Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 22305 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #435 on: February 12, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »

"You're welcome Sir." She sighed deeply, now she had to do what she'd been putting off so long, making that call to her father. "I'll be doing just that, in between um...other things if you know what I mean." Sean and Sarah both knew how much of a pain in the mitka Major General Frank Brownwell was, thinking his little girl had to be guided and watched over in everything she did. He wasn't even aware or chose to ignore that fact she was the controlling officer over the biggest defence budget in the US. "I'll see you in twelve hours Admiral. Night." The young woman toddled off then, her eyes half open as she headed for the nearest elevator.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »

<<From Briefing Room>>

It was a strange but valid question. Anne thought about it for all of sixty seconds. "Duty Linda. Ask yourself why Sabrina Matthews does what she does. Put aside the fact of what she is for a moment and pretend she is simply an absurdly wealthy woman. Yet she has pledged herself to Earth and our cause, with her often putting her own neck on the chopping block so to speak for our sake. I think that might be the answer." To be sure Anne herself could walk away from this completely, spend her remaining years as a consultant surgeon making money hand over fist. Yet here she was, the wrong side of sixty still doing her bit.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2017, 01:45:25 PM »

Linda nodded. "It's just that you don't see that sense of duty in today's elite. I'm part of the House of Fraser and the Earls of Lovat. So I had a privileged childhood. Many people expected that I would live a life of leisure. But I choose to fly bombers instead. Many of my schoolmates are choose to waste their lives, not making use of talents that could have been put to good use."

She then changed the subject. "What do you think of this new treaty? We will have Kelt officers arriving soon to serve on our ships and to man positions in the watch center. They will be helping Sabrina Matthews construct our new Moon base. I just got word earlier today that they will be sending a medical mission here in the next day or so to bring us up to speed on their medical techniques. Which include the growing of new limbs to replace lost ones. I can think of a few people I know who could benefit from that."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #438 on: March 07, 2017, 12:49:43 AM »

Anne wore a smallish smile on her face, she was quite sure that Linda would be more than familiar with the Windsor family. "Your choice Linda is no different to young Harry's and I'm positive having met him not too long ago that given his own path to follow he would prefer to stay with the Army rather than the inevitable Royal duties he'll have to do eventually. As I said before, there are some of us who see duty first."

With the change of subject Anne was out of the loop. She hadn't bothered to catch up all that much with the treaty business as it was of no concern of hers really. So long as it didn't interfere with her job, the powers that be could do whatever they wish. "Its all very good to hear of it I suppose. My preference is and has always been for Earth to stand on her own two feet without all these 'gifts'. Its been my experience over time that nothing is ever for free. I sincerely hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the you know where."

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #439 on: March 07, 2017, 05:16:21 PM »

Linda chuckled along with Anne at the thought of Prince Harry. "He's a fine young man, but there have been times when I would have liked to give the young scapegrace a severe talking to. I know Kate and Wills. They are a lovely couple. I know the PM has had them briefed in on the Stargate Program, along with his father and Her Majesty. He feels that their younger minds will be valuable later." She chuckled to herself again. "Did you know that the Palace once tried to match up the Countess and Harry? She wound up knocking him on his bum after he tried to 'cop a feel', as the saying goes. His father and grandfather had no sympathy for him."

She changed the subject. "I was there when the treaty was negotiated and I've read it all, with the annotations made by our legal team. We don't have much of a choice, I'm afraid. We are far behind on the power curve and this is the best hope we have of catching up. According to our scientists what the Kelts are offering us we would have had in ten or so years anyway, so they are just keeping us from going down blind alleys. They need strong allies. Somebody unknown has been mounting a terror campaign against them. A year or so ago somebody smuggled an atomic bomb onto one of their major bases and detonated it."

"Then there is this thing about psychic talents. They claim that everyone can do a little, such as do things to preserve food, but that really major talents, such as Cate and Linde have, require major training. Linde is there now, Cate will have to come later. And the High Queen insisted very strongly that Cate should be trained in order to get her powers under control."

She sighed. "Plus I just got notice this morning that the Kelts intend to invoke the right of pursuit under interstellar law, which applies everywhere, according to them, and go after terrorist leaders and sites here on Earth. They have sent files linking some of the major terrorist groups here on Earth to off-world elements, which gives them the right to go after them here. They also have classified Iran as a terrorist state, which makes them fair game."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:46:17 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #440 on: March 09, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »

"You never met my late husband did you?" Anne asked seemingly changing the subject. It was relevant though. "He served on attachment for a brief period with Harry's unit advising the 'royal' on what he might expect to find when he was eventually to be sent to Afghanistan. William at that time was only two weeks away from joining the Stargate program himself, he had been briefed prior that 'they' were already in the loop." They in this instance meaning the Windsors. "I recall my husband saying some time after that the younger Royal hinted at having a look at what we do here, it was rejected because of the potential influence it could have on certain governments perceiving it as favoritism, I wholly agree. I think Harry should think himself lucky that Linde did bounce him back then." That was the end of her light hearted moment.

Back to the primary subject it was then. "I'm a skeptic Linda, I have always been and always will be. I wasn't around when the SGC encountered the Aschen, but I've been briefed a thousand times over about how close we came to being wiped out. I along with many others feel that these miraculous we might receive from other races are Trojan horses. No matter how good it looks on paper, in this case an alliance agreement; we should proceed with extreme caution and as the Stargate Program Surgeon General, I'll be saying thanks but no thanks. We'll advance in our own time." She leaned back in the chair, doing her best impression of being relaxed. "I'm not saying we'll refuse hints at research and the direction we take, I'm merely saying we're not about to compromise our own vast history of doing things we feel more comfortable with as Doctors and Surgeons." Then she sat back up straight. "Who in their right mind would agree to that? We could have world war three on our hands over night if we let one go unchecked." Frankly she was shocked, the look on her face said as much.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2017, 05:00:16 PM »

Linda wasn't surprised by the shock on Anne's face. She had had a similar look just a few hours ago. "I will be beaming to Australia in a hour to talk with their Ambassador and try to persuade them out of this lunacy. But like I've said, they take a very hard line on terrorism. They have passed very detailed files to our intelligence people, so I expect some action on that front. Plus they've been talking very intensely with the Israeli Mossad."

"As for the other, I'm a hard-headed, practical Scot. But we also have a tradition of being 'fey' in the family, so I'm much less skeptical than most. I had an old Highland aunt who they said had the 'second sight'. And damned if she wasn't right more times than she wasn't."

"As for the medical stuff, just listen and then make your own choices. Their own Ambassador is a trained physician, so she'll be the one to come to talk to you when time permits."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #442 on: March 13, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »

"The only thing about terrorism that affects me Linda, or did so in the past, was when some insane jihadist let off a roadside bomb, killing or maiming some of our boys and girls for simply doing their job." The last thing that was in Anne's CV, was having any kind of political viewpoint. When voting came around, she always went to the polls, folded the ballot paper up placing it in the box unfilled. But she drew the line when it came to outside influences in that very subject, like years ago when the US tried to influence the outcome of an Australian election. It was none of their beeswax. "Well I hope you can convince them Linda. Giving us a hand with intel is one thing, actual physical interference is another. So where did they manage to stick this Kelt Embassy anyway? I know you said Australia, but its a pretty big damned place."

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

"It's at the Land Warfare Centre, in Canungra, South East Queensland," Linda answered. "At the old Lantean base under Mount Tambourine. The staff has settled in and some of them are even living on the economy and driving in." There was an urgent beep on Linda's cellphone and she consulted it quickly. "The Kelt ambassador is suggesting moving the meeting here. It will give you a chance to meet her. She's the Queen's sister." She quickly texted her acceptance of the change.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

That bit of news at the least brought a cheery response from Anne; they were placed right in her backyard so to speak. "Sunny Queensland eh? Sand and Surf with all the accoutrements that go with it? It reminds me fondly of the holidays spent there with my parents, I don't think a better place on Earth could have been found for them. Of course I am a little biased there aren't I?" Then the other part of Linda's discussion sank in. "An Ancient base in Australia? I find that fascinating really. Before Will was taken from us, he hypothesized that one such facility may exist given the proximity to Antarctica. When did they find it?"

She sat up straight then, realizing the final sentence was in the hear and now. "Coming here? Do I need to change I wonder." She was in her blues, of course she had no need to.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #445 on: March 16, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »

"They found it five years ago, and one of the officers who was examining it had been part of the SGC and he contacted the PM and the government had it sealed," Ann answered. "The Kelts have bought a couple of housing developments and are converting them to their specifications. As for your blues, the Ambassador is a trained medical doctor, so I hardly think she'll take offense." Her cellphone rang and she answered, listening for a minute. "She's ready to beam down. I"ll introduce you."

<<Ríoghnach Aoibhell, Princess of the Name, Ambassador to Terra, NPC>>

Ríoghnach beamed down from Gall-Ghàidhealaibh (Galloway), the Kelt battlewagon currently on call for transport purposes. She was dressed in a plain blue gúna (dress), with the only mark of her royal rank a thin circlet of maintenance on her long red hair. She wore no other jewelry. In her right hand she carried was what clearly a doctor's bag. She smiled at Linda. "Commodore, very nice to see you again. And this is one of your senior medical personnel, perhaps?"

Linda introduced the two to each other. "Princess, this is Commodore Anne MacGregor, Surgeon General for Stargate Command. Anne, this is Princess Ríoghnach, Kelt Anbassador to Earth." Ríoghnach nodded her head in greeting and extended her hand, Earth style. "Very good to meet you, Commodore."

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:10:07 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »

The woman was a Scot if ever she had seen one in the flesh, being one herself by way of her father as well as having visited that sweet ancestral home, Anne could pick a Scots woman or man out in any crowd. They had an air about them, a certain flush to their cheeks as was seen more often on her daughter than not. Right there and then Anne felt a tinge of sadness realizing that these people had left Earth a few thousand years ago and while claiming Welsh heritage, back in that time they were all one people; Irish, Welsh, Scots and Britons with the northern Picts thrown in for good measure.

She stood a little nervously taking the other woman's hand with a firm, warm grasp. "It is indeed a pleasure to meet you at last your Highness, I am honored truly." She looked hard at her, typically thinking the first thing that came into her mind. "I'd like to take a DNA sample from you lass." It would be an exciting moment if ancestors of these people could be found on Earth.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #447 on: March 18, 2017, 08:38:47 PM »

<<Princess Ríoghnach Aoibhell, Keltic Ambassador to Earth, NPC>>

Ríoghnach smiled broadly. "The honor is mine, Commodore. Please, the both of you, just call me Ríoghnach or even Rí. We Kelts prefer informality whenever we can get away with it." She took off her circlet and placed it on a nearby table. "The only reason I wore this is to please my chief of protocol, who is a stuffy old gasbag." She sat down in a nearby chair. "Your country, Commodore, is quite charming. We love it already. We have bought a development with single-family homes and one with a large apartment building and are settling in. We have brought in a couple of small fusion plants so we will have more than enough power for our immediate needs. We won't do any more for now because we want to blend in as much as possible. We've given it out that we're a start-up from Ireland and people seem to have taken us at our word. Entrance into the area is very strictly controlled by the Australian government but we hope to relax that soon as we are more settled in. Our druids and ban-draoi have been busy planting fruit orchards and herb and vegetable gardens. Some of our people have even bought barbecues for their backyards! I was visiting a local market and listened to one of your countrymen brag for an hour how he was descended from horse thieves and pickpockets!"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:53:53 PM by Robert Laurel »

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #448 on: March 19, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »

<<AVM Linda Fraser, Commander, SGC>>

<<Princess Ríoghnach Aoibhell, Keltic Ambassador to Earth, NPC>>

Linda laughed. "You should read Such a Parcel of Rogues in a Nation by Robbie Burns. That title sums up Scots to a T. And I say that as a full-blooded Scot. I understand that Her Majesty did some tourism before she left?"

"Aye, we did," Ríoghnach replied. "The first place we went, Aeron and Gwydion and myself, was the site of the old hill fort of Craig Liat, which overlooks the Shannon about two miles Killaloe in Munster, which is the place from which the clan comes from. It has been looked after for centuries now by a family of farmers from the area. There is now a well tended picnic area atop of the hill with picnic tables and chairs and an awning for inclement weather. It has a magnificent view of the river valley. Helwen Drummond went to her family seat at Stobhall Castle in Perthshire. The Earl of Perth intends to sell it, we are planning on purchasing it to preserve it. Emer and Morwen Douglas went to visit the ruins of Douglas Castle in South Lanarkshire in southwest Scotland. The castle and subsequent manor house fell into such disrepair that they were demolished in 1938 and only a single tower remains. After that we all went to Harlech Castle, which is Gwydion's family comes from. He is a direct descendant of Owain Glyndŵr. After that it was Caernarfon Castle where we met the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, along with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Then Aeron and Gwydion had a private meeting at Sandringham House with the Queen and the Prince Consort. So we had a busy time."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:54:11 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #449 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:32 PM »

"Ri it is then, as Linda will be the first to tell you, you'd be hard pressed to find someone more informal than I. I'm not overly fond of neither military or regal protocol, frankly I don't have much time for it." Though she was a generation or two from being a pure Scot, Anne still had that same tenacity for going against the grain. In her time with the Stargate program she had rubbed more than one set of shoulders the wrong way, most of those Americans, some British and some even of her own Australians. Anne figured she had two things going for her on that score, one she was old enough to do almost anything she wished to do in regards as to how she addressed people and two, she was one of the highest ranking medical officers bar only a very small handful, on the planet. As the old saying goes, the Doctor is always right.

"Quite an itinerary you had before you feet even touched the ground. I'm one of those who do a lot of planning, but never get around to it. I promised my husband before he passed away that we'd see his ancestral home at Glenlochy, but sadly we never got around to it. Even my own relatives around Lanarkshire I've never seen." But of course they were rambling now, the subject was having the Kelts in her backyard, she was curious as to how they were able get around many things, her home countries extremely tight immigration laws. "I'm going to assume at this point you had help from Stargate command getting around all the paperwork. Australia is renown for red tape." Something she could attest to, even going back home after long spells in the US she had to jump through hoops.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34