Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 29283 times)

Colorado_Cowgirl

Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »

Janet smiles nodding at the major while responding to Ruby "I'm sure if she was here she would agree that the medal of valor was well earned Ruby." Looking around the infirmary she sighs responding "I'm aware how much the me of your reality meant around here when I was here a few years ago SG1 told me some of what she meant to all of you.  Especially to Sam." Rubbing her pregnant belly she stays silent a minute before asking "Ruby I want to ask you something and how you can understand why I'm asking this about you and very few others."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 232
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »

For Ruby it was a somewhat emotional experience being here with a woman she admired so much, a woman, in as much as the former Doctor Fraiser she knew, what seemed so long ago. Ruby had only been at the SGC a few months, a young raw Second Lieutenant, straight from the Air Force Nursing College and her initiation at the Alpha Site, when the Janet she knew lost her life. The then Second Lieutenant Ruby Forster was one of three Combat Nurses who was sent into their baptism of fire at the Battle Scene to bring back the wounded; Janet and Jack O'Neill was among them. She took a deep sigh.

"Thank ye Doctor Fraiser, thank ye." Ruby answered choking back the tears. "If'n she was here, I would give it to her in a flash. She had done more in savin' lives in her life then ah ever could ina life time....yeah sure Doc, what is it?" She asked curiously.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »

Janet smiles giving Ruby another hug responding "Your Welcome Ruby and I'm sure if she was here now she would say the same as I would that she was doing the job she had to do and wanted to do as well as we don't leave people behind no matter the risk." She then looks Ruby straight in the eye and asks "Ruby I wanted to know if you would be willing to be an aunt to the twins seeing as they don't have any true aunts or even uncles here in this reality and wanted to ask you first and foremost."  Janet stands there rubbing her pregnant belly in nervousness as to what reaction she might get.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 12:31:59 AM »

That did make Ruby smile, because it was 'exactly' the same thing Janet had told her on many occasions in the brief time Ruby spent under Doctor Fraiser's guidance. "Aye tis so true Doc.." But then this Janet was different, she talked more and often Ruby had noticed she at times hardly came up for breath. That could be because of the pregnancy of course. "...what did ye say...an Auntie? me ...." She clapped her hands with joy and without thinking hugged Janet. "Ah'd be proud to yes!"
Far Dareis Mai

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »

Janet smiles hugging Ruby back when she hugged her. She moves to sit down and just relaxing replies "You know back home these little ones had my brothers as official uncles but by what Sam has told me your Janet didn't have any family other then you all here."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »

>> From Quarters, level 14 >>

< Nurses station >

Mike came down to the Infirmary a little bit later than he’d expected, but since no one had called for real medical emergency so far, he’d slowed down once he was in his quarters.
It had taken him a few minutes to decide what to wear for what was probably his last shift in this place for a long time. Scrubs, flight suite or something else. The something else won. Big time.

The red, yellow and green Hawaii shirt clashed pretty good against the dark green, well worn, BDU’s as he walked over towards the nurses station where Kim were and sat down next to her.
“Look, umm…” Mike took off his old Cubs cap and heaved a sigh as he tossed it on the desk in front of them. “I’m sorry.” He looked up to face her, “I’m sorry I snapped at you before in the briefing room. That was uncalled-for.”

TiffLevi3

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »

Hearing a familiar voice Janet looks up and spots the one person she considers a niece responding [color=]"Tiff!  How have you been keeping busy?  Come over here and give me a hug you!"[/color]  Janet smies looking from Tiff to the checklist before looking back at Tiff and responds "Oh you know me Tiff if one of the SG teams are in trouble I want to do my part to help out so I came down here before the rest of the medical staff to get the mobile medical bags stocked and ready in case they are needed." Letting the smile go for just a minute she places a hand on her pregnant belly responding "Oh the babies are just fine though they have been driving mother crazy with all the kicking today seems they want mother's attention today.  Sure hope they calm down soon as I had planned to stop by Sam's today have something to ask her.  Something I plan to ask your Aunt when we ever get to see your Aunt and Uncle again."

{Major Tiff O'Neill}

"Aww bless 'em" She smiled rubbing her eyes a little. "I'm sure we will" She said optimistically. "Where is Sam anyway? Aint she in Washington or summin?"

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »

Janet smiles looking at Tiff responding "No closer she got to later in this pregnancy Sam got Jack to let her come stay down here in their Colorado Springs home Tiff." Janet starts rubbing her stomach again saying "Tiff when you came down here did you happen to hear when Doctor MacGregor was going to get down here?"  Janet rolls around on the chair over to her things and rummages around inside for her phone.

TiffLevi3

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

{Major Tiff O'Neill}

"Doctor Macgregor?" She said blankly before her eyes widened in realization. "Oh yeah, Macgregor. Yeah think she got caught up with the whole President situation downstairs. Sure she'll be here soon" She guessed with a slight shrug. She looked around the infirmary, there was a lot of non-sick people gathering in the place. "I've never known so many people wanting to hang out in the infirmary" She said facetiously.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 02:27:25 AM »

It was now becoming a little crowded in Med Bay and Kim still had her work to do. Plus she was finding it hard to concentrate with so much talk going on. The arrival of Mike helped a little to take her mind of it though. She could use a little male bravado right now. Looking at him though she almost burst out laughing and hit him with his nickname straight off. "Aww Hawkeye you know I can't stay mad at you for long buddy." Her grin was as wide as the Mississippi. "Say, Mike, you wanna use those manly vocal cords of yours and break that up?" She pointed to the waiting area. "We still have patients here who need sleep..maybe ask them tactfully to head to the commissary or something."

"Hi Mikey." Ruby said as she looked up seeing him enter, but he was too quick, he headed straight for Kim. She shrugged her shoulders and turned her attention back to Janet; just then Tiff came in and the subject was changed. "Ah think Anne headed home straight after the ceremony, she didna look well."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 03:26:15 AM »

< Nurses station >

“Thank you Kim!” Mike grinned back at her and looked over the counter, across the room. “Me, being tactful? Whatever gave you that idea? But, never the less,” he gave her a mock salute, “I’ll do as you say Major!”
He put his cap back on, used both hands to push away from the table and walked over to the three women.

“Hellloo ladies.” Mike gave them a mischievous smile, “I’m really flattered to have you all down here today. Is there by any chance anyone who needs a complete physical?” Then added with a heavy accent he’d picked up while in the Middle East “Very good offer!” Only for you, misses!”

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »

>> From Briefing room >>

Carrie stepped out of the elevator and crossed the waiting area, noting the small group of people there, ‘So Janet still here, on her feet. That woman really needs to take it easy or we’ll have a preterm delivery on our hands. I am so not up for that…’ She gave them all a smile of recognition, feeling quite content that Mike could handle them all without any problems. The man finally looked more at ease with himself and the situation, then frown a little, ‘Is Ruby back on the roster again?’ Knowing how badly hurt she’d been and how much physio the woman had been through, she had her doubts, but as usual – stranger things had happened round here.

She whispered a “Good luck” towards Elle, before moving over to the nurses’ station and Kim. “My office in 2 minutes?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 01:42:25 AM »

"My pleasure." Kim said in her southern drawl and then he was off. God that man was a bad as Heckman sometimes, Kim thought to herself. But gave him an assuring smile just the same, then put her head down to work. Yet when Mike did do what she asked, she had to place her hands over her face; there was no way she wanted to be connected with 'that' order.

Ruby turned her head around at the sound of Mike's voice. Her face went red with both embarrassment and a slight dose of annoyance. "Mike!" She yelled at him. "A wee bit o decorum please laddie." She didn't have to say much else, he would get the picture. "Ah think ladies we should move thes conversation elsewheres."

Right at that moment Carrie walked in. Silence fell over the entire Med bay. No one messed with the 'Boss'. Kim looked up, slipped her glasses off and sighed. "Yes ma'am." She picked up a load of papers and followed Carrie out.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »

Mike tossed his hands up in the air, “And leave me alone in this God forsaken place of misery? Come on ladies, you’re the light of my day.” He gave Carrie a nod of acknowledgment before adding in a pleading tone, “Please?”

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 06:40:42 AM »

Janet looked up at the Captain standing before the three of them and responds "Well not exactly the kind of checkup you are thinking of Captain Jaworski but I am waiting for Doctor MacGregor to get down here or maybe Carrie you would care to do the honors should Doctor MacGregor have gone home already."  Then turning slightly Janet mouths to Kim "Sorry Kim." Then turning back to the Ruby responds in a whisper  "Ruby if you get time Cassie is throwing a little party in about another month kind of a co baby shower for Sam and I both if you are here and can come."  Moving to get something out of her bag Janet pauses letting her eyes shoot heavenward for a moment as she rummages in her bag for what she wants before responding "Excuse me a few moments everyone" then quickly heads for the nearest ladies room, a book in her hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57