Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office  (Read 8235 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »

Ronon stepped inside the doorway, not making any effort to be overly quiet, but just naturally padding in on nearly silent feet. It was habit, long ingrained, and he didn't see any reason to modify it.

He glanced over at the person in the chair, not recognizing her. He simply nodded once to acknowledge her presence, and set the small recorder on the corner of Woolsey's desk. They had a basic swap protocol; Ronon would record, hand it in, and Woolsey would give him the recorder he'd dropped off last time.  Straightening to his full height, he ignored the visitor.

"Reports," he said simply, and waited.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Despite Ronon's attempt at silence (or simply as a result of his own behaviour from the looks of him), Ashtah had her his approach, though barely. With her senses on full alert in a strange place, a mouse could scurry across the floor on the other side of the room and she'd hear it. Turning her head to take the man in, she is rather impressed. His stature screams warrior of the finest variety. The tattoos are definitely not decorative, like the other woman's. But the thing that catches her attention is the gun in its holster at his side. It almost catches her by surprise and suddenly, she feels a bit more comfortable with these people. Especially the man who just entered the room. Woolsey earned her respect by the fact that he didn't treat her as a threat. This one earned her respect simply by being in her presence. The gun helped, too ...

"Forgive me for possibly being rude, but .. Where did you get that weapon?" It was entirely possible that she had the man figured all wrong and he'd killed for it.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 04:38:35 PM »

Ronon's eyes flicked over to the woman when she spoke, and he turned slightly to face her. "Picked it up a long time ago," he said simply. Without taking his eyes off her, he extended one hand toward Woolsey in a gesture that clearly indicated he wanted the recorder so he could leave.

He really had no desire to engage whoever this may be in conversation. The fact that she was currently in Woolsey's office implied that she could be of consequence or interest to the expedition- but not necessarily to him. He'd wait for Sheppard to let him know if she could be trusted.

His gaze, dark, calm, and unperturbed, stayed on her face. His fingers, hovering over Woolsey's desk, twitched as he waited.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

As Ronon holds her gaze, Ashtah suppresses a grin. 'A man after my own heart.' Definitely impressed. He understood the importance of information. Normally she would turn to Woolsey, so get his reaction, but she suspects she would lose any chance of gaining the man's respect if she broke the gaze so she holds it, calm expression on her face, a very slight nod to acknowledge his reaction, an indication that she understands that he won't tell her and his reasons.

"Interesting," She responds, not flinching once under the stare, or giving any indication that his height might bother her. Were she to stand, he would see that they likely reached the same height. Perhaps one day I shall hear the tale." She still holds his gaze, though, knowing he was assessing her. He had to be.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »

He should have left that 'do not disturb' notice on his door- but then Ronon would have ignored it in any case, so that was a rather fruitless thought for Richard. Nor did he miss the subtle exchanges between the two, perhaps having him there was an omen in some ways. Still he had to address the woman's reluctance to fully open up to him- if she was to feel safe, she needed to do so now. "Thank you Ronon, I'll review it shortly, but as your keen eyes have observed I'm rather busy at the moment with our guest." He tilted his head towards Ashtah in a way that he hoped might instil a modicum of confidence in her.

"I'll make formal introductions for you both soon. In the meantime, Ronon, please do me a favor and go and help young Olofsson find her capybara's. I 'do not' want another repeat of them getting into the kitchen stores. Or embarrassing the staff with their sexual antics."

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 11:34:23 PM »

"Maybe," Ronon says noncommittally in response to the woman. Though his face remains impassive, he's secretly impressed at her ability to maintain eye contact. His gaze moves back to Woolsey at the informal order to assist Olofsson re-capture the capybaras, and he almost sighs. "Might be better off eating them," he grumbles, only half serious about it- the animals were actually kind of cute, when they weren't escaping from their enclosure and wreaking havoc. "I'll pick up the spare later," he says to Woolsey, then walks out of the office without further ado, but as he turns to go his eyes meet the visitor's one more time and he gives her an infinitesimal nod.

He pauses at the doorway and looks back. "They're good people here," he says simply. Then he's on his way to track down Melinda and her pets.

Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »

Ashtah's eyes don't move from Ronon the entire time he's in the office. Though when he pulls his gaze from hers, her own upon him is more that of one observing rather than predatory. It was clear they were equals, at least. At many things. She is definitely impressed. When he nods to her - and though said nod is barely perceptible, she does notice it - she returns it with an equal nod of her own. her eyes follow him towards the door and he surprises her by addressing her with a full sentence. Or at least, as full as he seems to make them. As he walks away, her head tilts to the side slightly, processing everything that had just happened. To the average person it may seem as if it hadn't been much of everything, but she knew that nothing was going to be the same now. She turns her attention back to Woolsey.

"I don't suppose you could give me a bit more information about his weapon ..." She asks, hoping that her tone expresses the importance of knowing said history.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »

"A man of very few words."
If you asked Ronon to give an assessment of War and Peace, Richard was of the opinion the fellow could sum it up in possibly three words and that was giving him quite a high degree of probability. Casting his eyes on the weapon the Satedan used changed the topic and not wholly to Richard's liking either. Still he wouldn't deny the woman's curiosity at this point, it may well help her to expand on her background to his satisfaction. "As far as we can determine, that weapon is possibly the same as a group known as the Travelers use. Certainly it didn't originate from Ronon's people, although that may be a matter of conjecture Miss Teyanos, honestly you'd have to ask him."

He left a moment for her to take that on board, just a moment. "Now, can we get back to the whys and hows that have seen you in our city. I might point out to you, that where we're from we have what we call asylum- whereby under certain circumstances pending the facts of your recent history, we can grant you protection." That should do it hopefully, or he'd have to give her the complete one o one on political asylum.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 10:37:30 PM »

{ Ashtah Teyanos }

While it doesn't exactly give her the answer she wants, it seemed a decent enough one. I was clear he wasn't trying to hide anything about how the weapon came to be Ronon's, even if he hadn't outright said that it was neither stolen nor killed for. More points for these people. But his last words bring her an assurance that she puts together on her own; these people were not the enemies of the Travelers, and therefore could not be her enemy.

A sense of great relief washes over her when she realizes that she's found safe harbour. And she was suddenly entirely certain that they would help her recover the Saoirse. She takes a deep breath, ignoring the butterflies in her gut telling her she shouldn't trust these people and finally soaks openly.

"In that case, I would like to request asylum with you and your people." She tells the man, feeling a mix of both relief and terror. For all she knew, her situation might not be one that these people would support. But she had to try. She also knew that the man would want to hear her story so she doesn't skip a beat and dives into it.

"Several generations ago, a race of pele who live solely on ships that traverse the galaxy found my home planet, known as the Tavelers. We weren't quite as advanced as the people at time, and they agreed to help us build ships and advance our technology by years in exchange for safe harbour. My people agreed and they helped us build great ships and colonies other worlds in our system. The Travelers began to establish roots on our various worlds, becoming part of our society. For the most part, they kept to themselves, but we're never considered outcasts. They had their traditions and we had ours. Some even meshed the two together. But it all started changing when we unearthed what you call the Stargate. Since it was the government who discovered it, they realized its potential and wanted to keep it secret from the lower classes. The Tavelers disagreed. This caused civil war to break out on all our worlds and the Travelers were hunted down, arrested and forced to leave or face execution as a result. The government gave them a story that would make the lesser groups sympathise with them and help capture them. But there were sympathisers, as there always are in this situation, who knew that what was happening was wrong. You see ... I'm the daughter of the most powerful leader among my worlds. And being from the first world, I had certain power among the people. Along with a few of my closest friends, we organized a resistance group and began helping the Travelers get away from the planet without being tortured. Eventually the government found out about us and they began torturing our own people to find the leaderres - myself and ... My friend. The war got more and more uglier, but I was determined to help what I believe to be the right side, even if it is doomed to fail. My father found out it was me and my friend that were the leaders of the group and ordered my execution as proof of the government's conviction when it came to the sympathisers. If my friend hadn't found me and gotten me out of there, I would have been dead seven days ago. Instead, I saw him overcome by a group of soldiers and beaten where he fell." A lump in her throat causes her to pause her story for a moment. During the shorter history, she'd become more fervent in her telling, desperate for the man to see that she was a victim.

"So you see ... I can never return home. They will be watching for me. The second I come within range, they will shoot me down and hang my body in the courtyard of the Primal City to show those who oppose the government what happens to traitors. I can't even return to save Cullen." She stops herself short. She hadn't meant to say his. She'd barely thought his name since fleeing. And now, saying it, she feels the unfamiliar sting of tears touching her eyes and all she can do is sit staring at Richard, eyes pleading. No since she became a part of the resistance had she felt so vulnerable and desperate. And she had Cullen with her then. Now she was alone. Completely alone and it terrifies her.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »

"Its not an unusual circumstance Miss Teyanos, not at all." Richard was well aware of literally hundreds of similar examples he could cite from both from home on Earth and his experiences through the IOA and Atlantis. "Before we proceed and I can tell you now you do have a solid case; on that basis alone I am going to grant you asylum with us. But I need you to know, we do have a rather on and off relationship with the Travelers, one in particular, Larrin. Do you know her?" There was of course the other factor she mentioned, her friend Cullen. "It might well be he to had managed to escape, you should consider that possibility."

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »

{ Ashtah Teyanos }

The woman's body visibly slumps with relief that the man wasn't going to try to track down her home planet and turn here in. Or worse .. Though she isn't sure what could be worse than that. 'Not seeing Cullen again. She mentally glares at the little voice, telling it to shut up. But from what she saw, there had been no hope of escape for him. It had taken him and the rest of the group so long to get her out, and they'd all been caught. There was no way Cullen would be safe from torture. She can't imagine anyone who would be powerful enough to save him.

"I can only hope that you are right." Ashtah tells him, though she's obviously doubtful. "Yes, in fact, Larrin is a good friend." She tells the man, with great emphasis on the word 'friend' to get her point across. "What do you mean by 'off and on' relationship with them?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2014, 04:44:35 PM »

"Hope is something you can always cling to, I've learned that valuable lesson more often than not." There were times hope was the only thing that kept you going, hope and faith. "That story would be best left up to our military commander Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard, its not something I wish to get into too deeply. Colonel Mitchell whom you met earlier, is only here as a temporary replacement until Colonel Sheppard returns from leave. Other than that, I could say you are a free person while you are here- although I think for a short time you may need a guide. In that case, either Ronon, the fellow you saw a moment ago or young Doctor Olofsson can fulfill that duty, or both of them really, since where one is, the other is usually not far away."

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »

Upon hearing that Mitchell wasn't the usual leader, Ashtah finds herself relaxing a little. She hopes this other man would be returning soon. Especially since it looks like she might be sticking around for a while.

"I believe I would choose Ronon, if I have the choice." She tells Woolsey. She certainly wants to get to know that man a bit better. "Perhaps I can help them locate the ... creatures ... that have gone missing?" She offers.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2015, 03:32:12 PM »

A wise choice in this case, since the young Dane is a little headstrong with a tendency to be easily distracted from time to time as Richard had found with most of the science based staff. "It is your choice since you're our guest here now and I am grateful to for your offer of help. Doctor Olofsson has quite a menagerie on the base, none of them dangerous other than the occasional escapee." His hand reached for his lower left drawer, taking out a communication earpiece with the transmitter; Richard slid that across the desk to her. "You'll need that, just attach it to your ear and the transmitter can be in a pocket or on your belt if you prefer. We'll see where they are now."

A few taps of his terminal keyboard had the city's camera feeds showing on his monitor. He turned that around so Ashtah could see what he saw as well. "Three levels below this in the lab area, they do seem to have found a trail. I must warn you though, these capybara as we call them here have a rather amorous streak in them- do not let them get to close to your legs, either of them." Richard should at least give Ronon and Melinda a call just to let them know help was on the way. More eyes meant they'd be found sooner hopefully.

Pressing transmit on his own radio link after a moment of thought, Richard spoke. "Ronon, Doctor Olofsson. I'm sending Miss Teyanos down to assist you."

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2015, 10:22:21 PM »

Ashtah reaches out for the small device a bit tentatively, not having a clue how to use it. They had communications devices back on Ithir, but she'd never seen anything like this one before. It was really quite fascinating, to be honest. Her pride prevented her from asking how to use it. Instead, she observes the piece in Woolsey's ear and attempted to mimic it, placing the device in her left ear. That also happened to be the moment when the man's voice comes through her earpiece - when she pushed it into her ear, she had also inadvertently turned it on. The sudden voice in her ear makes her jump a little and look up at the man with a half grin.

'Very interesting.'

She also leans over to see the map of the place she's in. She'd gotten a quick peak out the window of their surroundings, but hadn't had time to really look. She had the impression that the place was large. But from this schematic, it was larger than she had anticipated. Perhaps even larger than her home city on Ithir.

'Three levels down ... so there must be a staircase ... Ah, yes. There it is.' At least if she does get lost, she'll be able to communicate with someone if there aren't many people here.

"I will keep that in mind, thank you." She assures him with a grin. "It is far better than some of the creatures I have run into in the past. In many cases, I could only wish for the most dangerous part to be something so ... mundane."

His call to Ronon and Doctor Olofsson hastens her leave of the man and she stands, assuming he wanted her out of his office. "Thank you, for everything. I am in your debt." With a final nod, she turns and heads out into the Control Room.

<< To Control Room >>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16