Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: USS Odyssey  (Read 1785 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: USS Odyssey
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 03:48:30 AM »

Major Fred Rivers

Fred remained quiet, he had nothing to say as he stood by Reynolds and Coffin. But after Cate had given her speech he stepped away from the two and headed over to Hatfield and nodded slightly. If he was honest he was viewing this like an off world mission, went in blind hoping for the best. He knew a little French, mostly just the words used in Flemmish and a little of what he picked up from TV. Though he did look to the new addition of his team. Then to Hatfield and decided that they needed a little more fire power if it were just the three of them. He took out a note pad and quickly wrote a request for three Sten Guns, Six of the little Sten Gun Magazine carriers and enouth fully loaded magazines to fill the bags and guns plus a Luger. He wasnt a massive fan of the Luger its toggle system was just asking to get dirty and cause the gun to Malfunction. But it was a beautiful weapon and made a handy trade item if they ran in to anybody. He also glanced over Hatfield once more, and couldnt see a pistol on her, so added a Browning Hi Power to his list and nodded to the Chief as he added he wanted a messenger bag full of Grenades. He didnt care what type as long as they were period correct.
"Hey Chief when you go to Novac give her this, I think we may need the fire power."

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Veteran52 Thumb turning green.Veteran52 Thumb turning green.
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »

The Chief saluted and then extended his hand to the Major.."Pleased to meet you Sir!  My apologies for my lateness, but I believe that  the three of us will make a good team!  With your permission Sir, I would like to seek out Dr. Novack and get my 'background story' finished and get some proper clothing and paper, along with some currency..of course after the General finishes his briefing"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 07:02:14 PM »

With little more to say other than a simple thank you to both Jack and Cate, Albert stood. "Well people we may as well get this show on the road. Chief-" He set his eyes on Cooper. "-you have exactly fifteen minutes to get that organized otherwise we leave without you. I will also make a firm point of this, though we should be armed, keep in mind that we 'could' change history merely by killing someone, so be damned well sure that your life is in danger before you commit to pulling a trigger and-" Albert leaned with his knuckles on the table. "-keep whatever weapons you do have well hidden. I'll see you all in the 401."

He stood erect to walk past Jack for a very brief word. "I suppose we should just say see you later to each other Jack," Then he lowered his voice, for even though divorced there was still a deep connection to his wife. "if I don't make it back, tell Susan I love her will you?"

<<To 401 and the Black Hole>>

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »

Mhr Fred Rivers

Fred frowned at the Chiefs formal introduction. He choose not to return the Salute. But chose just to shake the mans hand.
Fred then nodded as Cooper mentiond getting his kit and back story sorted. So Fred handed hos note to him. "What ever you get at the end of the day. Just get these for me from Novac. Other wise we could be very outgunned." He wasnt giving the man permission to leave. He was a senior NCO on SG-1 He could decide the best time to excuse himself.
"Now hop to it. We have less than thirty minuets untill D day." He said. Not able to stop himself making a cliche refrence.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 11:56:17 PM »

"Good, we're all set then. Oh, one more thing...also, Al, please don't do that. Besides, if you don't make it back, none of you will exist so...just...anyways." Jack straightened his fatigues, "Empty your pockets right now of anything that isn't supposed to be there. Say, a pack of gum." Jack said, his eyes fixed on Cate for a moment before continuing.

"I was going to play dumb, but I can't. The Cameron Mitchell you're looking for is from another timeline. Our Cam doesn't know about him, thinks the guy is a family friend who was on the Achilles. From what we know, he was the result of one of Ba'al's little schemes that didn't come to pass, so likely, he won't know any of you but Jackson. So if any of you know Cam, you don't know THIS Cam. Got it? Good." Jack leaned forward, "And this is one hundred percent I am not even kidding I will court martial your sorry butt into oblivion. None of you are to change the timeline in any way except to stop the Goa'uld. You're not here to save your ancestor from dying in Northern France or going off to shoot Adolf in the face, and you're not here to find your relatives."

On the last point, Jack's gaze fixed on Cate again, and it was the gaze Jack only saved for being deadly serious, to the point that there was zero room to argue.

"If I even think any of you pulled a stunt like that when you get back and all is well, I will have you thrown in the deepest darkest hole for the rest of your life with your career so beyond destroyed, you'll be on your hands and knees begging the judge to throw a life sentence at you. Do not test me on this." Jack pushed up off the table, and stepped aside from the door, "Now, with all that said, enjoy your trip back in time. I wish it was to go back and see the Cubs win the World Series, but Sam won't let me..."

"Yes, sir. We'll get the job done, sir." Brian said, making his way to the door.

"I'll keep them in check, sir." Astrid added with a cheeky grin. As the others started to filter out, Astrid took a breath and grabbed Brian by the shoulder.

"What's up?" Brian asked, but Astrid looked around, waiting until absolutely everyone was ahead of them. The look on her face seemed like she had something to say, so Brian waited.

What surprised him, though, was that as soon as the last person rounded the corner, she kissed him. Brian blinked, not even sure if that had actually happened.

"Astrid, I...uh..." He started. But she just grinned once more.

"En svensk tiger." She said with a wink, before setting off for the hangar after the others, leaving Brian a little stunned. Jack walked out of the briefing room and stared at Brian.

"Well? Go on, Captain or Lieutenant or whatever." Jack said, making a shoo'ing motion to him.

"Ah, yes sir. Moving out, sir." Brian replied and brought up the rear of the group. Jack just shook his head as he headed for the Bridge.

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »

"Won't step on any butterflies, sir," Jon said. He nodded at Troy and headed for the hangar to load up on the 401.

He had period-appropriate clothing, period-appropriate weapons, and a forgery of a dead ancestor's identification papers.

His mother had often talked about how she wished he'd been more like his father.

Jon glanced skyward.

Well, Ma, here's my chance.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 01:45:15 PM »

Having nodded briefly to the Colonel, Cooper took off like a bat-on-fire, running to see Dr. Novak,  He had the Majors note in hand and arrived at the Core, but only slightly winded. He quickly added the 2nd luger and the 3 rucksacks to the list.  a few minutes later, Cooper was running back with his civilian gear and the Majors 'package'."Whew, that was quick, now to hot-foot it back before I get left behind"

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 02:21:59 PM »

Looking at Cate, Mike blew out a breath of frustration as he got up from his chair, getting ready to leave the room, “You call that a plan? Getting caught by the SS? Did you even bother to check the history or did you sleep through the entire WW2 lectures in high school?”
Taking a deep breath, he nodded towards O’Niell, “I promise we’ll be careful, Sir.” Then added with a hint of a smile, although the seriousness was all there, You see, your court-martial will be nothing compared to what Elle will put me through if I come back with anything more than a paper cut.”
He didn’t even touch the subject of what a messed up timeline could do them, every single one of them.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 07:45:34 PM »

<Briefing Room>

"No Lieutenant, I don't have anything specific to go over with you before the start."

William responded to his partner's question just in time for General O'Neill to address the crowd.

He listened to the General's rant/briefing about not altering the timeline. While he was very direct, the man had a point. William had seen enough Science Fiction movies & TV shows to know the risks with temporal mechanics. The argument could be made that those still in the 'present' would not be made aware of any timeline changes, but that wasn't 100% guaranteed. Plus, there was the age old paradox of the butterfly effect. One seemingly small change causing large ripples into the 'future.'

"Don't worry sir. If I see a man emerge from a blue police box I'll make sure to stay out of his path. Get in, stop the bad guys, and get out. No stopping to smell the roses."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 01:26:39 AM »

Having that face stare you down pronouncing you guilty without a trial was never easy to deal with especially from Jack. The man knew her too well, far more so than Cate might have guessed. Resigning herself to the dictated edict, without a trace of emotion on her face she began going through the pockets of her Luftwaffe uniform, which out of sheer habit she had managed to use all of them. One by one the packets of double mint gum in their bright green wrappers came out, seven of them to account for all the pockets (not the rear pants pocket of course). That was it, all the 'wrong timeline' goods she had on her other than her own sweet self naturally; that applied to all of them.

Then there was Mike, good old Mike back to his good old self. "You know me and plans Mike, ninety nine percent winging it. Now where do I get that from?" She cast a steely look at the General while he more or less pointed his literal finger at her. "Basically all of this.." She tapped her head. "...is going on several thousand eons of human history that was kindly planted there when I..." Cate wasn't going to dredge that memory up, the El'Dari and the Ancients had used her as a pawn, she wasn't going to be used again. "We'll muddle through."

Reynolds was right, more than right about doing things stupid in general really, Jack's words only added weight to that. "How the frack did he know I had something in mind?" She asked herself. For the last forty eight hours since this whole thing went down to begin with she began formulating a plan to see her grandfather. While she knew there was no way she could get him out of that POW camp, all Cate wanted to do was to see him just once. Anne's father, Alexander died before she was born, decades before in fact not long after her father came into the world. The same with her paternal grandparents, Cate had never met them either, it was just that connection she had missed all her life; she had to be grateful in one sense that back as a small girl she spent a good number of years with her 'Nan'. She met his eyes with her own, there was a mischievous twinkle in the corners as she gave him her best. "Jawohl Herr General, vollkommen verstanden." Refraining from the boot click was far too late, Jack had taken his leave. Cate followed the others to the hangar deck.

<Starboard Hangar bay>
<401-32>

So time, they were going to futz with it anyway just by going back. Bobbie shrugged, it was all geek speak to her. But now it was her turn, from the moment both the Colonel and General disappeared she was temporarily in charge, Captain of the boat so to speak. Unusually the Tornado they were using had no unique name, maybe someone thought it could jinx the mission by putting a label to it, so in the end the number simply stood, '32'.
 "Take your seats people, buckle in tightly as this first part of our trip is going to be very hairy despite our wonderful science." She just had to roll her eyes at Cate as the taller woman came in the rear. "You might have noticed when you came down the ship is sans its top gun turret, as well as our missiles and the chin gun. We won't be defenceless though, in their places we have four .50 cal chain fed guns slung under the wings, ala 1944. I don't think any of you need to ask why." With that last bit Robyn clambered up the small steps to the cockpit to strap herself into the left hand pilot's seat. She knew there were going to be some laughs out of this, no SGC pilot had ever flown a ship in a summer dress before. "Lieutenant Nealson!" Her tiny voice squeaked. "You can do the pre-flight while I go over the calculations with Commander MacGregor. And could someone volunteer to sit in the gunner's seat please."

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:34:42 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 07:01:53 AM »

Major Fred Rivers

Fred looked to the Chief as he was handed the Luger, which he put in to one of the large pockets of his tunic, next came the new holster, belt and browning Hi Power he had requisitioned for Bobbie, given her attire he doubted she had a weapon on her. Finally he added the three sten gun mag carriers over one side of his body, and then the brown messenger bag full of German Potato Masher style grenades. He couldnt pick out any specific type as he seamed to have a good variation. But he had at least 20 in the bag. Finally came the STEN guns, but before he moved on to dealing with those he looked to the Chief.
"Who are you meant to be?" He asked. He knew Bobbie was meant to be a Civilian, which is why he was happy to carry an extra pistol for her if things went breasts up. As he looked to the NCO he set to work, with a bit of rope he had on the German webbing he wore he tied the SMG's together and strapped them to the messenger bag.Now he felt like a commando, laden with equipment. But at least the German webbing and Spanish rifle fit his cover story a lot better. Though once he was done he took a moment to add a few last touches to his gear, a Gurkha Kukri knife on his belt, just behind his Webly Mk VI, and lastly he strapped a Farbain Sykes knife to his webbing, easy to draw on in tight quarters. And with that he set off to the hanger.

He found the 401 they would be flying in, not even noticing it didn't have a name he just took a seat by a door and lent back, thinking for a moment. He had no real family history in the second world war, His Granddad had been a Feet Air Arm Navigator, But managed to avoid dying. His other relative. Fred Bowhill was an Air Chief Marshall in charge of Ferry Command, no something they would get involved in. And Fred could live with that. Once on the 401 he took a seat by the door and rested his rifle on his lap, looking over it he couldnt help but shake his head, he wished he could have had a SMLE, but he needed something that would take local ammunition.

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 08:29:25 AM »

<Starboard Hangar Bay - 402-32>

"Yes, ma'am," Jon said to Hatfield. He slid into the copilot seat - marking absently in his memory where he'd left his supply pack - and set to his preflight checks. Since it was the SGC, he figured no one would ask why a baby Marine like him was a pilot. Everyone at the SGC had strange and varied skills, and since he was a Gene carrier and a natural candidate for being a jumper pilot, well, most of the time trained pilots were harder to come by than flight craft, so the more, the merrier.

He hummed to himself as he went through his check. It seemed like an idle ditty to anyone listening, but it was how he kept different craft straight. He had different songs assigned to each craft he could fly in his head, and when he was going through flight checks or other tasks, he would pick the appropriate song. He was pretty sure no one had noticed the Old Guy's tendency to do anything similar, because it was a trick of memory that fell out of use the more experience he had with a craft, and by now the Old Guy was probably an old hat at anything he flew.

This 401 business was no joke, though, and Jon was pleased to see the advancements that had been made. It was like being a test pilot all over again.

He felt a bit like a married man who'd taken off his wedding ring to cheat on his wife, shedding his own dog tags like he had, but Novak had hooked him up with replicas of his father's tags just in case he needed ID, along with an M1911A1 .45 (just like his father's, the one he'd learned to shoot with as a boy), a couple of spare magazines, and some uniforms to be safe.

He was just a grunt, but it wasn't like he'd never taken a demotion and been a grunt before.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »

The Chief took the second luger out of the bag and put it into his rucksack.  His clothing was a bit better than a workers uniform, but it was comfortable and sturdy.  He would have appreciated a chance to have had a nice sniper rifle, with scope, but a history researcher couldn't have such an item!of I am Dietrich Hans Daimler, a graduate  die Universitat aus Koln.  I was born in 1910, in Essen,North Rhein/Westphalia!  My area of study was history and the arts, but Im now trying to conduct research and trying to stay ahead of the War.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2018, 02:51:37 AM »

<Starboard Hangar Bay - 402-32>

Al took up a seat somewhere near the center of the rear cargo area, away from the large ammo drums he had noticed fitted to the bulkhead just near where the main plane wings were attached to the fuselage, he had experienced being near a fifty cal when it starts up, not entirely pleasant. "Thanks for the speech Flight Lieutenant, very reassuring indeed. Fred-" He craned his neck around to the Brit. "-I wouldn't get too used to lugging that arsenal around, might slow you down if you need to run." So this was it, zulu time. The best he could do was suck in his breath and stick his ancient brief case between his legs. Sitting there in the old world suit somehow made him feel insecure.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 04:17:22 PM »

Cooper found his seat at the back and sat down, buckleinghis seatbelt, just to be sure. He looked around at the others and pulled out a small cloth-bound notebook(period appropriate) and started to write out some more facts for his fake life.  Placing the rucksack between his feet, and thought about his team-mates. "Major, do you want the 2nd ruck that I brought along?  We each have one, you, the Flight Lieutenant and myself..we could split up the load and it might not be so cumbersome to carry!  Flight Lieutenant, I can get yours to you before we take off!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

lethal-pageant