Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square~Foreston  (Read 6657 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 03:00:06 AM »

"Josile is a fascinating person Flynn, you'll love her. These people keep much of their histories in their heads, like they pass it on from generation to generation." Rachel told her over the noise and din as they approached the bar. "Not that they don't write it down of course, the library they have here is immense, fine if you speak their native tongue" She giggled at that, Rachel had tried and falied miserably, it was a difficult`language, a very ancient form of something in between Latin, Ancient and Portugese.

"Miss McAdams, a pleasant day to you." The barkeep said brightly as they drew near. "This would be our young heroine I take it?" The old man said again.

Rachel looked at Flynn and grinned. Word spreads in these parts. "Yes Ginty, this is Flynn Hart. Flynn, this is Ginty, he doesn't have a last name, or so he says." She laughed.

"I do young Miss, but I'm so old I've forgotten it. Well met Flynn, what will you two ladies have?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 06:03:12 PM »

"Well, I hope to be able to meet her sometime then," she smiled.  Flynn was impressed that they were able to keep their histories all in their heads.  "Hmm, maybe I'll see about at least learning their language.  Might not be able to speak it, but maybe at least understand it.'  Flynn would be laid up for a bit with her leg, so it would give her something to do.

Flynn flushed a bit, but then smiled.  She was not used to ones hearing the news so fast.  And she still didn't see herself as a hero.  She had just done what she needed to to stay alive. "Good to meet you, Ginty.  Hmm, what do you recommend?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:44 AM »

"You will. If Jordan is back as I suspect, then Josile will be to and she has to preside over the fair....when we get there." Rachel said cheerfully, drawing a bar stool up for her friend. "The understanding I get, its getting your tongue around some of the inflections in the words. Like playing twister with your mouth really." She gave Ginty a stare that said he'd better not shoot her down on that score.

{Ginty-Bar keep} NPC

"A pleasure Miss. " He said, bowing his shiny balding head. "Hmmm, you want to be standing to enjoy the fair and if you've not eaten, I would recommend some Porto and fresh crusty bread, wouldn't you Rachel?"

"Oh indeed yes. The 'Porto' is much like our own Port, only not as lethal, kids drink it here and their bread, to die for, straight out of the oven."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:11:02 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »

"Then perhaps I will see her while we're out," Flynn smiled.  Everyone seemed so nice here.  Flynn smiled gratefully as she sank onto the stool.  Standing for long periods of time were still really hard on her. "Hmm, I see.  Well, I still think it would be fun to see if I can at least pick up a couple words.  I'm gonna have some down time with this leg anyhow."

Flynn nearly clapped her hands together.  "Ooh, that sounds wonderful.  Must say, bread is my biggest downfall.  I love it so much."  And she was certainly hungry if she thought about it.  Besides, who could say no to fresh bread?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »

{NPC=Joarm Metska}

A man named Joarm Metska wandered in the bar. He was the son of a blacksmith and an apprentice. He also had a slight scar on the side of his neck. As he walked through a bunch of other people headed the bar, he sat down on the stool. Turning around to the side, he noticed Rachel and her friend so he spoke up, "Hello Rachel. Who's your friend?"

I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »

"Mine to, I think I lo..." She paused midsentence when a friend turned up. That wasn't to be unexpected, Rachel probably knew 90% of the Town's people, as one of her duties was to run the town clinic and young Joarm (pronounced Jorm) was a frequent visitor, given his trade as a blacksmiths apprentice. "Joarm!" She said gleefully. "I haven't seen you for....at least a week. This is my bestie and number one patient, Flynn Hart." She told him. "Flynn this is Joarm Metska, his dad runs three blacksmith shops, quite the businessman. Ginty, we'll have the Porto and a mug of dark ale for Joarm to...with the bread." It would be fascinating to see Flynn's reaction to that. It was in fact garlic bread, their own variety and it was a little spicy as well.

{Ginty-Bar keep} NPC

"Coming right up Lass." He said in reply. "There is an empty table by the window. My girl will bring it over to you." Ginty called up the orders and one of his barmaids confirmed with a sweet sing song reply.

"Come on, the window seat will be prefect." As she spoke, the end of her words were drowned out by the City's air raid siren and from that point, everyone stopped. There was no panic at all, people promptly left and Ginty, began giving out orders.

"Everyone to your posts. Militia, you know what to do. Some of you are aiding our Earthen brethren on the missile stations, young Rachel." He shouted.. "Joarm, make sure they get back to thebase and do it quickly. You there.." He sighted one of the base Marines, dressed in the local fashion.

"Sir?" The youngster replied.

"Did you walk or come with a vehicle son?"

"Humvee sir, two of us here....um no, the Sarg is.." He had no idea where his sergeant had gone, although he did see him talking to a fine young woman earlier.

"Don't bother looking for him. Convey Miss Rachel and Miss Hart back to base. Joarm, go in back and draw weapons, there are Earth weapons there for you." He promptly left, tearing off his apron and running full tilt into the street; issuing even more orders.

The marine left his table, stopped near Rachel, Flynn and Joarm for a moment. "Ma'am, I'll be outside with the humvee in three minutes." He left then as well.

By this time, Rachel's head was almost bursting, she had planned such a lovely day. "I'm sorry Flynn." She said sadly.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »

Flynn smiled at the young man. 'Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Joarm."  She giggled a bit, feeling like she was back in a little town where everyone knew everyone.  It was kind of nice.  She missed small town living.  big cities were not for her and the SGC was huge as well.  Being on the Saggitta had been different as they all felt like family, but she wouldn't be back there anytime soon with her leg.

Before Flynn could thank Ginty the siren went off.  She looked over at Rachel, having no idea what was going on.  no one was panicking, so she didn't think she needed to, but what was happening?  Humvee?  Return to base?  "What is going on?" she asked Rachel, glancing at Joarm who was still close by.  She hadn't even had a chance to talk with the young man and wasn't she supposed to be meeting, oh, darn, she couldn't even remember his name at the moment.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »

{Joarm Metzka}

He nodded at Flynn and was about to respond when someone behind him barked him an order. He let out a grunt and shrugged responding, "Apologies, Flynn. It was nice meeting you briefly. We should have a drink sometimes."

He nodded respectfully and turned towards the back of the bar to get his weapons.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 02:19:08 AM »

There was no panic on Rachel's face, no alarm, only the sadness that their day at the fair was kiboshed as Annie would say. She wasn't disappointed for herself, she'd been to the fair almost every Sunday since she first arrived, no her heart went out to Flynn, as Rachel had put so much store in this day to help her friend get passed those gloomy thoughts and memories. "It's not a drill I can tell that much. I won't alarm you Flynn, but it could be anything from a Goa'uld to a random raider. We've had a few of those." She put her hand on Flynn's shoulder. "We'll be okay, we've got a big hulking blacksmith to watch over us and besides, bunkered down in the base, its the safest place in the galaxy."

She cupped her hand to her mouth as Joarm went for his weapons. "Joarm, be quick. We'll wait for you here."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 10:22:18 AM »

Flynn still wasn't sure what to make of everything.  Apparently this was a common occurrence as everyone worked quickly and without panic.  Flynn shook her head a bit, barely managing not to tremble.  Memories flashed through her mind and she closed her eyes tightly to fight them. "Oh," she said softly to Rachel's explanation.  At least it was something everyone was used to and Rachel was right, they did have Joarm with them.  That helped her calm down a bit.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »

Joarm Metzka

Joarm Metzka was a full-blooded tanned apprentice blacksmith with seventeen inches worth of muscles. He was trained from a young age in the art of blacksmithing making weapons for different reasons. He was twenty-three years of age, a pretty young age for a strong blacksmith. He had short brown hair and was around six feet tall. He also had blue eyes that seemed to match his hair in an usual way.

Taking the sidearm and a rifle, he placed the pistol into his pocket and carried the rifle along heading back outside. He went around and reentered the bar where Rachel was waiting for him.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:38:32 PM by Greenhorn »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 11:56:46 PM »

The moment Joarm had returned, Rachel was already standing at Flynn's side, they had to be quick and with the poor girl still on crutches it was going to be slow. She chanced a look out the window and saw the anxious young marine, all decked out in his Sunday best, sitting at the wheel of a Humvee by the curb; it was then Rachel had one of her brain storms. Joarm was a big boy, he was built like, as her mother would say, a brick sh*t house and just as tall. "Flynn, we've little time. Joarm, I'll carry your weapons, I'd like you to carry Flynn to our vehicle...please." She added, she had no doubt he wouldn't agree, but then he'd probably try and bribe her to fixing up one of his cats again as well in return.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2014, 09:16:36 AM »

Flynn felt jittery and wished she could just run.  Of course with crutches and a messed up leg there was no way that was going to happen.  She did feel a bit better though when Joarm returned.  At least they weren't on their own now with no weapons.  Her fingers itched to have some sort of weapon, just to be on the save side.  Her eyes widened though at Rachel's suggestion. "Oh, ah, well..." she fumbled, glancing at Joarm.  Poor boy probably didn't expect that at all.  Flynn's shoulders slumped.  "Whatever is for the best," she finally said.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2014, 06:27:42 PM »

"Flynn, we've little time. Joarm, I'll carry your weapons, I'd like you to carry Flynn to our vehicle...please."

Joarm gulped as he looked at Rachel and then Flynn. He blushed a little and responded, "Ahh, umm, carry her?"

Heh, umm He thought to himself trying to assess or address the situation as looked between the two of them. Realizing that time was short, he decided to buck up and carry Flynn anyways. He placed the strap of the weapon across his shoulder and hung the rifle on his back. Then he approached Flynn and responded a little bit shy, "Umm, can I carry you to the vehicle?"

Truth is, he is shy when carrying women like that or even touching them. He couldn't even get a date himself because all he ever does is work in the blacksmith making weapons. Nothing else. So he is shy, but because of the situation that calls for it, he would have to go ahead and carry her to the vehicle.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:32:27 PM by Greenhorn »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 01:24:00 AM »

It was an awkward moment, again a little wobble and shake from Flynn, but in quick time, Joarm's strong blacksmith arms had her lifted and ready to go. Rachel picked up the crutches and weapons, handling those last as if they were a viper (she was a Nurse after all) then led the other two out to the waiting Humvee; she opened the rear door, placed the things she carried in behind the back seat, then waited for the others. Strangely, the street was empty now, it was an eerie sight compared to when they arrived. She wondered if their little horse had been safely taken somewhere.

"Pick it up Jorsh, at this rate it'll be dinner time before you get Flynn in." Yes even in dire straights, Rachel could still find something to laugh at and her friends were a sight to see right now.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

lethal-pageant