Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 24377 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 195
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #750 on: May 09, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »

*Radio*

For a longer moment than expected the radio was silent, then.  "Colonel the last we heard from the Dreadnought Captain McFearson had informed us they had just completed a mission to a Genii held planet and were moving on, we still have an incoming call from them for Mister Woolsey, I will notify you the moment we know what that transmission is about. Although I do understand they may have a lead on Captain Jaworski's whereabouts."

The younger just grinned at 'Mom', she'd been put under the guidance of both Sarah and Sean from the day she arrived as a very raw kid not long out of the academy, with the heavy weight of expectation from her father to not only do well, but to excel. From the reports she had been given access to, she should make him proud, but that wasn't her intent. All Cheryl wanted to do was make it on her own, as her own person and not the daughter of a 4 star. So she listened and absorbed, that was how you learned your craft Sam Carter had told her once. "I wonder how Captain McFearson is holding up?" She mused, it was no secret the Aussie and the Doctor were a number, they never hid that from anyone.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2018, 08:18:18 AM »

Sarah glanced at Cheryl as the radio went quiet.  Hopefully that was a good thing and Amelia would have some good news when she came back.  She blew out a breath as the words registered.  They didn't have the captain back yet but it sounded like they might at least know where to start now.  "Thank you, Amelia.  I hope to hear from you soon with some good news that they have located him."

Sarah then smiled at Cheryl.  The younger girl was catching on fast.  She had no doubt that Cheryl would go places.   She shook her head.  "I'm not sure.  hopefully she's keeping her head on straight."  She knew personally she would lose it if anything happened to Sean.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #752 on: May 11, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »

*Radio*

"Colonel you can inform the Admiral that I will be contacting the Dreadnought in a few minutes. As soon as I find out where they are at, I will let you know. And you are always welcome. I know that you and the SGC commander are due for an inspection here soon, so I will be looking forward to that. Amelia out."

Cheryl waited a few seconds before shutting the gate down, she knew that it was possible that SG1 might be calling soon for an update. "Sounds hopeful doesn't it, at least they're not sitting on their hands." She tapped her chin. "I wouldn't like to be in her position, though I gotta say she is one very brave lady Sarah, I only hope I can be half as good as her one day." Cheryl had read the files on the Daedalus from some years back when they were fighting the Lucian Alliance, Helen McFearson received three bravery awards from that action alone. But then that action saw so many awards during those awful months, the SGC lost quite a few personnel in just two days of fighting.

Then she faced palmed herself. With so much going on she had forgotten. "Oh criminy! Colonel you need to talk to the Admiral about that transmission from the Dig Site and I am such a ditz. Thank you Amelia!" She exclaimed. "You and the Admiral are scheduled for an inspection of Atlantis tomorrow. But in the meantime I'll replay that call from Doctor Bannerman."

"Stand by Cheryl."

"Sending now. Please make sure Colonel Reynolds takes it to the Commander, this might be exactly what we've been needing to boost morale."

She then played the video that had been sent. It wasn't long but fascinating to watch. On the screen the dig site was shown, then someone with the camera was walking behind the Doctor, down deep into what might have been the main dig pit. Paul was speaking all the while describing everything he saw, then they came to a large wall that had been cleaned. He explained the translation of the glyphs pointing to the last. "It speaks of a lost city, there are references to it all over this place. The language is one of the oldest we've yet seen from the Ancients, this is bone fide Cheryl. This could well be the Ancient home world in our galaxy we could never find. There are clues to several addresses, I think this might be it!" His excitement was felt even so remotely through the film.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #753 on: May 14, 2018, 05:22:54 PM »

Sarah nodded.  "That does sound good.  Hopefully they'll have good news soon."  Sarah smiled a bit.  "You're doing just fine,  Cheryl.   You're still young and none of us want to be in that awful position that McFearson found herself in"

Message? Oh she had forgotten about that.  Sarah moved behind Cheryl to watch the video.  Her eyes widened as she listened.   "That Can't be right can it?" She asked,  her British accent coming through heavily.  "The Admiral needs to see this."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #754 on: May 15, 2018, 01:07:21 AM »

"I am?" She too often questioned her own abilities, yet that glorifying letter from the Air Force COS at the Pentagon said otherwise, coming of course via the Sean and Hank Landry before him. Stupidly for a short while before tucking it away in a draw she had it in a frame on her room wall; one didn't need that kind of thing to be a constant source of 'this is what you did, now see you do that all the time' annoyance. Still it made her dad proud of her for as long as it took for him to find another fault. She could be paranoid sometimes.

"Well I don't know Captain McFearson all that well, but I don't think any woman could go through that without breaking down, as she had already. But still, what I saw I had to admire Sarah, she came through it in one piece." She stopped the replay. "The Admiral is still with Kim, we should wait at least until he gets back to his office shouldn't we?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #755 on: May 17, 2018, 09:14:14 PM »

Sarah smiled.  "Of course you are.  Never doubt that."  Cheryl was really too hard on herself.  She knew the girl tried hard and she was proud of Cheryl.

Sarah thought for a minute,  remembering just why the Admiral was with Kim.  "Good point " she grinned.  "Mind calling down to medical and letting them know I'll meet him in his office?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #756 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:19 PM »

<Control Room>

The girl knew that without Sarah's support (and Sean's of course) she'd be relegated to some back room on the base doing nothing more than the staff pay and financial dealings for the SGC. While some may say that was a huge responsibility, Cheryl found it tedious after a while, she was lucky in that she had three very efficient clerks to help her, freeing her up to do more exciting things like helping Chief Harriman with the gate duties. "I'll remember that Sarah." She was grateful to say the least, so much so Sarah might find a tray of Cheryl's peanut cookies on her desk when she turned in for the night.

"That was my thought to really, no one likes surprises do they?" Nothing like pre-warned for anyone around here. She pressed a few buttons on her desk, to watch the CCTV, seeing Kim's nurses station empty she could only assume she and the Admiral were in the examination room where cameras were forbidden. Radio. "Major Sutton this is Cheryl Brownwell, could you please inform the Admiral that Colonel Davidson is on her way to his office with some important information." That should do it. "Sarah I'll email this video to the Admiral, by the time you get there he'll have it." The SGC email systems had two varieties, one for external emails and another for internal that were highly secure.

A moment after the call was sent, two pips came back to Cheryl's ears letting her know that Kim had received but couldn't answer. "She got the message Sarah."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:13:47 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #757 on: May 18, 2018, 08:22:51 PM »

<control room>

"I hope you do." Sarah knew Cheryl would go far.  She had a good head on her shoulders and seemed to know just when to ask questions and when to keep quiet.

"Thank you.  I'll head there now.  I'll be around if you need anything." Sarah gave Cheryl's shoulder a squeeze before turning to head to the Admirals office.  That video certainly wasn't what she expected.

>>to Admirals office>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #758 on: May 21, 2018, 02:06:24 AM »

The surprises were never ending around this place, that was Cheryl's thoughts on the subject and she was sticking to them. Right now she was quite the happy camper, the expression on her face said so. "See ya Mom." That was the right time and moment to say what she thought.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #759 on: May 22, 2018, 07:36:16 PM »

*Cellphone*

Text message from Lt. Jonathan Nealson:

Please send to Malcolm Barrett NID for ID ASAP.

Attached was a photo of a redheaded man, open-mouthed in shock.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #760 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:45 AM »

Yawning Cheryl stirred her coffee slowly, she still hadn't fully woken up yet even though she'd been on duty for almost an hour. It was only the buzzing of her phone that made her sit up straight and straight she did. "Oh boy!" She was happy, something cool to do and she liked Malcolm...a lot. Maybe too much given the age differences.

She uploaded the message from Jon onto her hard drive, encoded it just to be sure then sent him back a reply. "Can you wait about five minutes?" Then she grabbed Barrett's number and rang him directly.

"Barrett. Is that you Cheryl?" He asked, she could hear voices in the background.

"Yes Mister Barrett it is, are you busy and is it safe to talk?"

A pause then he spoke again. "Malcolm please. Yes its okay, I'm at Langley right now in between meetings. How can I help?"

"I'm sending you a photo from Lieutenant Nealson, he's in town with his team on some leave. I'm not sure what its about but I guess when you ID the man we'll find out." She pressed send, he'd have to spend a minute or so de-crypting the image but it was safer that way.

Another pause. "Yeah got it. Give me two minutes." Another even longer pause. "Cheryl, you had better get back to Nealson real quick. The guy in the photo is one Nigel Parks a reporter for the Colorado Sun, previously with the Washington Post up until a year ago. He was one of several we targeted years ago trying to dig up intel on the SGC. He's a full time conspiracy theorist and full time dirt bag. I can have two agents there in thirty minutes so whatever you tell them, make sure you get them to stall, no sudden movements and for them to stay put. If they leave he will only follow them. Got all that?"

She didn't miss a beat, Cheryl recorded everything he said as he knew she would. "Yes sir..er Malcolm. I'll call you back if I hear anything else okay? Oh do you think I should inform the Admiral?"

"No not yet, we need to find out what he wants. Once we do that, we'll haul him into the SGC. Its such a pity Teal'c isn't with you, I'm rather fond of his interrogation methods. Catch you soon." The phone rang off. She knew then and there she couldn't send all of this to Jon over the phone, there had to be another way.

"Lieutenant Nealson, I need you to do something for me. Make an excuse to go to the bathroom, I can't relay this message back to you over the phone."
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #761 on: May 23, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »

*Phone*

Text message from Lt. Jon Nealson:

"All ears."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #762 on: May 23, 2018, 11:31:15 PM »

Having no idea exactly where he was as in his position on the planet wasn't a problem for Cheryl, that was one of the magical things about having a subcutaneous transmitter fitted to all personnel. She knew he wouldn't be long, in that intervening time she organized with the Apollo to locate him then send a coms set. She silently hoped he had the lid down on the toilet; that would be insane if he didn't. When she heard him again Cheryl let him know. "Standby, a coms set is on its way. I hope the Apollo has good aim."

Then she gave the word to the ship, they confirmed the 'package' had been set. She waited another minute or so for him to fit the earpiece. She connected to him via her desktop. "Okay Jon to make this quicker I am going to replay exactly what Agent told me in our conversation." She then hit replay.

"Barrett. Is that you Cheryl?"

"Yes Mister Barrett it is, are you busy and is it safe to talk?"

"Malcolm please. Yes its okay, I'm at Langley right now in between meetings. How can I help?"

"I'm sending you a photo from Lieutenant Nealson, he's in town with his team on some leave. I'm not sure what its about but I guess when you ID the man we'll find out."

Pause. "Yeah got it. Give me two minutes." Another even longer pause. "Cheryl, you had better get back to Nealson real quick. The guy in the photo is one Nigel Parks a reporter for the Colorado Sun, previously with the Washington Post up until a year ago. He was one of several we targeted years ago trying to dig up intel on the SGC. He's a full time conspiracy theorist and full time dirt bag. I can have two agents there in thirty minutes so whatever you tell them, make sure you get them to stall, no sudden movements and for them to stay put. If they leave he will only follow them. Got all that?"

"Yes sir..er Malcolm. I'll call you back if I hear anything else okay? Oh do you think I should inform the Admiral?"

"No not yet, we need to find out what he wants. Once we do that, we'll haul him into the SGC. Its such a pity Teal'c isn't with you, I'm rather fond of his interrogation methods. Catch you soon."

When it was done she spoke again. "Got all that?"
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2018, 12:51:01 AM »

*Phone*

"Roger that," Jon said. "I'll tell Colonel Reynolds we should all stay put so Barrett's people can do their thing. Nealson out."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #764 on: May 25, 2018, 01:05:52 AM »

So okay the ball was rolling, what next and what did this reporter want? Those were the questions rumbling around in her mind. She wanted to tell Sarah and the Admiral badly, but at the same time she wondered if there might be a mole in the SGC? Could that even be possible? Then something occurred to her, they could easily get the guy's cellphone number and find out who he had been talking to recently. Cheryl got to work, she had her own contacts she could trust.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52