Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Wheel of Time Chat  (Read 2839 times)

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.
Re: Wheel of Time Chat
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »

I grew up on a farm, which is now why I'm a city boy...
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 161
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2017, 05:29:55 PM »

I grew up in the city, couldn't wait to get away from it <3
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »

message from Mum. She is aware we are waiting on her in Caemlyn, right now she is unable to do anything until Monday, so she asks for our patience.
Far Dareis Mai

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »

This may be neither here nor there, but as it's been 5-6+ years since I last read through the series, I'm starting back from the beginning, and....get this...

AUDIOBOOK!!!

Listening to the audiobook on my way to/from work (etc) is much more immersive than reading (safer when driving, too :p), so I think it has helped rekindle my 'WoT' Muse some. :)

Hope she's doing better, by the way.

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.Robert Laurel has a powerful will.
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »

@Hamdilla

Have we lost Hamdilla?
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »

I've messaged her a couple of times Robert, I'll try emailing her.
Far Dareis Mai

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »

Boss troubles → elevated stress levels → spotty online activity → annoyance at my own unreliability → elevated tension levels → less time doing anything but wanting to crawl into a hole and die when I get home. :-/

CHARACTER LIST

--
  --
  --
  --
  --

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2017, 02:42:14 AM »

@XARXU

currently dead in the water X. We really really need more players, just the four of us isn't cutting the mustard at the moment for the type of game WoT should be  :^
Far Dareis Mai

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »

I'm fired up! Been reading back through the series, on Book 3 now! I was on Book 7 or something before, but I think I'm understanding everything better this go-around.

CHARACTER LIST

--
  --
  --
  --
  --

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »

The thing is can we make it work? At best there is only three of us, maybe four if Robert is still interested in doing the game. But I need to be brutally honest with you, for something like Wheel of Time we'd really need a minimum of six players to make it worthwhile. With the tempo of our other games here taken into consideration, neither Mel or myself have the capacity to run another game. If you were to do so, we'd need to know before hand you're willing to see it through.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2018, 06:51:42 PM »

I'm still interested. How about an RP in the future timeline I created? Steampunk/channelpunk. Dress and tech around WWI period.
Robert Laurel

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2018, 07:04:22 PM »

As we argued before some years ago Robert, we may as well call it something different as it wouldn't be the story we all know, it would be something entirely of our own making without any references to the books, other than historical. But we'll see what others say, although I wouldn't be with you if that prevailed I'm sorry.

Robert Laurel

• Major
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »

Look at it as an adventure...
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »

Nope, its not me either. I will only do Aeil and I cannot do them in some futuristic scenario, they just don't fit together.

Then we come back to the main thing, who's going to run it? It would have to be someone who has an extensive knowledge base of the books entirely and someone who knows how to organise and dare I say recruit players. Like Mum said up there ^^^ neither she or myself have the time to GM another game now.
Far Dareis Mai

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:16 AM »

As I mentioned when the board's prior 'manager' stepped down, I have no problem running a WoT RP from here, but I'm not one for organizing the direction of the plot. To be perfectly honest, I would be fine with there not being a formal "Manager" over this RP. We just continue where we left off, etc, etc.

As for another setting, I love the idea of taking the concept of 'Channeling' into another genre, but I'm already trying to introduce it on another site I play on, though I'm not sure what direction I would take it.

My suggestion: let's try this tentative roleplay out in the Discord. If it catches, and folks are really getting into it, then I would say it's time to make it into a board.

Also, I'm almost ALWAYS on Discord, so working on our WoT RP there is also an option.

And for those of you of prior generations who are uneasy about this new platform: take it from a fellow who walks the line between "tech savvy" and "OMG WTF is this new-fangled BS?!?" lol, Discord is a great thing.

At least, until they get bought out by Microsoft, Google, Facebook, or some other conglomerate, and it becomes a pay-to-use service (or it gets bought out, and scrapped, by a competing company).

CHARACTER LIST

--
  --
  --
  --
  --
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

lethal-pageant