Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 26773 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #810 on: May 07, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »

Gathering the same items as she used earlier on Jon, new ones of course, Kim set them on another trolley before she started for the examination room. "I'll do your personal locator first if you don't mind sir." She called to him as the wheels made little squealy noises in his direction. Kim stopped just shy of the door. "Whenever you're ready Admiral."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #811 on: May 09, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »

"No sense in dragging this out any more than it has to be. Plus, today seems to be as hectic a day as any to be moving in." Ian commented dryly. He stood in his undershirt and boxers, "I apologize, I didn't catch your name on the way in."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #812 on: May 09, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »

<Examination Room>

"The man is fit, I don't need my degree in Nursing to see that." Kim's voice in her head commented on the Admiral's obvious fitness, she thought whatever he was doing he was certainly doing it right. Maybe he could give Jack a few pointers, perhaps coming another man near his own age might do the trick, he wasn't listening to either Sam nor Kim about his weight. "No sir, and I should say if no one else has, welcome to the SGC. Sutton, Major Kimberly Sutton, Admiral. You'll see my file soon enough I guess, as apart from Walter Harriman, I've been here almost longer than anyone else as both he and I were here when this whole place was still a missile silo." Part of her bed side manner, rambling in her slow Kentucky drawl.

After that the rest was easy, very straight forward especially so when you could do it with your eyes closed. The personal locator went in first without fuss, then she did the vaccinations with the same professional manner expected of her. Once done, she peeled off 2 tylenol handing it over to the Admiral. "Just in case sir, some um, older members of the SGC complain of headaches after getting their locator done." God even Daniel Jackson did way back then.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #813 on: May 13, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »

"A pleasure, Major. Vice Admiral Ian Mc...McRaven." He stumbled over his words as he hissed slightly from the injection. "Yeah, for me, this place was just where all the bad news from either the Soviet Union or China was supposed to come from. I got brought into the loop a few years ago, had to show them how to do a few things. As much as I respect Air Force and Marine SOC, the SEALs have the game down pat, short of the Green Berets or SAS." Ian explained. For whatever reason, the Program had an alarming habit of believing that a pilot's wings meant they were capable of Special Forces operations. While some had pulled that off, the memorial wall had evidence that wasn't the best practice. And even if this meant that the plan Ian and Jack were assembling was going to have to go to someone else, Ian still had plans for improving things for the new generation of SG Team personnel.

"Thank you, but I might need those more for other reasons." Ian accepted the Tylenol, "Given that you've been here a while, and feel free to speak candidly, but I've noticed a few bad habits in the hours I've been here. Who has really been calling the shots here at the SGC lately? I get the impression the Air Vice Marshal was very hands-off, or else she was lax about any sort of discipline around here." He paused for a moment.

"I ask because while I never met General Hammond, I know of his reputation, and the way General O'Neill speaks of him is past a level of highly. But I know both O'Neill and Landry, and while both of them might seem to be very casual, they also know where discipline and protocol matter. And I know General Hammond was very keen to uphold a high standard of operational integrity and professionalism." Ian asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #814 on: May 14, 2018, 12:01:18 AM »

<Examination Room>

Kim was going to enjoy working with the man, he thought much along the same lines as she, which wasn't the most unusual thing since the Major had been through just about every hoop in the service they had going for jumping through. "Discipline is generally tight Admiral....oh, you can get dressed now." She went to the nearby table grabbing her every ready Tablet, using her long finger to tick off the tasks completed for her shift so far. "There has been though a lapse in that over the last six months with the changes of command, in that I don't think that entirely the fault of either the senior staff or AVM Fraser. From what I witnessed on a daily basis it was purely no one really getting the opportunity to do what they had to do when it was required, there were far too many gaps in the chain of command at any one time, too many conflicts hitting us at one time sir, with the end result being what you found when you arrived. A degree of chaos." She put that down to the last commander having to find her way in a very short time and the support staff that should have been there far too preoccupied with other responsibilities thrust on them because of those conflicts.

Getting to the crux of his question was the easy part. "The SGC though has always had the capacity to run itself Admiral, with our previous Commanders Generals Hammond, O'Neill and Landry ensuring orders were carried out generally through direct communication or via Master Chief Harriman, and more lately Lieutenant Brownwell. We're still a very professional unit sir as you can see around my neck of the woods; that it appears to have wavered some could only be attributed to the demands coming from the intensity of engagements we've had over the last six months." Kim leaned back on the desk for a moment, thinking through everything she had said, checking herself off at every point. She hadn't missed anything. "I think sir having someone here now who understands that pressure can only be a good thing for all concerned. You have one of the best teams you could ask for around you, while there are a few goof offs with some of the front line units, they will all do what you ask of them without question."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #815 on: May 18, 2018, 12:04:19 AM »

*Radio*

"Major Sutton this is Cheryl Brownwell, could you please inform the Admiral that Colonel Davidson is on her way to his office with some important information."

While she was waiting a call came through on her radio. Kim listened, replied simply by pressing the send button twice to signify on the other end she was busy but had received the call. "Admiral, Colonel Davidson is on her way to your office with some important data. That was the radio call I got just now." Already she was feeling like more coffee.

@Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:01:46 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #816 on: May 18, 2018, 12:22:36 AM »

While listening, Ian pulled his uniform on with practiced ease that still ensured it was just as correct and straight as when he put it on this morning.

"Yeah, I'm aware that wartime makes for strange circumstances. I just have a problem with when discipline falls by the wayside and uses that excuse. I butted heads with a lot of people in Team Six back in the 80s over that." Ian commented as he finished putting on his tie and pulled on his service jacket.

"Alright, then, Major, I seem to have used up all the free time I have. Thank you for your time." Ian said with a nod and then made his way out and back to his office.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #817 on: May 18, 2018, 03:10:07 AM »

<Examination Room to Nurses Station>>

She didn't have the heart to tell him that for the last six months effectively the base has been running with a twenty three year old Second Lieutenant at the helm on most days, if not her Walter Harriman. As the last two commanders were too often absorbed in dealing with external matters and until Sarah came along they never really had an XO on a permanent basis. She knew it'd work out for the better in the end now that he was with them. "You're welcome Admiral and please, don't hesitate to pop in for a chin wag any time you feel like it." She watched him leave as she took her feet towards the Nurses station. There was a coffee stain on the desk. One of the Nurses was about to feel Kim's lash.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #818 on: June 14, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »

<<from commander's office>>

Sarah made short work of getting down to the medical unit.  She nodded hello to a few of the nurses and occupants.  "Major Sutton?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #819 on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:02 PM »

More paperwork and yet more. You'd think in this enlightened age they might have dispensed with all of that by now. Kim sighed in mild frustration as another order was signed off then placed in her out tray. A shuffle of feet told her she had a visitor, hopefully not an injury, she needed a break for a little while at least. Thankfully it was Sarah and that was a relief. "Colonel yes, we've met remember? I did your last ultrasound. By the way how are you feeling?"

@sorra
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #820 on: June 16, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »

Sarah chuckled a bit.   " Sorry Kim just left the Admiral," she smiled.  "And not doing too bad,  a bit nauseous from time to time. " Sarah covered a yawn before straightening.  "The Admiral said to let you know about a 16 year-old boy that is coming in,  apparently he has Motor Neurone Disease."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #821 on: June 18, 2018, 01:31:36 AM »

<Nurse's Station>

"MND?" Kim's mind was curious, why would a young boy with that sad malady be in the SGC? Was he a child of one of the personnel or the IOA perhaps? She spoke her thoughts after addressing Sarah's condition. "Somehow as obnoxious as it appears to be Sarah, we do in a way get used to it. When I had Sophie, I thought it would never end, it did rather abruptly I might add. For me I was still feeling that morning sickness until almost half way through my second trimester; then one day it simply stopped. For some girls its longer, for others shorter, lets hope Chimri can help make it much more pleasant for you." That was the expected hope, at least from what Athena told Kim.

Stacking her paperwork neatly Kim came from behind the desk to put an arm around Sarah's shoulder. "Now what's this about the boy? Why is he here?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #822 on: June 18, 2018, 10:09:01 AM »

<nurse's station>

Sarah groaned.  "You mean it could last longer?" She asked, unconsciously touching a hand to her stomach.  "Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant, just makes it a bit hard and I  miss having Sean near by. " darn she was sounding like a wimpy woman which she wasn't.  She took a breath.  "Yeah I am hoping she helps too." Chimri had been very quiet.

She gave her friend a grateful smile for the hug.  "I don't know much.  Apparently NID is bringing him and a reporter from the Colorado Sun in.  They have some sensitive information.   We don't know anything else yet, but we'll want to keep a close eye on him."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #823 on: June 18, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »

<Nurse's Station>

"It could, but you know in the end it will seem worth it when that child arrives. Everything will seem worth it on that day." She tried to be as reassuring as possible, Kim knew exactly what it was like. "You can cheat though, not many can. I know from what I was told that normally the symbiote will go into a state of hiatus during your pregnancy, but according to what Athena said to me recently you can 'ask' the symbiote to take some of that away for you from time to time." Now she had a problem of her own. "So where is the boy now?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #824 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »

<nurse's station>

Sarah's eyes widened as she listened.   "Huh, I didn't know that." She chewed on her bottom lip.  "I will keep that in mind in case I ever need it,  I'm going to try to shoulder through like any other woman, " she said, hoping she could.

Sarah shook her head.   "He should be here any moment.  The NID was bringing him down."
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56