Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square~Foreston  (Read 7641 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

<Markets>

Flynn shook her head a bit. "I feel like I'm back in a small town and nothing can be hidden," she smiled.  That's the type of town she had grown up in and she felt right at home in this place as well.  Of course Rachel and Kaylan were certainly helping that respect.

Flynn looked at the rest of the jewelry.  There were so many gorgeous pieces.  She could so see herself coming back to this stall before she returned home.  She looked over at Rachel, having no idea that the two had worked in cahoots to get her here.  Although she did wonder if her friend was going to buy anything.  "Oh, Rach!  you have to get them," she said excitedly.  The earrings were lovely and would match Rachel perfectly.  Flynn carefully took the wrapped necklace, not wanting anything to happen to it.  Now she just needed pockets or a shoulder bag like she always carried.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 10:45:35 PM »

<Markets>

"I wish I did, this is so much how I wish my life could have been." Rachel told her honestly. Her home life wasn't the best, it could have been better but it simply wasn't. She looked at the earrings for a whole minute making up her mind, Kaylan all the while trying not to stare to hard at Flynn. He certainly was doing a lousy job of it.

{Kaylan Sol} NPC

"You can have them at cost my Lady Rachel. I've made a good profit today and I'm feeling very happy, all thanks be to you both." He told her.

"Cost? And that would be?" She asked.

"350 Rouls, that's what I paid the craftsman for them. I have the receipts." He replied.

Rachel did a quick calculation in her head. That was about 200 dollars in her money and it was more than worth it. "Deal, I'll take them." She rummaged around in her pockets, searching for her wallet and after a lengthy moment, found it in the side pocket of her pants. Rachel handed over her card and with a well practiced flourish using the Earthern technology, Kaylan had finalised the payment.

That done, he wrapped them as he did for Flynn, handing the smaller package over. "You should visit the leathersmith next my Ladies, he has some wonderful items I am sure you both will be impressed with."
Kaylan was of course doing his best for his brethren, nothing less than would be done back home.

"That is an excellent idea. What do you think Flynn? We do that and then eat?" She asked.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »

<Markets>

Flynn glanced at her friend.  The wistful tone of Rachel's voice surprised her.  It sounded like her friend must have had a rough life and she decided then and there that she would help Rachel any way she could.  She also couldn't help but notice Kaylan watching her and wondered why.  She still didn't find herself as anything special.

Flynn grinned and wanted to clap her hands when Rachel agreed to the earrings. "You're going to look great in those, Rachel," she said cheerily.  And she had to admit, she was anxious to try the necklace on too. 

She nodded.  "Sounds like a good idea to me.  I can hold off on eating a bit longer," she grinned.  "Thank you, Kaylan," she told the boy. "For all your help."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »

<<From Base>>

It would now seem like home, of course it would to both girls. The smell of hay and horse under their noses would only serve to remind them of where they both came from and that was a good thing; it kept them grounded. The little sulky and its pony were ready for them when they got to the stables, only this time getting in was somewhat a practiced routine, it didn't stop the giggling though.

Rachel handled the vehicle as if she were born to it and they were still a mile out from town when a local pulled alongside of them in a similar set up. It was a young woman about 17, dressed for the fair. She didn't say a word, but her look said everything. Rachel took it as a challenge. "Flynn, what do you think? Our sweet little pony against that old nag?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 08:39:26 AM »

<<From Base>>

Flynn loved being back in the barn.  If there was one thing that could calm her down no matter the circumstances it was being around the horses.  They always seemed to understand her and knew when she needed the comfort.  It wasn't any different here and she loved being around them.  She giggled though as they both got into the sulky.  It still wasn't the easiest, but it was getting easier.

Flynn glanced over at the other sulky, surprised to see someone else on the road.  Not that it should have surprised her really.  A smile lit up her face. "oh yeah," she giggled. "Go for it!"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 12:15:32 AM »

It may have been small, but the little pony was a thoroughbred through and through. Small head, lean well defined body and long muscled legs. "We're about a mile out or so." Rachel said with glee. The only drawback was her own weight and she was conscious of that; she would stop if she saw the pony struggling. A loud whistle escaped from her lips, a flick of the reins and a "Heeyah!" The sulky pulled out like a sports car at full acceleration and the race was on in fury.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »

Flynn had known her fair share of ponies growing up and they were workhorses.  Didn't get winded over much and surprisingly speedy little things.  It appeared their little pony was the same as Rachel gave the signals to go.  Flynn giggled as the wind whipped through her hair.  It wasn't quite the same as sitting astride the horse, but she had missed the wind in her hair and the feel of racing the wind.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »

Luckily for Flynn and to an extent Rachel as well, that the road was hard packed and relatively smooth, considering it wasn't anything like back on Earth. This pony, wasn't the same one as before, Rachel realised that soon after they started, although the same colour, this one definintely had a larger rump and was more game to the sport. He pulled on the reins as if he wanted more and she let him, getting out a rapid "This is awesome!" from the side of her mouth, trying not to lose focus.

The two sulkies raced over the road, dust and dirt flying from hooves and wheels as they went. Soon they reached the town maker that told them they had only moments to slow down and quickly the tops of the buildings came into view. At the last four hundred yards, Rachel glanced behind to see their compainion had already given up the race and had brought her horse and rig to a halt. She slowed down their own pony gently, it did take him another few yards than expected though, coming to a stop right at the first row of shops and the beginning of the cobble stones. She was sweating, but the pony wasn't, and that in itself said a lot. "Amazing." That was all she could say to Flynn. "I think at the end of the day, you can drive." She laughed heartily.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »

Flynn was laughing outright as the pony raced down the road.  she couldn't recall the last time she had had so much fun.  Of course lately all she had been able to think about was what had happened with the Borg.  For the moment though she was lost in the wind and powerful strides of the pony.  She was almost sorry when they had to pull up, but was also pleasantly surprised when she realized the pony wasn't at all winded.

"Wow, this little guy has a lot of stamina," she commented.    That was impressive.  Flynn's eyes lit up.  "Ooh, that sounds like fun.  I would like to try."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 01:36:33 AM »

Flynn's face was flushed red, which was pretty much how Rachel felt her own face was right now as she finally managed to pull the small gelding up. He was though pulling at the bit, he wasn't finished, but his human companions were. "Easy there boy." She said to him reassuringly, knowing the intelligence of the local horses, Rachel knew he would understand and he did; coming to a gentle stop near the pub of all places. "He does, gosh, I am winded and all we did was sit." She said laughing. "Come on, lets get this day done. I can't wait to see the look on your face when you see the fair." Rachel climbed out, walking a little shakily around to Flynn's side and offering her arms up to help her out.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »

Flynn couldn't believe how happy and alive she felt at the moment.  Horses could always do that for her.  Later she would probably have dreams again, but for now she was happy.  She giggled when she saw where the little gelding had stopped.  'Think he's trying to tell us something?" she asked, gesturing to the building.  Flynn was a bit unsteady as Rachel helped her down, but she finally managed to get her legs under her. "Sheesh.  You would think we just ran that race," she said with a shake of her head. "Ooh, I'm looking forward to seeing the fair."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »

Of course, there was the giggling in getting Flynn out as usual, that seemed to be part and parcel of the routine now. "You know.." Rachel began as she propped Flynn's crutches under her arms. "We don't give animals enough credit do we Flynn? I mean especially these horse here. I've seen some amazing things in my time, but these.....they all but talk. I think we shall take up his hint don't you? I could use a pint before we see the sights"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 08:48:27 AM »

They were getting better at maneuvering, but with the dresses it made things a bit more difficult.  Of course neither seemed to mind as they were both laughing by the end.  The horse cocked his ear and stared at them as if saying' 'what is your problem' which only made Flynn giggle more.  "No, we don't," she agreed. 'And they do seem to talk in their own way."  She looked up at the pub. "I'm certainly not opposed to it.  I could use a drink."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »

<The Blacksmiths Arms Pub>

"You told me you didn't have much chance to talk to Josile. I hope you will before your time is up here Flynn, that woman does talk to them and though I was skeptical, she said they do respond in their own way." There was more to it than that, these horses of the El Cavalieros were like a race of their own, working with the humans rather than for them. "They treat them like family and I'm sure they feel the same from what I've seen."

They walked the few yards to the pub, from the outside all seemed quiet, that is until they stepped inside. Men and Women, dressed in their Worship Day finery, were enjoying themselves and rather loudly. A band played in one corner, people danced and the drinks flowed. Rachel began to sway a little to the music; to people from Earth, it would have sounded like traditional celtic music, with fiddles and their own versions of banjos and mandolins. "Come on." She had to say loudly. "Lets get those drinks, we still have some time yet." Already her face was flushed.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »

Flynn shook her head.  She hadn't really had a chance to speak with any of the natives.  She had only been at the Alpha Site a short time before... She quickly dropped that thought before she started trembling again.  She was going to enjoy this day.  "Really?  Well I look forward to meeting her.  I used to talk to my mate all the time and there were times I was sure she understood what I said."  She smiled a bit.  The horses here certainly seemed different from the horses back home.

Flynn followed Rachel into the pub.  She was shocked by how many people were inside.  It had seemed so quiet when they walked up.  She smiled though as she listened to the music, wishing she was able to dance.  Of course being on crutches wasn't going to allow her to do that.  "Right behind you," she answered, making her way through the crowd.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

lethal-pageant