always took the cake so to speak, to suggest an entire planet was coming to an end was something he wasn’t sure how he himself would handle. At least these people out here knew other worlds existed and it wasn’t like if Earth was destroyed, moving billions of people would be impossible but here the people had a chance if they acted quickly.

“At least it’s not the Goa’uld or Wraith we have to worry about.” They were trying to save these people from the chaotic nature of the universe itself.

“I of course offer my personal reassurance that I will happily help with whatever you need, but you sound like you’ve moved planets before?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2018, 02:11:36 AM »

Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »

Jon was seated and eating his meal while listening to the conversation. Halfway through eating his second serving, he paused as a question came up in his mind. Putting down the fork, he took a drink before making his question looking at Marill, Miss, umm. Ahem. Ma'am. I am curious. If you don't mind my asking. How big is your civilization? How many people?"

He wanted to know. Of course, he was sure that question was popped up many times before, but he just had to ask. Population could be an issue if they were trying to move a large group of people via the Earth ships they had. Then again, it probably wouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:41:16 PM by DanielRyder »

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]