Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells  (Read 8006 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:32:20 PM »

| For those times when you go from one place to another with someone else |
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:51:06 PM by Mandi »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Hallways and Transporters
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:20 PM »

Ronon strolled down the corridor, long legs moving at a relaxed pace. His left hand was in his pants pocket, the small audio recorder that he used to create his mission reports curled loosely in his fingers. He'd just happened to have a few minutes *and* had remembered he still owed some backlogged 'paperwork', so had scooped up the small device and gone for a walk along the piers to make his observations.

It was an informal process, perhaps more so than would normally be permitted, but he and Woolsey had come to an understanding between then and so far no harm no foul, as Sheppard would say. Whenever Ronon thought of the reports he would do them, and whenever he remembered to drop them off he did. Woolsey didn't seem to mind the infrequency as long as it ended up on his desk at some point.

Fiddling with the small device in his fingers, he approached the base commander's office. The door was open, and it looked like there might be someone in there with him, which wasn't unusual. With a slightly amused grunt, Ronon stepped inside without preamble.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »

Using the map she'd memorised in her head, Ashtah makes her way through the halls and finds the stairwell she knew she would need to follow. As she descends, she counts the floors. 'One .... two .... three.' Finding herself on a floor that was nearly identical except for the different plants and seating areas, Ashtah continues on towards the lab. Twice she needs to stop and mentally reorient herself, but at least she doesn't have to back track or ask for directions. That is most certainly a blessing. How embarrassing would that be?

<< To Zelenka's Lab >>

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »

< From Zelenka's Lab >

When Ronon finally takes the lead, Ashtah is beyond grateful. She wanted to be on the hunt as soon as possible. And honestly, being around other women was ... uncomfortable. On Ithir, her companions were mostly male. Not that there weren't other female Resistance, but it was more  often than not the men who she fought alongside. She'd grown accustomed to their mannerisms. Of course, there was also the fact that she had never really gotten on with other girls. A fact that vexed her parents to no end.

As she keeps stride with Ronon to his right side, she allows some pleasure at the thought of upsetting her parents. She keeps her nostrils flared, monitoring the scent - its age, power, location. Immediately she feels comfortable, somehow knowing that had they been on a better hunt, or going into battle, she could trust he would have her back. 'Cullen would definitely enjoy having you on his team.'
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:53:01 PM by Mandi »

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »

< From Zelenka's Lab >

Doing her best to keep pace with Ronon and Ashtah, Giulia glanced back to see if Mel was still beside her. She would have rather been working, but still she hadn't explored that much of the City, not to mention having said she would help.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 03:15:22 PM »

Ronon strode along the corridor, relaxed but aware, senses attuned to the task at hand. Ashtah was at his heels, following the closest of all the crew. That she had tracking experience was obvious; he got a bit of a hunted vibe from her, like she'd been tautly strung from constant vigilance for a long time, and he could relate easily to that.

They came to an intersection of hallways, and he glanced over his shoulder. The other women were not too far behind. He looked at Ashtah and made a small motion with his head; a non verbal you go that way, I'll go this way and peeled off to his left, kneeling down and carefully scanning the walls, floor, and air for any sign of the animals. They were getting closer- the odor was definitely more noticeable- but whatever had enticed the creatures down this far had apparently been too tempting for them to pause to leave more trail.

He wrinkled his nose, wishing he could clear the scent: he was starting to not be able to smell much else. Might have to go see if Keller has something to help when we're done, he thought. Sighing, he got to his feet. "Got anything?"
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:57:43 AM »

To the casual observer you would be forgiven for thinking these four intrepid adventurers were hunting Wraith, rather than two furry, cuddly little animals; although they do have teeth and claws, which is totally beside the point. For Melinda it was just another day at the office and at least Gloria and Melman weren't half as hard to catch once you've found them, as the three little parrot like birds she had a while ago. Most likely they are starting their own little colony on the mainland now.

Ronon, even when tracking took long steps and it would seem that Ashtah was right up there with him, though at 5'8" she could match the both of them in her own way. With Julia at her side, she tried her hardest to focus, without her mind wandering off in another direction as it is want to do. She didn't have the hunter instincts as Ronon and now it appears with Ashtah as well, at least not in the same way: but she knew her animals and their odors and habits and this was beginning to take on a familiar pattern now. "The smell is fading a little here Ronon, but I'm sure it is heading towards the stairs up the as faint as it is." She pricked her ears intently trying to hear something, anything and she did, a faint squealing from Melman, she was sure of it and it sounded as he did when he was happy.

Running ahead a little, Melinda reached the top of the stairwell leading down. It wasn't recognisable to her and made her realise that there were still parts of the great city that perhaps had yet to be fully explored. She could also smell the sea. "I think they're down here." Her words sounded relieved, but as she peered down in the dimmed light, this staircase seemed to go down quite deeply. Another landing was about three flights down.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 07:17:14 PM »

Arriving at the intersection, Ashtah looks right then left, ears open for any sound. She catches the nod from Ronon and gives him an almost imperceptible nod of affirmation before heading in the opposite direction. it doesn't take long, though, before her nostrils are completely clear of the musk and she makes her way back to the intersection, shaking her head negatively that she didn't get a trail that way.

That's when she hears the squealing, apparently at the same time Melinda hears it. Inwardly she's impressed, though figures it has more to do with the fact that they were her animals that she cared for and so would be able to hear the sound more easily. An eyebrow perks when Melinda rushes off and she glances at Ronon, amused, shrugs it off and begins to follow the woman. Coming up beside her, her nostrils flare at the new scent of the sea. Faint, but definitely present.

"Then I would suggest we follow before they can find a way to cause any further damage." She urges gently, but firmly. Rather than waiting for her, however, she takes the lead. Not likely the best thing to do, as she doesn't know her way through the city, but it wasn't difficult to follow the sounds of the animals now.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »

Keeping pace with Mel, Giulia kept her own senses open as she followed the trackers,though she confessed that they were not perhaps so sharp. The smell though did like to hang around her nostrils, even after the trail had petered out.

She watch Ronon and Ashtah part ways and was trying to decide which way to go, but decided it was best to keep with Mel.

The smell of the sea in the air was much welcome to replace the odour of Mel's pets.

"Mel! Wait!"

Giulia saw her new friend dart off ahead and so after sighing she picked up her pace to catch up at the top of the stairs. She too peered down the staircase, figuring this was their next destination.

"Nice to know that no matter how advanced a civilization is the staircase is irreplaceable."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »

Ronon turned as Melinda spoke, rising to his full height as the faint squeal got all their attention. As she turned and hurried away after the sound, he let a little irritated huff of air out of his nose. I really wish people wouldn't run off without checking everything first. We might have most of the city explored, but you never know everything about these lower levels...

Being closer, Ashtah quickly followed Melinda's footsteps, with Giulia right behind. Ronon quickened his pace and caught up to them all within a few steps. When they paused at the top of the stairs, he pulled out a flashlight from his belt and skirted around the women to stand at the head of the steps, shining the light downwards.

"Great," he rumbled. "Okay, let's check it out. They sound close. But BE CAREFUL." He fixed the group with dark eyes. "Stay together and don't touch anything you don't have to."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 08:49:29 PM »

She did of course stop, there was no way Melinda was going down those darkened stairs on her ownsome. Once everyone had caught up to, not that hard to do in this case, Mel felt a glimmer of hope; 4 people and 2 critters, the odds were in their favor now. "They can't be far away, but unlike us, they don't need much light." She said as an aside. Those little animals came from a world where it only had 3 hours of daylight a day out of 26 hours and those 3 hours were when the predators were hunting.

Taking Ronon's example, Melinda felt for her small pocket torch, it wouldn't be great, but better than nothing. "I won't move more than a few feet ahead of anyone, so yes, close it will be Ronon Dex." She started down, half expecting lights to come on as they did in other parts of the city, though this time there was nothing. When she reached the bottom landing, knowing the others were close behind, Mel headed to the right, easterly in direction. She paused momentarily as she passed what seemed to be a union in the walls, it was the cavity of a sliding door; that much she knew. So this must be another section of the city. The noises coming from the Cappy's was louder here, not far ahead of them. "Julia how much of the entire city do you think has been explored? Seventy percent? Seventy five?" She asked.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »

Ashtah gives an approving glance to Ronon when he warns the two women (in the guise of growling at them all ... very impressive) to stay close. Considering she didn't trust either of them to be able to defend themselves in a proper fight, she has to concur with him and decides to take up space at the rear of the group. She honestly wasn't expecting anything to jump out at them, but Ronon's caution was enough for her.

She silently keeps to the rear, a mere stride behind the girls, eyes and ears open for anything. Not having a portable light, she is grateful that those with these devices were ahead of her. It only hampered her night vision slightly, and aided in them not falling down a hole that no one remembered to mark.

As she follows the group, she burns into her mind their path, not wanting to get lost as well as wanting to learn the layout of the city first hand rather than from a map on a screen. Just as they pass through the archway, the wall slides shut - a door. It almost makes her jump. She turns to look at the door, admiring the craftsmanship. How like her homework this technology is.

"I may be new here, but I am not sure that is supposed to do that ..." She says, then turns to the others in the group, hoping she's wrong.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »

This  was turning out to be a bit more than your average percent. On helmets she only had a small pen light, it wasn't much help but it was better than stumbling and falling.

Keeping herself close to Mel since she had the better light to guide them, she made her way carefully downward. For a moment it flickered across her mind that she could try accessing a panel to see if she could get the lights working, but that was dashed out when.She reminded herself that Mel's pets liked the darkness, so turning on the light might drive them further.

"Oh I wish it was that much, the flooding makes it difficult for full exploration. Not to mention not all the systems are reliable. "

Passing under the archway, Giulia tried to pin point her light ahead of them, before whirling around to see the doors see behind Ashtah.

"Not in the corridors no, not unless there is a containment issue."

A containment issue could be a breach, could be a biohazard. Then again it simply a glitch, she hoped it was a glitch.

Turning her pen light around she searched for a access panel, she didn't thinking leaving this door locked behind them a safe idea.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »

At the sound of the door behind them, Ronon spins and makes a desperate lunge but is too far away; the door closes with a quiet swoosh just as his fists meet the metal. He pounds on it once with a frustrated growl, and glaces at Ashtah, knowing it isn't her fault. "No, it isn't," he sighs, watching Guilia already searching for a control panel.

Cursing unintelligibly under his breath, he glanced over the little group and let out a little grunt before tapping his headset to activate the broadcast channel. "Atlantis, this is Dex. We... have a problem."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:04:16 PM by Mandi »
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »

Ashtah manages to jump out of Ronon's way just before he crashes into the closing doors. Confirmation from both him and the doctor makes her feel better, though she still can't help but wonder if it may be her fault somehow. But she really can't think of how that would be the case. When Ronon fixes her with a look, she simply raises and eyebrow, practically daring him to suggest that it's her fault. She knows that's what he wants to do. After all, if he were a stranger in her home and things that aren't supposed to happen suddenly start happening, she'd be quick to blame the stranger, as well. But she quickly cleanses her face of any hostile intent when she sees his own facial expressions - that say that he knows she's not responsible and was only being protective. 'Definitely like you.'

After Ronon makes the general broadcast over the radio (and it certainly is strange to hear his voice both surrounding her as well as in her ear), Ashtah looks towards their original destination, then back at the door, and then at Ronon (who is clearly the leader here).

"Perhaps someone who can understand the situation should stay here to try to remedy the situation while the rest continue to pursue the animals? it is entirely possible that they are the ones who are causing the problems, is it not? It might be prudent if we were to find them and prevent any further damage."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

lethal-pageant