Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 19 - Scientific Laboratories and Secondary Armory  (Read 2138 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended

Flynn was shocked as the words came across the radio.  Why were they wanted in the Admiral's office?  Well, there was only way to find out.  She shut down the program she had been working on and slipped out of the lab.

Flynn headed for the elevator.  Hopefully everything was alright and there wasn't any trouble.

<<Flynn to Briefing Room>>

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire

James Coolidge - US IOA Representative {NPC}

<<McKay from Level 15>>

Arriving, McKay did a quick check to make sure nothing had happened and that nobody had messed with the quantum computer prototype. He didn't trust someone here to not break something. After all, the standard of genius was about as equal here as it was on Atlantis, which meant there were still a bunch of people less qualified than him to touch this stuff.

Seeing that it was, McKay walked over to the phone on the wall, having looked up the number he needed on his tablet. "Yes, I'd like to talk with Mr. Coolidge."

There was a short pause before the connection came through. "This is Coolidge. Who is it?"

McKay was doing a bit of busy work as he talked. "This is Dr. McKay. I just got your orders that I was to be transferred to the Dreadnought. I would like to know why."

There was a sigh on the other end of the line. "Dr. McKay, you don't need to know why. Rest assured that the IOA has put its full consideration into the matter, and that the decision was made for the benefit of the Program, and Earth as a whole."

McKay found himself getting frustrated again, coming up against the pointless evasion of the IOA. "Funny, I assume the good of Earth would include getting all the knowledge we can from Atlantis, and not putting my research projects there on hold indefinitely. Sure, a lot of the work I'm doing is theoretical, but that has to be done first before we can get to practical applications."

"Look Dr. McKay. Your work can wait. Dr. Zalenka is fully capable of handling any problems that arise, and we feel your technical expertise is more needed in dealing with threats a bit closer to home."

If McKay could fold his arms in exasperation, he would. Now it was time to make his threat. Hopefully it would work, since it was the last recourse to him. "Fine. If you don't reassign me somewhere more suited for my skills, like Atlantis or the Sagitta, then I quit."

There was complete silence for a few seconds. "Surely you're not serious?"

"Maybe I am," McKay replied. "It's obvious my primary skills aren't acknowledged, and everything I've done for the Program is irrelevant. And besides, it'd be nice to be able to publish a research paper or spend all the back pay I'm owed. I guess you'll just have to decide how much you need me." And with that, he hung up.

To be honest, he was a bit jumpy now, and he was at a sort of loss to do. It was at that point that he realized how hungry he was. Since all he could do was work on the prototype and wait for the IOA to get back to him, he figured a break might be in order. He locked everything down, then headed to the cafeteria

<<McKay to Level 22>>
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended

*intercom system from Commander's office*

"Captain Forster, report to Admiral Davidson's office immediately."

Clauz89

<<from level 27 - Briefing Room<

Silvia started to run again as soon as she exit the elevator: there was no time to waste.
When she reached Lee's lab, she had to lean against the doors and breathe deeply while she pulled out her badge.

She looked left and right at least twice, and, luckily, she didn't find anyone.
"Phew, McKay's not here... Well then, the notes on Lee's quantum computer, first."
She was so glad she had already made a copy of everything on her tablet when Lee left, otherwise she would have needed way more than 10 minutes.
She took the tablet, grabbed a big backpack for computers and put it in there along with the Admiral's orders; then she opened her locker and quickly evaluated what was in there that could be useful.
She found her lab coat, a clean white T-shirt and a pair of blue cargo pants she kept in there in case some artifacts went ka-boom in the lab and ruined her clothes: she pushed them too in the backpack.
She put it on her shoulders and started to run back to the elevator, forgetting to lock the door.

>>to level 28 - Gateroom>

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

<<From Level 22>>

Arriving in his lab, McKay didn't know that he had missed Silvia's recent entry and departure. Not that it would have mattered much even if he had been there, though how he or Dr. Lee might have reacted to her taking the quantum computer blueprints with her was anyone's guess.

Once in his lab, he closed the door, and picked up on the IOA.

“This is McKay. Go ahead.”
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook

"Rodney. McKay." The man on the other end of the line clearly enunciated every syllable. When James Coolidge had called him about this issue, he hadn't been happy - and it showed. Was Admiral Davidson incapable of controlling his people?

"You do not dictate how the IOA utilizes its resources. We are interested in the possibility of integrating more Ancient technology on our BB 310's, and you are our foremost expert on Ancient technology. I would like a report on my desk within six months; after which, we will review your case." There was a small pause as the man cleared his throat. "In the meantime, you will report to the Dreadnought and her new head of science, Doctor Jackson. Have a pleasant day, Doctor."

The line clicked dead, and the IOA representative, Matthew Keller, was gone.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire

To say McKay was prepared for the icy hostility he received would be a bit of an understatement. This was obviously not the typical IOA representative, since he doubted most of them had the deadly certainty he was receiving right now. As such, this kept him from responding, if he had even had the chance, and left him standing there as the phone clicked.

His mouth moved like he was trying to speak, though no words came out as he got his mind in order. “...Fine. But that would have been a whole lot simpler to put in the orders in the first place,” he said with indignation to the empty room.

With a sigh and a slumping of shoulders, he grabbed his bag from where he had left it and slung it over his shoulder before heading down to the gate room.

<<McKay to  Level 28 Gate Room>>

DragonGate

<<from Level 1>>
<Biology Lab>

Jen swiped into the lab and dropped her purse under the workbench. In nearly full flower, the male, she would not call it numbweed, anesthetic plant's fronds bobbed around in its protective glass environment. "And how are you today, little fella?"

Checking projects in progress, Jen started up her normal work day.

((Reading descriptions for both 18 and 19 made me decide that 19 was the best area for a not-too-senior biologist to be splitting work space.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:50:47 PM by DragonGate »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook

<From Control Room. to Biology Lab>>

It took Cheryl some six minutes exactly to get from the control room to Jen's lab. She had heard through the grape vine her buddy was back and so, before hitting the sack (like how do you sleep in broad daylight? Never mind you are underground); she wanted to drop by for a visit. But the one thing she had learned, you don't barge into one of the science labs, you never know what you might be confronted with. So, she stayed by the door frame, simply doing as she always did, vocally. "Knock, knock. I heard you were back. Wanna chat for a bit?" She said.

Far Dareis Mai

DragonGate

<Biology Lab>

She cut a sample from the anesthetic plant and carefully smeared the red sap onto a microscope to look at it. It had a lot of promise, if refined. The raw form was too strong. Jen looked behind her at the plant itself, where it sat prominently on her exam table in the glass case. "Can't blame you though, everything on your home plant tries to munch on you, huh?"

Cheryl's voice got her attention and she looked up from the long work counter. "Another day, just got in from home. Looking at the samples from the 'if I call it numbweed, Anne McCaffrey will sue us' plant. I mean, there's Earth plants with skin numbing properties, but nothing as severe as this. Good way to stop animals from eating you, though. What's up?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook

<Biology Lab>

Cautiously, Cherly entered, taking the lab stood beside Jen, she was the kind of girl who would one moment pat a lizard and the next run from a flower that ate mice. Such as the one Jen showed her not so long ago. "Um, right. First things first. Your pay grade went up three percent last week." She grinned. But now came the shocker. "Cate Hughes is alive, she came back earlier today. Apparently she had not been killed six months ago in the war, she ascended....don't ask me." She said defensively, Cheryl didn't understand it either.
Far Dareis Mai

DragonGate

<Biology Lab>

Ascension, now there was a process that had made her curious ever since she'd learned about it, the conversion of mass into what should be a massively explosive amount of energy but wasn't. Unfortunately, beings of pure energy didn't exactly have anything for a biologist to study and didn't hold still for research either.

"So she's alive now? I would say that doesn't happen often, but we are in the SGC. If your spouse legally dies and comes back, do you have to re-marry them or do things just keep counting, you think? Never mind. I'm sure Captain Hughes and the rest of her family have been informed, right?" Jen busied herself re-tying and tightening her braid for a few minutes, then went over to the microbiological cabinet.

"Oh, I'm still studying those bacterial samples from -378, they're downright primordial. If we keep watching that planet, it could provide a lot of answers about early life on Earth. Of course, I doubt we will. Not a lot of defense significance to most biological research that isn't bio-weapons." She rolled her eyes on that.

Not far down the counter was the brilliant, and large, green mouse-eating pitcher plant. "Oh, your friend here is doing well too. No medical value to him though, when I get a chance I'll probably return him to the planet of origin."

((Gotta love the plants that flip the script. Rodent skeletons have been found instead particularly large pitcher plants.))

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook

<Biology Lab>

"Best place for it in my opinion Jen. I mean, how can something so pretty end up being so nasty?" Then again, Cheryl always thought chameleon's were pretty to. She reached for a jug of what looked like water, her hand paused near the handle. "It is isn't it?" She asked, a look of awareness on her face. Then she carried on.

"You remember that request you put in for Zulu station? Well I think you can consider yourself lucky the Admiral turned it down. About 72 hours ago, something happened there, I'm not entirely sure what. But there is some kind of virus sweeping through the place, most of them are dead and those who are not, have been taken over by what we believe to be a kind of biological replicator. There are survivors, or were. SG4, Colonel Sheppard and some from here have gone via the gate and the Dreadnought is there now." Cheryl was wearing a frown now, a slightly saddened and confused one. "Oh, Cate and Rob, yeah, how does that work? I mean the part about until death do us part?....yeah, Commodore Mac saw Cate earlier today, as did Rob." She looked at Jen's work, intrigued. "Doesn't anyone just be curious anymore Jen, why does it have to be weapons all the time?"
Far Dareis Mai

DragonGate

<Biology Lab>

"Do we have any samples yet from any of the victims? What are the MDs saying?" Jen walked to her exam table and picked up the anesthetic plant to store it back on the long work bench. She was far from being very senior, less than a year working in the SGC. Would they let her in on this? "As for why weapons, you're the one with a silver bar, I'm sure you can answer that question for yourself."

Though Jen knew she probably actually had more experience of the way the military worked than Cheryl. "As Sarge used to say, it oughta be called the Department of Offense."

More questions and problems about the virus came to mind. "If everyone was infected within a few days, that's a level of contagious that matches the likes of Ebolavirus on Earth. God help us all if it's airborne transmission, too."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook

<Biology Lab>

"As far as I know Jen, nothing since SG4 and Colonel Sheppard left about thirty minutes ago. I never received much more than the original call from the station commander. We could, if you want, get an update from the Dreadnought." Cheryl was worried, it wasn't procedure not to get updates unless there was some real problems. "I'm an accountant, other than my standard training, to be honest, I can barely pass my pistol test grades so there." She almost poked out her tongue, very tempted to at least.

"Apparently, I know this much. It took no more than a few hours to sweep through the entire station. Five hundred and thirty people Jen, some of them our friends. Only twelve survived." Now she did look glum.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3