Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Atlantis: Research Laboratory A - Doctor R. McKay  (Read 1744 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Research Laboratory A - Doctor R. McKay
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »

Tables, chairs, computers with a sign that says "Don't Touch Anything" in McKay's handwriting
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:04:52 PM by MelsMum »

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: Atlantis: Research Laboratory A - Doctor R. McKay
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »

McKay got from the transporter to his lab door without even looking up.  He swiped the door controls and waited for it to slide completely open.  Inside the lights came up because no one was inside.  It was his lab so he shouldn't have expected anyone to be there.  He looked up and down the hall and mentally noted there was no one in the halls, no voices, no activity at all.  He frowned at the thought that while he was gone, not a thing had been done...on anything.  Then again, Zelenka was gone too.
He walked inside and around the tables.  All his signs were still in place.  He ran his finger along the table and looked at it disgusted.  Dust, a lot of it, had settled over everything.  Opening the laptop on the counter in front of him, he looked through the directory to see if he could see what the last thing was that he had worked on.  It had after all been months since he was here and he had worked on so many things in the interim.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »

{Chuck Campbell - Atlantis Gate Technician} NPC

*Radio*

"Doctor McKay. Doctor? This is Chuck. Doctor Keller was asking for you."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »

It took Rodney a few seconds to register that someone was talking to him.  He tapped his com.

*radio*

"Huh?  What?  Who?", he replied still immersed in his files, "Jennifer?  Where is she?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:47 PM »

{Chuck Campbell - Atlantis Gate Technician} NPC

*radio*

"She is at the infirmary. I think she wants to see you, Doctor. Shall I inform her that you're coming or no?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:30:53 AM »

"Not necessary", replied McKay curtly, "I can tell her myself".

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 09:35:51 PM »

Rodney had to think for a moment about what Jennifer might want.  He had talked to her while he was gone.  Of course she wouldn't have known that when they returned, Sheppard had nearly immediately commandeered him to go into the bowels of the city.  That part he had already left behind.  As much as he relished exploring the city and the finds that tested his enormous intellect, he had not been in Atlantis for months and felt the need to revisit what he had been working on when he left.  In among all that, he had neglected to check in with Jennifer Keller.  He explained to himself that it wasn't really necessary because he had been in regular contact with her while he was gone.  So, now he wondered what was so urgent.  Couldn't be good news, he thought or was that just his inherent pessimism.
*coms*
"Dr. Keller, this is Rodney McKay", he said so formally he caught himself off guard, "Did...you...were...you looking for me?".  He wondered if he sounded as awkward as he felt.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 02:55:19 AM »

*radio*

"Welll, um sort of Rodney. I heard you were back...ah....were you going to come and see me any time soon?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 12:40:16 PM »

*coms*

Rodney walked around his lab aimlessly while he considered what to say to her.  He always overthought these situations.  He'd get nervous, start sweating, his mouth would get dry and he'd always end up saying something really stupid.  Why did he still feel so awkward with Jennifer?
"I'm sorry, I've kind of been busy since we got back".
Way to go, McKay, he thought, you just told her how far down on your list of important things she is.
"I'm in my lab right now but I can come down to the infirmary if  you want", he stammered, "Is that what you want?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »

*Radio*

"Yes please Rodney. I know busy, so it won't take long really. There is something interesting you should see."
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 12:10:09 AM »

*coms*

"Look, I haven't had anything to eat since we returned", he stated hesitantly, "How about if we meet in the mess hall and you can tell me all about it".  Kill two birds with one stone he thought.  He could feel his blood sugar dropping and rather than put her off any longer, he figured they could talk while he ate.  She'd understand he convinced himself as he smiled at what he felt to be his own cleverness.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »

*radio*

"Rodney, I'll meet you on the cafe balcony, its a really lovely day, too much so to be stuck indoors."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 05:21:03 PM »

*Intercom from Woolsey's office*

"Doctor McKay, could you come up to my office as soon as you're able please."

((OOC Rodney can reply to this from the cafe. We can assume he has arrived there perhaps))

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 05:46:46 PM »

{Rodney McKay} NPC temp

Rodney realised why he felt he disliked Elle so much; she was right. He hated women who were right all, well at least most of the time and the fact that she herself was brilliant, not in his league or even that of Sam Carter or Cate; Elle was as smart as they come as far as Engineering and being a military commander. That was the second part about her he disliked; she was too military for a woman, he felt that was so wrong.

He abruptly sat down at his desk pondering his next duty, when he overheard the chatter on the radio. Sheppard and Teyla were going somewhere? Not without him they weren't.
Far Dareis Mai

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vamptonius hides in shadows.
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 10:39:44 AM »

Of course, there was the cleanup from the flooding and repairs to be dealt with - which would bore him to tears in short order - or he could help rescue some Athosians and live up to the shiny DSM now hanging prominently beside his Science Fair Award.  No contest he thought and rushed off to the gear up room while keying his comm,

*radio*

"McKay to Sheppard, I'm heading to you now.  Don't leave without me."
Pages: [1] 2 3