Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: star trek discover  (Read 232 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: star trek discover
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 08:20:24 PM »

I'm personally also very fearful or a Mary Sue Character.

There was a release on the Star Trek Website. (the official one.) that had a description of the character wish was "She is a super intelligent cadet in her last year of star fleet academy assigned to the discovery. Though I am not against it. Its more just, change Discovery to Enterprise and you ligitimatly have the origional Mary Sue bio in a scentence.
Clone Troopers - The Same Man All Trying To Be Different
Storm Troopers - Different Men All Trying To Be The Same

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Cipherhornet18 is working their way up.Cipherhornet18 is working their way up.Cipherhornet18 is working their way up.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »

I don't think this is set in the Prime timeline, everything about the design says "Kelvin" to me, and it doesn't do a very convincing job of bridging ENT and TOS otherwise. The bridge design and the uniforms look more Kelvin, since the uniforms look more like the jumpsuits that everyone was wearing at Starfleet Academy at the beginning of Star Trek. It's not looking like we're going to be jumping from these designs to Prime TOS-era. Which I'm not against to it being set in the Kelvin era, and you have to look at it from the perspective of what are the newer fans who have only seen the Kelvin movies going to recognize better? Kelvin or Prime? And I'm also not against giving the Kelvin era a chance to expand its own story.

But, I'm not prepared to crucify the show just because I don't like the look of the ship. Everyone was saying how awesome it was that they were taking a concept design by Ralph McQuire (or however his name is spelled) from The Motion Picture, but that doesn't give it a free pass. But it is what it is, no sense being bitter about it. I mean, how many people didn't like the shape of DS9 or the look of the USS Voyager, or hell, the Enterprise D or Enterprise E? Or thought NX-01 being basically an upside down Akira-class was lazy?

I'm willing to let this show try before I decide or not, it's seriously not like any of us are going to lose anything but a little time if it doesn't pan out. And after Axanar got gutted because everyone on both sides got greedy, I didn't expect much more from Star Trek except whatever small efforts made by Star Trek Online.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.Bowsy 112 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 10:33:18 PM »

I have to agree with Cipher on all counts.

But.

I'm sure its said to be set in the prime time line. Not saying your wrong, I am not willing to travel through logs on the ST website to find the articles, I am just 90% sure its set in the prime time line.

Also as you said I am not going to crucify it just because I think it dosnt look right at this point, I will give it a chance, its just, hard not to get ideas at this point, especially after being sent the trailer 40 times to watch and getting emails about it from the Star Trek website every other day.

I just feel that its going to be, well, like Stargate Universe. They seam to be setting that tone by one of their latest announcements. I dont now if anybdy has seen it, but the thing about how, unlike the other star treks where the principle cast would all back each other up and be after the same goal. That will not be the case for Discovery, from what I am led to believe, it means there is going to be lots of drama between crew members. Though I dont know if this will be relationship stuff like, say Trip nd T'pol from ENT or more like Rush having his own goals and framing Young for Murder in SGU.

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »

I must admit, however, that at first glance, the first aliens are fascinated

Syn

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.
    • Debate Humanity - My Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »

That is meant to be the klingon redesign.

I hate it.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Teddy Thumb turning green.Teddy Thumb turning green.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »

It's kinda horrid, l am reminded of Wizard of Oz for some reason 

Khnum

• Captain
  • Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!Khnum has great potential!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »

Oh  my  gods :D

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 05:54:49 PM »

I must admit, however, that at first glance, the first aliens are fascinated

Definatly looks more like JJ Verse

Khnum

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 01:37:53 AM »

If I'm really a new version of Klingon ... well, well I was hoping for the tzenketi sincerely

elflord

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • elflord A new starter.
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 06:07:53 PM »

i'm looking forward more to the Orville than Star Trek Discovery and I so have to say,  the Half Vulcan thing has been done to death in fact I would rather have a Half Andorian or some other star trek federation race so we can find out more about there people and way of life. I'm so sick of Vulcans dealing with there emotions all the time, in fact I would rather have a story about a dead parrot on the ship, than have to watch anther story about yet anther  Half Vulcan or Vulcan with emotion problems will they please stop flogging that dead horse already.

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »

She's fully human, she was just raised on Vulcan. There's a difference. The only half-Vulcan we've seen is Spock. Tuvok was the only other major character on TV that was Vulcan. With all Enterprise did to flesh out the Andorians, it would be cool to see that continued on Discovery.

Khnum

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:08 AM »

I look forward to arriving this series to be able to admire or demolish it :yes:

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 09:29:35 AM »

[/url]
Pages: 1 [2]