Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office  (Read 10421 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »

Capt Samuel Williams

Sam walked in and stood to attention at the front of Mr Woolsey's desk, ever since he had sorted him self out he decided that the correct protocal should be followed, which included standing to attention for the base commander. "Sir," he said before standing at ease. "Well you, you normally want a debriefing after a team returns. Is, is that no longer a rule then? Should, should I go?" He said looking over his shoulder.  He was of course being sarcastic. Sam couldn't help it. A battle with depression, a serious battle, which wasnt helped by his access to weapons, had tought him to enjoy the little things, and that included the teasing the base commander.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 06:23:39 PM »

<Control Platform>

{Chuck Campbell} NPC

Sipping coffee and reading some daily notes, Chuck was distracted, but not completely. The sound of the dialing gate made him sit up sharply and his hand went immediately to close the iris. Colonel Mitchell's IDC came through the second the wormhole settled.

*radio*

"Atlantis, this is Mitchell. We have a situation here and I'll need some backup immediately. One KIA'd, one alien ship and a flood akin to Noah's. I'd elaborate but I need to get back to what's left of my team."

"Copy that Colonel. Stand by." Chuck told him in reply. He then spoke to Richard via his console desk phone. "Mr Woolsey sir, Colonel Mitchell from MX5-473. He sounds rather anxious."

{Richard Woolsey}

"Of course not Captain, of course not. How did it go?" Naturally Richard wanted to know everything, that was his business and he wasn't about to change that even if a little of the bases casual attitude had crept in now and then. His mouth was open to speak when Chuck called him. "A moment Captain."

"Put it on speaker please Chuck."

A click of a button and the message was relayed to him. "Colonel Mitchell, this is Woolsey. Are you under threat? Should the mission be aborted?"

"Hell no sir. Well at least not now and we're in too deep to abort now. One of the Doctors may be injured as well. Sir, just one team and a body bag, there should have been more of us to begin with."

The tone told him Mitchell was quite serious and for Richard it took only a second to weigh it up. "You heard that Captain? You can debrief me later. Get your team assembled again and proceed to MX5-473. Grab a body bag from the Medical section as well and alert the Doctors as well that we may need their assistance." He spoke again to Cameron.

"Colonel Mitchell, help will be on the way."

"Thank you sir. Mitchell out."

Richard looked up at Samuel, his expression was grim. "You have your orders Samuel. Radio Colonel Mitchell the moment you arrive please." He would of course have some debate from the British Captain, but Richard would deal with it.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

Capt Samuel Williams

"Aye sir. on it."
he said as he turned and ran out of the office with no formality, he pulled his radio from his BDU pocket.
"AR-7 grab your gear and a body bag and meet me in the gate room now. Oh and somebody grab my kit." he added as he skipped a few steps on his way down to the gate room, he may be old but he wasnt unfit.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »

Walking towards his quarters, Lorne tapped into his comms.
"Suzuki, Kemp, Klose, meet me in the armory in one hour, we're going out. Full winter gear, reports say it's going to be freezing cold out there."

>>To Lorne's quarters>>

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »

<From Control Room>

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I'll get the full briefing from Colonel Mitchell. You may go Doctor Olofsson." That was about all he would give the young woman; for in Richard's world he still saw her as something of an oddity. Although she was more than qualified to do her job, he found her to be lacking maturity for the most part and far too aggressive in her personality for the rest. "By the way Doctor, those two Capybara like creatures of yours have escaped again. Either keep them secure or get rid of them."

His eyes then fell on the exotic looking woman, something about her itched the back of his mind. "Please come in Miss Sanita, you can leave your weapon with Doctor Olofsson. It will be safe in our armory." She may well protest about it, although the only other choice she had was to go back through the gate if she refused.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »

Ashtah's response to Olofsson is restrained to a simply brow raise and a very hint of amusement. As she observes Woolsey, there is something about his demeanour that endears him to her. Not like the two military men below who threatened her life earlier. This man was clearly not military. Which was a good thing, if the other two were any indication of what their soldiers were like. Seriously. Pointing weapons at an obviously injured single person who posed no threat otherwise? What were they thinking?

When the man tells her to hand over her weapon, on instinct, her hand moves to the butt of the gun and she feels apprehensive about doing so. But seeing  that neither the woman, nor the man - who she was certain was the leader of these people - were armed or seemed threatening, she obliges and sets the safety on it before handing it over.

"Be gentle with her. She has a habit of biting back if you're not careful. I've deactivated the firing mechanism, but ... " She offers the friendly warning as both a joke and a serious warning. "I've lost a few good ones because of minor flaws in their build." It was certainly not up to the standards of the pulse weapon it was based on belonging to the Travelers. But it certainly works well. A twinge where her own injuries from enemy guns had made contact makes her wince as she hands the weapon over. Ashtah watches the woman leave before turning to the man.

"Please, Sanita. It is - was - my title on my home planet. I told your people nothing more about me out of fear for both our safeties." She explains to the man. Realising that she no longer held that title, she begins to doubt its relevance. Her demeanour towards this man is far less confrontational than it was towards the soldiers earlier. There's something to be said for not threatening someone's life on your first meeting.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 06:38:29 PM »

Melinda tilted her head a little, she rarely spoke in Woolsey's presence. The old man reminded her too much of her of one those University Professors who went about the campus life quietly, but carried a very big stick. Frankly, he made her nervous and all her self confidence she had tried to build over the years went straight over the cafe balcony railing when she was around him. "Sir, Melman and Gloria are....I'll take care of them sir." She was about to say harmless, yeah right. They were, except they had this rather amusing habit of trying to hump everyone's leg. Taking the woman's weapon, all so gently and handling it as if it were a viper, Mel back away saying quietly. "No one will touch it... see you later." Then she left, picking up speed as she went.

<<Melinda to Armory then Cafe>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »

"And make sure you clean up any mess they leave behind." There were times random stray thoughts slipped out unbeknown to the speaker. In this case for Richard it was barely audible to anyone save his guest, with the likelihood she had absolutely no idea whatsoever he was mumbling about. So as always, Richard composed himself as if nothing had happened, carrying on with his usual candour. "I doubt very much you'll have anything to fear with your weapon Miss-." he left that open, hoping the next thing she said was to state her name beyond any question. The last thing Richard needed right now was any form of ambiguity on the part of some stranger dropping in on them.

For the moment, he had summed her up in the first instance as being of no harm to Atlantis, yet as he has all too often found, first assessments regularly proved the initial determination wrong. "So perhaps then we should start from the beginning, since I won't know any more until I can debrief Colonel Mitchell. Oh and please sit down, I don't need a crick in my neck to add to my problems today." His hand held palm outwards letting her know it was time to relax and feel a little more at ease.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »

The Ithirian woman doesn't miss the fact that the man was still fishing for a name. But at least he wasn't rude about it. Points in his favour. She's about to take a seat when she grows concerned about his neck. "Are you having problems with your neck?" She asks, not entirely sure what a 'crick' is, but she's pretty sure she can guess. The healer in her just can't be pushed back. Nor can the core goodness of her and desire to help others. She can hear Cullen teasing her about it even now, causing some pain in her heart.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »

"No I don't at the moment but I will soon if you continue to stand while we talk. I do like to look people in the eye- thank you for asking just the same." He wasn't entirely sure if this had been a good start, although Richard was more attuned than most people that cultural differences were to be considered when dealing with those from places other than Earth. "Though if you wish to stand we could do well to move to the balcony over looking the sea." He for one wouldn't mind some fresh air.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »

Ashtah suddenly realises that she's standing over the man, her height not being normal for a woman, and suddenly feels awkward and apologetic.

"I am so sorry," She says and moves to the chair. When he suggests that there is a balcony overlooking the water, she is sorely tempted to go, but feels that it might be prudent to allow the man to sit and not feel intimidated by her height. Most men who had to look up at her felt that way, at least. It was something that certainly served her well in many situations. Diplomacy was not one of them.

"No, sitting would be perferred, actually." She tells the man and takes the seat indicated earlier. The pain killers were beginning to wear off and the throbbing of her wounds was slowly increasing. Sitting would certainly alleviate that. "I only asked about your neck because I'm a healer. 'Sanita' is an ancient word meaning 'Healer' in my native tongue. It has become the title given a high ranking healer, though I'm sure I've been stripped of it now." She says cautiously, gauging his reaction. The second she arrived in the city, she realised  that these were no spies of anyone working for her home government. She hadn't seen any of their ships yet, but their technology was certainly foreign to her. That fact alone had earned them some of her trust. Not all of it, to be sure, but some. If the man wished to know more, he would ask. And were she in his place, she would.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »

Now at last they were on the same page, for that alone Woolsey displayed one of his rare smiles, although to most it would have been seen closer to a grimace. "Thank you." The man was in fact half way to standing when the answer he was looking for finally came- still the matter of a formal introduction needed to be addressed before they went any further, so he stood again, but only with the intent of leaning across his desk and extending his right hand. "I'm Richard Woolsey, leader of Earth's Atlantis mission." From here they could talk well into the afternoon, although he was fairly certain he'd be prising more information from her with a crowbar.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 08:58:02 PM »

Ashtah looks at Richard's hand, somewhat puzzled. In her experience, this was the greeting of a warrior - grasping the forearm or your comrade. Not a gesture that was unfamiliar to her in the last decade as many of the Resistance considered her a warrior, and she had always been trained in several forms of combat. She even had several of her world's warrior tattoos marking her as such. But looking at the man before her, she highly suspects that he is not considered a warrior. Not in any offense to the man or his abilities or rank, but he simply didn't seem to be the fighting type. So she surmises that he is instead offering his hand more in a way that her family and other members of government offered it to each other; a light grasping of the hands only out of respect for the others' rank. So she rises half way to reach for his hand, grasping it lightly but firmly in hers.

"Ashtah Teyanos." She tells the man after only a bit of apprehension. "Formerly of Ithir Prime, first of the Colonied Worlds." He mentions where he is from, but it does not sound even remotely familiar to her. This alone tells her that these people are not associated with anyone back home, friend or foe, and as such she was safe from being delivered back to her doomed fate. Though that didn't mean that these people were safe from her. She had no idea where she was in the system. She hopes that she is far, far from her homeworld and these people will never be forced to deal with her past.

"I honestly do not know how much I can or should tell you." She tells him. Her tone is far more relaxed than before, and is purely honest and regretful. "Though I'm sure you mean me no harm, I can't say the same for my people should they find you have been harbouring me. You see ... I was set to be executed a little over a week ago for treason." She lets the words sink in, wondering what the man's next move would be. In her experience, that statement would end any diplomatic relations or aid and land her straight in the brig. But somehow, this man seems like he would not be the type of person she would be fighting - that she had been fighting a week ago.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 05:24:02 PM »

Formalities out of the way allowed Richard to sit back down again, not that he either needed to or really wanted to- for the better part of his time as the City's commander he'd been sitting at this desk. So he listened intently to the young woman's preamble, smiling and acknowledging her at the right moments. Her name, though unfamiliar sounding to his ears, wasn't all that different to names he'd heard since leaving Earth, nor was the place she once called home. All had gone well until her last revelation. Any normal mortal in his position would have hailed the SF's immediately to take her away for more intense questioning; but Richard had found that being out here, not everything was as it appeared at first glance. His reply might help to ease her transition to normalcy, it meant nothing to Atlantis where or what her origins were, nor the reasons for her flight. "Where I come from Miss Teyanos, people have been ordered to execution for many things. Some nations on my homeworld will execute you for speaking out, or simply being different. Can we assume your sentence was under similar circumstances?"

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »

While Ashtah isn't one to give away her emotions easily - a lifetime of hiding her true intentions had turned her face into a stone unless she were in the right company - she knows that her pause at Richard's reaction to her situation would tell volumes. How could it not? A simple blink of astonishment from her opponent has given her the upper hand countless times.

"We can, yes ... " She says slowly, suspiciously, not sure how to proceed. The child within her wants to pour her heart out to this man. He seemed trustworthy enough, caring enough to hear her side of the story. But the realistic, older, wise Ashtah slaps her down and cautions her; this was a tactic often used by her government to trick criminals into confessing. Pretend to understand the person, get them to think you're agreeing with them and they'll confess to the crimes they've committed and then BAM! Into the shackles and off to the brig followed by any number of execution styles, depending on how the judges were feeling that day.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

lethal-pageant