Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Striker Eureka's First Drift  (Read 164 times)

Cynadea

Striker Eureka's First Drift
« on: March 10, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

Getting suited up did take a while. It was also an unpleasant moment for the woman who felt that there were way too many people in her personal space, crewing this part in place and adjusting. She had picked a black suit with bright blue highlights. It fitted her form perfectly, as the Jaeger suit should, but she remained standing still until she was given the permission to move by the crew that was suiting her up. There came a point where the excitement was just too much. Maddie moved gloved hand, opening and closing it to relieve some tension.  Striker Eureka! The most recent and technologically advanced Jaeger!

She was about to drift with someone who was nearly a perfect stranger. It was unnerving, to say the least.  He would get to know everything about her, see deeper into her than anyone else before him. He would also learn than she found him attractive, and couldn’t help but to wonder if he would catch onto the fact and bring it up after or let it slide until she decided to act upon it. If she ever did. He would also learn about her opinion of him, of how she found him a bit rough around the edges but otherwise had not the slightest of issues with him. He would find acceptance with her, a guide to his inner peace if that was what he wanted, and a friend, rather than someone who was there to judge him and try to control him.

Finally, she was given the permission to move and she took her first few steps in her new suit. The one provided at the academy had always been a little uncomfortable but this one was perfect. She took her helmet between her hip and her arm as she walked toward the door to the catwalk that would lead her to the head of Striker Eureka. Her heart was racing, she knew that her hands were getting clammy into the gloves. So many things could go wrong, but she wanted to focus on what could go right instead. They could truly be drift-compatible, they could be called to deal with Kaijus in the near future, they could become the closest of friends.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:19:58 PM by Cynadea »

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Thaddeus A new starter.
Re: Striker Eureka's First Drift
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »

First drift.

It was daunting as the suit was slowly being put on, clipping into place. People wandered around him, each with a certain role that they performed with ease, having done it several times previously.

Striker Eureka.

There was a lot at stake, with powers that were beyond him. Was he nervous? Yes. A forgotten part of himself was going to come to light to someone whom he only gotten to know through combat and beating one another up with sticks. Someone who would see more behind the curtain than he would ever let others see before.

Lennox was patted on the shoulder, signal that he could freely move. At first, it was awkward, uncomfortable but over the short amount of movement, it proved to be much more comfortable than the ones that they got to use in the Academy. He gritted his teeth, jaw tightening as he walked towards the head of Striker Eureka; it was known that people got caught up in the moment - called 'Chasing the RABIT.'

Memories were powerful, but, it was only when they would get into the drift that he would realise how powerful.

He just hoped that things would pan out relatively alright.

Cynadea

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »

Maddie tilted her head to the left and to the right as she neared the head of the Jaeger. She bumped it with the head of her foot as if to make sure that it was real. The top of the line, the Mark-5; she felt so honored! There was a little voice in the back of her head telling her not to get her hopes too high. After all, it didn’t depend solely on her. Perhaps it was arrogance, perhaps it was simply confidence, but Maddie was quite sure that she would be able to drift through his memories and her own without a hitch. Would he?

During their short time together, he appeared to be wound up tight, like a coil on the edge of bursting. Maybe it was his way to show that he was excited, but she did get the feeling that there was more to it than that. Becoming defensive, calling her a princess, talking about bullies… She wondered if he was coming into this with a big chip on his shoulder, because as far as she was concerned, they were very much on par to pilot this jaeger. Soon enough, she would get all the answers to her questions…

God, you take as long getting dressed as a girl… Well, more than a girl, I’d say considering I was here first.” She said, her tone teasing but not mocking.  She had braided her hair quickly while getting prepared, getting all of her hair out of her face. She took a brief moment to eye him, knowing that his suit was giving a pretty good impression of his form, but she suppressed the thought that came next as quickly as it formed and the smile that threatened to turn flirtatious was also brought under control. He would see soon enough that she found him very easy on the eye, and see it in a way that no one would be able to ear, over hear or notice; that was good enough for her.

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:33 AM »

“God, you take as long getting dressed as a girl… Well, more than a girl, I’d say considering I was here first.”

Lennox smirked, "Only because I let you get here first." Now, they had talked and exchanged almost personal details about each other, Lennox had time to think about another thing; about who exactly he was piloting with. A woman who takes nothing into the drift was a complex thing for his head to wrap around, and the fact that she had become his equal in training and sparring certainly had been something he had noticed and rather...admired.

His jaw clenched. Was it even the right word? His eyes moved to look at Striker, "After you, left or right?"

Cynadea

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 02:13:48 AM »

Pffft. That’s the equivalent of me telling you that I let you win earlier.” She replied on the same tone. Rather than to go down the ladder step by step, Maddie put one hand on either side, feet the same way and she let herself slide down into the head of the big metal giant. She was anxious beyond what she had ever been before in her life. She had dreamed of this moment; she knew that it was a make or break situation, that they could not fail or else her dream would be taken away from her.

I am a leftie, so if you don’t mind…” she said, going toward the left seat and climbing into the stirrups. She was going to pilot Striker-fraking-Eureka. She sensed another bout of girly excitement and giggle coming about, which she shoved right back down.  “I don’t think it will happen, but should I decided to go down memory lane rather than focus on the job… My father used to call me ‘Mads’ when I was being an unreasonable teenager. It should help me snap out of it.” She lowered her weight against the back support that would keep her upright and held her helmet in front of her, ready to put it on.

The screens and gages in front of them suddenly lit up, allowing them to see the controls that would guide them during fights with the Kaiju. Maddie went through the screens, mentally maping where everything was. She had never been on a mark-5 before and knew that they had little time to get used to where everything was.

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »

“Pffft. That’s the equivalent of me telling you that I let you win earlier.”

Lennox smirked once more at the comment, hiding a chuckle as he 'coughed' into his sleeve. Though he would not admit it, the limited exposure and small amount of time that he had spent with Maddie was almost like having a sibling to actually banter around with. Perhaps Maddie would have gotten a sense when she took a step into his complicated mess of a life. He followed right behind her, making sure she had gotten off the ladder before doing the exact same motion.

For using the ladders were overrated and boring.

He took the right, sliding his own feet into the clamps, the metallic sound echoing loudly in the Conn-Pod.

“I don’t think it will happen, but should I decided to go down memory lane rather than focus on the job… My father used to call me ‘Mads’ when I was being an unreasonable teenager. It should help me snap out of it.”

"Maddie the Mad teenager, would you look at that. Zen girl, being unreasonable, unbelievable." Lennox replied, mildly mocking her. Yet, he took it on board for the both of their safety. He did not work this hard to get where he was to be shoved back onto the ground without a jaeger. This needed to work.

Sounds of metal attaching and clamping into their suits were filling the void of silence as everything lit up around them. Lennox hoped that Maddie couldn't see the glee that crept into his eyes as he stared at the luminous screens around them. He had seen the simulations similar to this, but having the chance to, it was....breath-taking.

"If things go awry, I guess a solid punch would work," He shot Maddie a lopsided grin before his eyes were back on the prize. He clicked on the comms, so that LOCCENT had the chance to speak to them. "How we doing, computer geeks? Ready for the neural handshake yet?"

lethal-pageant