Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit  (Read 33850 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 256
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Medical Unit
« Reply #840 on: October 04, 2018, 10:58:18 PM »

"Wise choice." Kim told her as she very quickly changed from a sub cut to an IM needle, filling it with the unique SGC broad spectrum vaccination. It would cover the patient from everything so far encountered by Stargate Command from the Hoffan virus to protection and immunity to the effects of Kassa corn, even being affected from Goa'uld chemical known as Nish'ta.

Kim pulled up the end of the gown to reveal Tilly's right thigh, it was well muscled enough, more than enough. "A little sting." She said after wiping with the alcohol swab, then the slightly larger needle went in easily; emptying the syringe took all of ten seconds with Kim withdrawing it gently then applying a standard circular band aid patch. "You'll experience some headaches over the next day or so, that is in fact normal for this type of vaccination. Just take a Tylenol, you'll be fine and we're all done. You can dress now." Kim moved away pushing the trolley in front of her to finalise the Sergeant's medical file. Given her job description that file would grow over time.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #841 on: October 10, 2018, 06:50:00 PM »

After being done and fully dressed, Tilly sighed and looked at the Colonel briefly. She spoke, "Ma'am. Colonel?" Thinking on her question for a bit, she realized she had lots of things to do but not really any direction of which to do first. Getting her attention, the sergeant replied, "Can I have a suggestion of where to go next? Since it's a big base and I've never been here before. Not even a tour. I still got my personal gear to put away. I do have a room, right?" It was all written down on her notes. Probably. However, upon arriving here, her plans might change a bit.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #842 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:27 PM »

Turning her head over her shoulder Kim really couldn't give a direct answer to the question until she thought of the last sentence Rose put to her. From where she stood, it was but a few steps to the computer where Kim typed in several key words. "You do sergeant. Room 15 on level 12, directly opposite Lieutenant Brownwell's. You'll need to see her or Walter to get your pass code as I don't have the authority to retrieve that for you. My best advice is to get settled in, then wait for someone to call you. Normally the first day here can be a little slow." Kim remembered her first day all too clearly so long ago when it was still a missile base; she did nothing for the entire day.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »

Satisfied with the response, Tilly nodded replying, "Thank you, ma'am. I guess I'll go and get settled in."

She turned and walked out of the medical room while grabbing her stuff. Making a turn, she headed toward the elevator to get to her room.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Justin

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #844 on: October 25, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »

Major Callaghan entered the sick bay. He was wearing a multicam uniform. When forming his new team -or Task Force as it was called- he decided on making a multinational and multi service team (Although he simply perused the files of those made available for him, and picked the best candidates). He wanted to make sure that everyone had a uniform appearance.

One of the disadvantages of getting a new assignment, Callaghan realised as he walked up to the nurses' station, was that he had to get another medical assessment. He didn't particularly like medical personnel. He didn't dislike them either though. He had much love for the Corpsmen attached to Marine units for example. The chief nurse at the SGC wasn't too bad either.

"Lieutenant," he said as he approached the station. "The Colonel in the usual place?" he then asked her. This wasn't the first, and would likely not be the last time he'd been here.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack
Lieutenant Commander Sam "Cowboy" Burgin, USN | WIP (off-site)
Captain James Porter | T2K Character RP

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #845 on: October 25, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »

Taylor looked up from her desk, she remembered the face from a while back but not the name. She never forgot faces. "Major, yes sir you'll find the Colonel in the new office down the hall to your right, first door past X-ray, you can't miss it."
Far Dareis Mai

Justin

• Airman
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #846 on: October 25, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »

"Thanks, Lieutenant" Callaghan said before following her instructions to the Colonel's new office. He noticed that it was oddly empty which was the reason that the Colonel would be doing his assessment herself, he supposed.

As he arrived at the office, he knocked on the door and waited. After being granted permission to enter, he opened the door and stepped into the office, closing the door behind him. "Colonel." he began. "Major Callaghan, reporting for my physical as ordered, ma'am" he added, standing at attention.

CHARACTER LIST:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #847 on: October 25, 2018, 10:17:29 PM »

"Well shut my mouth. Look who the badger dragged in!" Kim stood going around her desk looking the man up and down. "Time has done you well Alex, its been a while hasn't it?" The last time she saw him was almost three years ago when she sat in on his psych evaluation when he was still dealing with the loss of his former CO. Of course she'd seen him now and then, but not face to face, that was just how things were in the SGC. "Give me a sec while I bring up your file, oh and please, drop the ma'am. At least in here you know; these silver oaks are still too new for my liking." Besides, she didn't want anyone she saw to feel stressed at all.

Leaning over her desk, Kim tapped a few keys until his medical file popped up. She read it quickly to find out what she needed to know. Once that was done she turned to give him some good news at least. "Army Command and General Staff college hmm? Lucky man. They say you're as fit as a bull and the only thing missing for you here is for me to check your subcut transmitter is working and up to date and you'll need one vaccination. Then we're done. So off with the jacket and shirt and I'll have you out of here in five."
Far Dareis Mai

Justin

• Airman
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2018, 05:20:58 AM »

Callaghan smiled as he came at ease. "Yes it has..." he started. "You know I sort of like to avoid you people like the plague, ma'am" he added.

"Ay-aye, ma'am..." he said. The practice of calling everyone with a higher rank insignia than he had had been ingrained into him since he was 18, and it wasn't an easy thing for him to stray from it.

Callaghan smiled when the Colonel was going through his files and nodded when she said he was lucky for having been able to attend the CGSC. He'd gotten a master's degree out of it, though he wasn't sure he'd ever use it.

Then, of course, he had to undress. "What, you're not even gonna buy a feller a drink before gettim him naked?" he joked as he began unzipping his jacket.
CHARACTER LIST:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #849 on: October 30, 2018, 07:07:30 PM »

Kim chuckled, the sense of humor was still there. "Um no. You realize we have all these dang nasty regs in place now, I have to ask you these days if you'd prefer a male nurse or doctor. Can you imagine that really, we don't have the time to shuffle staff around at the best of times." She wasn't exactly complaining but you could tell she didn't like it.

Grabbing the scanner Kim proceeded to check his transmitter first; it was working well and she merely only had to update the information. With that done she picked up the pre-prepared vaccination for both the Hoffan virus and Kassa corn. She wiped his upper left shoulder with an alcohol pad, eased the needle in, within a count of ten she was done. "Okay Alex you're all set now. I'm not sure where ya'll be needed next but you could check with Chief Harriman in the gate room, or Lieutenant Brownwell in the pay office. In fact I think she should be your first go to."
Far Dareis Mai

Justin

• Airman
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #850 on: October 31, 2018, 08:48:47 AM »

"Jeeze," Callaghan breathed. "They're taking this a little far, ain't they?" he added. "Don't worry though. It ain't anything you've never seen before, and I tend to prefer a woman's touch over a feller's if I'm honest" he joked.

While he was talking, he took off his jacket, and pulled his tan shirt over his head thus revealing his numerous scars. These were a result of his being 'interrogated' by his captors, some three years ago and they were not something he was proud of. In fact, he usually went through great lengths to hide them.

The nurse got it all done quite quickly. Within a minute, he had his shirt back on, and was putting on his jacket again.

After he was fully dressed again, the Colonel directed him to his next stop: Lieutenant Brownwell in the pay office.

"Well, thank you ma'am. I suppose I'll see you around" he said before turning on his heels and exiting the office.

>>To Payroll office>>
CHARACTER LIST:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #851 on: October 31, 2018, 11:23:48 PM »

"Yes, bizarre. As if we haven't enough to do." She was basically repeating herself now. Her face cracked a smile. "Don't worry Alex, I've seen them all." Which included just about everyone at some point as they passed through med bay. "Kim!" She corrected him before he disappeared. "See you."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #852 on: January 08, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »

{Major Miranda Elwood} NPC

*Radio*

“SGC Medbay this is the Apollo, be prepared to receive one Lieutenant Colonel MacGregor for attendance, copy?”

As soon as Kim heard the call mild panic set in, she was informed earlier that Anne had returned to duty and now her son was about to be a patient. Her face heated up, undecided as to whether she should page Anne or not, then she told herself no. Get him assessed first then the duty MO can take care of him. "Copied Apollo, whenever you're ready, there is a targeting node for Triage bed 7, that should do nicely." God, Ben Mac, he was such a hunk, a pity he was so married, Kim though idly.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #853 on: January 08, 2019, 11:37:01 PM »

<Triage bed 7>

"Argh!" was heard from behind the curtain as Kim turned away from the light of the Asgrad beam. She rushed into see what had happened and almost burst out laughing. Miranda had done well, the right bed and all, only that Ben's feet were on the pillow and his head at the bottom end resting against the back plate. It wouldn't have hurt him, just a rude shock to be delivered that way. She left him be for a moment.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]

lethal-pageant