Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells  (Read 6043 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Hallways, Transporters and Stairwells
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:21 AM »

{Ronon} NPC

"Fine!" Ronon said in frustration, feeling like he should simply bash his way out, but knowing that would be a total failure. "So do you have any smart ideas then Melinda..either of you?" He was starting to lose his patience with the young woman, her and her animals had given him a damned headache more than once. His dark eyes glared in Julia's direction, the two were like pillow friends as far as he could tell and both seemed to know what the other was thinking.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:12 PM »

Giulia lingered around the panel after she had pulled out of it, trying to think of other possible options in at least getting a signal out, but this section of the City? Hardly anything worked.

Glancing off in the direction Mel had gone, Giulia decided to follow into the gloom till she met the rather annoyed Ronon and their new guest. Just in the nick of time to be confronted with a question.

"Well there is little I can do, this section of the City doesn't have anything functional enough for me to use. We need another way out."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

{Ashtah Teyanos} NPC

Why weren't these people questioning where the fish bones came from? It seemed to be quite obvious to Ashtah that these creatures they were pursuing had found a way out, a watery one she guessed but nonetheless an exit. As Ronon spoke with the other women, Ashtah walked a little further along the passage they were formerly headed, within ten steps she saw a small room off to the side and there nesting among some machinery remnants were the two animals and what looked like several tiny small furry bundles. Indeed the mother had given birth, yet for now she ignored that pleasant little fact as her steps took her further still until she reached a corner. Cautiously Ashtah poked her head around that and saw what she expected to find; there some twenty feet beyond were a set of steps going down into a square opening into the water and in that she could see dull light.

Retracing her footsteps, she returned to the others. "You should see this, I've found where your creatures were doing their fishing exploration." She told them nonplussed. "I should also mention Melinda, your female animal has given birth."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:46 PM »

Grumpy? That wasn't like Ronon, he is generally calm, controlled and placid like a sleeping bear. Although Melinda could quite understand his frustration on this score, this little adventure, though harmless to the point where the door closed on them, could make anyone grumpy. She was about to answer him, not noticing that Ashtah had slipped away, then just as quickly returning. "Oh..." Mel didn't know whether to be happy about the new arrivals, or the fact that the new woman had managed to find hopefully a way out. "I'll go look for myself then, Ronon if you have no objections?"

{Ronon} NPC

"We'll all go." He rumbled in his deep voice, thusly he led them up the short passageway, not even giving the capybara's a glance. When he reached what looked like it may have been a service hatch for the city, he could see down quite clearly and there was two sections, one obviously an airlock. But both were open which he found strange. "Down here. But what does that do for us, we must be at least a hundred feet below the water line, I don't think I could hold my breath that long if it wasn't straight forward."

Melinda came up behind him, she did look in on Melman and Gloria, and the five new babies (she would call them puppies for the want of a better word), but she didn't disturb them. "Ah..I can." She said in answer to his statement about holding the breath. Mel had been swimming since she was a babe and a part of that learning curve in her native Denmark was swimming underwater for as long as you could. Many a Dane had been trapped under ice, only to drown because they simply weren't fit enough to find an escape. "Julia, what about you? I can go almost five minutes."
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 02:42:39 PM »

Giulia paused to wait on Mel, before carrying on with the others. She wasn't happy about being stuck down here, but what could she do when she had offered to help with tracking the creatures down. At least that was done now.

Unlike Mel, she did not come from athletic background and swimming was more a leisurely pursuit, still she did like a good challenge and she was confident in her ability to swim, holding her breath was a different thing.

" Three at a push four, determination to survive may give me five."

Hardly likely, but options for escape were narrow and it could be hours more before they found another potential way out. This was much more viable an option than the door that they'd come through in the first place.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »

{Ashtah Teyanos} NPC

With a quick look down, another quick assessment of how far they might have come down in levels and finally a shake of the head from the overload of new terminology, Ashtah blanched at the thought. Coupled with the fact she was still recovering from her ordeal and the wounds she bore, this was beyond her. "Certainly I cannot assist here, but if you two are willing, I am in no position to argue, as it is not my place here in any case." She looked up at the big man, surely he would be putting himself forward on this

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 12:12:06 AM »

{Ronon} NPC

"You..are not serious?" Ronon said rather contemptuously, then he reconsidered his manner. "You are aren't you? Melinda, look, we can wait you know they'll be looking for us soon enough." Certainly they would he thought.

Mel shook her head, she was deadly serious and she had a good reason to be. "Ronon, look around you. That..." She pointed back towards the way they came and the sealed door. "Could we be our tomb. We have no idea how long we have to wait or how long our air will last. With four of us, and depending on how long we have to wait, we could be suffocating within an hour. Look, I know you're strong Ronon, the strongest there is on the base." She had to say that. "But you're a lousy swimmer and I am going, Julia.." She paused briefly. "I can do it alone, but if you think you can, two of us will be better than one." By now she was already taking off her boots, then pulling off her jacket.

"I...you're making me look a fool you know that Melinda, but....you're right as well." He finally admitted it.

"Thank you. Ashtah, again I am sorry I got you into this." By now she had taken off her T shirt, revealing a black crop top gym bra. Beneath her pants, Mel was wearing lycra gym shorts, also black. You could say she was always well prepared..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:14:05 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »

"I'm not much use here and idling is not something I do well."

It was the truth and pure as it could be said. Waiting for help or searching for a way out were two sure fire ways to stress her out. Going for a swim, was risky but she could manage her stress when she had a focus.

Kicking her boots off, Giulia took of her jacket and set them aside. That was as much as she could lighten herself off without looking any dignity, she was not as prepared as Mel, but she would make a mental note to be more so before exploring the city further.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 02:06:12 AM »

Ashtah didn't say another word, which was expected, how could she? Watching two young women take a plunge into the cold waters beneath Atlantis wasn't to be taken lightly. For Ronon's part, he could see there really was no other way, so he simply shrugged, guiding the other woman back away from the edge.

With the arguments now behind them, all that was left to do was commit. Mel dropped to her knee, swishing the water with her hand; it was cold, but no colder than she was used to back home. She wet herself down with handfuls of water, then sat on the edge, taking deep lungfuls of air until such time that she was in a rhythm. "I'll see you both again, you can count on it." She told Ronon and Ashtah, then tapping Julia on the leg as a signal that it was time to go, she took one more large intake of air, then slipped feet first into the darkness.

At first there was the usual numbing shock of awareness cold water gives you, then after a few seconds Mel struck downwards, her eyes open in the salty water. Quickly she looked backwards to see if Julia was behind her, as the stronger swimmer, she needed to keep her in sight. Once she was below the bulk of Atlantis, Mel looked upwards and she could see the sun playing on the top of the water, possibly some four hundred meters away. It would be swift if that was the case, but distance was hard to judge in these circumstances.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »

Once she was stripped down as far as she was prepared to go,trying not to think about how cold the water was and how long she might have to hold her breath. This was their best way out situation, that was what she was telling herself.

Like it was a ritual, Giulia did just as Mel did before taking in one large intake of air and plunged right in afterwards. The shock of the cold water nearly made her want to gasp but instead she just pushed the thought to the back of her mind and forged after Mel, forcing her eyes to remain open. Preferentially she wished for swimming goggles, but this was a situation that got to be picky in.

She only just managed to keep pace with Mel, determination to survive keeping her going onward.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 08:09:47 PM »

Under normal circumstances swimming underwater wouldn't be a problem for Melinda, she'd been trained for it since she was a child, not to mention being tolerant to the cold. This though was a slightly different situation as she was also dealing with a little pressure and a fairly strong tide; as even with the blurred vision, she could see eddies circling around the below structure of Atlantis and that worried her.

Swimming as strongly as she could, Mel was making good headway despite the flow of the tide, yet in a chance glance behind, she saw Julia slipping back, too far back. Another two minutes was really all Mel had left, Julia probably less so, but the young Dane had to do something. She turned around 180 degrees and now with the tide pushing her, she was at her friend's side in seconds, looping one arm around the other of Julia's, she urged her on, kicking as hard as she could and using her free arm in strong strokes.

<<To Surface and Piers>>
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 06:33:26 AM »

Pushing through the water, Giulia kept her eyes forward and fixed on Mel. Panic was wanting to rise but, determination sat down on it and kept it in place, she knew that it was panic that would kill her not lack of air, no that would be the means in which she died if panic was allowed to be her murderer.

Eyes focused and ahead, forget everything else, just keep going. Over and over she told herself, for moment it broke when she felt the realisation she wasn't making as much progress as her friend. Causing her to pause for a moment, that was when she felt the arm loop around her and looked at Mel helping her through.

Adding her own kinetic energy, through her free limbs, she helped in propelling them forward, fighting the burning feeling in her chest.

<<To Surface and Piers>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 03:03:21 AM »

{Chuck Campbell gate tech} NPC

Richard Woolsey wasted no time in getting a team down below, Chuck had tried unsuccessfully several times to try and work around the problem from his own station and in the end, an engineering team was sent down to fix the issue old school. Chuck went with them to supervise naturally and after some ten minutes cutting with plasma torches a nice two foot by two foot hole had been cut into the offending door. "Ronon! Ashtah! Stand clear." Chuck yelled as one of the big broad engineers put his boot into the panel that had been cut. Chuck bent down on his knees, poking his head through. "Can you guys fit through this?" He asked.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 01:13:32 AM »

Ronon gave Chuck a bleak stare. He was of average size and could probably beat down ten Wraith all at once. Of course that was an exaggeration, but still. When Chuck shouted them to stand clear and sliced a doorway for them, Ronon couldn't help but retort, "You kidding me? Well, stand aside and let me think about this before I go through."

He was getting grumpy, his finger was itchy to taste his particle magnum weapon and confined spaces was driving him nuts. Usually the man was more used to shooting first before running through. However, he should also work on his bedside manner too. He turned to Ashtah and let out a grunt as he nodded at her while extending his hand toward the nice space Chuck drilled through, "Ladies first."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2015, 01:59:15 AM »

Tired, hungry and fed up with being confined as she was, Ashtah had no argument when Ronon gallantly goaded her to try the hole first. She slipped down to the floor, extended her arms completely in front of her, then crawled easily through and she was almost as wide as the man himself at the shoulder. Once she was out she turned to him. "Ronon, do as I did, fully extend your arms to narrow your width, you'll make it. That or we pull you through."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

lethal-pageant