Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Colorado Springs, Colorado  (Read 4041 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Colorado Springs, Colorado
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »

Bryan followed Bonnie back to their table.  So much for a nice evening out with the team.  Before he could say a thing to get his own seat back, Bonnie has taken care if it.  He hid a grin behind his hand as he slid back into his chair.

Bryan reclined back, listening to the reporter.  If this wasn't played right things could go south fast.  "That definitely sound like a sci fi movie, " he agreed with Jon.  "Wouldn't hi d watching it.  Sounds pretty entertaining. "

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2018, 11:54:42 PM »

{Agent Bob NID} NPC
 {Agent Shirlely NID} NPC

Around the time Bryan and Bonnie had returned to the table, Parks gave his little speech and of course Jon his reply, two suited people came through the front door, a man and a woman both in their mid 30's perhaps, he as fair as she was dark. An odd pair. They 'might' have been detectives, but they weren't; they both had a far harder edge to them. Without any fanfare whatsoever they came as straight as a pool cue to SG-9's table. The woman had slipped an object into her pocket, something familiar to the SGC personnel as a short range listening device; Bonnie spotted it before it disappeared. There was no introduction.

<Table>
 "Mr Nigel Parks, we'd like you to come with us please, you needn't bother Mr Reynolds and his friends any longer, we can address your concerns." The woman spoke softly, she had a very slight accent, possibly French. The man, of average height with a slender build stood behind the reporter, there was another small alien looking device in his hand ready to use.

"I wouldn't argue with Shirley mate, she might look pretty and cute but she's not." Now this one was definitely not American, he was British and that sealed it for Bonnie. NID. She was wearing a grin.

"Well I thought you lot'd be quicker, do I need to spell it out? N-I-D." He did exactly as he said. "As I told the Colonel when I arrived, I am no threat to either him, his team or your base." He felt the presence of the man behind him, knowing that if he didn't comply, they'd have a way of making him do so.

"We do understand that Mr Parks, we have your accomplice by the way, so will you come quietly with us?" She was being too gentle with him.

Bonnie shrugged, looked at her teammates, then Bryan. "We could go back to the dance floor, but we won't." She leaned forward. "Parks, none of us care too much what you offer us, if you know so much you would be more than aware that if we do anything or say anything to you, we could spend a very long time in Levenworth. Now I'm sure that would suck, so please, don't be so asinine and just go with these people. I'm pretty confident they'll make your miserable day a little more worthwhile."

The bald man appeared then to just give up, but he also knew it wasn't over either. "Very well then, I'll go. But I know we'll be seeing each other again soon." He got up from his chair, both agents stood either side of him, then walked him out as quietly as they came.

"Enjoy the rest of your night folks." The agent said over his shoulder.

When they were gone, Bonnie should have been happy about it, but something didn't sit right with her. "I guess we all know they're going to take him to the SGC don't we? And his stooge I expect." No she wasn't happy at all.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:57:26 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »

<Table>

Albert's head was like one of those clowns at the fair that you dropped a ball in his mouth going constantly from side to side. Frankly he found the whole situation much closer to a circus than anything else with a room full of clowns. Two of whom he knew well, the last two in the guise of Agent Robert Darnell and Shirley Thomas, both despite their ridiculous accents were as true blue Americans as anyone of them at the table. He was more than amused as to the why of it, why the charade when it was blatantly obvious Parks knew what was coming or at worst he suspected it. "Disturbing, that is what I am calling it and did any of you find this whole thing feeling like a set up? As in we were bait of some kind?"

While he more than anyone may well be forgiven for thinking somehow the NID was complicit in this whole thing he didn't think so from a personal level, it was too amateurish to begin with which meant Parks and whoever his associate was were the real deal as far as culprits were concerned. Then it came to the why? Surely a man of his background and experience was going to be knowledgeable enough to realize they wouldn't get ten yards with what they were trying to do. "And Nealson, thanks for the entertainment but if we ever find ourselves in a similiar predicament again try to cut back on the cheese just a tad. I nearly choked when you mentioned Colson, that case is still classified. Now-" He picked up his beer, poured into a glass to take a sip; not too bad. "-I think we can safely enjoy the rest of the night but don't be surprised if the Admiral calls us in. Heckman, I'd say in the next twenty minutes that's exactly where they'll be." What would Jack think of all this, hell what would Landry think of it?

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »

<Longhorn Restaurant and Bar - Table>

"Yes, sir, that case is still classified, but he did show off that clone on national television. Something anyone would've seen. As for Wormhole! X-treme...that's why the SGC let that go, isn't it? Plausible deniability in case anything like this ever happened? Might as well take advantage of the fact." Jon dove into his food. If they only had twenty minutes to get back to the Mountain, he wanted to enjoy decent off-base food. Not that he didn't like blue jello as much as the next guy.

If Nigel Parks knew as much as he said he did, then the SGC hadn't sprung a leak, it was geysering arterial spray, and the NID better get on top of it fast. There were a lot of things the world didn't need to know about the SGC - yet. And there were things he would rather people not know about him ever.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »

Bryan watched the scene unfold.  He had a feeling Bonnie was right.  They might as well enjoy their meal while they could before they got recalled to the SGC.  So much for a relaxing evening.  Although meeting the reporter had certainly thrown a wrench in things.  And just what had the guy hoped to accomplish?  The  SGC wasn't going to agree to his terms.  "Guess we might as well enjoy our meals while we can."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »

in the inner pocket of his jacket, the cell phone started vibrating, but Tim chose to ignore it for now and as expected, it stopped after about 30 seconds.
“Yes, let’s try and forget for this whole thing for a while.” He smiled and lifted his glass of beer, “To the team and for finally being off duty for at least the next 20 minutes!”
The cell phone started another round of making itself known.

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »

Jon scooped up his phone. "Pardon my terribly millennial use of my cellphone at the dinner table, sir, but I am curious about Nigel Parks from the Colorado Sun. He mentioned his son but no wife or mother for the kid. Who's got the kid if we've got him?"

He unlocked his phone and fired up a web browser, typed in Nigel's name and the name of his newspaper and wondered what he'd find. He wondered what, if anything, Brownwell had found.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »

With her mouth open about to say something dawned on Bonnie that was to her quite disturbing, a puzzle to unwind so to speak. While listening to all the conversations she recalled Jon having brought up Colson industries, specifically the former CEO Alec Colson and the so called fake Asgard situation. Now she knew that even within the SGC personnel who had joined after that incident had no knowledge of it, basically it was wiped from the records except for 'eyes only'. The only way she knew of it was because of a mission briefing SG-9 had prior to going into the Pentagon to find a rogue Trust operator that had links to Colson; otherwise she'd be in the dark as much as anyone else after 2004. So the question on her mind was how did Jon know about it? Should she ask, or wait until some private moment? She chose the latter. It just didn't add up. But then he didn't know about her just yet, though as a team member he should, but not here. With a little stealth she removed her connection to her own cell phone. "I think he said 'my boy' maybe in the figurative sense, I couldn't imagine a guy like that even being married let alone fathering someone, he seems far to selfish to share his life with anyone, but maybe that's me." Bonnie tilted her head up then down once looking at her own phone.

Bryan was right though as was Tim, they should put this out of their minds at least while they can and enjoy the rest of the night. While Bonnie knew that each one of them would be faking that anyway as she was going to. "Lets eat before the food gets cold." While she still had the capacity to eat some foods, Bonnie never felt hunger, that was something that was taken from her, not that she missed it of course but yet it was an unnatural feeling. She started with the fries, then cut her burger up rather than picking it up; Bonnie knew she wasn't going to be eating much of it, the image of that Parks was far too fresh, making her angry until it was resolved.

To change the subject she looked at the Colonel, stopped eating as she asked him. "Sir, did you eventually hear from Doctor Bannerman before you left? I was kind of curious so we could tell Jon here what we've been up before he joined us?" One thing for sure, he was damned well not going to know what she and Bryan had been doing. Bonnie used her elbow to good effect to give him a decent prod as if to say "Shut up Bryan, we're not doing This is Your Life." She knew men all too well, they liked to talk, way too much.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »

<Table>

"I couldn't agree more Foster, I think that little show was enough for a week's worth of stupidity any of us might want to digest." When he looked down, Albert was taken aback to see that while all the talking had been going on, he had been eating in between moments, so now his plate was all but empty. "We should make the best of what time we have though, as none of us should have any doubts that home base won't be calling on us sooner that we'd want them to. Nealson, do what you can while you can. Any dirt we can dig up this trouble maker will be well worth it in my estimation." Out of sheer habit he glanced at his watch, they had been there well over an hour already.

"Bannerman? Yes I did in fact. Now there you go Nealson I think this will make you do a happy dance. Our last mission covered a dig site we spent a month taking our ease baby sitting a group of Geeks. It was fairly much a convention for them you know. Well it looks like they hit pay dirt this time, what started as an above ground ruins became a fully fledged archeological dig some three levels down and get this." Very rarely was Albert so talkative but this topic was now in his blood. "They found a large wall covered in glyphs, hints and all that jazz, he translated one cartouche as the 'the lost world'"

@Bluebell722 @NG

*color edit by Mim*
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:56:47 PM by Mim »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2018, 05:44:38 PM »

<table>

There was certainly a lot they didn't know.  There were way more questions then answers.  Although hopefully they would have at least some answers soon.  He jumped a bit,  moving away from Bobbie's jab.  Okay so he would keep quiet,  eating it was.

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »

Jon continued poking at his phone. "Yes, sir. I will let you know if I find anything useful."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2018, 12:49:13 AM »

She'd had enough, well to be truthful Bonnie faked it for the most part, consuming a few 'chips' and downing two glasses of ginger ale and one very small helping of salad. By this time Bonnie was prepared to call it a night, she was more than anxious to do something else and while they could talk on into the small hours of shop and the usual things, she had something else in mind. "You know...." She said pushing her plate away. "...Bryan and I, well we did some crazy things as kids and I was thinking, since my um....upgrades we might be able to get a little deeper with this Parks guy. Do we know where he lives?" Yes it was illegal and yes even they could get caught with break and enter, but it was worth the risk.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2018, 02:33:52 AM »

< Longhorn Restaurant and Bar - Table >

With a sigh, Tim fished up his phone, looked ad the unfamiliar number, only revealing it came from a switchboard. Odds were that it was a sales person, but they never were that persistent, were they?
“Excuse me, I’ve got to see what this is,” Tim said with a frown and without any further delay, he got up and walked in to a more quite corner of the bar. His team still fully visible though.

Two minutes later he came back, face pale and still holding the cell phone in his hand. This had probably been the worst phone call he’d ever had in his life and he swallowed hard before speaking, “Look, I need to go. That was the high way patrol calling. My parents have been in a car accident. My dad is on his to City general by a chopper, mum is going there too, but by ambulance.”
Being a medic and former EMT, he had all possible scenarios played out in his head, doing his best to push away the worst ones. His parents were at least on the way to a hospital and being as it was, that was a small, possibly good thing…

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

<Table>

Things happen, often at the worst time. Putting everything aside for the moment Albert placed his hand on Tim's shoulder. "Son, there could be nothing worse. Listen, you came by taxi and I think we're all done here. I'll drive you to the hospital from there the rest of us can follow up on this Parks toad and yes Bonnie I know exactly where he lives." He should, back when he was NID Parks had been under investigation that far back. "Walker you Jon and Bonnie head down to Commonwealth drive, I'll meet you there after I drop Tim off alright?"

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2018, 11:59:23 PM »

<Longhorn Restaurant and Bar - table>

Jon winced. Getting news like that about family was awful. "Sorry," he said to Foster. "Let us know if you need us to do anything - bring you gear from the base if you need to hold vigil or something." To Reynolds he said, "Yes, sir. Meet you there. I'll let you know what I've found out about our party crasher."

He threw down enough cash to cover his check, then nodded at Heckman and Walker.

"Ready to go when you are."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10