Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 19797 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:47 PM »

Level 27 is for the most part an extension of Level 28, with the exception of two key areas. The SGC's main briefing room is located on this level, with a large retractable window overlooking the gate room. Here, SGC personnel meet, frequently with the Base Commander, to discuss mission specifics, take part in mission debriefings, or meet with important delegations.

The briefing room contains a large table with seating for up to ten people and an audio/visual unit to display data. A security monitoring system records all events that take place here and a stairwell leads down to the Stargate monitoring room.

The Base Commander's office is attached to the briefing room and a transparent window from the Commander's office opens into the briefing room along with a separate entrance from either the briefing room or neighbouring hallway. The Commander's office has access to all key SGC systems, as well as a phone to the Joint Chiefs (based at the Pentagon) and a special hotline directly to the office of the President.

Just outside the Commander's office is the office of his aide and direct elevator access.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:51:40 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook

You could here Teal'c's deep voice in the background. "Previously on Stargate SG1"

Within the temple grounds a savage fight went on between the Tauri women and the Hozgura Warlord. Both were cut in so many places, it was inevitable they would die soon enough from their wounds unless one of the reached the Weapon of Eternity.  With all her remaining strength, Cate took one last lunge in a slashing movement. To her surprise Razgul merely stepped backwards, but tripped. That was her moment; she raced for the weapon and activated the four blue panels in a sequence told to her in a dream, which seemed long ago.  The world turned; a great blue white beam shot up from the device; Cate disappeared in a vapor, as did Razgul only his was an inky black. The Hozgura forces finally collapsed and the strangest thing happened, the snow and ice disappeared, to be replaced with lush forests and fields of flowers.

That was the end. The Allies went their own way once again. Some would be enemies again, some would stay allies. Back on Earth now, the Stargate Command counted the butchers bill. More than half their SG teams were gone. The Odyssey, Saggitta and Deadalus, backed up by three of their new small cruisers won the day in the battles above the planet, along with allied ships. But they too, did not escape unharmed.  Every surviving member of the SGC that went to that last fight, was mentioned for bravery. Outstanding names would be remembered, there were simply so many of them. Yet the perplexing thing remained, what happened to Cate? Officially she was listed as MIA, as both her mother and husband, refused to believe she was dead.

Six months later, July 30th 2011; Admiral Sean Davidson was reorganizing the SG teams. He had a heavy workload and wasn’t in a mood to argue as the newly promoted Captain Robert Hughes asked once again if he could return to the planet and search for clues. Commander Elle McFearson stood behind the young Captain, he had asked her to go to bat for him at some point if the Admiral still refused to let a team go back to the planet. It had been six months and not a single team had returned. Elle was now CAG of the Dreadnought under Sam Carter, and she should be getting back soon; but she did promise Anne MacGregor she would do what she could.

"Sir if I may. It makes sense, we have no idea what happened to Flight Lieutenant Hughes, at least to give the poor boy closure we should give the place the once over." She said respectfully.

Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.

Major Fred Rivers
1st Lt Charlotte Summers
SSgt Gary Carter.

The three British soldiers walked in to the Briefing room. Fred and Gary wearing DPM trousers, white T-shirts, boots, the British army SGC polo shirt and leg holsters, Freds with his P-14 and Gary with his P226, an Charlotte walking behind them in full DPM BDU's
"Charlotte, im not having this convocation again, Im not asking the Admiral to put you on my team. I had enough trouble organising My team six months ago when  got SG-twelve."
"And theres no guarantee he's getting SG-twelve again." said Gary. Fred looked at him.
"I better, I hear the Colonel got T-shirts made." he said sarcasticly. he then looked at Gary and pointed down the stairs before any of them had looked in to the Commanders Office. "Now, Gary, Go to the armoury and convince the Armourer not to get our kit confused with the rest of the SGC, I don't want so yankee yob-o getting his hands on my C-eight thinking its his M4." he said as Garywalked off down the stairs. Fred then looked at Charlotte.
"Go on, you want to talk to the Admrial." She looked at him and asked quietly.
"You'll be there right?" she asked. Fred nodded.
"Sure, but he probably wont like your died ginger hair. But sod it." he smiled at her as he patted her shoulder as they walked in to the hall way out side the office. Seeing Commander Elle McFearson in the door way.
"Oh"
"Oh"
They both said at the same time as they stood outside and waited for them to finish. Fred didn't push Charlotte because she knew she was shy.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook

<Briefing Room>

Three women walked into the briefing room together; they were so close to one another you would have thought they were sharing secrets or at least sharing a laugh about someone. The latter applied in this case. "He's goot a nice butt doncha thenk?" Ruby said grinning with her broad highland accent coming through clearly. They were talking about the new commander. Ruby hadn't seen him until today; having only just returned from leave. Her injuries had healed nicely and she held a special letter in her hand that had been read a thousand times.

"He does, but I think he has the hots for someone already Ruby girl." Kim told her and then turned to Maria. "When ya'll shippin out Ria?"

"Nice butt? Is that all you two ever think about? There are other assets to a guy ya know." She smiled wickedly and they all laughed. "Straight after the ceremony. I don't know where Sam is taking us, sealed orders I guess. Speaking of Sam has anyone seen her lately?"

The other two shook their heads as one. There was another sigh from Ruby as she watched a young airman go by. Kim had to physically turn her head back.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!

< Briefing room >

2nd Lt Timothy “Tim” Foster

Carrie and Mike quietly sneaked in to the briefing room and stood by the door, shadowed by Lt Tim Foster.
The room was beginning to get a bit crowded and the sounds of the people inside of it started to reach a level where a normal conversation soon was about to become impossible.

Mike crossed his arms and leaned towards the wall and within seconds his eyes fell on the tall woman on the other side of the glass in the Commanders office; Elle. When had she’d gotten back to the base? But then again, him being cooped up in the infirmary patching up team members more or less 24/7 made it almost a hopeless task to keep track of her coming and goings. They where lucky if they met once a month nowadays
He felt a nudge on his arm and looked to his right where Tim stood.
“You still dating her?” he whispered
Mike made a small but very much an admitting nod.
Tim chuckled, “You’re an officer and a gentleman Doc; you need to make her an honorable woman.”
Mike rolled his eyes as he whispered back, “Don’t you start as well, got enough nagging from her,” with a nod he indicated Carrie on the other side of him. “We’re adults and we know what we’re doing, so just cut it out, ok?”
Tim held up his hands in defensive gesture, “Oh, touchy are we? Sorry!”

Carrie frowned as she heard most of the conversation between the two men beside her. She’d only known Mike for a few hours before that disastrous attack on the Daedalus half a year back, but it had taken its toll on him. More than he probably knew… or wanted to admit to his boss. You didn’t need to be a shrink to see it; a surgeon could sometimes be just as perceptive.
Absentmindedly, she rubbed the end of the 10 centimeters long scar that now ran from the hairline of the forehead and diagonally back towards her left ear. Coops had been right; those days on board the cruiser had really been a trail by fire. She sighed, the face of her husband Jon when she’d met him in the infirmary of the SGC when things had finally calmed down to a controlled chaos after their return was a moment she never wanted to experience again. The guilt and the sadness and… Oh man, he was a mess too...

She took a deep breath and returned to the present to look at Mike and Tim, “Now behave, both of you,” then added in a less harsh tone, “I don’t want it to look like I can’t control my underlings in front of our CO, ok?”
Mike sighed and Tim grinned and gave her a mock salute in return.
“What the heck am I going to do with you guys?” she mumbled, hoping that none of the other department heads heard her.

Tim straightened up and focused up front where he knew the CO would come out sooner or later.
‘Attached to the medical team of the SGC until further notice’ was his latest order and from previous experience he really appreciated the relative calm this meant… For as long as it lasted and no SG-team came back with yet another virus or fiercely attached alien to some body part.  Yep, enjoy the peace, quiet and dry socks for as long as you can.
Now it they only could find out what they'd all been called up here for? The call had been all to brief.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:04:09 PM by Northern girl »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.

Col George Sanderson
Mjr Fred Rivers
1st Lt Charlotte Summers

Fred stood there looking at the others in the briefing room. Charlotte looked at him for a second.
"Major, Why dont you want me on your team?" she asked Fred looked at her.
"Because, Umm." he shrugged. "I mean, I." he shrugged again. "I don't damn well know." he said a bit loud, noticing the others in the room had heard him. "Sorry." he said smiling a little as he looked down. He quietened down a little. "I feel like I'll have to watch out for you, I cant do my job and watch you and that Spaz monkey Gary." Fred looked up when he heard footsteps and saw Colonel Sanderson come up, again dressed like him and Gary, with a Glock 17. He realised they all carried weapons apart from Charlotte. he gave the colonel a casual salute. "Sir, what are you doing here?" he asked the colonel shrugged.
"Well, you know, asking about getting an office. You?" he asked crossing his arms. Fred shrugged and pointed at Charlotte

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GateGirl A new starter.

Two women, dressed in otherworldly attire, walked into the briefing room behind the three female SGC officers and chuckled as they overheard their conversation. They may be from different planets, or in one's case a different galaxy, but they knew all too well the attractions between male and female; they were still human afterall. They even found some of the males on this base attractive, but being female warriors, they were too tough to admit it.

"What do you think they'll do with us?" Larkin asked her friend. "We are not part of this world"and can do as they wish to us."

"You have nothing to worry about," Adia assured her. "The Tau'ri are wonderful people and will not harm you. I'm sure they will use us accordingly. We are both strong warriors and leaders and can contribute to any battle."

"My only wish is to get back to the Pegasus and help with that battle. I do not belong in this world."

"I'm sure they have good plans for you, my friend. Trust the Tau'ri as you have come to trust me."

Larkin only looked at her Jaffa friend, wanting to trust these people, something she struggled with all her life; then averted her gaze to the others in the room. She studied them closely and tried to pick out the ones who looked trustworthy enough.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:38:38 PM by RogueRanger »
~*~Jenn~*~

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.

<Commander's Office>

Sean was sitting at his desk, but he wasn't looking at Elle nor at Robert.  Both, he could only presume, were standing at parade rest with Elle just behind Robert.  The past six months found the head of the Stargate Program reorganizing the teams after tallying up the casualties.  Far too many, in his opinion.  Far, far too many.  It was bad enough that his boss - General O'Neill - wasn't too pleased with him, but to add fuel to the fire was the reaction from all three service secretaries.  What made matters worse was that the Secretary of Defense himself promised a top-to-bottom investigation into the actions that led up to that battle, and this time Sean couldn't rely on his rapport with the Secretary of the Navy to bail him out.

The politicians, on the other hand, thought differently.  The IOA felt that the losses were justified, based on all the reports they had received from the various team commanders, ships' captains, and all the way to Sean himself.  Many members of Congress felt that because of the heroic actions - and brave sacrifices -  that *all* of the personnel under Sean's command were to be commended.  Even the President himself concurred with this line of thought.  Sean didn't think it was necessary, as he distrusted politicians in general.  To him, politicians were only out to serve their own self-interests, and with the upcoming elections less than eighteen months away, it was only natural they would want to honor the men and women of the Stargate Program, if only to score points with the voters.

He genuinely hated being caught between a rock and a hard place, especially with little wiggle room to maneuver.  Supposedly, the President and a rather sizable entourage were on their way from Washington to Colorado Springs.  Several high-level officials within Congress were rumored to be in that group of visitors.  So were the three service secretaries and the Secretary of Defense.  Sean didn't know if Jack was also coming, but he knew one thing was for sure: There were bound to be many forced smiles between him, the four secretaries, and possibly Jack.  The secretaries' jobs would be on the line within the next two years if the President didn't get voted back into office, and Sean silently vowed to use that to his advantage.  If he didn't get canned first.

Some motion outside in the briefing room caught his attention, prompting him to look up.  Normally Sean didn't need to wear glasses, but the fine print on the myriad of documents on his desk was a bit hard to discern.  He saw two of the British personnel trying to make their way into his office, and he waved them on in.  Once Fred and Charlotte entered, a fifth person - a baby-faced lieutenant from the looks of him - apologized as he made his way into the admiral's office with a soft "Begging the admiral's pardon, but here are the latest batch of reports you requested, sir", and Sean simply nodded and replied with a "Thank you, lieutenant, that will be all."  It wasn't as if Sean was deliberately ignoring his subordinates, but he still had a *lot* of paperwork to go over.

The combination of eyes staring at him finally got to him, and he sighed as he took off his reading glasses.  Sean leaned back in his chair, squeezing his eyes shut and lightly pinched the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb.  He had already seen the reports regarding Cate's sacrifice, but that wasn't what was bothering him.  Cate was practically family.  She was like a niece to him, and now her husband was standing in his office.  He still wasn't sure what prompted Cate to take such a risk like that, let alone why.

Finally, he lowered his hand and looked up.  At Robert.  "Captain, remind me again why Flight Lieutenant Hughes felt it was necessary to sacrifice herself, even though her actions ultimately gave us the victory.  Mind you, I don't buy into this whole 'destiny' business.  But I'd like to hear your side of the story again before I make a final decision on your request."

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:47:51 PM by Kendrall »
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel

Col George Sanderson
Mjr Fred Rivers
1st Lt Charlotte Summers

The Colonel stood in the doorway as Charlotte stood at Parade rest behind the commander. Fred lent against the wall. it had always been the stance and position he had taken when he was in the room with General Hammond and Colonel O'Neill, then General O'Neill and Colonel Carter, then General Landry and Colonel Mitchell. as he did he lent over to Elle and whispered "What going on?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 02:42:04 AM »

<Briefing Room>

Kim and the other two watched Carrie come in with the 'boys'. Maria noticed Mike's glance and chuckled, elbowing both Kim and Ruby as she stood between them. Kim for one had some time back after the war, met with Carrie and she was one of the nurses who attended the Doctors wounds and that of the others who made it back. She felt sorry for Carrie and Mike as well, she knew that Coops was a good friend and to know that his injuries had him medically discharged was a blow to Carrie's team. Losing both legs was never a pretty thing. "I'm going to have a little fun. You two go over and see that Adia and Larkin are doing okay." With that she went the few steps over to Carrie.

Ruby tugged on Maria's arm and went over to the two, what she described as 'teh moost amazin womin' she has ever known. She had met them once or twice since she came back just a few hours ago. Maria knew Larkin from the Daedalus, so they were considered friends. "Hey there girls, glad you came." Maria said to them. "Settled in okay now I guess, I mean it must be hard but at least you have a home now."

"Yeah and a sharin Kim's apartment as well. I hope that soothern lass ain't takin ye doon the wrong path." Ruby chuckled.

By the time Kim reached Carrie, Mike and Tim. The last she winked wickedly at, she had her line already at hand. "Carrie, glad you came. Boys... them bananas in yer pockets or you just glad to see us?" Her smile was infectious.

When Fred asked Elle what was up, she simply put a finger to her lips and shook her head. Whispering, "You'll find out soon enough." But her gaze was over his shoulder at Mike.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »

2nd Lt Timothy “Tim” Foster

< Briefing room >

Mike shook his head and growled, “Just grow up will you Kim!” then set course for the coffee machine Davidson’s predecessor had installed in the briefing room. He didn’t have time for this, he had work to do. Mike shoved a mug in to the cup holder and then started to punch the buttons on the machine maybe a bit harder than necessary to get his double espresso, but who cared, not him anyway.

Carrie made an attempt to follow him, but Tim placed a hand on her arm and made a subtle shake of his head “Don’t do it Doc,” then looked at Kim, “His been like this all day but I don’t know why. Fortunately he hasn’t killed anyone yet.”
Tim gave the two women a hint of a smile and a shrug, “Guess that Hippocratic oath is all that’s holding him back though.”
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:15:20 PM by Northern girl »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »

Col George Sanderson <Commanders Office>
Mjr Fred Rivers <Briefing Room.>
1st Lt Charlotte Summers <Commanders Office.>

George and Fred shared a glance as Mike started pounding the coffee machine. George gave a little nod and Fred took a breath and walked out of the office and over to Mike. "Hey Mate." he said. "I get it, Better things to be doing. But." he shrugged. "Dont take it out on the Coffee machine ok?" he said. Fred knew it was a chain of command thing. George was the highest ranking person who wasnt the Admerial and Fred Was Georges second so when stuff had tp be dealt with he normaly ended up doing it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:49:50 AM by majorfred »

TiffLevi3

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »

Major Tiff O'Neill
Captain Roxy Evans

Tiff and Roxy both walked into the now crowded briefing room together. "Whoa, a lot of bodies in here" Tiff glanced around taking everybody in.

"Ya, this must be the largest briefing I've been too" Roxy said as she began tryna make her way through all the people to the coffee machine. "Coffee? Think we're gonna need it"

"Yeah ta, good idea... three sugars, no milk please. Actually make it four sugars" Tiff followed Roxy, she noticed Rivers next to the coffee maker. "Yo Fred, what's going on?" All she heard was she was to report to the briefing room as soon as... and here she was.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:13:25 PM by TiffLevi3 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »

Captain Robert Hughes

<<Commander's Office>>

As the newly minted captain stood in the position of formal rest, hands clasped behind his back, he used his thumb to rotate the ring Catherine had placed on his wedding finger six months ago. There had been a stubborn refusal to believe in her death, but as more and more time passed, he had begun to lose hope that his wife was alive. Perhaps it was selfish of him, but he needed to know for sure.

Elle stood close behind him, and he appreciated her support in this, as he made his case to the admiral. "I know Catherine," he told Sean. "I know what she would do – what she did do – to protect the people she cared about most. And what Catherine did, whether you or I believe in destiny or not, saved lives. Shouldn't we at least find out what became of her? Don't we owe her that much?"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:26:54 PM by Oranos »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

<Briefing Room>

"What's up with him?" Kim snorted. She kind of understood in a way, Lord knows she spent enough time around the Daedalus Medical team these last few months, but she hardly expected that sort of response. Kim shrugged her shoulders in her nonplussed way and simply smiled. She leaned closer to Carrie and Tim. "Maybe he'll perk up when the President arrives......oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say that!" She rolled her eyes as if to say, she wanted everyone to know.

<Admirals Office>

Elle looked at the walls, her feet, anything but the Admiral. Yet she couldn't keep her trap shut either. She looked up finally and said quietly. "He's right you know sir. I think we owe.." At that moment Walter walked in from the outer door,

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"Excuse me sir. The President and his party will be here in twenty five minutes. Everything is set up on level 17 sir." The little man told him. "Sir, I hope all these guys realise it will be dress blues sir."

((OOC *note* guys you should know better. Only NPC's use shades of red for their dialogue :P ))
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

lethal-pageant