Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Armory  (Read 169 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Armory
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:29:57 PM »

The Alpha Site's armory is responsible for storing, issuing, and maintaining the small arms used by the forces stationed at PG8-K59. As a result of the multinational nature of the forces present at the Alpha Site, the armory staff is drawn from several sources as well. It is not dissimilar from a large base's armory back on Earth, with reinforced walls and doors between the racks of weapons and ammunition and the outside world.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Armory
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:03:12 PM »

"Alright. Suggestions?" Brian asked his team as they approached the cage windows where their weapons were passed through.

"The territory suggests we will need mobility but adaptability. I advise against going with anything too small or large." Grecko said.

"I agree. We should also avoid splitting up, this will have to be a raid executed with precision and speed." Nikolai added.

"I suggest we stick to carbines, maybe a shotgun or two for breaching,
 and make sure to pack Intar ammunition."
Astrid said.

"I can bring heavier duty breaching charges, and we all should bring flashbangs, tear gas, and smoke grenades. And gas masks, of course." Denis concluded.

"Let's pack some rope, too, in case we end up coming in through the roof. Alright, let's keep it simple; M4s for primaries, Five-Sevens for sidearms. Me and Astrid will take shotguns, Denis will bring a 203, Nikolai and Grecko, you guys pack a DMR in case we have to do some long range work. Good?" Brian looked and got nods from everyone.

"We'll pack two primary and two secondary mags of Intars on top of our normal load. Remember; we can't suppress those shots, and they're hard to miss when we do shoot. Past that, we know the score here. Astrid, Grecko, after you get your weapons, change out and we'll all meet at the hangar." Brian said. SG-7 went to collect their weapons and equipment.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Armory
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:45:28 AM »

Getting the required weapons and equipment was a fairly easy matter, but a call had to be made to send down MARPAT Snow fatigues for Stan and Astrid, since they still only had their SG OD Greens on. SG-7 continued to prepare their gear while they waited on the fatigues.

"So, Captain. You've learned a fair bit about me in this time, yet I know nothing about you." Astrid said as she inspected her rifle, an Ak5C. Thankfully, a Swedish unit had recently rotated in, and Brian had allowed her to swap from the M4 to a weapon that was more familiar to her but still mission compatible.

"Not a whole lot to say. Air Force CRO, did a year with Task Force 145 in Afghanistan, spent most of my time either behind the lines or at wargames at Nellis until I got signed up here." Brian replied with a shrug as looked through his night vision goggles to make sure they were clear.

"I was in Afghanistan as well, in 2004. Only six months, mostly patrols but I saw more than I would have liked in that time." Astrid said.

"Yeah. '06 for me, but I can say the same." Brian let out a sigh, "Sorry, I guess I don't have anything as exciting as being a royal guard on my resume. But CRO School was pretty tough, so I guess I understand why you take so much pride in that Eagle pin."

"My time with the Life Guards was boring as hell. You spend all day looking serious and marching around in an outdated uniform, all while tourists pester you. Trust me, you should be glad there is no such posting for you in America." Astrid said with a laugh.

"Well, for the Air Force, at least. The Marines are the ones who can pull White House duties." Brian replied, finally cracking a smile.

"After my year was up, I went to school to become an officer. My only hope was to avoid returning to Stockholm. So the Army obliged and sent me to Northern Sweden instead. I'm from a small village, mind you, but even that was remote by my standards. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Swedes here are from the Army Ranger Battalion." Astrid commented as she racked open the bolt to inspect the chamber of her rifle.

"I bet. I went from the desert to the UK, my first post was Lakenheath. After Afghanistan, it was to the Nevada desert. So I'm a bit of a fish out of water in this climate. I imagine a lot of guys who went into either sandbox are." Brian said, now looking over his Mossberg 500 shotgun.

"I was nearly sent to Nevada when I was recruited. They wanted me to go to Area 51. I told them absolutely not, I wanted an off-world team posting. Took them long enough to get around to it. I almost thought they forgot about me before you showed up." Astrid replied with a wink. Brian's smile faltered and he uncomfortably became very interested in the chamber of his shotgun. Astrid thumbed the bolt release on her rifle to snap him out of it with the sound of the Ak5's bolt slamming home.

"I was just making a joke. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Astrid said after Brian looked at her. He racked the bolt closed on his shotgun before nodding.

"No, it's fine. I'm sorry, I made that awkward." Brian replied, standing up, "I'm going to go see if they got your fatigues here or not yet. Excuse me."

Brian got up from the table and headed over to the door, and Denis slid in next to Astrid.

"Was it something I said?" Astrid asked in French.

"A little bit. He does not react well to women flirting with him, he had a very messy divorce when he returned from Afghanistan." Denis replied in his native language.

"I see. It was that bad then?" Astrid asked.

"His ex-wife was a terrible person, she tried to destroy him. I never met the woman and I hate her." Denis said. Astrid nodded slowly as she picked up her Five-Seven.

"I will have to mind my words then. He seems a decent sort." Astrid replied.

"I would not associate with him if I thought him otherwise." Denis said with a smile.

At the next table, Stan and Nikolai were inspecting their respective sniper rifles. Nikolai was going back into the field with his SVU, while Stan had an SVDM, a modernized variant of the SVD with synthetic furniture instead of wood.

"An American, a Russian, and a Frenchman. Now add a Swede and a Pole and you have SG-7. What a strange mix." Stan commented.

"The American has a good head on his shoulders, and when the Frenchman is not running his mouth, he is quite skilled." Nikolai replied. Stan chuckled in response.

"The girl reminds me of my daughter. Full of life and inquisitive." Stan said.

"I take it that makes at least one of us who does not have some sort of Greek tragedy of a romantic life?" Nikolai asked.

"I'd say so. She's unattached as far as I'm aware, so judging by your comment, the rest of you do not have families back home." Stan replied.

"In so far that none of us have spouses or children. I have nothing but the military, but I am fine with that. Sergeant Vallois knows more about Captain Coffin's tragedy, Vallois just jumps from bed to bed because the woman he wants is not ready. And he is not ready for her." Nikolai explained with a grunt, "So, you have a daughter at least. Anyone else?"

"My wife, and two sons. My wife, Oliwja, is a journalist, formerly for the Polish Press Agency, but to accommodate us moving to the United States, the IOA hired her as one of their public relations people. Zuzanna, my daughter, is the oldest, she just turned 18 this year. My sons, Bohdan and Karol, are twins and are 16." Stan cracked a smile, "And there are days I am glad to be on another planet and not at home."

"Are any of them going to follow in your footsteps?" Nikolai asked.

"Which ones? I've been many things in my life." Stan chuckled, "I suspect Zuzanna may pursue an academic career. Bohdan takes after his mother, I would not be surprised to see him become a journalist or writer. Karol has been asking a lot about my time in the Army as of late, so he might be considering that as a career."

"You said you had served in the military in the 80s, but only your service from the 90s onward mattered." Nikolai said, looking up at Stan.

"Bah. I was just a mechanic conscript doing my time for the State, working on PT-76 tanks. I went straight from there to Warsaw University, but I wound up caught up in the Solidarity movement. Afterwards, there was not much work for a young man with a degree in Ancient History, so I went back to the Army just so I had three meals and a bed." Stan replied with a dismissive wave.

"I see. I can understand that." Nikolai nodded.