Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Upgrades II- hotting up the 302  (Read 1075 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Upgrades II- hotting up the 302
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »

<Woomera South Australia>

Another white Asgard beam, another arrival. Instantly Alecia felt uncomfortable with sweat breaking out on her skin almost immediately. Despite being March, the first month of the Aussie Autumn at this late hour of the day, almost sunset, it was still hot out the open and even in the shade it was near 36 degrees celsius. They were after all way out in the outback, not too far from Alice Springs and the center of the Continent.

There was someone new here as well, she didn't recognize him but the quick introduction and reactions from both  Jack and AJ, told her they at least were now on familiar turf. With a pleasant smile, she extended her hand. "Major Alecia Satterfield sir. Air Force." She had to add that bit, seeing as how for the moment until Jon appeared she felt a tad overshadowed by Navy. Well yes AJ was a Marine, but it was much the same thng.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 03:28:54 PM »

< Woomera, South Australia >

Jon really couldn’t understand why Carrie fuzzed so much about this beaming tech. It was convenient frecryinoutlaud. Not as much fun as flying, he had to admit that, but it sure got the job done.
The hot air stood in great contrast to the cool environment that was the SGC, and even for being a pure bred Californian, he still could feel the sweat starting to trickle down his back inside of his uniform.
“And here I was, thinking I was the old man around here…” Jon offered his hand to Andrew Pierce, a small grin twitching in the corner of his mouth. “Colonel Jon Brown, United States Air Force. Pleasure to meet you sir.”

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »

"A pleasure to meet you both, Major. Colonel." Andrew said, shaking hands with both of them. "Colonel Carter wanted to get the ball rolling as soon as possible, so if you'll follow me, we can get you suited up and onto our first trials. This one is sort of a mixed bag of live and simulated fire, we need to establish a benchmark before we can get too crazy here." Andrew led the way out of the hangar and into one of the briefing rooms. Which also got them into some air conditioning, a good thing for Jack and AJ in their full respective uniforms.

"I'll keep this informal, it'll be quicker and I trust that you all know what you're doing. So as you know, we're not only testing the new mark of the F-302, but also the possibility of adapting the Sidewinder for them. But aside from a few limited engagements, most of what we're doing is comparing the charts from terrestrial use and running computer simulations of their performance in the environments the F-302 operates in. Obviously, that's going to generate faulty data." Andrew explained.

"So, what we're doing is first part will be with live weapons. Two of you will be flying the current run of the F-302, the other two will be in the new ones. I know we're supposed to be including the AC-401, but that's for later. Plus, it's too stable of a platform to run baseline tests on the Sidewinder, which is a dogfighting weapon. That'll be for the dissimilar opposition tests. Now, you'll be going to a little testing area we've set up on the other side of the moon, since we're interested in how the Sidewinder will work in space. We've got a batch of captured Death Gliders we've converted into target drones." Andrew explained.

"Like the old F-4s and F-16s we use now?" Jack asked.

"That's correct. Some are just there to plod along and get shot so we can get some baseline data, but others will behave like the real thing, which means we can gauge how both the new -302s and the Sidewinder will work under more realistic conditions. You'll all have one dummy missile with a live seeker installed as well, and once your live weapons are expended, a second flight will arrive on station to finish off our tests for today." Andrew concluded.

"Who else is here?" AJ asked, looking around.

"We have some pilots running some semi-related items, as I said earlier, but these will be some F-302s out of McMurdo. We're doing them a favor just as much as they're doing us one, because you'll be flying against some of the F-302 instructors and their students. Should give us a good range of data. We may include some unexpected variables, but at no point will you be fired upon by live weapons of any kind. So if the Death Gliders start shooting at you, they're not drones." Andrew said.

"And some poor System Lord gets to face the wrath of "Duke" Pierce." Jack replied with a laugh. Andrew grinned in response.

"So. Who wants to go up in the new Wildcats and who wants the current run ones?"

"Up to you...and Wildcats? Hmm. Not a bad name, certainly have a reputation like the old F4Fs..." Andrew replied.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »

"Sir." Alecia began. "I was tasked with leading the aggressor flight, in that we were briefed that RAAF will be initially providing four Super Hornets out of Avalon  for the first atmospheric trials. So I guess taking one of the older birds will fall in my lap. The 401..." Which she could see the nose of when she arrived in its bunker. "....I'm assuming will be used as a fake Al-Kesh later on for out atmosphere trials." That was what she was assuming Sam told them. Her eyes took in Colonel Brown, she knew this was right on his CV.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go
Pages: 1 [2]