Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office  (Read 8352 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Atlantis: Base Commander's Office
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2018, 01:09:29 AM »

Not too much to think about yet enough to give him a headache if it wasn't easily resolved. Richard had half a mind to send a message to the Vanir in strong terms, they knew where they were or at least where they last where. Whether or not they will still there was another question entirely. "Very well then Colonel Sheppard I'll do what is needed on this end to at least make things that much smoother for you when you return. Do what you can in the time you have Colonel, I'll get onto Earth immediately, although we both know how they'll take it. I'll see you soon, Woolsey out." Doctor Zelenka, now he knew this was something he'd relish. He wasn't sure about the El'Dari though, from what he had learned they and their cousins the Vanir weren't exactly on speaking terms, so war looked all the more inevitable.

He tapped his intercom once again. "Amelia, as soon as you can dial Earth then patch me through immediately, I need to speak directly to the Commander." Who was that now? General Landry or someone else? They had changed so many times he had lost track.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

*Intercom*

"Will do immediately sir, sorry for the delay."

"Sir I have the SGC online now."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2018, 10:19:38 PM »

*Radio*

"Yeah, might want to not mention me too much around Landry. We'll get the ball rolling and get back to Atlantis ASAP. Sheppard out."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »

*Intercom*

"Mr Woolsey we have Vice Admiral Ian McRaven on three sir via the SGC."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »

Richard had an inkling the command position at the SGC would change again, he had several conversations with the former commander and while she seemed to be a reasonably experienced woman she lacked in his view the necessary credentials to run something as big as Stargate Command. Hopefully this new fellow had what it takes to meet the demands. "I'll wait. In the meantime Amelia see if you can track down our friend Todd's whereabouts. We need to have a little one on one with him concerning these Vanir."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34:36 PM »

"Mister Woolsey, Admiral Ian McRaven. Sorry about the change all of the sudden, but if it makes you feel any better, I was caught just as off guard. My understanding is that you have a rather important Search and Rescue operation underway with the UNS Dreadnought, as well as what I see here being a pretty spectacular near-miss with the rebellious elements of the Genii. So, might as well cut straight to it, what's the current update on the situation?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »

Without wasting time Richard got right into it, giving the Admiral all he knew thus far. Which to be perfectly honest wasn't a great deal of information. "Not unexpected Admiral believe me I know more than most how the turn of the wheel goes back there at the SGC. I do though offer you my congratulations on the post, you have some rather large shoes to fill." Thinking on the man's name it struck Richard that he was quite sure some time ago that it had come up for a potential replacement for Hank Landry, so perhaps now was the right time.

"Yes we do and I am happy to say as per the latest reports I've received from the Dreadnought that we have found Captain Jaworski at last, alive as far as I know. We do have some rather alarming news though for you, the Vanir are active again and rather aggressively I might add. They're attacking human settlements wherever they find them, virtually razing them or at least that's what we've learned. You will find data on that race in your archive files listed under #990-567, I know that by rote, as its my own report. Other than that, those Genii it appears were clones manufactured by the Vanir. Also I'd like to add that we're expecting the Hermes very soon, if you can hurry them up we'd be ever so grateful Admiral." Somewhere on that ship was his own request for additional stocks of frozen proteins, beef and fish. While they did well trading with their allies in Pegasus, the taste with some of the food required acquired tastes.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2018, 11:50:09 PM »

*Intercom*

"Todd sir?"

"I'll do my best Mr Woolsey, there are several places I can try if you like."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2018, 01:38:52 AM »

*RADIO*

"I've been told that before in my career. We'll let history judge how well I've done."

"Yeah, the Vanir, the so-called Lost Tribe. I'm aware. That's been one of the bogeymen in the closet right up there with Anubis or the Ori coming back. Well, that's not welcome news, considering that according to General Caldwell, we've also got the Borg making another play. They shot up some of our ships in our system and they're making a run at Lucia now. Plus the Alpha Site's knee deep in a war of their own, so if it's any consolation, you're not the only one. I'll pass your request along to Fleet Command, hopefully they can get a move on but best I can do right now is make sure they're on time."

"Is there anything else I can do for you? Otherwise, I guess I need to get General Landry on the phone and try to make sense of all of this chaos."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2018, 06:50:26 PM »

Certainly that wasn't good news to hear, Richard could well imagine how Hank Landry must be trying to cope with it all, he didn't envy him. "It would appear Admiral you're in no better position than when I last communicated with Admiral Davidson some months ago, I believe back then it was another race trying to do their best to destroy everything. It never stops does it?" So much for intelligent species. In Richard's mind they were some of the worst. "No not at this time, although I don't know if you've been informed or not, but you do have a scheduled inspection tour here within the next day or so." Already it was a week overdue, having been cancelled twice in the last month.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2018, 12:24:54 AM »

"No, it doesn't. But that's why they pay us the big bucks; solve the problems no one else wants to. Yeah, and they're not quite ready for some things I have to bring up. Such is life, I would say. Thank you for your time, Mister Woolsey. McRaven out."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2018, 02:37:16 AM »

*Intercom*

"Sorry to disturb you again Mr Woolsey, I've just received an encrypted message that the Dreadnought will be here within an hour. They do have Captain Jaworski alive sir."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »

Well now he had a few things to take on board didn't he? Richard thought long on the conversation, forming an opinion from each word said to him. From the start he could tell that McRaven was a professional, so in that he looked forward to a decent relationship with the man; of course that depended on the SGC keeping him there longer than the last two Commanders.

Good news followed, he took the opportunity to smile, a rare occasion indeed. "For that Amelia I'm more than glad you did disturb me. See to it that the base is ready for their reception and as soon as Captain McFearson and Colonel Sheppard arrive I want to see them. For now I have some business to attend to in the Cafeteria, I'm sure you're aware of the why." Another reason to smile.

<<To Cafeteria>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2018, 09:00:30 PM »

"I find your city fascinating Richard." Sunniva announced as she came to his door. "Even for one such as I it is easy to get lost, although I am sure you are familiar with that having enjoyed a similar experience in my city." By the time she glided over to his desk, the El'Dari had spread her skirts taking the seat opposite him. "So, our treaty are we to have witnesses or will it be just you and I?"
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2018, 05:14:50 PM »

The man had not long gotten back to his desk thinking of this very moment, even after having met the woman, spent time on her world, spoken with her several times he still found her both intimidating and enthralling at the same time. Yet he also found it hard to look directly at her, that ancientness surrounding her made him feel deeply insignificant. Richard swallowed hard as he did his best to compose himself. "Ah well yes Sunniva, I thought it best to have both Colonel Sheppard and Captain McFearson here with us, you don't mind waiting do you?" Tapping his intercom he spoke once more to Amelia. "Sunniva is with me now, unless its Colonel Sheppard and Captain McFearson I don't wish to be disturbed." He half looked back at her. "Yes I remember that well."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17