Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 31469 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #870 on: October 11, 2018, 10:06:07 PM »

Walter all but spat his coffee out when Noah said 'he'. Fran has been at the Alpha site twice recently, he wondered how the Petty Officer could have missed her gender? "Let me check Noah, I am sure I saw 'her' not too long ago in the base cafe. Give me a few minutes."

The most logical reasoning told him that she would have finished her coffee and donut then headed either back to her digs in the Chapel or the Med Bay Chapel, so Walter brought up the CCTV feed for those two areas. He saw from from minutes previously the lady in question entering her office in the main chapel. Walter picked up the phone and rang, waiting for a reply.

Soon after the phone was answered.

*Radio*

"Walter what can I do for you? More directly what can you do for me, I'm being driven to distraction by having nothing to distract me if you get my drift."

She seemed to be in a light hearted mood, that was good for him. "Ma'am, I have a request from Commodore Whitmore to speak to you. He's over at the Alpha Site right now, on radio. Would you like me to patch it through?"

"No thanks Walter, I need the exercise, I'll be up in five." The phone rang off.
  "Right." He said to himself, then back onto Noah. "Commander McCarthy will be here in about five minutes, can the Commodore wait for her?"

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #871 on: October 11, 2018, 11:10:40 PM »

Radio

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Yeah. sorry."

He waited for a few moments till Walter spoke again and Noah replied, "He can wait,"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"I think?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #872 on: October 12, 2018, 05:21:07 PM »

Walter looked over his shoulder when he heard the footsteps coming down the stairs, he knew who it was without looking. "Commander McCarthy is here now Noah." He told his opposite number.

Fran pulled out the second chair to sit down easily (she had also spent two hours in the gym and her butt was a little sore). "Is this a big secret Walter that I should know about?"

Walter merely shrugged. He had no idea.

Pulling closer to the desk, Fran spoke into the mic. "Hello Noah, how are you. I understand Commodore Whitmore wishes to borrow my ear?"
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #873 on: October 15, 2018, 05:17:24 PM »

There was a shuffling around of chairs a moment before Alex came into camera view."Fran how are you? The answer to your question is yes indeed and in fact your presence if possible. As you know already Michelle Bixby and I have been engaged for some time now and if it weren't for the inquiry I had to endure these last six months we would have been married. Since I have a twenty four hour window I wanted to ask if you think you might be able to come over to the Alpha Site and marry us this afternoon, that'd be your night time of course."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #874 on: October 15, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »

Fran looked over at Walter, the man merely grinned back at her which gave off the impression he knew this was coming. While it wasn't an unusual request in itself there were rules and regulations to be covered and she had to impress upon Alex where he and Michelle were duty bound. She gave him an encouraging smile though. "It can be done Alex, provided two things are set in place first up. Since Michelle is under the Command directly to Admiral McRaven, she and you will need to make a formal request under the Department of Defense Marriage guidelines for serving personnel article 7a. Noah can provide you with the form. If you can fill that out and get it back to me, we can set the wheels in motion. The second thing that needs to be done under my rules is a notice of intent to marriage. Normally this is a 30 day notice, but under the circumstances I do have the authority to waiver that time. Do you think you can manage that?" While she was speaking she tapped out a few keys on Walter's desktop, brought up a copy of the Marriage Notice form and sent it through as a data burst. "Ask Noah to open up his files, I have sent the Marriage Notice form to you."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #875 on: October 16, 2018, 05:03:42 PM »

*Video link*

"I had no idea getting married was going to be so complex, but then again it isn't something to be taken lightly is it?"

"Very well then Fran. I'll get this done on both accounts and get back to you quickly. Say in an hour?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #876 on: October 16, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »

"It's a lifelong commitment Alex at least in my world it is. Would you have it any other way really? I won't give you a sermon as I think Alex you and Michelle are mature more than enough to know this not your first date and I take my part in it very seriously." She grabbed a pen to write a quick note to herself, folding it up neatly before putting it away. "An hour will be fine, we'll let Walter shut the gate down for the time being and as soon as you have everything ready I'll be here waiting for you." She gave Walter the cue to shut the gate down, then stood to leave.

"I'll be in the briefing room when he calls back Walter, just give me a shout."

"Yes ma'am. Say, Commander one of my boys thinks he might be looking at Theological college next year with a mind to one day be an Air Force Chaplain, do you think if you have time in the coming week you could have a talk with him, you know, give him the low down on what he might be up for." He shut the gate down as he spoke, it needed some cooling down in any case.

Fran looked down with a pleasant smile. "I'd be glad to Walter. I'm actually filling in for Major Beckinsale at the Academy Chapel this Sunday, why don't you and the family drop by and we can take it up casually after the service."

Walter felt relieved, he wasn't sure if he was pushing favors. "I'll let him know and we will be there."

"Sunday." Fran said softly as she went up the stairs to the briefing room.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #877 on: October 17, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

A moment after Fran left the gate spun into motion once again. One after the other the chevrons locked into place until the opening sequence was completed. Walter had the iris in place which by now was standard procedure automatically done once the last address was closed down. He checked the incoming address, it was Salvatio, the Tok'ra world.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #878 on: October 18, 2018, 07:24:40 PM »

Sarah's IDC code came through a few seconds later.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #879 on: October 18, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »

"Good timing." Walter said to no one but himself. He tapped the radio transmit console. "You are free and clear Colonel, please report to Admiral McRaven as soon as you arrive please ma'am."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #880 on: October 19, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »

Sarah stepped through the gate, moving away from it before it closed behind her.  She was feeling a bit light headed, but she would rest in a bit.  Right now apparently she needed to find McRaven.  She jogged up to the room where Walter sat. "Hey, Walter.  Good to be home.  Any idea where the Admiral might be right now?" How she wanted to go find Sean, but that would also have to wait.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #881 on: October 19, 2018, 08:18:19 PM »

It was always good to see the Colonel, she was that solid counter point to all the things that were wrong in the world. "I'll catch up later ma'am." He wanted to hear about how young Nick got on. "He's in his office Colonel, currently briefing Colonel MacGregor and a new navy SEAL warrant officer. You can go on up, but be wary, he isn't in the best mood today."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:21:22 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]