Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 16-17 Command Bunker + Stockade - Storage  (Read 11177 times)

Ares

Re: Stargate Command- Level 16-17 Command Bunker + Stockade - Storage
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »

His dark blue eyes kept moving, never letting him fix on any one point or person, the slow evenly paced 4/4 time he kept with the first two fingers of his right hand against the table's edge, the fingers of his left constantly moving in chord positions as if along the neck of a guitar, his head faintly bobbing to the tune only heard in his head.  When the gender offset in the room started to balance, he started to feel a little less cornered animal, and started to relax.  He was too far away from anyone to hear much more than the din of low conversation, but he looked like he was paying attention none the less.

When the guitar pantomime failed to completely settle him, he reached into one of the front breast pockets of the BDU's and produced what looked like a very used Royal deck, tapping out the somewhat frayed, bent and faded cards into one hand, he deftly began cutting, flipping and resetting, keeping his hands busy, by alternating left, then right, then back again.  He was one of the rare people, at least that he knew of, where both hands could operate independently.  Not just ambidextrous, but autonomous.  He could write a completely different sentence with either hand, or draw with one and do dot puzzles with the other.  With his release from the holding cells, and subsequent tests performed after, this talent had been discovered and put to use. 

Now, though, it was something of just a cheep parlor trick, slipping cards here and there from hand to hand as he waited and watched.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »

SSgt Gary Carter

Gary Frowned a little after being told he couldn't smoke. It wasn't because he couldn't, it was because this was the first time he had ever worn his dress uniform with out his family somewhere watching him. Gary then stepped away mumbling "I'm not even getting award, why the hell do I have to be here." He just wished normal SGC operations would start again, At the very least so he could be attached to other SG teams and go do something worth while, or even better be put on an SG team full time. then he could busy himself with everything in his path and ' not have time ' to attend these.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

With their arms looped together like old shipmates ( and no they weren't rolling, nor drunk) Carrie and Kim came off the elevator laughing. It would appear they were sharing a joke about something, most likely concerning the male species. "...and it was 'this' big!" Kim could be heard saying as they came up the passageway towards the conference room.

Not far behind them from another elevator down the passage way Maria and Ruby came out in a rush. That was typical of both women and Kim and Carrie's laughter attracted them like a magnet. "Come on girls share the joke with your buddies." Maria said grinning.

>> From Briefing room >>

Carrie stifled her giggle as they approached the others, “Been there, done that -and worse! I thought I was going to die when he actually landed it in my lap! I swear to you, it took me weeks to get over that and be able to go out there with him again!”
She gave Maria a puzzled look, “What joke?” then looked back at Kim, “I’m serious, I stayed at home for a month!”
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:43:02 PM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 226
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 12:40:39 AM »

"Really, my god that is so...." Kim began when she realised Maria and Ruby where standing there with a questioning look. She thought she could spice it up even further but decided against it, given the mixed company. Plus there was the fact that the President and his entourage could walk through that door any minute; given his penchant for surprises. "...um..well, actually Ria we were talking about fishing, with our fathers." She said with a sloppy grin.

"Uh, huh. And I suppose I'm to believe that from you Kim?" Maria answered with an equally stupid grin.

"Yeah... we were honestly." This was becoming a tricky situation rather rapidly. But when all was about to explode on Kim's face; Ruby came to the rescue.

"Ah believe it... trooly ah do Kim, Carrie. Ah've seen them photos Kim has in her office with her dear old Dad. God... how big was that fish?" She had to grin. It was true, there was a photo of Kim with her old man on the banks of the Mississippi and a very young Kim was holding what she believed was a Pike, a very big Pike.

Kim giggled a little, most inappropriately for a woman of her age. "Twenty five pounds Ruby... it took me two hours and I was only fifteen." She was walking and talking at the same time. Before she knew it, Kim had led them right into the conference room. They were in time.

"You're kidding? You and Carrie here are into fishing? Damn me if that is just so funny. I'm trying to imagine it." Maria added. "We best take our seats I guess." Maria looked around to see if she could find her own tag. Front right a few chairs to the side. Kim's was in the second row, right next to a hunky looking guy in BDU's and Ruby's was first chair, front row left. Carrie's was right next to Maria's. There would be a few empty ones today. Mike's was on the other side of Maria's.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 12:53:42 AM »

Cheryl straightened up for a moment, she felt such an idiot talking into her sleeve like some secret agent or something. "Sergeant Carter, you are here because you are supposed to be here. There is only one person in this room who is aware of them being awarded. Now please take your seat." She softened her tone a little. "You might be surprised."

((OOC all combat personnel were sent to either the Last Battle or the Alpha site. There are very few who were not involved in either battle ))
Far Dareis Mai

Calleigh Caine

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:26 AM »

Calleigh is getting adjusted some. She looks around the room with her pad in hand . She stands by Sergeant Rebecca Mickleson by her chair where she is seated and she stands tall. She eyes Cheryl and asks: "Um may I ask where my seat is?" Calleigh is a very quiet and meek woman at times. But when pushed? She can be rather sharp. She is a bit nervous but holds her ground . She is a strong woman. One that can hold herself well. Calleigh is a woman with a strong will. But she is one that can work quickly on her feet. She also takes orders well. She stands tall in the Ceremony and looks proud and strong. She is waiting politely to find out what her orders are. Calleigh, looking sharp in her uniform, does her best to please her fellow officers around her. She waits for her orders to be given and where to sit and what to do.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:46:54 AM by Calleigh Caine »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:21 AM »

((OOC:I thought Gary and Lt Sheppard wernt at either battle. They were off world contacting the Hammond wernt they? ))

Colonel George Sanderson
1st Lt Charlotte Summers
SSgt Gary Carter

Gary huffed a little, not like a child but still he then walked to his chair and slouched in it. Waiting for the other British personnel to arrive.

Charlotte walked in every now and then having to stop to make minor adjustments to her skirt every now and then, but smiled at everybody she passed and took a seat next to Gary and smiled. "Ok Staff Sergeant?" she beamed. Gary replied with a
"Meh."

George was the last to walk in and saw Fred wasn't there yet and muttered "Jesus F$%£ing Christ Rivers." As he walked over and took a seat one away from Charlotte so there was space for Fred to sit in rank order.
He didn't know if he should make space for the other British personnel, like Major Tiff O'Neill or Captain Evans or not, because they didn't have much to do with the rest of the British Contingent.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 09:21:41 AM »

*transmission from Briefing Room*

"Have all personnel line up in formation for VIP inspection.  Major Devlin and I are en route to greet our guests.  Out."

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »

Satisfied that Gary was in his place, Cheryl with her arms crossed beneath her chest nodded as a job done. Next was Cal, she was a little ditzy sometimes but a smart and intelligent woman. Despite her being with the SGC six months now, she still at times found herself a little lost. "Cal, over there, right next to Sergeant Carter." Boy he is going to love that. Next was her 'boss' she pipped her radio and did the whole talking into her sleeve thing again. "How long have we got sir? I don't think everyone is here yet." She replied.
Far Dareis Mai

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »

SG-8 filed in behind Staff Sergeant Cooper, with Harley bringing up the rear. One might say she looked like a mother hen, if not for the dangerous, well trained look of her team in front of her. After the professional profession, the slightly disgraced officer almost looked out of place. Fortunately for her, the Marine Dress Uniform was enough to cover up almost any indiscretion, and the eight of them in procession together almost looked like a miniature parade.

None of them spoke, having practiced drill and ceremony of and on as a team building exercise. Cooper led them along an outside wall and they all stopped in time, and then made a perfect left face to face the room. They all stood at attention, as Harley finally spoke.

"SG-8, all present, pre-inspection completed Lieutenant Brownell."

Ares

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

Watched the rank and file entry, his hands stilling their idle card shuffling.  At the practically 'ten-hut' announcement the apparent leader made, he discretely tucked the frayed and worn cards back in their equally frayed and worn case, and tucked it into the breast pocket he'd taken them out of.  Casting a glance round the room, he spied the clock, and watched Brownnell's multiple conversations with her sleeve.  Whatever was going to happen was happening soon, and the knowledge that he was sitting where he was unnerved him even more. 

Anxious, though covering it, he stood and stretched, playing off his fidgeting nerves by feigning to try and wake his leg back up and stand behind his chair rather than sit in it.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 01:36:33 AM »

LtC Jonathan Brown - NPC

Carrie shrugged a little, “Not very much, but if it’ll keep the ol’ man happy, I’ll do it,” then added with a grin, Got to admit I like them netter on the plate than in my lap though!”
She followed Maria down the rows of chairs and as she was about to turn right to take her seat, she felt someone give her a light brush on her arm.She turned and looked at back at the man behind her, grinning when realizing who it was, “Jon! I was starting to wonder when you’d show up.”

LtC Jonathan Brown grinned back at his wife, “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He gave her an amused once-over look, “But seriously, jeans when meeting the President!?”

Carrie grunted, “Yeah, well, every one around here doesn’t get first hand information or,” she gave him the same once-over look and swiped off some imaginary piece of dust from his shoulders, “have a nice looking uniform tucked away in the closet at work.”
“Privileges of an officer.” Jon gave her hand a gentle squeeze, “Now hurry up and take your seat,” he made a movement with his chin towards the other section of chairs, “I’ll be over there.”
Carrie returned the squeeze, wishing she could actually give him a hug, then let go and nodded, “Ok I’ll see you later.”

With a nod Jon turned and walked over to an empty chair, he looked at the man in BDU’s apparently trying to wake up some numbed body parts, “Is this seat taken?” and then nodded towards the woman next to him, "Major." A familiar face from the infirmary, although he couldn't quite place her.

Carrie hurried away to catch up with Maria and slipped a sigh of relief as he slid down on her seat, and grinned towards Maria, “Amazing; it takes a President to make me sit down more than a couple of minutes…”

((OOC: Mike post will come in my tonight, apx 12-14 hours from now, so please no president yet??
And sorry if the format of the post looks weired - I have no idea what the forum is doing to my word document after having been copied in to here :o
))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:38:51 PM by Northern girl »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 03:14:27 AM »

The Admiral still hadn't replied, such was the coms once he was outside the base, so Cheryl took the moment to continue her organising. She shrugged, Harley never ever addressed her friend by rank, but yet it would seen her little indiscretion might have put a little fear of God into her, meaning the Admiral. She looked them over and smiled; they were superb as usual. "Second row left Harley." Cheryl glanced over at the covey of women and one lone male gathering nearby; she knew each and every one of them. At least someone was organising themselves and Colonel Lee won't be alone either, that made her smile.

((OOC looks great to me NG. I'll post my others tomorrow.))
Far Dareis Mai

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »

<<radio transmission from Level 1>>

"Five, maybe six minutes Lieutenant.  The President and his entourage are standing outside, and it's not polite to keep them waiting.  Have everyone line up but in parade rest until we arrive on level seventeen.  Then full attention until the President completes his inspection."

<<*two bursts of static*>>

"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »

>> From Quarters, Level 14 >>

Mike stepped out of the elevator and hurried over to the designated area; it was starting to fill up to the last chair, but from the looks of it, he wasn’t the last one in.
He slipped a sigh of relief and took a few moments to catch his breath before entering the room, taking the middle aisle, looking for his chair. He must have looked more bewildered than he felt, because suddenly Carrie waved and pointed to the chair next to Maria.
Mike returned the greeting with a nod and grunted inwardly, ‘Oh just great. First row, my usual luck!’ then took a deep breath, walked over to his seat and sat down with a quiet “Hey” to Maria next to him and to Kim behind her.

((OOC: Hope I got everyone’s position correctly. Oh, and edited a little bit in the post above… )
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11