Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Regal Wars OOC chat  (Read 617 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Regal Wars OOC chat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »

Oh boy.....:D not saying nought atm <P
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »

I know its 1560, but I want to know the exact date. Trying to start a Journal, a Ships log, for Will Harkness.

I'm thinking May 16th? Top of my head lol. Or what date was this set exactly?
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 04:05:02 PM »

wait a min, I need to look something up in the wiki. Time of year etc. We'll make it summer at least. Brb.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »

:yes:

Take your time. Its gonna a long ships log at least. Taking to word so I dont lose it accidentally  :sam10
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »

July 6th 1560, Wednesday

Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 11:21:47 PM »

I meant to ask. How long exactly is from where the HMS london is to Scotland? Three days max? Less?

Character List

SymonDrayson

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SymonDrayson hides in shadows.
  • Contra Ignorantiam
    • Musings of a Chaotic Mind
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 11:30:07 PM »

The top speed of a sailing vessel of that time, under ideal circumstances, was approximately 10 to 14 mph. A nautical distance of 430 miles<ish>. So again, under ideal circumstances, the trip would take about 35 1/2 hours.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:57:25 PM by SymonDrayson »
Disfides et Veritas ~ Defiance and Truth

“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:58 AM »

If you get a southerly as the English channel often does, you could cut 2 hours of that. Obviously Symon did his 'research'  :sam10
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 12:31:35 AM »

Thanks Symon  :yes: Sorry it took me a bit to respond.  :fp

Also, i was wondering. Is there like a crew manifest of a 1560s ship? I know there's a first mate, obviously. I was thinking about another NPC. Just wanted to be sure I got at least some of the crew covered. And maybe get some players on my ship. It'd be pretty lonely if I have to play with myself on a pirate ship  :lol  :fp

What kind of crew can i have? Maybe there's a site I can look at?

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 12:45:07 AM »

coxswain (he's the guy that steers most of the time) oh and in 1560, they didn't have so much as a wheel, more a big wooden arm that went out back to the rudder.

Gunners mate in charge of guns

Midshipman, probably two

deck crew, about 10 on a ship that size, or more. I should google it.....

http://www.thepirateking.com/historical/ship_roles.htm

oh and I know this is not for here, but you're missing a few posts elsewhere  :sam10
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 12:51:20 AM »

Thanks  :yes: And yeah, im working on it. The other posts that is.

This is just an idea that I'm having but what if one of my npcs could be a former Spanish pirate that turned to England's side?  :sam10 I think I had a cool name for him. Or her...  :Poke

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 01:07:24 AM »

Thanks  :yes: And yeah, im working on it. The other posts that is.

This is just an idea that I'm having but what if one of my npcs could be a former Spanish pirate that turned to England's side?  :sam10 I think I had a cool name for him. Or her...  :Poke

Already done, more or less. He can be a Frenchman and I mean he. There were no women crews in this age.
Far Dareis Mai

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 02:48:04 AM »

Yes, correct, before the formation of the Brotherhood in the mid 17th century, there were absolutely no women aboard except of those carried as passengers.

As for the ship: Captain, First Mate, Skeeper/Navigator,  Quartermaster, Bosun, Gun Captains, Doctor, Carpenter, Treasurer.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 09:53:52 PM »

Thanks!  :yes:

I just made my third npc. Kaz  :lol  :fp Nickname for Cassius. He's Italian I guess lol. He belonged to some Roman heritage or something.

First Mate. I thought that was the "XO" of the ship or is that Quartermaster? Cause i looked at the other link Mel put up and it said Quartermaster below the Captain. When i made my First Mate, I made Patrick Henry the first officer or XO. Is that not right? Or is he just first mate and the quartermaster is the XO?

Character List

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 01:42:17 AM »

First Mate is the XO of the ship - they are expected to know the navigation and naval tactics and are supposed to take command of the prize/own ship if captain is uncapable of.

Quartermaster is basically commander of the combat detail. He's the vanguard, fights on the quarterdeck - hence the position's name - and is the first in, last out of the skirmish, basically being captain's XO on the combat stuff.

If the officers are expected to follow command of the First Mate and Second Mates in his direct command, then the crews will do what Quartermaster says without questioning it a jot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:44:29 AM by VagabonD SerpenT »
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

lethal-pageant