Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office  (Read 10193 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Base Commander's Office
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »

| Located to the right side of the Stargate when coming into Atlantis, the Base Commander's Office can be accessed through the Control Room via the gangway/catwalk. The current Base Commander is Richard Woolsey. There are a few plants, and actual paper files as well as a few chairs and not much personal decor in the office |
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:51:29 PM by Mandi »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Atlantis Base Commander's Office
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »

{Colonel Cameron Mitchell} NPC

{Richard Woolsey}

"Just the two of you?" Richard asked. Cam had come to him only a few moments ago with a request from Doctor Olofsson to take a look at some desolate world one of the other teams had surveyed recently. Although no first contact or intelligent life forms were discovered, the reports were rather glowing on the wildlife; that and one ruined alien ship, not of Wraith design. "Wouldn't you rather wait until Ronon and Teyla were back from the mainland Colonel?" He asked

Cam remained standing, he of choice, wanted to spend as little time on base as possible and even less with Woolsey. Not that he had anything against the man personally, it was just Cam's view the job should be done by someone from the military, not a suit from the IOA. "You know those Athosian ceremonies sir, they could be days. Its been quiet, we've not seen much activity for a while, but if you like, I could ask Doctor Montale to come along, I'm sure she'd love to check out that ship." It was a long shot, but worth it.

Richard looked up, sighed and basically caved in. "Very well, but take a couple of Marines with you please Colonel."

"Thank you Sir." Cam left it at that, took two steps backwards, then left promptly in search of the good doctor.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:33:46 PM by MelsMum »

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:16:26 AM »

<<from Lorne's Quarters>>

Lorne walked through the Control Room with a steady pace and a satisfied smile on his face, the folders with the personnel's files under his left arm, and stopped right on the door of Woolsey's office.
"Mr. Woolsey" he called out without entering the room  "I have some good news for you...."
He stood right there, waiting to be invited in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:34:08 PM by MelsMum »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »

{Richard Woolsey}

The man was still trying to decide if he had made the right decision in allowing Mitchell to lead such a small team and with only two SF personnel to back him up to Tur Salanus. While true, Doctor Zelenka and his team had deemed it safe for further research, that group consisted of three combat teams and as many as eleven other personnel. Maybe he was nervous, maybe not. He simply didn't wish to think of the consequences if anything should happen to two of Doctor McKays top science officers. Shoving the dark thoughts aside for a moment, he focused on reports of Wraith activity, when Lorne appeared.

"Come in Major, I could do with some good news. Take a seat will you please." He replied, looking over his glasses.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
Re: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:28:32 AM »

"Yes sir." Lorne nodded thankfully, took a seat in front of Woolsey and placed the folders he was carrying on the boss' desk in front of himself.
"I'm done with these, sir" he said, pushing the papers towards the commander.
"I have found a suitable replacement for sergeant O'Reilly, 1st Lieutenant Nicholas Klose, USAF."
Evan frowned slightly, wondering for a second wheter or not he was making a mistake, but quickly dismissed that thought.
"It'll nedd some work, since this is actually his first real SG assignment, but I'm confident we can easily manage that, he's not that fresh out of the Academy..."
He stood up formally.
"My team is ready, sir, whenever you need us."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 06:49:13 PM »

Captain Samuel Williams

Sam walked across the landing but stopped just out side the door way of the commanders office. He stood aside and at ease waiting for Mr Woolsey to finish talking to Major Lorne.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »

{Richard Woolsey}

"Hmmm, he reads well enough Major. But you know the allotment of military personnel is Colonel Sheppard's call, or for the moment  Colonel Mitchell. Sandra O'Reilly is as far as I know one of our best NCO's, mind telling me why you wish to replace her?" Richard was curious, not that he could really say much on it of course. The make up of teams is really up to the leader of each team and only the military CO had the final input. He looked over his glasses at Captain Williams, putting his hand up to indicate he wouldn't be long.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 03:50:22 AM »

"Unfortunately, sir, it was not my call... Lorne lowered his head disappointed "She is the one who asked to be reassigned.
He still had to accept that choice himself, the last thing he needed was Woolsey to remind him how poor a leader he was; but, at least the disaster was not complete: no one had mentioned how many time he had to rely on his commanding officer to pull his men and him out of troubles.... yet....

He frowned a little at Richard's misunderstanding
"I know, sir, and I will report to Colonel Mitchell as soon as he is back, but protocol states that the commander of the expediton has to be aware of the unavailability of any team, be it miltary or civilian.
I was just here to inform you, sir."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »

{Richard Woolsey}

"Oh well then Major, that does change things for you doesn't it. Very well, I'll support your decision and make the recommendation to Colonel Mitchell when he returns." There was something Richard needed a team to do and it was something that had a rather urgent note to it. "I'm sure he'll approve, since he has to take each team leaders choices as a given in any case unless there are mitigating circumstances. The Eldari have been calling for someone to set up talks between us, I think that is well within your filed of expertise Major."

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 05:03:00 AM »

Lorne acknowledged Woolsey's request; yes, he had had more than a fair share of diplomatic missions, but how may of them ended up with Colonel Sheppard and his team saving their sorry a**es from every sort of ambushes, traps, betrayals, or, his favourite, genii spies?
He sighed in resignation: it was his job, after all, and one he wouldn't have traded with others in the universe....
"Yes, it is, sir. I'll have my team ready to leave in less than one hour." He said, and turned to leave.

Thing about it, he realized he wasn't that familiar with the Eldari: he knew they were a hyper-advanced faction of Asgard that liked to pose themselves as Elves, but he never had business with them....
"Any last minute's tips on how to deal with them?" he said stopping in mid-track and turning his head back to the man.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:23 PM »

{Richard Woolsey}

"Yes, don't stare at them. Treat them as you would anyone else. They have gone to great lengths to make us feel that they are not a unique entity in the grand scheme of things, even though that is exactly the opposite you will see." Richard was standing now, moving to the front of his desk, picking up files as he did so.

"Major, I can't impress on you the importance of this mission. For the last few hundred years, the Eldari have kept to themselves for the greater part, not getting involved into the affairs of others. But this has changed and I for one, would not wish to be on their bad side should we get caught in the middle of a fracas that brought them into any conflict." What else could he add? "Oh yes, warm clothing, they do like the cold. I can only hope by now they have moved the Stargate indoors."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 05:58:02 PM »

Captain Samuel Carter

Sam nodded to Woolsey and turned around, pulling out his tin of roll up fags he started to but the cigarettes together, tobacco, filter, paper, roll. He repeated this process several times with the skill of an experienced man. He sighed as he looked down at the gate. After making a little under 10 fags he put them all in the tin and pocketed it before turning around

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »

"Yes sir, will do" Lorne acknowledged respectfully.
He undestood the importance of of such a mission, considering that Atlantis greatly lacked in powerful allies...
He exited the office, and nodded at the English Captain. "Williams"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 05:31:15 PM »

Capt Samuel Williams.

"Major."
Nodded Sam as he stepped in to the door way of the commanders office

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 07:01:39 PM »

{Richard Woolsey}

"Take a seat please Sam. What is it you wish to talk about?" Richard asked curiously as he watched Lorne depart. Silently he prayed this diplomatic mission would go somewhat smoother than his last.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19