Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Atlantis: Research Laboratory A - Doctor R. McKay  (Read 1410 times)

Guardian452

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Guardian452 A new starter.
Re: Atlantis: Research Laboratory A - Doctor R. McKay
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »

*Radio*

"Wouldnt dream of it Rodney"

"The Wraith? Naah. Now clowns - that's another story. Scare the crap out of me."

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vamptonius hides in shadows.
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 02:12:16 AM »

The lab was a wreck, just how he liked it.  Well, except for the mess, and the dust.  But it was the way he'd left it.  There hadn't been much time for research these last couple of months.  He fired up the interface he'd designed for The Database which had been digging up 'gate addresses they hadn't been to in the search for Mike.  It wasn't helping that it was 10,000 years out of date on local conditions at each site.  The ones they knew were no longer viable had been discounted to begin with and leaving out the ones they'd looked at just left...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 02:05:05 AM »

<<From Woolsey's office Via Control Room>>

Cate had led Flynn down into the geek corner of Atlantis in silence, she had more than a thousand things on her mind. The foremost of those was her parents, particularly her mother and how she was coping lately. The MacGregor clan were quite well known as the strong silent type, rarely letting their emotions seep through to the exterior, Ben possibly the better of the siblings in accomplishing that feat, as Cate had on occasions let those emotions bubble to the surface to explode in some bitter expletive. She had more of late been able to control that, she put that down to her experience with the El'Dari.

Several doors from Rodney's lab she stopped Flynn with a gentle hand on the other woman's chest. "I need to fill you in about McKay. He's not your typical guy Flynn, not even close, not even your typical geek slash nerd. He is bombastic, he can be downright rude and he has this weird thing for female scientists of which we both fill that category adequately. Other than that, he can be an okay sort when you get to know him, but please, resist slapping him if he says anything uncalled for as he can also be something of a cry baby when he gets hurt." He might well of course changed even in the last few months, but those were Cate's memories of him. "Ready to meet his Geekness then?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:07:52 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »

<<From Woolsey's office Via Control Room>>

Flynn looked around as they walked.  It was huge and Flynn wanted to just stop and stare for a while.  It felt like paradise to her.  Of course she knew there wasn't time to gawk no matter how much she wanted to.  They had to find Mike and every second they wasted put him that much farther from them.  Flynn wasn't going to be the cause of that.

She slid to a stop as Cate put her hand on her chest. "Oh," she said, trying to picture just what McKay would be like.  "I've heard a couple stories, but have never met him personally." She wrinkled her nose. "A weird thing for female scientists?" Huh, that didn't sound good.  A slight smile touched her lips. "I'll try my hardest to refrain from slapping him.  Now, let's not keep him waiting."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 02:45:55 AM »

"No, slapping at this point in time would be counter productive." Cate laughed easily, something she wasn't the best at doing as her laughs came out in snorts which sounded really weird to some. "Okay, here goes."

Walking, or really striding like a woman with a purpose, Cate went straight to the door and since it was open she took that as an invitation. She knocked on the side of the frame twice to announce their arrival then plunged straight in. "Never gets old does it Rodney?" Her eyes were everywhere, she always considered herself an organised mess, but with Rodney, he knew how to put that to shame. "Anyway pleasure before business. Rodney McKay, Flynn Hart our new science officer on SG4. Flynn, Doctor Rodney McKay, we usually call him Meredith though." That wicked half smile couldn't be hidden as she teased him.
Far Dareis Mai

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »

McKay flinched at the sound of his given name and decided to return the volley with some 'english' - or rather, Canadian.  "Ah, McSqueaky!  I was hoping to see you, I've got something for you to see."  Ignoring the introduction to the woman with her, he turned back away from Cate and fiddled with the nearest computer, throwing the results to one of the many monitors littering the space.  "There," he indicated proudly.

On the screen was a picture of a wall, clearly somewhere in the City, with various doctorate certificates framed on it.  In the middle of the display were two particular frames that were of a better quality than the rest.  One was a first prize from a school science fair.  The second was Cate's medal.  "I had to rearrange the entire wall to fit it in," he continued, "but it deserved to sit next to my highest achievement."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »

Flynn smiled.  "Pleasure. "  She rolled her eyes and glanced at Cate as Rodney completely ignored her.  Well that was fine.  She would keep quiet for the moment being

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 10:51:45 PM »

Cate let out a decent well deserved laugh, Rodney hadn't lost his mojo for either sarcasm or his unique brand of wit. Certainly it wasn't lost on her, nor the manner of his return volley. Although typically he saw past Flynn so he could do a little glossing of his own; that was again typically McKay. She'd mentally bash him for that later on.

"You did that for me?" She said sweetly, feigning a sort of child like innocence that was irresistible. Of course he didn't, Cate knew that; good old Rodney never did anything other than for his own self satisfaction which was cool with her because as one of the Stargate program's scientists, Cate knew the man as well as anyone else did. "Looks good, don't forget to wear it on Veteran's day." She told him almost seriously.

"Now the reason we came. 'Flynn' and I." She emphasised her friend's name so he didn't miss it the second time around. "As you know since you're going with us, we need some stuff. I want as many Lantean life signs detectors as can be spared and a copy of that old program you did ages ago that boosts the sub space personal locator beacon detection. I want to install that on the Dreadnought. Then we need to see a complete run down on the latest Atlantis data bases and addresses, there is hidden file in there that holds several dozen gate addresses that we know the Lantean's had black listed."
Far Dareis Mai

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 05:00:04 AM »

Turning once more to the computer he loaded a USB with the data before handing it over.  "You realise they were usually blacklisted for very good reasons?  Everything's on there, by the way.  As for the detectors, most of them are in Jumpers or the equipment room."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »

Flynn listened quietly.  She didn't know McKay well enough to understand his way of reasoning and speaking.  Cate seemed to though and that was good enough for her.  She would just remain quiet until she was needed.  If she was needed.  "The store room?  Sounds like that is where we need to start then," she commented, shooting McKay the friendliest smile she could muster.  She so didn't want to think about why certain ones were blacklisted.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 12:30:03 AM »

"Thanks Rodney, I owe you, or at least Elle will when we find Mike." That was the plan, nothing had changed that one iota. Cate took the thumb drive stuffing it safely in her pocket making sure it was pushed down deeply.

Well he was Canadian after all, but then again she was Australian and knowing Cate she'd have a far better descriptive word for it. "Yep, that'd be the one Flynn, its not far from here and it sure as hell beats hauling off down to the Jumper bay." She rounded on McKay. "Since you're going with, you might as well tag along. After we pick up the LSD's we'll head up to the Cafeteria and John's briefing."

<<To Cafe via Stores>>
Far Dareis Mai

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »

"But I've got this dust to analyse." he called down the corridor to the retreating women.  "This stuff might revolutionise our knowledge of the Universe!"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »

Flynn rolled her eyes with a soft giggle at Rodney's words. "If it does I'll be the first to congratulate him," she whispered, walking with Cate toward the storage room.  She had to agree, she wasn't feeling the whole finding the puddle jumpers yet.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 03:11:05 AM »

"I heard that!" Cate yelled back before she was out of earshot. Then yelled back once again. "I'll give you some odds MacKay that its nothing more then either some fancy dust, or by the smell of it, baking flour. Get your arse into gear bucko." Then she was off at a run.
Far Dareis Mai

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 01:04:07 AM »

<<Back from lunch @ Cafeteria>>

Glancing wistfully at the bench containing the dust Rodney reluctantly finished packing his gear ready for beam out.  It wasn't that he didn't want to do everything in his considerable power to find Mike rather than he remained unconvinced there was much for him to actually do in the search.  He could tear down and regrow a Wraith control system in mere minutes, but first they had to know where said system actually lived.

It also wasn't helping that this situation was reminding him painfully of the time during Carson's death.  He hadn't even known he was still alive before they found his clone.  And while Mike's kidnapping was a completely different scenario it was close enough to stir up the grief of that time.

Still, the sooner Mike was found.  He wasn't entertaining other options on that.  The sooner he could get back here to work.  Sealing his pack he triggered the comm link to Dreadnought and vanished in light.

<<to Dreadnought bridge>>
Pages: 1 [2] 3

lethal-pageant