Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: SGC Commander's office  (Read 285 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
SGC Commander's office
« on: March 25, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »

Level 27 is for the most part an extension of Level 28, with the exception of two key areas. The SGC's main briefing room is located on this level, with a large retractable window overlooking the gate room. Here, SGC personnel meet, frequently with the Base Commander, to discuss mission specifics, take part in mission debriefings, or meet with important delegations.

The briefing room contains a large table with seating for up to ten people and an audio/visual unit to display data. A security monitoring system records all events that take place here and a stairwell leads down to the Stargate monitoring room.

The Base Commander's office is attached to the briefing room and a transparent window from the Commander's office opens into the briefing room along with a separate entrance from either the briefing room or neighbouring hallway. The Commander's office has access to all key SGC systems, as well as a phone to the Joint Chiefs (based at the Pentagon) and a special hotline directly to the office of the President.

Just outside the Commander's office is the office of his aide and direct elevator access.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: SGC Commander's office
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »

Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 01:04:02 AM »

VADM Ian McRaven, USN

"I'm just saying, Ian, who else am I supposed to pull? You know SOCOM won't let me take anyone else from their top, it's like Jenga." Jack protested as his phone rang.

"You're not supposed to pull from the top in Jenga." Ian pointed out while Jack pulled out his phone. The two of them had been at this for hours, but considering that Ian had a vested interest in the original concept he had been tagged for, he was willing to work with Jack on the matter. Getting the IOA and US SOCOM to get on board, though, that was the trick...

"...bad example. Hold on." Jack answered it as soon as it was clear it was Sam, "Yeah, Sam, what's up? Aside from you at this ungodly hour..." Jack said.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:44:07 PM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:11 PM »

*Phone*

"Well the kids needed feeding didn't they?" That was four hours ago, she realized then just how long she had Allienna with her. So very slowly, emphasizing each point Sam told Jack exactly what happened. Going into detail exactly what she thought could and would happen if they didn't do something, telling him without getting too technical that they had roughly twenty one days to fix this, otherwise after that the time dilation effect would commence soon after that with the things they knew that existed now, starting to disappear. "I'm working on a theory now Jack, as to how we can get back there quickly. We could wait for the right moment with the sunspots and possibly gate back in time. But that is far too risky as we have no idea what might be waiting for us on the other side. We need to assemble a team on a volunteer basis as I know we both can see this as a possible one way mission." She paused in thought. "Since we don't have time to call McKay, I'll need Cate MacGregor to assist me with the calculations. We'll need a 401 as well...don't ask just now, I'll fill you in when I get there, if our permutations are correct."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »

"Yeah, it's also after midnight, Sam. We're going to have a heck of a time getting anyone to volunteer right away. I'll call Area 51, but you can call MacGregor." Jack said. That woman was already unpleasant to deal with, and adding waking her up early wasn't going to help.

Then the PA came to life.

"Off-world activation. Alpha Site personnel arriving." The night shift gate operator reported.

"...we might have some volunteer material though." Jack commented, "Hold on. Bring McRaven up to speed, I'm going to go see who just came through the gate." Jack handed the phone over to Ian, before heading for the door. He stopped and turned around grabbing the desk phone on Ian's desk, hitting the speed dial button for the control room.

"Good evening, Colonel. What's got Jack in a flurry of activity all of the sudden?" Ian asked pleasantly.

"Control Room, O'niell. Tell whoever just showed up to wait there. I want to speak with them." Jack said.

"Yes, sir."

Jack then hung up the phone and headed to go the control room.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »

*phone*

"Tell me about it, I'm keeping my eyes open with match sticks right now."

"I know, we have a little time but not by much. We can send out a mass text message to all SG team members and anyone else Walter can add to the list, by morning they will all see it. I don't know how many will come running because we need to be truthful on this."

"I'll call her shortly, Cate unlike me is a night owl, I doubt she'd be in bed right now if my guess is correct. Good luck Jack."

"Morning now Admiral."

"Welllll..."

She emphasized the 'L' way too much, that was how tired she was. "It started about four hours ago just after I  put the the kids to bed...." Then she went into as thorough detail with Ian as she did with her hubby. She finished up with the statement. "...if we can't or don't fix this we're screwed."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 11:27:24 PM »

Well, Ian had been told that this was going to have situations pop up that would be unusual to even him, but he wasn't going to let that slow him down. He quickly changed gears, mentally, to the man who coordinated Special Forces operations his entire life.

"Colonel, as insane as this sounds, and it's quite high up there, I'm not going to waste time here. You have my support, whatever and whoever you need is at your disposal. I'll suspend all off-world operations if I have to in order to do so. I'm also sending you a driver, Colonel. I don't need you wiping out on the way here from sleep deprivation." Ian said, "But this is going to take priority. Everyone who has sat in this chair before me has some very grave advise regarding time travel and its consequences, so I'm treating this as seriously as they would. I'll have Doctor Lee brought in if I can find him, as well."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »

*phone*

"Thank you admiral, we're going to need every resource we can on this. By that I mean personnel so far, physical resources other than my request for a 401 won't be required at this stage. Could you hold for a moment."

"Sorry for the delay Admiral. Cate MacGregor is on base now, if Bill Lee is around anywhere which I doubt unless he's home fast asleep, we could use his help to crunch a few numbers. As for the driver.....much appreciated. I'll just need to organize someone to take care of the kids for me."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »

"Alright, I'm going to take care of things on my side while I wait." Ian said, picking up his phone and first dialing the Motor Pool.

"McRaven here. I need a vehicle sent to the O'Neill residence for the Colonel. Also task a team of SFs as well, there is a possible threatening situation that may need us to protect the residence and occupants." Ian said while waiting for Sam to get back to him. Once confirmation was sent, he went back to Jack's cell phone.

"I'll send someone for Doctor Lee. In the meantime, I've also sent SFs to watch over the place. I don't want this to turn out to be some Goa'uld plot to attack you or your family. They'll stay out of the way but I'd rather be safe than sorry." Ian replied.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 02:42:26 AM »

*Text messages arrive on all cellphones notifying all personnel of the need for volunteers, briefly outlining the mission*

*Phone*

"Thank you Admiral but that won't be..."

"...scrub whatever I was about to say, I'd be grateful. Right now I don't have the wherewithal to watch my back so having a couple of strong arms around will ease my mind. In the meantime Lieutenant Brownwell's text has arrived so I expect most everyone will have it by now. I'll have Cate head down to the briefing room ahead of me if she has found what I asked her to look for."

Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 03:32:03 AM »

"Understood, Colonel. I'll see you shortly." Ian said and hung up. As he did, Jack opened the door. Ian stood up and handed over his cell phone.

"I've got a driver on the way to pick her up, and SFs to pull guard duty around your place. Not going to argue with you on that, Jack, I don't want the Goa'uld playing some trick while we're running around." Ian said, picking up his coffee mug up. It was plain white with the SEAL "trident" badge on one side and the other side reading "The Big SEAL's Coffee" in black cursive font. It had been a gift from his wife after he made Vice Admiral and was promoted to command of SOCOM.

"You're catching on fast. Don't give those snakes too much or they'll run as far as they possibly can with it and you'll regret it." Jack replied, "Alright, let's get this show on the road."

"It's your show, General, I'm just here for support." Ian said with a chuckle as they exited his office.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 04:55:29 PM »

<<All going back in time, assemble on the Odyssey tagged <Odyssey Briefing Room>. It will be thirteen hours after the present time >>
Far Dareis Mai

lethal-pageant