Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 11379 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 02:26:36 AM »

The washing and bathing was almost done, Mel dolloped a good dose of conditioner in her hair then set it near withing Julia's reach, it felt good to be clean and not feeling as if you were an autumn leaf, dried out from the salt water. "I had this impression once, no idea where it came from, that as a kid growing up in Copenhagen, with this mass of curls I felt oddly out of it. Most of my people have naturally straight or at worst slightly wavy hair; the only women your saw with curls were either foreigners or tarts in the sleazy side of town. So I've been straightening it ever since I was around fifteen." She massaged the conditioner in, then let it set for a bit. "But now, being here, being here with you, I don't feel like that at all..thank you Julia."

There was a quick change of topic, more so back on topic. "That suits me to a tee, I'm sure with Teyla's help we can do it on base, probably in her room. I know once that door is open, Melman and Gloria will go back to my lab on their own once they realise the fish aren't chocolate flavoured." Every afternoon at exactly four PM, Mel gave them both a very small treat.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:13 PM »

Giving her hair a second rinse of shampoo just to be sure her hair would be squeaky clean, Giulia listened to Mel about her youthful self's impressions of waves haired women. Shrugging slightly. When young all sort of silly notions can get into your head,she knew she had a few of her own.

"Unless there are some strange fish down there, now chocolate covered seafood, there is my favourite restaurant ever. However it shall seem to be a dream. So from here to Teyla, it seems a good plan."

Shampoo rinsed of a second time she put in the conditioner, make sure she got the ends and then let it soak in while she let the water wash folder the rest of her, enjoying the bliss of hot water.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 01:59:22 AM »

That comment from Julia had really broken the ice for Mel, she bent over laughing so hard her long locks fell over her face and when she could finally control herself and stand once more, that white gold mane was completely covering her face making her look like a naked parody of Cousin Itt. "My god Julia you have such a wonderful sense of humor." It was lucky as well she was still under the shower, as the effort from the laughter made her feel hot. She rinsed off finally, using a slightly cooler setting and at last grabbed a towel. "She'll be thrilled, we tried to rope Cadman and Jennifer out there, Jen was willing but Cadman thought it would put some kind of hoodoo on her, that or she thought it was some lesbian conspiracy. Either way she declined...come on, lets finish up quickly, I'm sure Jen will release us sooner rather than later."
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »

Giulia just gave a wicked grin back, rinsing out the conditioner now that it had soaked in properly.

She listened to Mel a little more, she was surprised that some were reluctant to go through with a custom that was not there own. Making sure all the conditioner was out, she then stepped out from under the shower, wrapping a towel around her and then another around her hair.

" Hopefully, we are lucky. Me more than you. My throat is still a little sore from wretching up that sea water. That soup settled my stomach some though. We are not doing that again unless we absolutely have to and I'm holding you to your promise on swimming lessons."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:16:09 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »

"I can't imagine for the life of me why she didn't want to go with it, I mean Jennifer and Laura are good friends..tis a puzzle for me to solve." All that was said under the muffle of a towel wrapped around her head and like Julia, Melinda had another around her torso, but she was not going to step out into the ward looking like that. "I've some lozenges in my office, I used them when I went to Travergo last month, that volcano there was still spewing out dust and it didn't do the throat well. As soon as we're out of here I'll get them for you...." She went to open the door a peek to see if Kelly had returned and the woman was standing right outside with their clothes in a neat bundle.

"I told you I wouldn't be long, although longer than I thought. I hope you both don't mind as I took the liberty of putting them in a food warmer for a bit, they might smell of pie." She didn't want them to feel cold again and the clothing, the base grey uniform would have been cold to put on immediately.

Mel took the bundle thanking the nurse as she did. "No not at all, pie smell is better than cold. We won't be long Kelly and thank you." She closed the door again, placing the clothes on a stool nearby. "Gee she's nice." Mel plucked off Julia's clothes first as they were on top and handed the warm bundle to her. "I wonder if somewhere in this immense structure if the Ancients ever built a pool? We could use that. Otherwise swimming lessons will have to be in that small lake on the mainland." That was a thought, it was shallow and the water wasn't cold.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

Making sure there was no conditioner as left, Giulia listened and the pulled a half smile and breathed out a little laugh. She just managed to catch what Mel was saying

"Mel not all people feel a need to formalize a friendship, nor have endured all that we have endured. "

Giving herself a quick rub down, then covering her decency before towelling down her hair, before wrapping it up and responding gratefully to Mel.

"You save me again or at least my throat. Is that Kelly?"

She watched as Mel took the clothes and passed her warmed bundle, which she pressed to her body before dressing.

"We could always have a look at the plans,it seems we might want to look at it before we go on any further adventures around the city. Certainly I want to know what was down in a that section of the City."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 07:34:40 PM »

*Radio*

"Lieutenant Roden would you come up to my office immediately please."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 03:06:07 AM »

Julia was right about that and Mel could only whole heartedly agree. For some strange reason, call it responsive emotion, she hugged her new found friend, her towel wrapped hair threatening to envelope the both of them. That the two were totally naked seemed irrelevant apart from the second towel covering each of them, that piece of apparel dropped to the floor the moment Mel's arms were around the other. "I am so glad we had that experience you know Julia. I think that above anything else we could do, has bonded us for life....oops." She realised what she had done, quickly recovered her own towel and that of Julia's as her face went scarlet. "Sorry....um yes it was. At least we won't be cold."

She began gathering her own clothes, sitting on another stool to get dressed, it would be great to feel the warmth again. "We'll make that number four on our to do list."

Kelly reacted sharply to the radio, when Woolsey called he meant business. "Girls I have to go for a while, be good and don't misbehave." She called to them through the door. "On my way Mister Woolsey." She radioed back at him.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »

She hadn't even got the first item of clothing on before she was drawn into the hug. She didn't do anything more than smile at Mel, not fussed that her towel was at her feet or that they were a fantasy of some of the men stationed in the City.

When Mel did realise, she simply laughed, rolled her eyes and shook her head. Waving her hand in a dismissive gesture, she picked up her own towel and discarded it.

"Dont be, you have got anything different than I have. Unless you want to make a confession before I become your sister."

Joking of course, Giulia fetched the clothing and started to pull them on.  Cocking her head slightly when she heard Kelly inform that she had to go.

"You swim out a hole in the City into the Ocean beyond and you just never are trusted again. Definitely number four."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 03:21:52 AM »

Feeling more relieved and comfortable at the same time, Mel had to tell herself just how lucky she was to have made a friend as she had in Julia. Was this how it was if they had been sisters? She knew girls back home had experiences both ways, good and bad, Mel was going on the presumption that this was one of those wonderful relationships close siblings had. "No definitely not." She laughed. "Other than being bigger, I'm the same as the day I was born."

Getting dressed herself rather quickly, the blush finally leaving her face, she tentatively opened the door. It was clear and not a male to be seen. Jennifer was at her desk and they had a few hours to kill. "Until we're out of here, we can do all we can on our laptops, Kelly was good enough to bring our wi-fi modems for us, so linking into the data base of the cities computers should make our work easier."
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »

"Remind me to buy Kelly her favourite chocolate when we go.on leave to Earth."

Giulia smiled as she followed Mel out into the main infirmary, before heading back to the assigned bed. Most of everything had been set up for them, she was glad. Setting her and Mel up on the equipment was not probably not an acceptable thing to be doing after recovering from near drowning.

Sitting crossed legged on the bed, she turned on and inputted her password.

"So where to begin? "

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:40 AM »

As fortune would have it, the floor of the Atlantis infirmary wasn't cold, whether the Ancients had made it that way or not didn't matter, it was simply nice to walk on something that looked like linoleum, but wasn't freezing your toes off. So for Mel and Julia, bare foot was an easy thing to do, and as Mel was used to standing while she worked, she brought her laptop over to Julia's bed on the end so she could lean comfortably. "That gives me an idea, I saw several tins of cocoa in the kitchens the other day and I know just how to make chocolate if we have the right stuff. Maybe a cake?" Her mind was spinning with ideas on that topic. "You mentioned earlier city sensors, I think we should start there. I recall seeing a city wide mapping thing Rodney was working on a while ago, it's about 75% complete but that should be a good start don't you think?"
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »

"Now that sounds a plan, but we would have to help her eat this cake."

Giulia responded with a faint smile playing across her face, glancing over at Mel,while she brought up the programme, she spoke off.

"I try to avoid Dr McKay, he doesn't know when to shut his mouth. Though neither do I, which is another reason why I avoid him."

With the programme up on her screen, she tapped into the sensors by Zelenka's lab then started working out their path from there till she got to the dead zone.

"Complete blind spot, no sensors at all are functioning in that section we were in.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2015, 02:02:26 AM »

"You've not seen Danish cakes have you. Phht, the French think they own cake making, I will have to get La Chef's permission to use his kitchen, but I am not boasting Julia, I can make a Black Forest cake that will make you cry for more. Its perhaps the one good thing I can say I've managed to accomplish in my life without making a mess of it." Mel was proud of that achievement and it was something she took quite seriously, if she could manage to cook anything else at all, it would pale against her grandmother's recipe's that Mel held so dear. "Honestly sister, I don't trust a man who constantly refers to women's legs as if we all don't have them."

She was now logged into her own computer, getting the same feedback as Julia. Back and forth she scanned trying to break the deadlock. Then a strange thought occurred to her. "When they discovered Janus's laboratory, it was by total accident, it to was seemingly a black spot on our scans, do you suppose there are some things even the Alterans hid from each other? Like his lab, private spaces?"
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »

The sound of a chocolate cake was tantalizing Giulia taste buds, which was still suffering the taste of the salt water. The soup had helped to shift it, but my memory was quite strong.

"Ah do not start, Italy and France share a border and we are both famous for our cooking. They may know their sweet streets, but we know how to cook a family meal. However Black Forest cake is the queen of all foods."

There was nothing like sitting at the dining table, with her family and eating a good Italian meal. Though she could drool over the cake idea, it was her favourite kind.

"If you object to his referral of legs, don't get him started on other fields of science."

Giulia warned, looking at the area of the City effected by this lack of sensors and power. She thought back to when she had tried to manually disengage the doors, it had been hard to see in, but the circuitry was damaged, but was it deliberate.

"Black Research... perhaps it was the off the grid research labs. Not the sort of things you want everyone to know about, so you cut if the sensors and cameras so no one can look in. It seems to well defined an area.There might be a separate system, do you not think?"

She looked over to Mel, wanting her opinion.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:23:10 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24