Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: From O'er the sea  (Read 1225 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 147
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: From O'er the sea
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2017, 02:05:38 AM »

<HMS London> @Troy @DanielRyder

Wide open eyes were still staring across the waves watching the Spanish ships burn. She could see men jumping for their lives and even though they were the enemy, she still couldn't help but pray for them. Yet even as she watched the horror her heart lifted a little as she could see at least one small boat had gotten away, picking up some of the survivors. They would have a long row back to Spain of course. "I am now." She smiled, feeling a little less tense. "Lord Charles, have you ever seen such a thing? Our captain surely has the luck of the Irish with him does he not?"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:45:38 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

SymonDrayson

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SymonDrayson hides in shadows.
  • Contra Ignorantiam
    • Musings of a Chaotic Mind
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:12 PM »

Charles looked across the waves with a sorrowful look before replying, "After so many campaigns the brutality of combat still surprises me. It would seem our good Captain is indeed fortunate. I don't believe in luck, but I am thankful for whatever good favor he is receiving."
Disfides et Veritas ~ Defiance and Truth

“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2017, 08:25:44 PM »

Will offered a sigh. Looking at the horizon as the continued forward toward their destination in Scotland. Turning to his two friends, he spoke, "Dymphna. My lord. It would be another day before we will arrive to Scotland. Do you two wish to return to your cabin or stay up here?"

*************

<Sunrise the next day>

On the back of his mind, the captain knew it would be a ways to get there. But now they found themselves  sailing up the Firth of Forth and into the docks at Leith. The castle could be seen clearly in Edinburgh, from the docks as it is about a mile and a half to the castle. It was quite the journey, and now he felt he should accompany them both to make sure they arrived safety to the castle.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:39:29 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 01:49:48 AM »

<HMS London> @Troy @DanielRyder

Breathing in the air of the docks wasn't as quite as fresh as being out at sea, in fact the smell was terrible, yet it was a smell that reminded Dymphna that she was indeed back in civilization and that for a little while to come she wasn't going to be thinking about how sick she had been and will be each time they hit the heavy seas. She had her bags packed already, she'd be half happy and half sad to leave the London as she had made good friends with the captain and his crew. At least Charles would be going with her for the next part of her journey. "Well I suppose Captain we can say farewell officially when we reach the castle, it looks huge, though distances can be deceptive. Is it far from here?"
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 12:35:02 PM »

Having been sent by King James, Alban made his way towards the trio enroute to the Castle.

"My Lord, Sir, Ma'am. On behalf of King James I welcome you to Scotland. Unfortunately, his Majesty is presently busy with other responsibilities. He promises to see you as soon as he is able. Is there anything I can get you in the interim?" 

SymonDrayson

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »

Charles looked at the new arrival and bowed his head slightly when the man was finished speaking, "Thank you." After looking at Julian and then looking at his own rather less than presentable appearance he said, "Well. Speaking for myself and my valet here, we could use someplace to rest and perhaps freshen up a bit." Then looking towards Dymphna he said, "And I am sure the lady would appreciate it as well. I am sure she could use a break since she has been stuck with only us and the ship's crew for the past few days."

“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »

Will stood beside Dymphna. Looking at the newcomer, he nodded greeting Alban, "Thank you as well. Although, good sir, we missed your name." the captain had a bit of a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Turning to the girl, he spoke as Charles answered her question, "It shouldn't be. The distance can be deceptive, but we will get there of course after some much needed rest. I should be coming along as well. My first mate can watch after things for awhile."

Turning to Charles, Will gave courteous bow to him and his valet, "After you, my lord."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2017, 12:22:35 AM »

"Yes if it is convenient I wish to bathe and change. If it is the King's pleasure that he accepts my audience I would be shamed to appear before him in such a state." Which wasn't a bad one, for even though fresh water was strictly rationed, the good Captain had the common sense to top up his barrels late yesterday eve at Tweed while still close to the English coast. She looked at both Charles and Will in one glance. "The company has exceeded my wishes good gentlemen." Dymphna lifted her single bag, slung it over her shoulder ready to mount the gangway one final time.
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2017, 08:43:04 PM »

(Alban)

"My name is Alban, I work in the court of his Majesty. The Cat's Claw Inn would be my recommendation to meet your needs. They are located in town, and are decently priced. Considering the hour, I can inquire if the King can meet with you first thing in the morning."

While he didn't make the King's schedule, he knew James wouldn't want to wait too long to meet with the visitors.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:45:55 PM by Troy »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2017, 10:42:05 PM »

Will nodded at Alban responding, "Good to meet you then. We should be off. After you, sir."

Usually the captain was the last to leave the ship. Knowing that Henry had things well at hand, Will waited till the group started moving off away from the ship and toward the first bar to the left. He was in need of a good drink before setting off.

Character List

SymonDrayson

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2017, 07:54:52 PM »

Charles studied Alban and then helped Dymphna as she stepped onto the gangway. After ensuring that he had everything of importance, he stepped onto the gangway himself and followed Dymphna. As they neared the bottom he looked at her and asked, "Mi'lady, would you like some assistance carrying your things?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »

She was tired, weary and yet so glad to be having something beneath her feet that wasn't moving anymore. Yet at the same time the girl had not lost her spirit, nor her strength of mind. Still, having someone such as Charles, a Lord to boot treat her with such dignity could not be over looked. Gladly she smiled at him as her fine arms let the bags down to the cobbled wharf. "Of course my Lord, I would be more than grateful for your aid."

<<To the City>>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:39:47 PM by SymonDrayson »
Far Dareis Mai

SymonDrayson

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2017, 10:43:19 PM »

Charles returned the smile and then bent down and retrieved one of her bags. As he lifted the bag he glanced at Julian who quickly retrieved the other bag. After a moment he fell in beside her and headed off into the city.

<<To the City>>

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]