Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 19 - Scientific Laboratories and Secondary Armory  (Read 2620 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

The base scientific laboratories comprise the bulk of this level. Each lab is equipped with a varying set of tools based on the needs and specialties of the assigned personnel. The metallurgical lab contains a number of analysis and dating tools while the experimentation labs include an EM field generator, isolation and observation deck, and an emergency hazmat station. In the event of a radiation or containment leak, Level 19 may quickly be sealed off from the rest of the base.

Level 19 also contains a series of observation and quarantine rooms, allowing the interaction and monitoring of items and personnel that may pose a health or security risk to the SGC.

The secondary base armoury is located here, under heavy guard at all times. The armoury holds sidearms and firearms for all the base security personnel, enough to outfit a team of up to fifty. A secure sub-armoury contains access to explosives and restricted weapons such as SAWs (Squad Automatic Weapons, the M249 Light Machine Gun), claymores, and a small selection of captured alien weaponry.

All doors on this level are twice the standard thickness and laboratory walls are reinforced with steel plating.

Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter's laboratory is on Level 19. Doctors Lee and Felger will be found here as well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:23:12 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord is looked down upon.
  • Genius Extraordinaire

<<From Level 16-17>>

McKay stepped out of the elevator and made his way at a brisk pace to Dr. Lee's lab, where the two were currently working on someth9ing that was not McKay's idea for once, but which he was assisting with because Carter was at the Pentagon and McKay was apparently the second most qualified after her, according to Lee.

Stepping into the lab, McKay glanced up to see that Dr. Lee was there, working on the device that they had spent the morning setting up. "Well, I'm back, and trust me, you did not miss much at that meeting. As fond as I am of seeing the President, people who's names I don't know getting awards does not compensate for me being taken from extremely important work."

He brought up the blueprints for the device on his datapad as he moved to stand at the table across from Lee. "Speaking of which, you didn't break anything in the half hour I was gone, did you?"
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Clauz89

<<from level 16-17<

Silvia passed her badge and opened the door.
Much to her surprise, Lee was there, and looked like he's been there working for hours and hours.
With a shocked face she said:
"Lee! What are you doing still here?! I thought you said you had an emergency at home, something about you mother... I thought you left two hours ago!"

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

Dr. Bill Lee {{NPC}}

"No McKay, I did not break anything,. Actually, I think we're about ready to go," replied Lee, glancing up from his computer.

"I'm just finishing this up with Dr. McKay, and then I'll be heading off. Besides, I set a timer and it hasn't gone off yet...." he replied to Silvia, falling silent as he checked his watch. "Hmm...that's odd. It didn't go off and it's later than I thought. WEonder why it didn't. Must have lost track of time again." In a hurry, he started collecting up his personal effects to leave.

"Alright, I've got it all set up. Turn it on, see how it works, call me if it rips a hole in the fabric of space-time" he said in a rushed fashion before heading out the door with a hurried, "Excuse me," to Silvia.

McKay shrugged before turning back to the machine. "Alright, let's get this baby started," he said to himself as he pushed some buttons on his datapad to get the device running. With a slight hum and the brief flicker of lights with the shunting of power, the device activated. McKay grinned as he looked over the readings. "Alright, power levels are stable, no holes in space time yet, and no lethal radiation. So far so good."
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Clauz89

Silvia shook her head. She still didn't fully understand how that weird fat nerd became almost a genius and the head of the most advanced and secret science lab of the whole planet, but nonetheless she learnt really a lot working with him, and thanks to his annoying attentions she quickly rose the ranks at the SGC.
"Don't worry Lee..." She said (she liked to address people by surname, especially colleagues)
"I'll watch over him, and if he tries to tear a hole in the fabric of reality you'll be the first to know it."
"Be damn sure he will..... This man is pure Genius, but his mind equals his Ego, as I've been told.... And I can easily believe that"
"Now go!"

When his boss left, she looked alternatively at McKay and his device, that was active and humming, and glowed of a white bluish light.
"No holes.... yet..." She underlined Mckays words.
She took Lee's tablet and took a look at the schematics.
"So... what exaclty are you working on? This things look worked out from Ancient techs, but there are bits of something I don't recognize.... Lee's been very mysterious about this...."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:21:35 PM by Clauz89 »

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

"Hey, have a little faith," McKay protested, switching between looking at readings and at Silvia. "Trust me, this thing is perfectly safe. And even if something does go wrong, I'm sure I can fix the problem before we're ripped apart into our composite molecules."

"As for this device, Uh, Dr. Lee is working on developing the hardware for a quantum computer based on crystal tech. Incredible processing power, smaller size, etc, etc. Course, it does take some power, but we're....working on it. This is the first trial run. I think he just has it working on Pi for now, but we'll see how more advanced we can get from there."

He grinned. "Well, his idea, but I helped. Should be pretty useful for the space fleet, if we can get it working."

Clauz89

Silvia looked amazed at the device.
"Woha! I can't even imagine what would overtask such a beauty at full power!
Useful is an understatement, something like this as the brain of a dreadnought ship in combat situation... The real-time simulation it could run....."

"And this is a Lee's idea?!"
She took a look at the readings of the power it was consuming and she made a low whistle
"That's a hell of a power wasted on just computing Pi" She whispered.

Silvia brought up the schematiics of the crystal lattice on her datapad and run some models: she calculated the vibration frequency of the crystals, twice to be sure, and yelled with a look of fear on her face:
"Shut it off, Mckay, shut it off!"

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

McKay ignored Silvia's talk about how useful the device could be once they had it perfected. After all, he'd heard the same explanation himself, and was acutely aware of the processing power involved. It might even be able to help him understand that new form of math he invented a few years back.

Her worried outburst did manage to catch his attention though. "Why," he asked, coming around to see what she was looking at. "Oh, that. We're doing high end level math here, and it is a prototype. Some feedback's to be expected. It's within the safety margins though, so nothing to beworried about."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:55:34 AM by Flamelord »

Clauz89

That was preacisely the reaction that Silvia expected. She knew that one of her gratest skill was to find flaws in the works of the teams she was a part of: combined to her pessimism that didn't help the good mood of the team, but it surely improved the quality of the results.
She frowned and reply:
"What kind of safety standards are we talking about?! This ultra-high frequencies can barely be detected by our finest equipment, have you wondered how far can they go before being neutralised?"

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

Mckay rolled his eyes as he walked away to where he had been before. "Look, you have a degree in what exactly? That's right, physical engineering. And as helpful as Dr. Lee might have been with your training, you forget that I have had over six years of experience working in Atlantis, not to mention the fact that I am the world's foremost expert on Ancient technology. If I say nothing's wrong, then nothings wrong.”

He went back to diagnostics on his tablet before continuing. “Besides, even if another race could detect those frequencies, it's not like they'd learn anything from them. Earth's location is hardly a secret. If it's actually important, I'll fix it later.”

Clauz89

"what's wrong whit physical engineering?" Silvia asked him with a challenging tone, but she didn't wait for an answer: she came to know McKay well enough to imagine his reply.

"Fine." She ended with a grunt. If they didn't want to listen to her, their bad.
"Everybody tend to ignore me when I point out the truth...."

She put back up a smile, and asked him:
"So, apart from complaining, is there something that has to be done?"

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

McKay only shot her a glance as he was busy back at work. "Besides getting a coffee for me, nothing you can do that wouldn't get in my way," he replied with a dismissive wave of his hand. The machine was working fine, and there didn't need to be two people working on it. And besides, he worked best when allowed to work freely without having to explain things to less knowledgeable individuals.

Clauz89

"Sooo predictable!" Silvia thought of McKay's reaction. But predictable didn't mean easier to accept.
Sulking, she left the room, saying, without even turning around:
"If it's coffee thatyou want, then coffee you'll have.
But when you bring doom to this world, or worse, don't say I didn't warn you!"

When the door closed behind her, she gave a small punch to the wall.

>>to level 22 - mess hall>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

*radio*

"Doctors McKay and Hart, please report to the Admiral's office immediately please."

((OOC do not reply, she is on the move  :lol: ))
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

McKay didn't notice as Silvia left, busy with his work. There was some fine tuning to be done, altering software for maximum efficiency, reducing unnecessary power consumption, etc. He wasn't tracking any major problems though, just some minor glitches that could be attributed to the experimental nature of the device and software.

Then the radio message came through, prompting a glance to the ceiling as McKay wondered what he was being pulled to do now. It had better be important, because he was doing ground breaking work right now.

With a sigh, he shut off the device, unplugged his tablet, and headed out, completely forgetting that Silvia had agreed to get him coffee

<<McKay to Briefing Room>>
Pages: [1] 2 3