Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Crown of Roses Inn.  (Read 236 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 147
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
The Crown of Roses Inn.
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:14:31 AM »

A stately little pub within spitting distance of the walls to the palace, a place well renown as a meeting spot for Aes Sedai and their eyes and ears. A place of gossip, good wine and even better songs if you pay the gleeman well.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: The Crown of Roses Inn.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:30:21 AM »

<<From Whitebridge>>

The answers were given, words exchanged but none from Corese. She still hadn't fully recovered and there were several moments along the way back she feared that her hearing would never return; that to a Maiden was almost as bad as death, for as warriors, their hearing is one of the prime senses they relied upon. She did though place herself in between the Ashaman and the Aes Sedai, with Elayne close by, all the while regretting Leane forcing her to wear wetlander clothes, all she wanted to do right now was to pull her Shoufa over her face and melt into the shadows.

They did at least make it safely to the inn, a fairly wealthy looking establishment in Corese's view. She wondered what her spear sisters would make of it, not to mention all the males gawking at them as their little procession made their way through the winding streets.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:52:09 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »

The Crown of Roses. One of Elaine's favorite inns, and the place she always stayed at when she was in Caemlyn. It didn't hurt that the proprietor was one of her long-time agents. She kept a cache of gold and weapons here, and could get any needed supplies in short order.  Elaine and Robert, like experienced campaigners, were sitting with their backs to the wall and a good view of the doors. She looked over at Corese. The young former spearmaiden was looking around curiously. She would find even more things to stare at the longer she was in their disreputable company. Then Elaine looked at the male channelers. She had never met any before. She had heard that they were sworn to the Lord Dragon, but she would reserve judgement on them until she had seen more. She did give them credit for helping out against the trollocs and Darkfriends.
Robert Laurel

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:42:26 PM »

<<From Whitebridge>>

Miriel and Jayda exchanged long awaited hugs after the usual banter of course between them. They had grown together both as women and Aes Sedai having been novices, accepted and then very junior Shawl wearers from the beginning, the smaller rather verbal child of a Tearan fisherman and the tall daughter of Mayene royalty being a rather odd match. Yet despite the vast differences between their origins and upbringing, the two of them got along through life in the White Tower as if the Wheel or perhaps some Ta'veren had woven the threads of fate around them, there was always that possibility of course. That they did bond so well was often a talking point among their peers, with many always looking towards the two as if they were plotting something, which of course as youngsters they often were.

"This be all we are Sister, sadly one or two others had to suddenly attend to affairs elsewhere. If Leane were so not occupied down in Salidar I'm sure she'd be here with us." That was the last Miriel said before they entered the city. Now they had arrived the next phase of their adventure would begin, planning and of course plotting the steps they would take to ensure the Dragon Reborn was at the last battle. She noted that Elaine had safely guided the former Maiden to the Inn safely, something Miriel should have taken care of except for the distractions the city always provided.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:25:57 PM by MelsMum »

Hamdilla

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Hamdilla A new starter.
  • hamdullah :) I like to RP....A lot
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 06:36:48 PM »

Jayda was content to ride along with her friend, a sense of ease allotted rarely, and often more so of late. Today Jada wore her shawl, green fringed, while the dragon banner was sewn into the back of her skirts, to trail on the train behind her vivid green silken dress with a low cut and yellow lacework. It was evident even as she road, covering her stallion's back. Her eyes scanned everything, resting too long on no one person or thing. "In this, dear friend, I cannot speak with only the Tower's best interest in mind, though I may sway it with my words. I am Dragonsworn now, just as those Asha'man are. I have sworn oaths, and they are binding."

She didn't sound happy nor unhappy about the oaths, it was something she was resigned to, a part of life now.

Getting from her warhorse was easy, she was tall enough it was hardly more than sliding out of seat. Her dress flowed smoothly behind as she dismounted outside of the inn, handing her reigns to the eldest man there. "Watch the bit in his mouth, he bites. Grain feed, no hay." She turned then, watching the young women enter the inn, then Miriel swept in and she waited on the Asha'man.

Regality simply fit her. She didn't have to try for authority or a mask of confidence, battle trained she knew her limits and thus her confidence was well shaped. She entered the inn as if a palace court, her head of brown hair slightly curly and her dress embroidered with the Dragon Banner on the train. She looked around inside. She did not touch the partial ter'angreal netting on her wrist, but it was good to know the angreal was on it if needed.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:44:39 PM by Hamdilla »

Jayda "Jay" sur Paendrag Paeron | Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah | Dragonsworn
 Fayrin (Fey-rin) North Winds | The Regal Wars | Pagan Priestess
 Viera El’tun Faendral | Ancient Sith | Sorceress

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:48:01 AM »

The young maiden stared at the woman's attire, she tried to make out the words being spoken by reading the lips, possibly missing every second word or so. But in the end she did get the general concept, this Aes Sedai was one of those from Dumai's Wells who had sworn to the Car'a'carn, Dragonsworn they called themselves. For an Aiel, that was a strange concept, as all her people apart from the Shaido, they were automatically sworn to him by default and prophecy. To the Aiel, he was a weapon and their purpose was to ensure he reaches Tarmon Gaidon in one piece, even if they had to drag him there. Slowly she spoke, not exactly hearing the words in her head, but knowing exactly what she was saying. "We..we were told by Avalyn Sedai of a scroll, should we not be focusing on how we should find this item?" All she wanted to do was get away from the city and the crowds, the camp at Salidar was enough for her lifetime.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:53:13 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 07:32:40 PM »

Elaine looked around the inn. While nobody seemed to be trying to pay attention to them, there were a few of the patrons whom she didn't like the looks of. She turned towards the aes sedai. "Miriel, some of our business should not be discussed in public. Should I get a private dining room for us?"
Robert Laurel

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »

Max had decided, just before they reached the Pub, to go and run some errands before taking it easy. Having presumably done so, he arrived at the pub well after everyone else, and came walking in right as talk about moving the conversation to a more private space came up.

"Let's not go too far, I just got here!" He said as he walked up to the others, as if he had been there the whole time, despite his words stating the opposite.

"Sorry I was so long. Got a bit tied up with some...business, but I'm here now."

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.Ellen_Ripley has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »

The Blue looked up at the Asha'man's arrival, timely as it was he hadn't missed anything all too important at this point. Miriel was at least pleased that in the short term they had a small group from which they could pool some resources to get their mission under way. She had her reservations though, knowing the Reds and at worst the Black Ajah would be having some inkling of the very same knowledge she had as well. That worried her just slightly.

"At this point Sister, as we move around Caemlyn, we should consider all of us as Dragonsworn, this being for the sake of it for now his principle city of recall other than Tear. It will make things go more smoothly for us as well if we should need Elayne's assistance at any time; which I am hoping to avoid." She nodded to the 'other' Elaine. "Make it so please dear, the things we have to discuss are for our ears only." She knew wards would certainly have to take place.

Then turning to both Corese and Max she spoke slowly and carefully. "You two pose the greatest risk for the time being, that being said we do not for one moment dismiss the value you bring to us. But-" She raised a slender browned finger. "-we need you to be as inconspicuous as possible while we remain within the city limits, not that it is because of who you are, both Aeil and Asha'men are seen regularly here. No it is merely your 'talents' that may cause unease and certainly unwanted attention. Am I clear on that?"

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 06:31:49 AM »

Elaine nodded and walked over to speak with the innkeeper. A quick word and he nodded and showed her himself to the room's door and opened. It was large and enclosed on all sides and well light. She thanked the man, went the door and nodded at Miriel.
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 10:27:15 PM »

"Not again?" Corese said to herself. She had just gone through the indignity of disguising herself at the behest of Leane and even then she thought it totally unnecessary, but on this point she did rather get a little of the drift Miriel Sedai was getting at. Both her and Max were oddities, a man who could channel and a wilder Aiel Maiden who could do the same and in ways even some of the Sisters back at Altara thought so totally wrong.

Glancing quickly a Max before answering, she then lowered her head as she replied. "As the Wheel wills Aes Sedai?" She lied through her teeth though.
Far Dareis Mai

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »

Mazim loathed being told what to do, least of all by an Aes Sedai; that said, he hated the thought of having those cool eyes trained on him, which had already happened a couple of times since they began traveling together, and having the feeling to his skin of being raked over hot coals. Her facial expression wasn't prone to changing in these moments, but her silence, and those eyes, spoke volumes.

"I will do all I can to avoid drawing attention, Aes Sedai." He replied simply, his phrasing acquiescent, but a slight hint of irritation to his voice. He did well enough governing his movements and actions, as well as his words, but he wasn't exactly known for any proficiency in hiding his emotions. Even when his face was flat and devoid of emotion, his eyes, and his tone of voice often gave away how he felt about something, unless he had the presence of mind to conceal it behind a deceptively nonchalant facade.

He felt bad at once for feeling that contempt towards her, she who helped in the fight against the Trollocs, and who had been so helpful towards the others, but it was hard to let go of what he had been taught growing up. Aes Sedai do things for their own reasons, and they're not always the reasons one thinks.

"If it helps, assign someone to accompany me. I could use the company, and I'd be more reliable if I'm not getting lost all of the time."

He didn't seem to realize he had just, in the eyes of the exceptionally astute, revealed that this may have possibly been why he was so late arriving at the Inn after running his errands. Men might overlook such seemingly trivial details, but women always caught things like that, especially if it was something a man was trying to conceal.

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

lethal-pageant