Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 29285 times)

TiffLevi3

Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 06:46:39 AM »

{Major Tiff O'Neill}

Tiff held her hands up defensively, shaking her head. "No! No, no, no... no checkup for me thanks. I gotta get going, catch ya all later" Tiff rushed outta the door.

<To the Briefing Room>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 232
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »

Elle didn't exactly take her time, but she didn't dawdle either. Her long legs making up a lot of time, time she didn't have to waste. In her head a clock was ticking, she called it the clock of doom; somewhere in her past, whenever she heard that, something was going to happen. At last she reached med bay and the person of her attraction and interest was there as usual dressed like some latter day character from MASH. She looked around and only Colonel Fraiser outranked her and she was medical, Elle still had military authority over the ranks on most issues. Ruby was there as well, that was convenient, Tiff whizzed past her without a glance, the girl was in a hurry.

"Jaworski!" She called out to him in that so distinguishable Aussie accent. She merely pointed to a spot on the floor in front of her. Cocking her head to one side, she caught Ruby's attention as well. "Captain Forster, finish up whatever you're doing please; we're shipping out."

"Wha.." Ruby began as she heard McFearson. Of all the women she knew, as good as Elle was, a fine pilot, one of the best in the fleet. She was a little to hard edged for Ruby's liking; what Mike saw in her she never knew, but apples for apples as her mom would say. "Aye ma'am. Lemme jest say me good byes."

"Very well, but don't take to long."

Ruby went to each in turn, Janet, Kim giving them a hug and wishing them well; saying goodbye. She saved Carrie for last. "Doctor, ah've been meaning all these months to say thenk ye to both ye and Doc Mac....ah jest never got aroond to it." A small tear fell from her eye. "Ah owe ye both mah life and ah'll never forget that." She kissed the other woman on the forehead, held her hand for a moment and stepped back. "May Mother Mary watch over you." When she let go of Carrie's hand, she left a small set of Rosary beads with her.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 11:58:33 PM »

Janet hugs Ruby back responding "You stay safe you hear me that is an order. I don't want to have to tell these little ones that their Aunt got hurt out there somewhere.  Keep in touch I expect to see emails at least once a week from you hear?"  Janet does a kind of dance on the spot waiting till Ruby replies back.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »

She turned towards Janet, “Of course I will, if Anne doesn’t show up I’ll see what I can do. Just give me 10 minutes with Kim here, ok?”

Carrie was just about to leave when Ruby came over, and even though she should have been expecting it, the hug still surprised her and she couldn’t help feeling a bit embarrassed. “You’re welcome Ruby,” she replied then shrugged and grinned a little, “Just doing our job, remember? Now be careful out there. I’ll have you in my thoughts … Take care.”

“Kim,” Carrie made a let’s go motion with her hand, “Come on.”
Before leaving though she turned towards Mike, “And Mike?”
The other doctor turned and looked blankly at her, “Yes?”
She took a deep breath, “Be careful out there, ok?”
“As always…”
“Good” With a nod towards him Carrie took off towards her office.

She swiped her card through the reader to unlock the door, left it open and walked over to sit by the desk. Mike’s reaction told her he still hadn’t forgiven her, but what was she supposed to do? The man had to just deal with it. She was his boss and this was the air force, right? People were supposed to follow orders from their superiors. Carrie slipped a sigh and opened up the lid of her lap top, it didn’t feel good though. Giving orders in the ER was one thing, ordering people around like this - that was something completely different.
She rubbed her face and leaned back in her chair as she waited for Kim to arrive and the computer to come to life again.

Mike winced when Elle called him over but walked over towards her and gave her mischievous grin, “Want me to sit and beg for a cookie? People might get some… strange ideas.”

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:46:27 AM by Northern girl »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »

"Don ye all woory aboot me Doctoor Fraiser, ah'll be right as rain." Runy told her confidently as she looked over her shoulder, still standing by Carrie's side. She give her a smile to say everything will be fine and finished with Carrie before she got out of sight. "Ah buy ye sommat when ah get back Carrie." With that she headed out, tapping Mike on the shoulder as he faced Elle. "Ye ain't never goona get peace now laddie, ah'm goona be yer chief arse kicker." She laughed and ducked out before he could give her a clip over the ear.

Kim snapped like a robot, the poor woman had been running both the Nurses station and the ICU for thirteen hours straight. There were still three critical patients on hand who had been injured when a supply truck ran into a staff car near the front gates. But like a good trooper, she put on a brave face, looking longingly at the cafe' machine before she followed behind Carrie.

"Don't be a twit Mike. I just wanted you to know, you should have asked. Carrie didn't put in the initial recommendation fro you as MO on the Dread, I did." She stood there with the most evil grin on her face. "Just so you know it was because I couldn't think of a better surgeon to back us up when things go wrong. Besides, we never did finish that poker game three and half years ago." She gave Ruby a disapproving eye as the younger woman almost ran out.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »

<< CMO's office >>

Carrie looked at her head nurse as she sat down opposite the desk, “When do you have someone to relieve you Kim? You look dead on your feet…”
She’d had a glimpse of the patient list on the white board when passing it in the corridor and from the looks of it, they’d had a busy night and morning, she just didn’t know on what extent only having been in for a short period this morning before being called to the briefing room.
And yeah, well, that had been spent arguing with a certain bull headed XO of hers…
Anne had literally thought she was crazy when asking for Mike in that position, and even though skilled as a physician, he sure was a handful from time to time but up until today it had still been manageable…

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 02:24:30 AM »

<< Waiting area >>

Looking at Ruby's retreating back, Mike glared and mumbled, “Oh great. This day is just getting better and better.” He really liked working with that woman, but to have her as his boss handyman, well depending on who that was, this trip could turn out to be very interesting… or short. Maybe the brig on the Dread was more comfortable than the one on the Daedalus…

Mike looked back at Elle, "Well thanks a lot!!" he growled, "You know as well as I do that Carrie could have stopped the transfer if she really wanted to. She didn’t have to approve the…” He made a quotation mark in the air, “‘recommendation’. She could have stopped it there and then, but she didn’t. When the Iron Lady sent me off to the Afghanistan, I knew what I’d done and I could deal with that – this time I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. Because yes, no matter what you say, that’s the way I see it – I’m once again being sent away against my will to some remote place I didn’t want to go to!”
He bowed his head and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down and stop the flooding of words, then looked back up at Elle, "You know I want to help you guys out wherever I can," Mike sighed, "but somehow I was stupid enough to think that this was... sort of home and that she was satisfied with having me around here."

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 04:58:31 AM »

Once Ruby had responded Janet moves as quickly as she can off to the bathroom to take care of business.  Then washing her hands at the sink she uses an elbow to rub her pregnant belly feeling another kick wincing a little as she finishes and grabs a couple paper towels and drying her hands before feeling a gushing and thinking Oh boy this is not good Carrie is going to kill me  She quickly uses the paper towels to turn the water off and tosses the towels grabbing her book and trying to walk back to the med bay having to stop every so often biting her bottom lip to keep from screaming and scaring any of the people who may be on the floor.  She finally reaches the entrance to the med bay and looks around to see if hopefully Mike is still in the room or Elle.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:04:55 AM by Colorado_Cowgirl »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2013, 11:33:38 PM »

"No idea Carrie. Doctor Coswell was here until about an hour ago, he was up longer than I. Late yesterday afternoon one of our big supply trucks lost a wheel and collided with a staff car." Kim shrugged, sat in a chair and took a deep sigh. "Sergeant and one Marine Major, broken bones mostly, but the young guy... Kyle Bennett, he has some serious abdominal injuries. Harry said we should prep them for evaq to Colorado Springs General, I tend to agree with him, but its your call."

Elle summed Mike up with a long look, at his face, his hands and that wonderful crop on unruly hair; which she was so tempted to ruffle for him and then smiled. She placed both hands on his shoulders and brought her head close. "Mike.. you are the bravest and most honorable guy I've ever known. You have never let me down and you know something, I wouldn't have any other person as near to me as you when the chips are down." Taking a quick look around and saw no one looking, she gave him a quick peck on his forehead. "It's Air Force buddy, we do what we're told to do. I can't change that and neither can you. The best we can do is keep our fingers crossed and our hopes high." She pushed back from him only a little. "You good to go?" As she spoke a noise behind her caught her attention; it was Janet.

"Oh Jesus....I've seen that before..M...Mike...Janet is going into Labor!"
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43:40 AM »

<< Waiting area >>

Mike accepted the kiss and felt a welcoming warmth spreading throughout in his body, but made no move to return it, “You know Commander, this is rendered as sexual harassment…” then grinned and added in a hopeful tone “Maybe we can sneak off so that you can harass me some more?” His shoulders then slumped and he shook his head, “Never mind. Let's get out of here, I guess I’m as ready as I’ll ever b…” the rest was cut short by the arrival of Dr Frasier.
“Oh crap!”

He quickly covered the distance across the waiting area and took a light hold of Frasier’s elbow in an attempt to steady and support her. “Whoa, easy there Doc. Let me help you.”
Mike turned towards Elle, suddenly all business and very focused, “Get me that wheel chair over there and then go and tell Carrie I'm probably going to need her in the Med bay in a few minutes, ok?” he made a motion with his chin further inside the domains of the Infirmary “Her office is down the hall and to the right,” before focusing back on his former boss with a small, but never the less warm grin.
“Let’s try and get you a bit more comfortable in the Med bay, shall we? How many weeks are you now?”
He had no ideas, but from the looks of her size, it must be pretty far.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:46:06 AM by Northern girl »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 03:03:29 AM »

<< CMO office >>

Carrie sucked in a deep breath, “That bad, uh?” She leaned forward, pulled up the patients list on the computer and went silent for a few minutes as she scrolled through the latest entries of their guests before nodding.
“Sounds like a good idea to move him. We might have the recourses now to care for him, but one never knows when all hell breaks lose down here.”
She pulled over a post it pad and made a few notes, “I’ll call Springs and make the necessary paper work for his transfer as soon as I can,” then tore the paper off the pad and stuck it to the side of screen of her lap top.

“Ok, report from the briefing.” Carrie once again leaned back in her chair, “One team of four is missing; that’s SG7, so Davidson sent out a search party of two teams, SG’s 8 and 12. A total of twelve people there and to top it off, he sent SG9 out too, another four man team lead by Hughes, to Asculae Tena.” She let the information sink in for a few seconds before moving on, having a feeling that Kim as well as she understood the implications of what that last team were up to.
“My take on this is that teams 7, 8 and 12 are heading in to some sort of combat due to their set up and nature of their mission.” She wasn’t entirely sure since Sean hadn’t specified it, but experience and what kind of skills the teams had, made her at least draw some conclusions. “Meaning they can gate back here any minute and in any condition. So, we need to have a major make over of the roster down here as well as the medical teams on stand by in the gate room”

Carrie gave the nurse an apologetic look, “I’m sorry. It looks like it’s going to be another one of those days… Maybe you should try and get a bit of sleep while you can? Running yourself ragged won’t do any of us any good…”

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 05:36:55 AM »

"Elle leave Carrie alone for now let she and Kim finish talking we have time." Janet responds nodding at Mike as he comes and gets a hold of her elbow she looks toward her bag she had earlier responding "Mike I need my bag please before the next one hits.  To answer your question I'm 7 and a half months along near as Doctor MacGregor and I figured out so that is about 28 weeks."  Janet stands there waiting for a chair at this she doesn't care if it's the wheelchair or the rolling chair she had been sitting on earlier.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 06:36:48 AM »

Mike blinked, “28 weeks!? Oh crap…” He swore under his breath, ‘Way too soon to get out. Way too soon,’ then took a deep breath and nodded, “Ok, let’s have a look at you then and see how the little one’s doing.”
He reached for the bag and as Elle came over with the wheel chair, he helped Janet sit down.

Without any further delay, he quickly pushed her in to the Med bay, halted by the nearest bed, locked the wheels and got around offered a hand to help her up and over to the bed. "When ever you're ready."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 09:52:47 PM »

"Haras... never mind. I'll get a chair." Elle told him, she hated being in a fluster and being around the arrival of children, babies was about as flustery as you can get. There was a wheelchair nearby and Elle grabbed it, wheeling it over to Janet as quickly as she could. "No I'm sorry Doctor Fraiser, Mike will need all the help he can get; we're not even supposed to be here." She helped Mike lift her into the chair and scooted off to Carrie's office. Knocking on the door she didn't hesitate.

"Carrie, Kim. Janet is going into labor...now!"

Kim had her mouth open to speak, when Elle came in like a fury. "Say what? No...oh my god. Carrie, she'll be premature, can you handle this? Elle, is Mike with her?"

"Yep." Elle replied and was off again.

"Damn, you can count on kids to spoil a good day can't you." Kim said. "Carrie, the closest I've come to childbirth is a litter of kittens. Just tell me what I have to do."
Far Dareis Mai

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

Janet takes her bag from Mike once he has gotten it and once Elle brought the wheelchair over Janet sits down and rummages in her bag for the squeeze weights she had gotten for when she went into labor as she wanted to keep from having to depend on anyone when the contractions got really painful especially seeing as she hadn't even figured out who she wanted as her birth coach as she hadn't counted on the babies coming now.

Once Mike had wheeled her over to the nearest bed in the med bay she quickly put everything on the portable table by the bed before taking Mike's hands so he could help her out of the chair and onto the bed where she lies back quickly shoving the pillow from the head of the bed and stuffing it behind her at the small of her back while working on getting her shirt up enough for Mike to have clothing free access to her very pregnant belly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57