Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Atlantis OOC  (Read 3525 times)

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Atlantis OOC
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2017, 01:11:29 AM »

I did some back reading for you Cipher, that appears to be correct.

I should add here for your benefit the take off procedure for the 401 from a ship. Line the craft up into the designated landing bay (port or starboard) after taxying. At the very end of the bay next to the opening, there are lights in a vertical line. Red at the top, three orange, then a green. Stop the 401 at about the 3/4 mark (the BB310 is three times the size of a 304 at around 630 something meters long.) The 302 and 401 parking bays are center hangar.

Hands off, have the auto take off sequencer switch on, look to the deck officer in his glassed station (on your left if using the stbd bay), when he's ready, he'll salute and the light will go green. Look forward but leave your hands off the controls until the 401 is about 1 kilometer out. The take off is at about 5g's.

Taking off from land is old school, I should mention that as well. Vertical thruster control is between pilot and co-pilot. It will operate like a Harrier.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2017, 08:15:21 PM »

we is ever so slow ain't we?
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Cipherhornet18 is working their way up.Cipherhornet18 is working their way up.Cipherhornet18 is working their way up.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2017, 12:34:14 AM »

I'm no stranger to carrier takeoffs and landings and sci-fi alterations to them. I originally wanted to be a pilot in the US Navy until I squandered that and wound up elsewhere, so I studied that stuff a fair bit.

And okay, yes, it is slow, but I'm just not sure when I can advance things because I feel like I'm supposed to wait for people. Since that -401 is pretty much me at this point, I guess I'll go. Or else I'll just wait some more, I'm just kind of confused where to proceed because I thought I was moving things along and then I saw that I went a bit too far...

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2017, 01:48:14 AM »

I'll post Carrie as soon as I can so I wont hold up Elle any longer. Might at least help a bit.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »

I'm no stranger to carrier takeoffs and landings and sci-fi alterations to them. I originally wanted to be a pilot in the US Navy until I squandered that and wound up elsewhere, so I studied that stuff a fair bit.

And okay, yes, it is slow, but I'm just not sure when I can advance things because I feel like I'm supposed to wait for people. Since that -401 is pretty much me at this point, I guess I'll go. Or else I'll just wait some more, I'm just kind of confused where to proceed because I thought I was moving things along and then I saw that I went a bit too far...

NP. It happens all the time  :lol

basically we were sort of waiting for others to post, but as NG said if they keep us too long, we just go ahead and they can catch up. Just move your guys into the 401 (which btw is in front of Elle's). We'll see how far behind the others are then.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

lethal-pageant