Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1944 English Channel  (Read 716 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
1944 English Channel
« on: June 08, 2018, 03:04:21 AM »

Time check: 0245 GMT
 Weather: Heavy clouds, light rain, SSW breeze at 25 kts
 Position: Twenty miles above Dover
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:09:32 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: 1944 English Channel
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:05 PM »

<From 2011>
<401-32>

A white hole opened high in the night sky above England, specifically above the Channel, from that hole a darkened shape was literally spat out like a kid who didn't like what it tried to eat. It was violent to say the least. Bobbie and Jon had the controls back now, well in a way they did if the damned thing would stop shaking, which it did after a minute that felt like an hour. "My god!" Bobbie exclaimed. She checked herself quickly, all in one piece other than the fact she had peed herself, not much but enough to feel it. Adrenaline and sheer excitement bordering on terror. "You okay Jon? Is everyone okay?" She called over her coms.

Cate for her part sat there at her station, sweat pouring of her like a sinner in a Alabama Baptist Church. "I'm alright Hatfield. We need to find out if we made it to the right time and place though. Give me five." The first thing she did was to use the ground mapping radar, pretty soon she had a 3 dimensional picture of where they were. "We're above the UK at 32,000 meters. Now are we on target for the right time?" How would they know unless they went down there or....the radio? That might work. A little fiddling until finally; Cate played it over the PA.

"This is Germany calling, Germany calling. The Royal Air Force is too weak. The Royal Navy is too weak. And as yet, the common sense of the British people is too weak to perceive the catastrophic nature of the plight into which they have allowed Churchill to lead them."

"What the?" She undid her harness and leaned back. "Does anyone recognize that?"
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »

<401-32>

"Just fine, thank you, ma'am," Jon said, doing his best to stay calm and keep his hands firm and steady lest Hatfield need him to take the stick.

He was startled when the radio signal filled his ears.

"Never heard anything like it before, ma'am," Jon said, "but it sounds like propaganda to me."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »

"I feel...ugh...like the movies lied to us." Astrid commented. Brian groaned in response before finally regaining his composure.

"...when's this station going to get to the part about the Statue of Liberty being kaput. I want that part." Brian commented, an oblique reference to Saving Private Ryan.

"Propaganda broadcast. Not very helpful, unless it has news that the Allies suddenly lost their foothold in Normandy or that the Reich had claimed victory over Moscow." Astrid said.

"Yeah. Then everything we knew would be out the window, so let's not hope for that." Brian replied.

Veteran52

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Veteran52 A new starter.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »

Cooper had been reviewing the facts about this period.  The Nazis still believed they would win, despite D-Day.  The propaganda machine was still trying to bluff the Brits, despite Churchills vow."That was a rush!  And I agree, this is just more propaganda, like Tokyo Rose did in the Pacific.  The Reich goofed when they made their assessments about where the Allies would land and they are just trying to save face."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »

<401-32>

“Broken Statue of liberty. 'Planet of the Apes'. 1968, Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowell…" Mike grunted with his eyes closed as the ship finally stabilized. “Let’s hope Cate didn’t screw up the math to make an error like that.”
As soon as he’d uttered those last words, the radio call in the loud speaker proved everything about that though. They had, in fact, traveled back in time.

Taking a couple of long, slow breaths in an attempt to calm his upset stomach as well as his nerves, he finally opened his eyes and continued with a hint of a grin, “I knew we should have taken the DeLorian. I’m sure that would have given us a smoother ride.”

Mike looked across the aisle towards the medic, finally being able to answer the man, “99% of you guys are adrenaline junkies, yes. I’m very much aware of that and for most of the times, trust me, I’m more than happy to leave these kind of trips to you lot.”

Veteran52

• Airman First Class
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »

The Chief kept slapping his pockets,partly out of frustration, partly out of hope..He checked everything again.  In his rush to get all of his gear, before they took off, he hadn't gotten any currency from Dr. Novac! Swallowing his pride and hoping to lighten the present mood..he looked towards the Obsterleutnant and grinned"Bitte Obsterleutnant, haben Sie das Geld? Ich habe kein geld!"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
AKA Captain Harry Savage

Fred felt a little rattled. But no more than he really expected. Though he still took a moment to stretch.
"Oh shove it up your arse fritz. Royal Navy and RAF already kicked your arse by this point." He mumbled hearing the broad cast as he took a moment to move his neck causing it to click. Once done he reached down to check his weapons and gear was all still secure, he didnt want a loose grenade rolling around.
"Who's getting dropped off first?"
He asked

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »

That was some rough ride Albert said to himself as his last meal threatened to come back to bite him. "You weren't wrong about technology Hatfield, could you three up front have made it any more uncomfortable for us back here?" He said in a rather annoyed fashion over his communicator to the cockpit. Not that he could blame them entirely of course, it was a fairly hard call in the first place to take a ride over that monster of a black hole and according to Sam Cater it was only a baby; he'd hate to think what the outcome might have been had they chosen a larger one. "Stature of Liberty?" That part went straight over his head.

"Mike you're absolutely right, so before we get all head up about where we are and the right time we need to do a double check. MacGregor see if you can tune into an Allied frequency, something like either the BBC or Bomber Command, either of those should give you some better information on the day and date of our arrival." He thought hard but not long on that annoying transmission, for while he hadn't heard it directly he did recall its origin slightly. "I believe that is someone calling themselves Lord Haw Haw, a Brit turncoat operating out of Berlin. Shouldn't be hard to confirm. As for our drop offs, Captain Coffin and myself will be positioned in London first, after that I would say swing north to drop off Wing Commander MacGregor and Miss Lofquist, then Flight Lieutenant Hatfield, Major Rivers and their team; with Lieutenants Nealson and Troy with Doctor Jackson the very last to hide our ship. Where was that exactly?" Already he'd forgotten some of the finer details.

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 11:18:22 PM »

<401-32>

Lt. Jon Nealson/Pvt. Patrick O'Neill

Jon said, "We'll be parking her in Switzerland just over the border from Friedrichschafen. I picked a nice field in the outskirts of Güttingen. After that, Jackson, Troy, and I will be on our way to look for an SS facility in Ravensburg."

He glanced over his shoulder at Troy and Jackson.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 11:01:42 PM »

<401-32>

"Lord Haw Haw?" Cate said rather unbelievably. "Who the hell would make up a name like that?" That was just, well it was just. "Give me a few moments Colonel, I need to, actually no I don't need to do anything at all myself." She tapped a few keys on the computer keyboard to direct the radio to seek out old time AM stations; it took all of a few seconds before she was getting what they needed to know. It was not quite the clarity they had all been used to in the digital age, yet still clear enough.

"In London this morning it looks like we're going to have another fine English summer, it's currently 53 degrees and we might see a little sunshine today after an early morning drizzle. Get out your brollies ladies as in that sunshine it will be a scorching 75 degrees. This Peter Griffin coming to you from BBC1 on the second of July, the time now is 2:47 this morning and from our latest bulletin the allies are going to make 1944 a year old Adolph is going to regret. Now back to our broadcast." A big band sound began playing before Cate switched it off. 

"Hmmm, we did good Sam." She said to herself, Cate couldn't and wouldn't take all the credit for what they had achieved. "Colonel Reynolds did you get all that?" In the lull of quiet Cate heard the request from Cooper, she was about to answer when Bobbie put her 2 cents worth in.

"Not bad, where did you learn your Deutsche chief?" He had a slight accent, but not too noticeable. But now that the order was given and with Cate's confirmation Bobbie took the initiative. "Dropping to 8,000 meters, Colonel Reynolds, Captain Coffin standby for beaming, we'll put you as close as we dare but somewhere you won't be seen arriving." That might be hard though she had an idea where. She did some searching, looked for life signs and at this hour one would think it'd be bare, but there was a war on. Finally she found a place. "Bushy Park Teddington, the cricket club to be exact. There's no one around for at least 300 meters in any direction and you'll be about a ten minute walk to Allied HQ." She looked over at Jon. "Hold her steady at this altitude Jon, not that it matters but I want to get them right on target."

Cate fished through her pockets, she had far overestimated the amount she needed with her 21st century daily expenses, in reality she could get by in this era with less than a quarter of what she had. "Here you go Cooper, 300 Reichsmarks, more than enough" She counted out the 20 and 50 notes then reached back around the door for him to take them.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 06:11:12 AM »

Major Fred Rivers
AKA Captain Harry Savage

Fred listened to the BBC for a moment, if he haddnt been sitting in a spase chit wearing clothes and carrying equipment from the 1940's he would be adamant he was laying in bed in the early hours of the morning after a night out drinking. He then overheard them for a moment before calling out. "Might want to be careful where you put them. This time of night, they might end up getting arrested for poaching. Or shot if any of the USAAF boys around the place are a little jumpy." He said with a slight shrug. There were a few good storys of that. US men posted in the UK during the war being a little over zealous when dealing with opportunistic locals. One Benefit of Enfield having the Royal Small Arms Factory near by, their Military presence was mostly British and at least they didnt shoot poachers on sight.

Veteran52

• Airman First Class
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »

Cooper looked up and started to respond to the Lieutenants question/compliment, but then saw her swing into action as they maneuvered to the first beam-down sight!  Listening to all of the conversations at once, he was remembering this from his studies and the same thing could/might happen to the team he would beam down with.  Caution would have to be a primary concern for them.  After hearing the brief broadcast and the resulting comments, the Chief took the lull in conversation and answered the LTees question.."I studied German at the OstIllinois Universitat Lieutenant, but it was some time ago and Im a little bit rusty, but thanks! "  "Danke Obsterleutnant, dreihundert Reichsmark ist wundebar!"

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »

While he had heard snippets of the broadcasts from the era, there was something different about hearing it for real in 1944. He chuckled at the various references to time travel. This was just one more example of how the Stargate program was literally turning 'science fiction into reality.'

"Well if nothing else, Captain Kirk and company will show up multiple times in the 60's, or we just pull open every blue police box we can find."

The conversation then turned serious as the group began making final preperations for their beam down sites and forays into potentially hostile territory.

"Switzerland sounds like a good place to park it. While they were on alert during the war, they managed to avoid getting dragged into the fight."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:40:45 PM by Troy »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 12:51:31 AM »

"Actually, I was referring to Saving Private Ryan. And save the jokes, I know how much I look like the guy who played Private Ryan." Brian said, standing up.

"Oh, you're no fun. Besides, you're better looking than some movie star, and you'd have saved yourself." Astrid said with a grin. Brian coughed slightly.

"Ah, well, I mean, you're not wrong. Ah. Yeah, hey, let's get this show on the road? Clock's not running any slower." Brian called up to the cockpit. His gaze turned back to Astrid and gave her a thumbs up, finally cracking a grin.

"See you soon, Captain." She said before the team heading to London were beamed down to the target site. Luckily, so far so good, no one was around.
Pages: [1] 2