Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 13985 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 297
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2019, 09:18:53 PM »

"Quiet woman." Fran thought of Aurore when she left. Possibly someone who might need some company when the time was right. Once the XO was out of the office Fran returned her attention to the others. "You may need to spend some time with your executive officer Michelle, she appears to me to be the lonely type, I think she could do with some moral support at some point." She took a vacant chair.

"I won't delay you all then now until the ceremony is about thirty minutes away. Alex...you're welcome by the way. You'll need to see me at that time, ready and dressed. Michelle I won't need to see you again until you walk down the aisle so you'd better get a hustle on I think." Her eyes then cast over the two girls. "They never change do they? Young woman I mean."

Just as Aurore had left, Miki re-entered the main office looking rather pleased with herself. She had managed to get all the important paperwork done so that the rest of her afternoon could be free to help Michelle and Alex. "I overheard Colonel San, forgive me. I have called him, forwarding your request to him. His answer 'Wild horses couldn't keep him away'. He will see you there as you arrive."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:00:16 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 97
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »

"Thank you Major, you've been a superb help." Alex meant it, the woman had done what was expected and more. He'd remember that.

The time was moving forward rapidly now, he knew that, the atmosphere from everyone told him so and as much as he wanted to be with Michelle every minute, he knew for the next few hours they had to part. The only thing he had to do was shower, shave and put on his dress blues; even if retired, he was entitled to wear them which was his choice. "I'll be there Fran, count on it." He stood at that point, gave Michelle a deep hug and kiss on the cheek before asking Miki. "Chief is there a room I can use to change?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »

Michelle chuckled as Bobbie and Kim disappeared again.  No, the two never did change.  Although Fran's comment about Aurore was also very true.  She nodded slightly.  "I do believe you are right.  As soon as I get back to work I'll see what I can do," she promised.  She knew it had taken her a while to get used to being on Zulu and she had hoped to have the same type of working atmosphere here.

She laughed and hugged her fiance. "See you soon, handsome.  And thanks again, Fran."  With that Michelle spun on her heel, knowing she needed to move it if she hoped to get her hair done.  A dress she had a feeling was out of the question.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 297
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #288 on: January 24, 2019, 09:08:49 PM »

"Speaking of which, Miki I'll need to change as well, I assume the base Padre has a private suite adjacent to the chapel." She wasn't one to go around the hallways in her underwear for sure.  "It is a pleasure Michelle, no go on with you." Typically the bride was always late in most cases anyway.

There were things the Commander's steward had to do before the moment as well, things she could attend to mostly from her desk at least. "Yes there is sir and Commander McCarthy can lead you there. In the chapel there is of course the Chaplain's office and rooms, next to that is a guests room."

"Now that is handy, I think I'll make a request at the SGC for the same thing." Fran saw the need for it. "Come on then Alex, a wedding waits for no man."

<<To Chapel>>

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 97
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2019, 03:34:13 PM »

Right at that very moment Alex felt the first pangs of nerves. At the tender age of fifty two, having been a bachelor his entire life even to the extent in those four decades since his teens he could virtually count his girlfriends on one hand, the last of those some ten years ago. He had always said quite openly, much like a Priest, or more rightly a Nun, he was married to the Air Force, that entity was his wife. Then there was a point in your life that things and attitudes do change, a point where you realize the utter futility of living that kind of life, in the end you knew instinctively where it will end, bitter loneliness as you grew older.

Who though was going to accept an old fellow on the wrong side of youth, with one leg? He had never planned anything beyond trying to muddle through life as best as he could until that day Michelle walked into his life; the heavens opened up for him and he had every reason in the world now to make sure her life was the best he could give her for merely the gift of love she had given him. Nerves, yes he was feeling life a sixteen year old on his first date. "And I'll see you light up that chapel when you walk down that aisle Michelle." He touched her arm briefly and affectionately before acceding to Fran's demands. "Coming Reverend."

<<To Chapel>>
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]