Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 31287 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #765 on: May 29, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »

Yet again the Stargate burst into life, Cheryl had the Iris in place but she somehow knew there was no need, especially seeing the speed of the dial in, the only address she knew capable of that, added with the eight chevrons was Atlantis. The IDC came through a second before the transmission.

*Radio*

"SGC this is Atlantis, Mr Woolsey wishes to speak with the Admiral urgently please."

"Oh boy, the Admiral will be tickled over this." She said to herself. First twenty four hours on the job and already they had him running. "Got it Amelia, stand by." She pressed the intercom to his office. "Admiral, Atlantis has dialed in, Mr Woolsey their commander wishes to speak to you urgently. Shall I patch it through to you, or do you wish to come down to the control room?"

"Thank you Cheryl, I'll keep the line open."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2018, 10:03:03 PM »

"Lieutenant, go ahead and patch it in here, please. Thank you."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #767 on: June 03, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »

"Patching through now sir. Atlantis go ahead, you're connected with Vice Admiral Ian McRaven." She had to make it sound really official since she was sure that they had not as yet heard the news of the new commander taking over.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #768 on: June 05, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »

*Telephone*

"Hey, darlin', sorry I'm checking in so late. Time difference is messing with me. Just wanted to make sure you're all right, that the babysitter is still on for our date night."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #769 on: June 05, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »

"Um okay?" Her phone was still on, strangely so. Cheryl knew who it was immediately but the conversation threw her for all of two seconds. She was on the ball with it fairly quickly, somehow her instincts told her that this creepy reporter had made his move. "Shouldn't be too long darling. I'm sure by the time you're ready she'll be here, oh and please baby don't drink too much will you?" That should do it. Barrett, should she call him again she wondered.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #770 on: June 05, 2018, 10:30:38 PM »

*Telephone*

"Don't worry, darlin', you know I never drink on the job. Wouldn't set a good example for sweet little Malcolm, now would it? Give him a kiss goodnight for me, tell him daddy loves him. And - don't bother Uncle Ian for the next hour or so, all right? You're the best. Love you lots. Kisses."

And Jon disconnected.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #771 on: June 07, 2018, 12:01:41 AM »

Cheryl was stunned really, she was more than smart enough to know exactly what Jon was on about but why? Why delay telling the Admiral for an hour. Then there was Malcolm and his team, what about them? Perhaps she should give him the heads up to, yes she has to do that. But there was also a very strange feeling in her, despite the fact she knew he was play acting, role playing as it were, his voice sounded so sincere and she more than almost anyone withing the Program apart from a very small circle, knew exactly who he was. Cheryl felt sad for him then, it must be so hard on him.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #772 on: June 13, 2018, 02:27:21 AM »

<Incoming Wormhole from the Alpha Site>

*Radio*

"SGC this is Chief Petty Officer Sakai calling from the Alpha site. Do you copy"

That was perhaps the fourth time in as many days if not more, Cheryl was curious what Miki might want this time. Not that she was bothered at all, she was well aware of the situation there. "I hear you Miki, go ahead."

"Thank you Cheryl. We have the Forerunner Empress in hand, Colonel Bixby and Commandant Berge have asked if it is possible to have Agent Barrett come here to...to do the interview."

Now that was good news, she was pleased to hear it. Maybe the Cavaleiros might see peace at last. "I had him on the phone not too long ago, give me an hour or so and I'll see what we can do for you Miki. Cheryl out."

{Agent Malcolm Barrett} NPC

She hit the speed dial again via the computer, it rang just twice. "Yeah Cheryl, my team has picked the guys up just a few minutes ago, they're bringing them into the SGC so you'd best give the Admiral a heads up. Oh and Parks's offsider, he's a kid just 16 years old and handicapped I might add. He has MND, do you know what that is?"

She did, her eyes popped when Malcolm told her that, like wow, how does a kid like that get involved in something like this? Then some of the pieces started to fall into place, she was guessing, but she thought she might know just what motivated this boy. "Yes I know what it is Malcolm, you know I lost a cousin to MND a few years ago. Listen, I'll tell the Admiral shortly, but we need a favor from you. The Alpha site has captured the Forerunner Empress, they'd like you to conduct the questioning for them." A long pause before he spoke again.

"Do that and tell them yes. I'll be there at the SGC within the hour I just left Denver not ten minutes ago. I'll see you soon okay?"

"Okay and thank you. See you then." She pushed 'hang up' on the desktop, then pressed the Admiral's intercom. "Admiral, its Lieutenant Brownwell sir. The NID has taken into custody two people, a man and a boy who had been making overtures towards exposing the Stargate program. The man is a reporter from the Colorado Sun, the boy is 16 sir and suffers from Motor Neurone Disease. I know it sounds bizarre sir but apparently they had a lot of very sensitive data sir." She stopped to let him take that on board. "On top of that, the Alpha site has requested we have Agent Barrett go to them so that he can conduct the questioning of the Forerunner Empress sir."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #773 on: June 13, 2018, 09:50:20 PM »

While waiting for the Admiral, Cheryl began dialing the Alpha site back. It was by now a fully automatic response for her, not even bothering to go through the normal procedures, she simply hit the new 'redial' tab on her keyboard. Once the connection was established, she sent her message. "Miki, I've spoken to Agent Barrett, he says yes and will be here within an hour."

*Radio*

"Understood Cheryl, that is pleasing news. I'll inform them immediately. Oh and the MCU is enroute back to the SGC, I'll need to shut down and redial."

The MCU, about time Cheryl thought. Although she wasn't privy to where they'd be sent next. "Copy that. SGC out."

After a very short wait, the gate dialed in again.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #774 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:42 AM »

"Tell Agent Barrett to proceed to the Alpha Site ricky tick. And then tell the NID I want the reporter in the brig and the kid taken to Medical. I'll deal with the former in a minute."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #775 on: June 14, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »

MCU-1
Captain Harley Lawler - USMC
1st Lieutenant John Spencer - USMC
1st Lieutenant Alexander Ramirez - USAF
Lieutenant JG Jane Iles - USN
Gunnery Sergeant Bradley Cooper - USMC
Staff Sergeant Tony Espisito - USMC
Sergeant Patrick Rayes - USMC
Sergeant Ruby Miranda - USMC
HM Corpsman 2nd Class Timmothy O’Brian - USN
Corporal Martin Grant - USMC
Corporal Harold McGraw - USMC
Corporal Josh Patterson - USMC
HM Corpsman 3rd Class Stephen Edwards - USN
Lance Corporal Pablo Garcia - USMC
Lance Corporal Karl Abraham - USMC
Lance Corporal Thomas James - USMC
Lance Corporal William O’Hera - USMC
Lance Corporal Robert Simpson - USMC
Lance Corporal Walter Manning - USMC

The team came through the gate two by two. Of course unaware of the change in command they went in to their SOP mode as Harley turned to them.
"You guys know the drill. Officers, Gunny, Espo and O'Brian with me. Everybody else sort the gear out." She said dropping her gear, as the others she had named out did to, and their plate carriers, though they kept their pistols. Still on the clock, and as they were on the base they were a sort of extension of SGC security. Once they had de-cluttered themselves they turned and made their way out of the gate room whilst the others lugged the rest of their gear away.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #776 on: June 14, 2018, 11:55:01 PM »

Time, it was always and forever a matter of time. "Yes sir, I'll tell him as soon as he arrives and sir, I can see on my CCTV monitor the Agents car has pulled into the car park. I'll send two SF's down to meet them now." Cheryl went through the auto cue stations on her messenger board, found the right one then typed out a quick instruction sending it to the security office.

"They didn't even say hello?" Her face saddened when the MCU just marched off.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #777 on: June 21, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »

<From Car Park>

The time passed swiftly for Cheryl, she took that waiting period to do some of her other duties which thankfully she was able to achieve with her desktop and of course her own unique security codes. She began with the base pays, then working down through to the Alpha site, Atlantis, several other off world locations and lastly the ships of the SGC fleet. She was always amazed at the number of personnel they had for what was supposed to be an organization so secret that many in Government weren't even aware of it. Thankfully a large part of the finance for Stargate operations was now coming through off world trading, effectively they were now so independent that the funds being channeled through the DoD and IOA was miniscule. One of the more amusing things was the amount of money many of the staff were accumulating in their bank accounts with some of the SG team members hardly at home for months on end. Many of those were virtual millionaires; that made her smile because in the end it was all worthwhile in them keeping Earth safe.

She closed the computer down to take a rest, her eyes were starting to water, reminding herself that she had an appointment to see the Opthamologist at the Academy Hospital this week; she knew she needed glasses, but had chosen instead to have surgery done to correct the problem. It was as she had been musing on that topic when a visitor made his presence known. "Hello Malcolm, that was quick. I take it you broke the speed limit in a few places?"

Malcolm took a seat next to her smiling. "Yes and no. It helps at times to be driving a government Chevy with all the bells and whistles, I used that to good effect to get through a few choke points."

"Oh please don't tell me, sirens and lights?" She laughed.

"Yep, the full monty. Now, about our prisoner on the Alpha site, what can you tell me?" He placed his brief case on the desk.

"Nothing, nada, zero. I only know vaguely that she is not human and carries a title of Empress of her people."

"Wow, Michelle doesn't muck around with who she chooses to through in the cells does she? Alright then, dial it up and I'll be on my way." He grabbed his case, gave her a peck on the cheek as an Uncle would to his niece, as he had done before. (Groveling Cheryl thought, the NID pay went through her as well) "I'll see you when I get back then." And he left for the gate room.

"Bye." She liked him anyway, although way too old for her. A moment later the gate was dialed before he disappeared.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #778 on: June 26, 2018, 06:31:53 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green
First Lieutenant Charlotte Summers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter

SG-12 came through the open wormhole from Pegusus. Fred was the last through and gave Cheryl a wave from the ramp. He then headed to the base of the ramp.
"Okay Ladels and Jellyspoons. Who wants to come see the Air Vice Marshel with me?" He said unaware of the change in command on the base. Charlotte decided to step up.
"I'll come sir."

Fred nodded.
"Cool. Come on Left-enent." He said as he removed his plate carrier and placed it on the floor. Keeping his belt and leg kit on along with his Hoodie and commando green beret. Once Charlotte had removed her tactical vest and handed over her L22 to Harly. Before the Captain and CSM took their kit and left as Fred and Charlotte headed up to the commanders office.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #779 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:38 AM »

It is now September 26th 2011, 0730
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59

lethal-pageant