Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: Level 27 - Briefing Room  (Read 20132 times)

Veteran52

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Veteran52 Thumb turning green.Veteran52 Thumb turning green.
Re: Level 27 - Briefing Room
« Reply #540 on: August 07, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »

*Radio*

"Ma'am, this is Chief Cooper, may I come down to your office?  I need to speak with you about what really happened in the Officer's Lounge...,or, if you could get me assigned to another team?  Oh, and to my re-collection, I was never tested for the ATA gene...could that be done?  Thank you..".
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:47:21 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #541 on: August 07, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »

By the time Cheryl had returned the briefing room was once again empty and quiet, she glanced across to Ian's office taking note that the Australian, Lieutenant Colonel  MacGregor was with the Admiral. Cheryl took especial notice of the man, telling herself that his family must be blessed by good genes for he was as handsome as his sister was beautiful. Their mother wasn't bad on the eye either for her age. Shaking off that mental reflection she sat her laptop on the table, reached under to plug the power in when he radio went off. She answered as best as she could. "Chief come on down to the Briefing room and I'll see what is available. I can't make any promises but I think there might be something going, I just need to check team rosters. I'll go through your file and see, normally there isn't a set test, its merely done through the screening process of your blood works when you first came here. I'll have an answer by the time you get here."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Veteran52

• Senior Airman
« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »

<<From Accommodation>>

*Radio*

"This is Cooper...Thank you Ma'am.  I'll be right down to the Briefing Room.  After the last few days, I just want to get going again!"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:45:34 PM by Mim »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #543 on: August 12, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

<<From Control Room>>

Coming up the stairs was an all too familiar thing for Alex, he had spent the better part of six months here prior to the commissioning of Zulu station at the SGC; of course back then he was still a Group Captain, so in that time many things had changed. But, the face of the young woman he recognised as the base pay officer hadn't. "I'm sorry to disturb you Lieutenant, I don't know if you remember me? Alex Whitmore, former CO of Zulu station. I'm returning here as a Civilian Technical advisor and Washington asked me to make an appointment to see the Admiral if that can be arranged, thank you."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #544 on: August 13, 2018, 02:54:38 AM »

"I'll see you when you arrive Chief. I don't expect to be busy all that much and I think I may have some good news for you when you do get here." Cheryl looked down then up again to see an old familar face turn up. "Commodore Whitmore, its a pleasure to see you sir." Then she realized he said his name, rather than his rank and the expectation of the position he'd be placed in. She recalled an email on the matter some few days ago. "The Admiral shouldn't be long sir, if you don't mind waiting." She glanced over to his room, Ben MacGregor was still there.
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Senior Airman
« Reply #545 on: August 16, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »

As Cooper stepped out of the elevator, he looked towards Cheryls office and saw her talking with an unknown gentleman.  As that individual sat down, the Chief saw his chance to enter.."Chief Petty Officer Cooper Morgan reporting, Ma'am!! After returning her salute, Cooper quickly broached the subject, officially.."Im hoping that you might have some ideas about possible assignments for me, in lieu of my present 'teamless status', Ma'am!

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #546 on: August 16, 2018, 08:29:20 PM »

"No I don't mind lass, it'll be an interesting wait I should say." Alex felt a little put off by the other fellow's barging in like that when it was clear he could see the girl was talking to him. By his standards one stood back and bided their time until it was clear they were finished. "I'll just wander about for a while." He cautioned a quick look over to McRaven's office to see the young Australian leaving. Alex then went to the window looking down onto the gate ramp, he noticed teams leaving, nothing new there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2018, 02:50:22 AM »

"I apologize sir." She said to Whitmore.
Sometimes it was so awkward really, Cooper was almost but not quite old enough to be her father, or at least an uncle or much older cousin.  To hear the ma'am thing and the salute was terribly embarrassing for her, not to mention he failed to notice poor Alex there with her. She cleared her throat. "Ahem, Chief this is Air Commondore Whitmore, former commander of Zulu station." She had to put that right, even though Alex was in a suit and retired from the Royal Air Force now, he still had to have a certain respect. "Oh and I should mention, I'm not sure how you Navy people do it, but without a cap and indoors we don't salute, even for the Admiral. Anyways to get to your problem, there is a team out in Atlantis under Commander Jordan O'Neil, I'm sure you know her. We can place you with her team."
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Senior Airman
« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2018, 03:59:15 PM »

Cooper was truly embarrassed that he had 'jumped the gun'.  Turning to the Air Commandore,Cooper said.."I ask for your pardon Sir, I meant no disrespect to you. I wrongfully concluded that you were done here..I can wait if you need more time, Sir!  Looking at Cheryl, and noting her now obvious discomfort.."Cheryl, I apologize to you for my interruptions, no offense was meant and my saluting, even without my cover was my poor way of acknowledgeing your rank and your willingness to help me out!  Ive been 'off the clock' for what seems to me to be an eternity!  I know her by reputation, but to my recollection we've never met.  Iwould be honored to join her team!

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #549 on: August 18, 2018, 11:05:39 AM »

As he saw Ben out, Ian entered the Briefing Room, and was surprised to see Chief Morgan still here, since by his estimation, SG-1 should have been leaving by now, especially if Cheryl was here. But one thing at a time...

"Commodore, Vice Admiral Ian McRaven, US Navy. Sorry about the delay, I had another meeting to resolve. Bit of a busy day, so if I seem like I'm rushing things along, I am." He cracked a smile, "Alright, what've I missed, Lieutenant?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #550 on: August 19, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »

Hearing the Admiral walk in, Alex turned from the window smartly. He was feeling far to conspicuous in his suit, that had to change as soon as possible, yet as a civilian what would he change into? Extending his hand, Alex greeted him enthusiastically. "Think nothing of it Admiral, I've not been here all that long anyway." He said diplomatically. "I won't keep you long then, as this is merely a less than formal thing for me today. If you've seen the memo from Washington hopefully you'll already know why I'm here. A day early I might add." He looked slightly aside at the table. "Don't think about it Chief, these things happen."
« Last Edit: Today at 02:31:35 AM by Ellen_Ripley »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #551 on: Today at 02:43:02 AM »

"Excuse me Cooper." Cheryl stood for a moment, moved nearer to the Admiral and Alex, keeping her voice low. "The Chief here has been made redundant with SG1 sir, I've gone through the files to find another team for him to get his confidence back, I think that may have been his undoing. AR-3, Commander O'Neil's team at Atlantis is short on combat experienced members so I thought that might be a suitable avenue for him." There was little else she or the Admiral could do in any case, the Pentagon expected them to use whatever resources were available and sticking the man behind a desk would be a total waste. "Pardon me sirs." She said returning to the table.

"Okay." She said sitting down again. "As Commodore Whitmore said, things happen. I will tell you this Chief; Commander O'Neil is one very tough officer, she is a part of the Stargate Program because of not only her reputation, but because she lives up to it. If you're willing to be under her command, you will need to be the best you can be. She doesn't expect to be saluted or called ma'am at every conversation, all she expects is for you to do you job and she does lead by example. Can you handle that?" He had better or he will find himself behind a desk.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]