Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells  (Read 6044 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »

Melinda was not one normally to panic, despite her sometimes foul moods, she could be for the most part a very calm young woman, her experience in New Zealand taught her that and quickly. But once that door shut, her whole world changed, she felt a shiver go through her entire body and a moment of the past came rushing back to haunt her. Stuck in a deep recess on the Daedalus during the height of the war, explosions going off left right and centre and her, thinking it was her last moment; particularly when the lights went out. A sweat now started to form on her chest and arms, then her back.

"This can't be happening!" Her voice barely audible when she let that out. The last thing she needed right now was to be seen as the weak link in the chain. With Ronon's lead, she herself tried to call up control and all she got back was static. "My god, of all the luck, we would have to end up in a place where our radios get jammed. Ronon, Julia, I don't even think Woolsey will be concerned enough about us for hours yet. We may have to work this out ourselves." As she spoke something caught her eye on the floor near an opening into another room. Fishbones and they looked fresh, Melinda bent down low to take a smell of it. "Someone has found a way in and out." She said, knowing full well who that someone was. Looking up at her companions, she especially gave Ashtah a rather saddened expression. "I'm sorry I got you into this...they could be, though I don't know how." She said in answer to the question.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »

Ashtah hears a small muttering of words from Melinda, but doesn't make them out. When she turns to look at the woman as she begins speaking, she's close enough to see the sheen over her forehead. She's a healer - she used to get paid to diagnose people's ailments. The healer quickly establishes that the woman isn't likely suffering from any sort of illness, but perhaps something else. Hearing the somewhat clipped words in an otherwise seemingly calm tone, she figures it out. The woman is scared. For what reason, she isn't certain, but she feels some empathy for the woman. She does have to admire the woman's determination to not allow her true feelings to show, however, and makes an attempt to help calm her.

"This is far better than what I could be doing, I assure you." She tells her, placing a gentle hand on her arm for reassurances.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 03:40:31 AM »

The pen light wasn't much use in this depth of darkness for Giulia to determine what was a trick if shadow and what was the real edge of a panel. Glancing at her companion's, well as best she could make them out with the pin point of light at her command. Focusing on to Mel, she could hear the edge of panic in her voice but choose not to console her but take action.

"Mel, your light is better than mine, help me find an access panel. Depending on the damage, I should be able to open the doors again. You can leave me behind here while you hunt down our friends and maybe another way out. "

The last bit was added with a glance at the fish bones that she could see had caught Mel's attention.

"Don't worry about it Mel, it was a mini adventure or sit in my lab...mini adventure every time.
"

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »

"Here, take this." Mel said as she found her utility knife, she also handed over her small flashlight as well. "I have no idea where you could start looking for it though, I guess somewhere near the door itself." She added in hindsight. "Its a little bit like one of those Scary movies in a way, you never know what's coming next." A little laughter, or a chuckle escaped from here, it doesn't hurt to make light of it.

"So, we have maybe a culprit or two. Ronon, Ashtah look down there." Her calloused hand pointed to a small glow coming from what appeared to be some kind of room some four or five meters away ahead of them. Just as she spoke, a furry nose poked around the corner, looked hard at her then ducked back in again. The smell of fish was becoming quite strong here.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »

Ronon grunted at the assessment of their radios being jammed. He hadn't really expected them to work, but had to try. It was, as Sheppard would say, 'standard operating procedure'. As Guilia went to work on finding a panel, he frowned at her directive to leave her as they hunted the creatures they'd followed into this mess.

"No one stays anywhere alone," he said quietly. He might not be Earth military, but he knew that. He looked from woman to woman, turning the options over in his mind. "Melinda- you stay here with Guilia." He fixed the scientist with a dark gaze. "You're too close to the animals and have already proven that your concern for them is greater than your awareness of your surroundings. Ashtah is an experienced tracker and..." He turned that gaze to Ashtah. "...I don't trust her enough yet to leave her out of my sight. She comes with me."

He turned to Guilia. "Get it open. Keep radios on and check in regularly. Even though we can't communicate with Atlantis, we can talk to each other. Ashtah." He nodded in the direction of the fish bones, and where the creature had last appeared. "Let's go."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »

Mel had to  agree with Ronon, well he was twice her size and then some. But what he said did make some sense to a degree, there were limits though. Ashtah was still injured and if the cappy's took flight they'd be back to square one. "I'll keep an eye on Guilia for now Ronon. I would ask though, the moment you see our escapees, you call me; they'll only hide again if they see you first. Deal?"
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »

'A solid rule.' She thinks at not leaving anyone alone. Even though this is not exactly a threatening situation, anything can happen. One simply needs to look at to barred path behind them to understand this. When Ronon expressed that he doesn't quite trust her, one eyebrow rising slightly as a mildly amused expression appears on her face. 'Yes, I do believe Cullen would kill to have you join the Resistance.' Though as much as she would love to have this man work with them, she suspects that prying him away from this place would be about as easy as gaining forgiveness from her parents.

Ashtah is certainly not upset about the decision the big man had made. the other two were clearly not the tracking type, nor the outdoors type. Even with her injuries, Ashtah is able to outpace them and keep up with Ronon. He seemed to be of the same breed as her, as well. Not overly chatty, not giving away information that is either not his to give or unnecessary. And he certainly wouldn't be scaring the creatures off with idle talk as they move through the corridors.

"I suspect that the stun setting on your pistol may come in handy." She murmurs as they approach the doorway they had seen the nose poke out from. "Should the creatures make an attempt to run, you could disable them without bringing them harm. I'm certain that the doctor would not appreciate this, but ... she does not need to know how we capture them. Only that we have and that they are safe."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »

Ronon fixed Melinda with a blank expression and a small shrug. "They won't see me coming."  With that, he turns and walks off, keeping Ashtah to his right. He grunts softly at her comment about securing the animals as he tugs at an intricately woven bracelet on his wrist. It comes free, and he quickly unfastens its match on the other wrist as they walk down the corridor following the scent of the creature's most recent meal.

"Snares," he says simply, unknotting the cord from its weave and pulling it free. Unraveled, each bracelet contains nearly 25 feet of sturdy cording. He looks at Ashtah. "We need bait."
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:27 PM »

At the simple grunt, Ashtah can't figure out if the man approved or disapproved of her suggestion. It seemed sound enough. She's seen the weapon in action several times and knows that no real harm comes to the recipient of the blast so long as it is definitely stet to stun and not kill. But rather than making a deal of it, she simply continues, keeping a look out, and ear and nose out, for the tiny beasts.

Looking down at his hands, she watches with deep interest as he unravels what she had previously assumed was a simple decoration. She should have known better - this is not a man who has anything on him which is not useful. 'I must remember to ask him to teach me that technique.' At the statement of the need for bait, she rocks an amused eyebrow.

"I am afraid I have left anything useful on my ship." She states with a grin, knowing that he probably didn't expect her to produce anything immediately. Glancing around the relatively sterile corridor, she isn't sure what to suggest until her eyes fall on the fish bones. "Would more of those fish be available?"

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »

Shortly after Ronon and Ashtah had gone on ahead, Giulia managed to find the access panel with Mel's light, for which she was most grateful for its lending.

"Mel hold this on that spot while I pry open the panel."

Passing back the torch to Mel, Giulia bent down to see it closely before using a combination of Mel's knife and her fingers to open it up. In the depths of her stomach she felt that sinking feeling she had the moment the doors closed, plunge right down.

Her hand reached back for the torch, hoping that closer inspection might lift that feeling a little, but she would soon be using choice words in her native tongue before giving a groan of frustration.

"Completely burnt out, can't even try and tap it to send a signal of some sort that will attract attention."

Wasn't much use getting worked up about the situation,eventually someone would go looking for them. Though she didn't fancy being down in the dark for a long stretch of time.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 08:27:43 PM »

Dark places, deep dark places. Just the thought of it made Melinda shiver and the fact that she made no attempt to seek help after that horrible war aboard the Daedalus didn't make it any easier either. She kept telling herself she was made of steel, a veritable fortress of a woman and that nothing could touch her. That didn't stop the nightmares or the endless hours of sobbing in her room alone, seeing all those burnt and cindered crewmen in her dreams.

She shook it off, taking the flashlight back, doing as Julia requested, then passing it back to her again as she searched for an answer. When it finally came, Mel went flat, completely. It was in her voice, totally bereft of any emotion whatsoever. "Well that just makes our day doesn't it?" She waited for her new friend to crawl back out, then turned the other way to head Ronon and Ashtah off.

"Do you want the good news or the bad news first Ronon?" She asked, quite simply there was no good news really. She did though hear Ashtah's last words so she started rummaging through her clothes, finding what she wanted in one of her pants cargo pockets. It was a Snickers bar, a bit soft but still good. "They can't resist these." The sound of water wasn't far away, just how far down were they?
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 11:50:08 PM »

Ashtah shoots a glare towards Melinda as she approaches without attempting to remain quiet. Any chance of her pets not skittering away is now gone. This woman is not impressing her. But when she produces the candy, she swallows any acerbic remark that comes to mind. If the woman is right, then it should be a simple matter of laying in wait. Her eyes move from the candy to Ronon, to gauge his reaction.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »

Ronon lets his head drop with a growl as Melinda appears and effectively negates any possible chance they might have had of rigging snares in this location undetected by her pets. He glares up at her from under his dreadlocks, eyes narrowed, and briefly contemplates what the animals would look like roasting on a spit over a fire. Probably wouldn't taste very good, he considers. Most things that eat what they do don't. And we're not that desperate. Yet.

"Would've been nice to know before," he says flatly, reaching up to take the bar from her and tuck it into a pocket on his pants. He then straightens to his full height, wrapping the cords loosely around his hand. Given his expression and body language, the motion looks vaguely threatening, even though it wasn't meant to be. "I guess we'll go find some other place to set these up then." He fixes Melinda with a withering glare and points back the way they'd come, towards Guilia. "There was a reason I told you to stay there. And tell me the bad news when we get back."

If he were less stoic he'd be grumbling audibly under his breath. Instead, Ronon simply turns and walks silently down the corridor without a backwards glance, expecting Melinda to follow his order and Ashtah to follow him.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »

When Ronon more or less mirrors her own reaction, Ashtah feels less guilty about her own frustration with the girl. Being new here and not yet worthy of trust, however, makes her a bit shy on berating someone. Ronon manages the task quite thoroughly, though. When he heads out again, she assumes that his original plan is still in play and follows him, giving the girls a shrug and a look that says 'I'm sorry that happened, but you should have listened' on her way past.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »

"Sorry Ronon, my mind was focused on finding them, I never thought for a moment the little devils would be so elusive and the only reason I can find for that is possibly Gloria is giving birth. I knew she was pregnant, but having them only for a few weeks and no other of their species to study, I didn't have a clue as to her gestation period." That meant more cappy's, which meant to be fair Mel should release them, once they're found. "Okay, good news is, I know at least where we are, the bad news is, we can't go back the way we came. I can hear water though and those bones mean that Melman at least has come and gone, which gives us, or two of us at least a way out to let Woolsey know."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

lethal-pageant