Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 22 Base Cafe and kitchens- Isolation Room  (Read 5397 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
Re: Stargate Command- Level 22 Base Cafe and kitchens- Isolation Room
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »

>> From the Infirmary >>

< Main area of the Mes hall >

Carrie slowly made her way through the Mess hall, balancing a tray with coffee, a cheese and hand sandwich and a cup of fruit salad in one hand while supporting it with her lap top in her other.
‘Yeah, yeah, yeah…living dangerously. As long as the IT department guys don’t catch me I’m good…’ she thought as she carefully placed first the computer and then the tray on one of the tables in the back of the room.
She sighed and slumped down on one of the chairs, opened the lid of her lap top and as it booted up from its resting mode, Carrie started to unwrap the sandwich and took a bite, careful not to let any crumbs slip in to the key board. Now that, would be hard to find an excuse for if all of a sudden the “H”-key started to act up and she wanted some help for it.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »

<<From OR and Scrubs>>

There had to be something about uniformed whites and the shiny brass epaulettes on her shoulders that seemed to be a cause for alarm as Anne walked the hallways of the SGC. It wasn't as if no one knew who she was, or that fact that at some point she had either sat at their bedside, or needled them in the past. To a man and woman on the base, everyone knew she wasn't one for stiff protocol and Anne had to restrain herself from turning around and going to her suite to change back into a less formal attire. She didn't have time for that and her continual sighing, added to the constant and completely uneccessary saluting started to wear her down; she would need a very large dose of coffee by the time she reached the base cafe.

As she walked in through the door, her eyes fell on her CMO and that was something of a relief. Carrie Svensson was one of the few Anne could rely on, to forgo formality, which was more than refreshing. Grabbing a coffee with a small sweet bun, she walked to Carrie's table, pulled out the chair and sat down; letting out one final sigh as she did so. "You look about as happy as a cat in a dog pen Carrie. Anything you want to talk about?" Anne said with her usual straight to the point manner.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »

Carrie leaned back in her chair and gave the Commodore a nod and a small smile, “It’s not that bad Anne, I promise. I’m only trying to reschedule an ophthalmology appointment for Bonnie Heckman, which isn’t the easiest thing with all the red tape.”
She put her elbows on the table, let her chin rest on her hands and looked across the table on Anne, “Looks like she’s got a bit of an eye problem, nothing serious, but she’s a bit concerned about it. I doubt it’ll be a big issue, but we want to play it safe. On a good note though- ”
Carrie grinned before continuing, “Bonnie returned from her first official off world mission a few hours ago. All limbs attached and no bonus bugs. Looks like her field test went according to plan.”

She reached for her now lukewarm coffee as she gave the Commadore a top to toe look, “But what’s with the fancy dressing? I thought the president had left the building by now?” taking a sip as she waited for a reply.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »

"Somewhat a relief at least. I don't think I could cope with any more startling revelations at this hour of the night Carrie." Anne had at least a little good news of her own, although she doubted Carrie would appreciate the news she had to tell of about next.

"Bonnie may have a little more grief coming her way. It's a part of the reason for the dress show, a display of authority." She sighed, placing her hands on the table. "We've got some IOA fellow nosing around, asking questions; he had Kim for quite some time, even though he should have been addressing either you or myself. Apparently he is with Sean now and I suspect Bonnie and a few other 'irregularities' might show up. We may well have to archive Colonel Hasluck's file and put Coopers operation on hold until this blows over." Did she say archive, more likely bury would be a better term.

Anne watched her companion closely, she might not have looked exactly tired, that was to be expected given the intensity and adrenalin that the Medical staff worked under, so she let the cat out of the bag as much as she dared to. "My daughter is alive somehow. I won't know for sure until I see her; my son in law is bringing her in and if this is so, it's going to complicate matters even more so for you and me, not withstanding Sean as well." That was about as much as she could say and following Carrie's lead, she sipped her own coffee, sans sugar and the bitterness of the brew made her face pale, yet she needed it. "Oh, finally, you have a young lass in Post Op. We removed her appendix about twenty seconds before it would have ruptured. Biggest damned thing I've seen in a while." She held up her thumb to demonstrate the diameter.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 02:18:21 PM »

Carrie looked across the table on her boss, “We knew it probably would come out sooner or later, but let’s see how good Sean can be at damage control before we do anything we’re doing anything rash… and try and prepare Bonnie for what might be coming her way…” then pulled in a deep sigh, “…and we’ll just have to deal whatever the IOA decides to do when that time comes.”

She stared at Anne for a second at the revelation, “Wow! That’s just…” then got up, leaned across the table and gave her a hug as best she could, not caring about the lap top that stood in her way and toppled over from the abuse of its owner. “I’m so glad for you. All of you.”
Carrie released the hug and sat back, grinning widely, “That’s really great news Anne! When did you learn about this? Does Robert know this yet?”
The appendix totally forgotten at the moment…

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 04:19:59 PM »

"He'd better bring his best game plan, I've dealt with these turkeys before more than once." Anne almost spat her coffee out. "Damn me that's bitter, are they buying this stuff from Walmart?" Of course she could have used sugar, but that wasn't the point, it was typical government supplied coffee; only Sean had the top of the tree on that score. "Bronwyn will cope, she's a good kid from what I know of her, although a little too loud for my tastes, but then I could say the same about my own daughter couldn't I? Perhaps if we can time this right, we can have her at the Academy ophthalmologist rather than bring them here; when and if the IOA suit comes through our little abode again." It would be better if the man didn't even know, yet that was wishful thinking on Anne's part.

Then there was Cate, the good news so far in Anne's week. "It was Robert who told me, it seems he learned of it when he was off world. The how of it is a little more complicated." That it came from Will, might have Carrie thinking Anne had lost the plot somewhere along the way. She kept that part to herself. 

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »

“You’re sneaky Anne, but I like the idea,” Carrie grinned and nodded, “It might be a good point about getting her off base. I’ll email professor Mancini as soon as I get up to the infirmary and have him schedule an appointment for her at his clinic. That way we’ll have it covered no matter what Sean decides.”

She finished off her coffee with a smile, “I’m sure we’ll learn all about the ‘how’s’ and ‘why’s’... eventually.” then put the empty mug on the table in front of her, took a deep breath, folded her arms on the table and looked intently on Anne, “Just promise me one thing, ok? Send Cate my way once you’ve seen her, because even if you’re technically my boss, and outranks me by I don’t know how many pay grades - I don't want you to be the one doing her physical, alright?”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 05:27:51 PM »

"Years of intensive training dear, you'll be a mirror image of me once you reach my grand old years." Anne told her companion, with a wry grin. "Any other clutter we need to take care of, we should do so. Not that I can think of any right now, but I'm sure Kimberly knows more than the both of us put together. Speaking of that southern belle, have you seen her in the last little while?" If anyone in the Medical division had their finger on all pulses, it was Kim, not that Ruby wasn't well versed in what was needed to be done, she could be a little flighty at times; a good lass just the same.

"I believe that would be considered a 'conflict of interests' they wouldn't allow me anyway, so you'll have her. She would be needing a psychological examination as well, so one of the egg heads from the Academy may have to be called in." Anne checked herself for a moment. "You don't know Catherine as yet but if this is true, you will. She'll tell both of us, 'don't ask'."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 12:39:48 AM »

The cafe door opened slowly with a slight squeal, Kim walked in, as usual, glasses on the end of her nose, papers in hand and not even looking where she was going. The next thing there was a loud clatter and a thump as she bumped into a table of trays, tripped on a chair leg and went down in a heap, papers flying everywhere and her golden mane all askew over her face.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »

Carrie nodded about the psych eval since it was pretty much standard procedure after something like this, “I’ll see what can do about getting one of the more decent ones to see her.” She frowned and rubbed her cheek a little as she thought out loud, “I wonder if Murdock is around. He’s good… Fast… No fussing around…”

A loud noise from the other side of the room interrupted her train of thoughts and Carrie was up from her chair at an instant, “Looks like Kim found us,” and hurried over to crouch by her head nurse, “Hey Kim. You ok? What happened?”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »

"He is one of the best, see what you can do Carrie and let's hope his schedule is not too full." Trying to think ahead at times could give you a headache as big as Texas and that was the very thing Anne didn't need right now. With the IOA nosing around, teams on stand by, action apparently going down at the Alpha site and Cate's return; it was more than enough to deal with at the present. She was about to make some assessments of the Medical divisions current staff status, when a loud crash spun her around; Carrie was already at the scene of the distubance and Anne wasn't too far behind her.

"By the looks of the evidence, I would say our girl wasn't looking where she was going." She was about to help Kimberly up, then she saw the papers, the IOA file was sitting on the edge of the table where it had landed in flight from the CNO's hand. Anne scanned it quickly. "Bloody hell, who in God's name do they think they are?" She picked up Kim's glasses and put them back where they belonged. "Let's get you up lass." She said, placing one hand under Kim's.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 11:03:51 PM »

With a perfectly embarrassed red face, Kim accepted the older woman's aid, grabbing the offending table on one corner as she steadied herself and stood. "Stupidity is what happened Carrie." She replied, dusting her shirt and pants down a little. "And I don't think I have anything more than a bruised sense of pride, or ego or both. Damn straight, I really should look where I'm going a little more often." She placed a hand on Anne's arm.

"Thank you ma'am. I guess I am the bearer of bad news then. Those Washington types think they know better than we do. Mind if I sit, it'll be way easier for me to brief you both." Kim looked at both Carrie and Anne, effectively both of them we her boss in one way or another.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 12:31:45 AM »

Carrie gave the nurse a top to toe look, nodded and then motioned towards the table Anne and she had used earlier on.
“Sure, let’s sit down over there.”
Helping straighten up the furniture, she then led the way further in to the mess hall and sat down, looking expectantly at Kim, “Ok. Shoot.”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »

"This is going to be interesting." Anne murmured as she followed the other two, plonking herself back in a chair with a huff. She'd picked up a sheave of Kim's papers and began laying them out on the table. "I could suggest a few subjects to shoot Carrie, but yes, Kim start from the top please." There was one thing Anne had learned in her long career, the rumor mill was the best source of information and the best place to find out just about everything was the base chaplain. Francis would have her ear on everyone, she would have to be called up soon.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »

She started by lacing her fingers together, a position Kim would always be seen doing on those rare times of seriousness she found herself in. "Well, I guess as you both already know, we have an IOA guy nosing around. At first he came at me all threatening and such, making demands to see personnel files and so on." She took a moments pause. "So, I read him the riot act and told him the Federal Laws pertaining to our work and the medical division. So he took another tack, accused me of dereliction of duty because the IOA had found out drugs were missing."

((OOC need to spin it out a little :P ))
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

lethal-pageant