Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 4223 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 147
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2017, 08:51:27 PM »

"If I may." Miki began. "I know I am merely here as the Colonel's aid and steward, but I have been with the Alpha site since its inception, now my fourth Commanding officer." She smiled at Michelle, hopefully she would serve longer. Four commanders in just over three years wasn't a glowing recommendation; the Alpha site though was a difficult post. "There are two precedence's that have taken place here in that time. The first was not long after our arrival when we first met Josile's people and her allies the El'Dari and Kelts....those who live traditionally I should add, they are not of the space faring family we have met recently." Gathering her thoughts she continued. "The Kelts were hard pressed from the east at the time, another Borg like race, but like the Forerunners, more advanced. After a war that had been going on for some two years, we helped them by simply showing how easily we could strike. Three 302's took out a large warehouse in one strike. They were at the peace table within 24 hours. The second incident was similar, Some of the Cavaleiros in the north east, farmers for the most part were being harassed by the plainsmen, humans, but highly aggressive. We sent a small force of 200 marines to exercise near their territory. They retreated to their homeland, never to return."

Josile remembered those events vividly, it made her smile with content. "I believe two things should happen. Your craft launch an attack on their harbour, at the same time we use that as a diversion to as you say, put boots on the ground. Finding their leader, I believe from our prisoners they refer to her as 'she who cannot be named', so some kind of Queen. Make her feel....uncomfortable in her own home, unsafe." That is what she needed to do, make this race feel they are no longer capable of hiding across the seas.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2017, 05:39:17 AM »

"I do believe that we can make both of those conditions happen. An airstrike is easy enough. But this Queen...now there is the real question. We should rule out killing her, as it would only make the woman a martyr and we'd never get anywhere after that. But making her vulnerable, a gesture to strip away her pretenses of being protected by divine right or whatever..." Aurore pondered that for a moment.

"If we were to perhaps find where she lives, make it clear that we can indeed strike her at any time we choose. Something unmistakable, something that cannot be twisted with propaganda easily...I don't know, like set fire to the place and fly flags in place of theirs as it burns? Sounds decidedly like something one would see in one of those Pirates movies, but, it's an idea." Aurore shrugged. She wasn't entirely serious with that idea, it was just something to get the ideas flowing.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »

Michelle listened quietly.  She was grateful once again to have Miki there as she didn't know what she would do without the other woman.  Miki knew the ins and outs of the Alpha Site.  Something that Michelle still had a long way to go with yet.   She tapped her fingers on the desk, thinking as they talked.  Killing the Queen certainly wouldn't serve their purpose.  There would never be peace if they went in guns blazing and taking out ones of importance.

"We definitely need to get boots on the ground.  Let me get a hold of General Guderian.  I do believe I know of a few we could pull to get a group together to at least get boots on the ground and hopefully intimidate this new threat enough to push them into peace talks if nothing more." It would be a start anyhow.

Michelle turned to grab her phone, hoping that the General had her phone somewhere close to hand.  She pulled up the number while Miki, Aurore, and Josile talked.

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »

Margit's reply came quickly. "Guderian. What can I do for you. Colonel?"
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2017, 12:09:16 AM »

"It has been difficult to fathom their society Major. For as many prisoners we take and question, we seem to be getting a different viewpoint on things. Those of what they call the high blood, as in the ones they deem to be of pure stock, simply refuse to reveal anything about their structure and short of torturing them outright, we've been largely unsuccessful in gaining any real knowledge about them." For Josile it had been frustrating. She had always been taught to know your enemy, from the ground up. "I will say this, their human companions have been a little more forthright, not so much as getting information on the Forerunner homeland, for the most part it appears only the most trusted humans are even allowed to set foot there. But, their command structure has been opened up somewhat. It has been revealed that anyone of higher command, I suppose what you would call General, would need to be of the Royal Family, or at least married into it. And apparently they do marry interspecies." In her mind this could be a weakness exposed, to place people in that responsibility merely on family and not merit, could be exploited. Some might say she herself was thrust in that position, but with the Cavaleiros it was entirely different; Josile had to prove herself on the field to be where she was, otherwise it would have fallen to another more worthy.

Miki looked up at the others when Josile spoke, and taking Aurore's words in context, there was something in what both women had said. "It seems to me that these people place great store in the family tree. Even if we cannot get close to their Queen, taking a family member close to the throne would be seen as equally threatening, or as you say Commandant, a close physical threat in the way of some action we perform."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2017, 05:59:19 PM »

"Mmm, quite. See, the trouble here is that we can't actually harm them,
 or else we come off like a bunch of thugs, but we have to make sure it sticks...sticks..."
The French officer snapped her fingers, "What about this? Our team locates someone close to the Queen, if not the Queen herself, ideally at some function or another, and we slap a transponder on them to beam them up in front of a lot of people. We beam them up to the Hermes, giving Madame Josile a chance to talk face to face with them, and we show them real-time feed of the airstrike to back it up with force."

"By doing it in broad daylight in front of everyone, we show that we can basically take whatever and whoever we wish at will, and then it sort of is a shock of it's own to our intended target. We strike the Forerunners on their own turf, and we potentially get them to the negotiation table. If required, we could even go to the measure of...oh, what is that quaint term...good cop/bad cop." Aurore glanced at Josile, "It is an interrogation technique, you present two interrogators, one who is calm and reasonable, trying to be the subject's friend and ally, while the other is hostile and aggressive. The good cop tries to implore the subject to comply under the threat that they cannot hold back the bad cop for much longer. In this case, you could present yourself as the good cop, and I can play bad cop. Except instead of me threatening to hurt them physically, I'm threatening them on a strategic level."

Aurore chuckled and waved a hand, "I make vague threats of the airstrike only being the start of a much more extensive bombing campaign, other obtuse and blunt threats, you make a show of trying to restrain my violent urges, urging the Forerunner we bring aboard to push for peace before we're all sorry. If nothing else, it could serve to strengthen your position with them in future negotiations."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2017, 02:56:32 AM »

Josile had to listen doubly carefully, Aurore's accent coupled with the terminologies she used gave Josile quite the gymnastics inside her head as she quickly translated everything said into clear Cavalieros. "That they have been here for just over a month now, that they have cost the lives of both mine and your people Major, I do not think I would lose too much sleep over how much damage we may inflict upon them, either physically, or the morale of their people. They have been given ample opportunity to negotiate both a peace and a withdrawal to no avail. Striking in their homeland does not contravene our treaty, they need to receive this message loudly." Despite her earlier more placid manner, Josile could change like the proverbial weather if the need arose. "I do understand the concept, several of your movies.." She struggled with the word. "...I have seen. I think that to would work."

Eager to get things moving, Miki leaned and whispered to Michelle. "Have you located the General yet Colonel?"

@sorra @Cipherhornet18 

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »

Michelle only half listened to Aurore and Josile as she waited for the General to pick up.  A smile touched her lips as she finally got an answer and gave Miki the thumbs up.

"I apologize if I caught you at a bad time General but I have a request.  I need the following teams to report to me for an air strike against the Forerunners.  I need Captain Coffin and his team, Captain Lawler and her team, Captain Amirmoez and his team, Lieutenant Mac Riada, and I need Hatfield, Paine, and Commander Renner as well.  Thank you."

she prayed she had gotten everyone she needed.  Now she would just have to see if Margit was able to get them all together.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:49:20 AM by Mim »

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2017, 08:18:34 PM »

"I can do that for everyone except for the Kelt lieutenant," Margit said. "You'll have to deal with General Sinclair for that. Be warned, they went through a nasty fight last night and need a day or two to rest and re-equip."
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2017, 02:58:19 AM »

Miki raised her eyebrows as she overheard the General's reply, trying to work out exactly what the woman was getting at. According to her latest data, those other teams, the Tauri teams were in exactly the same fire fight; there didn't appear to be any excuses for them. "Perhaps Colonel, we should let them pass, I am sure we can cobble together another team from our own." Miki knew all too well, anyone one of the units out there in the field would give their eye teeth to have a go directly at this enemy of theirs. Extending that courtesy to the Kelts only seemed a natural thing to do.
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »

Margit grumbled to herself. Another squid who doesn't have a clue as to what land combat is like. "I will give the order and contact General Sinclair." But not until about four or five hours had passed. Besides, she was senior Terran officer in the system.
Robert Laurel

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »

Michelle blew out a silent breath.  She had a feeling this wasn't going to go as smoothly as she had hoped.  She nodded in answer to Miki. "We shall do that as a back up," she answered.  They could use all the help they could get.  "Thank you General," she said, clicking her phone off.  She leaned back in her chair, feeling wrung out. "I'm thinking Miki that we will want to see if there are any fresher teams available just in case.  I do not think we want to put this attack off much longer or it could mean more death."

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »

Margit reconsidered. It was not worth getting into a p*ssing match. She rang Miki back immediately. "I'll contact the officers involved and have them sent up north immediately."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:55:14 AM by Robert Laurel »
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2017, 02:39:22 AM »

Obviously it was going to take some doing to assemble those required, Josile knew she'd be having some grand arguments with Lanam if she couldn't find a way to include him in this as well. "Very well then, I suspect it will be some few hours before all is in readiness to leave. So if you'll all excuse me, I have some Cavalieros to find." She stood, half bowed then quickly headed for the door.

Miki nodded at the woman as she left, she knew who Josile was thinking about, god, the whole of Foreston and the Alpha site knew the relationship between Josile and the Captain of Altan, Lanam. She hoped the two of them could work it out, Miki shuddered at the thought of whoever might have to share the confines of a 401 with those two. "It's possible the SGC may be able to send another if we made the request I'm sure."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »

Michelle was still learning the politics at Alpha Site, but it appeared Miki knew who Josile was talking about.  She had a guess herself, but she wasn't positive.  "Then lets..."  Her words were cut short by the ringing of Miki's phone.  She raised a brow, wondering just who was getting of her.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

lethal-pageant