Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Accommodations Hallways and Elevators  (Read 169 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Accommodations Hallways and Elevators
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:20:30 AM »

While they waited for the elevator to arrive Bonnie began humming, nothing obvious, just a nonchalant hum that amounted to simply the sound of her....humming. Her eyes brightened at something she thought of just then. "Oh, the new guy Jon, I wonder if he has left yet?"

@Bluebell722 @sorra
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: Accommodations Hallways and Elevators
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:07:22 AM »

<<From Room 322>>

Jon stepped out of his quarters, having changed into some civvies, and spotted a young woman in the hallway. She was humming. She was in civvies too, so he didn't know her rank, didn't recognize her. He'd learned to always err on the side of respect, whatever Daniel might have said about his attitude.

"Good evening, Ma'am. I'm Lieutenant Nealson, just assigned to SG-9." He offered a hand.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 01:41:39 AM »

"Oh no, I'm not a prophet am I?" Bonnie gave him her biggest grin. "We were just talking about you eltee, the rumor mill is very active around here, I got the drum on my way from our briefing to my room. Didn't know who you were though." She inclined her head towards Bryan. "This is Airman 1st Class Bryan Walker and I'm Senior Airman Bonnie Heckman, we're the muscle for SG9...sort of." She couldn't tell him a thing about herself really, he'd have to get clearance from Reynolds first and foremost. "So we're traveling in the same direction aren't we?" She gave Bryan a playful nudge.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 01:48:01 AM »

"Walker, Heckman, good to meet you both."

Jon eyed them. They were both physically older than him, but he outranked him, which wasn't exactly new to him, as he'd outranked enlisted when he was an officer the first time around.

"Colonel Reynolds said we were going out for possibly drinks and maybe some Two Truths and a Lie or whatever other summer camp games people prefer. If you let me know where we're going, we can ride together, or I can meet you there."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »

Bryan pulled a face before sighing.  "Darn you're right.  It would be nice to be able to take our cars out."  He missed some of the things from their street days.  Couldn't change that though.

Before he could respond the new guy stepped out of his room.  "Pleasure to meet you," he said, stepping away from Bonnie's nudge toward the elevator.  He glanced at her.  "Think we have room in your "junker"?" He teased her.  "Might as well all travel together."

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »

Jon shoved his hands into his pockets, the pose that had made him look endlessly boyish as an old man and still made him look boyish. As a pilot it had taken him a long time to ever really be okay with someone else the stick or at the wheel when it could have been him, but this was his new team.

He'd trusted Carter and Daniel to drive.

Sometimes.

He'd trusted Carter to fly.

"I'm fine with us riding together. Someone need to be DD?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 09:57:56 PM »

"You can call me Bonnie, or Ferret, whatever fits at the time. I'm not big on ceremony whether I'm in my rig or not." Of course there were those formal occasions that protocol dictated everyone was addressed by the correct name or rank. Now wasn't one of those moments.

Then there was the big eye roll at Bryan. "Yeah the junker will do nicely, at least its clean and doesn't stink of fuel." The fuel in this case being methanol, the liquid of choice for both her Nissan and Bryan's Chevy. "You have a chauffeur then Lieutenant Nealson, I don't drink other than soda, coffee and water. Bryan here does my drinking for me. So...." The elevator doors opened then closed again reminding her of their schedule. "Won't get far standing here will we?" She wasn't about to shove two men into action, so Bonnie did the rare lady like thing by just walking back where they had come from a few minutes ago. Pressing the elevator call button didn't result in a long wait as it hadn't gone anywhere, the doors simply opened again.

<<To Colorado Springs via Car Parks>>

Bonnie's Chevy Tahoe
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 08:37:05 AM »

"And you can just call me Bryan," he answered.  Bryan had never been big on protocol and it had nearly gotten him in trouble a few times.

He laughed a bit. "that's true enough.  And to make things a bit clearer Nealson, we both have muscle cars that have a very distinct smell.  Bonnie's rig will be much better," he promised.  Bonnie had never been a huge drinker but Bryan did find it odd she didn't even seem to like the stuff anymore.  "Hey now, you're making me sound like a drunk here," he laughed. "But yeah a good cold beer is always nice."

He turned as Bonnie pressed the elevator button.  Now how had they forgotten that?  Well who knows.  They would get going now.