Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Department of Defence HQ Sydney  (Read 84 times)

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
Department of Defence HQ Sydney
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »

The Defence Plaza is situated in the downtown CBD of Sydney, located in Pitt St. A twenty five story building with the upper twelve floors occupied by the DoD and the lower three. Hidden within level twenty four is the SGC Pacific Liaison office, staffed by six permanent personnel, four Australians and two US Air Force officers. The CO of the facility is Wing Commander Leanne Bray.

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Department of Defence HQ Sydney
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »

<From SGC via Apollo>

The dark red head looked up from her desk when she both heard the sound, then a micro second after saw the flash beneath the door that sealed the 'incoming' room. Not much bigger than a decent sized bathroom, the SGC reception room here in Australia was given adequate protection by Leanne's outer office, then a guard post beyond that. It was positioned in such a way that even if viewed from another building opposite, there wouldn't be a thing to be seen. If said building existed, which it didn't. Directly opposite in Pitt St were a few older 1930's brick buildings now more than four or five stories high.

A moment later Anne appeared with another woman behind her. "Leanne, how are you dear? Its been a while hasn't it?" As usual, Anne was possibly the most casual officer you'd ever likely to meet, her primary focus being a doctor before a Naval officer.

It wasn't required, but nonetheless Leanne stood. "Commodore. Yes it has, about three months this time around I think."

"That'd be about it. Last time I saw my grand kids in fact. Wing Commander Leanne Bray, this is Princess Ríoghnach Aoibhell, one of the Kelt ambassadors to Earth. Ri, Leanne is a former 302 pilot, she was wounded some time ago in Pegasus." If Ri had X-ray vision, she would have noted the Wing Commander was sporting a prosthetic left leg.

You'd never know it though the way she moved. Easily she swung around her desk offering a hand. "Welcome to Australia Princess, we were expecting you soon, so you'll understand why I don't look surprised." Everything that went through the SGC in Springs, was relayed here in less than a heartbeat. "You'll be going to Concord or Penguin Anne?" She asked, falling into the familial.

Anne looked over her glasses, the woman was good. She should still be doing what she loved doing, which of course may well happen. Leanne was next in line after Cooper Maxwell for the full leg 'replacement', much as was done with Bonnie. "Concord unless someone has asked to see me at Penguin, Leanne."

"No not that I know of."The other replied.

With a nod, that was what Anne needed to hear. She hated having to explain her comings and goings to staff over at the Naval hospital, as not all of them were in the 'loop' so to speak.

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:42:41 PM »

Rioghnach stepped forward to shake the officer's hand. "Wing Commander, I have been sadly behind in my duties in coming to meet you. The only excuse I have is that we have been getting our enclave in order. Please call me Ri, or Rioghnach." She looked over at Anne. "So how do we get to Concord?" she asked.
Robert Laurel

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:57:26 AM »

{W/Commander Leanne Bray} NPC

A quick firm shake was all she needed to know the quality of the woman, the offered words helped immensely as well. "Thank you ma- Ri. Unfortunately I am in complete agreement with you as it would seem to be these days, I guess even on your world we are governed by the speed and pace at which things need to be done." She had a moment to step back, tapping on her intercom console.

"Staff car?" Anne inquired to the question.

Leanne nodded as she spoke softly into the device."You're a Commodore Anne, so there you go." Even Captains or Colonels get to ride free, it was a fact of life."Basement garage. By the time you get there a car will be waiting. And its a pleasure to meet you Riognach, by the way." She replaced the handset, a small hobble in her walk betrayed her condition. You'd have to be sharp to notice though.

With a satisfied smile Anne tapped the younger Australian on the shoulder. "I'll see you when we come back. Thank you Leanne." She then led Ri out through the next security door, passed two burly guards (one Australian Sailor and one US Marine) then down the short passage to the secured lift, or elevator as others call it.

<<To Concord Hospital>>

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.Robert Laurel is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »

The two women conversed as the elevator made it's quick down. "She handles her prosthesis well. We are able to regrow limbs, but we have found that it takes six to eight months for the limb to completely grow back and up to a year for the patient to full regain use of the limb."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:07:13 PM by Robert Laurel »
Robert Laurel

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »

It was as if Ri was reading her mind, perhaps she was. One never knew with the Kelts for in the short space of time Anne had known that race, she had noticed quite a few peculiarities with them, mind probing she wasn't in doubt of, not since Cate's connection with both them and the El'Dari. As the lift descended, she chose her words carefully. "We thought of that, I'm sure you're aware of our current medical research into incubating organs, skin was the first. Recently fingers and thumbs have been grown. But for us within the Stargate community, often we don't have the luxury of the time needed to implement these things. So we have gone another route. Cybernetics." One word, that was all it took. "When we get to my office at Concord, before we look at the burns clinic, there is something I can show you."

The door slid open as they reached the basement garage, Anne's eyes fell on the white Statesman Caprice with the single star defence licence plate, a young Leading Seaman driver stood by the rear door with it open. She recognised him from Penguin. "Hello Louis, they have you up late don't they?"

His dark face lit up when he saw Anne. "For you Doc, I'd do double shifts." He was one of her former patients, having had her remove his appendix some three years ago as well as other minor injuries he incurred once aboard the Success when both were posted aboard that ship. "Concord ma'am?"

"Yes and don't bother with the scenic route either, as best as you can in the traffic lad." She waited for Ri, to allow her to get in first.

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:16:12 PM »

"Thank you, Louis, if I may call you that," Ri said as she got into the car and made room for Anne to get in. "I am Doctor Aoibhell." She gave a look at Anne as if to ask if it was still appropriate to continue their conversation here.
Robert Laurel

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »

{L/SMT Louis Canto} NPC

As Anne slid in, Louis closed the door gently. A moment later he was in the drivers seat directly in front of Ri, he glanced in the rear view mirror to acknowledge her. "Perfectly fine Doctor." He had to smile, the young man had been fully briefed earlier, he knew exactly who Anne's guest was, but he had also signed the SGC's non disclosure contract three years ago, having had the luxury and wonderful experience of serving on two of the 304's. Not something he was likely to forget for some time to come and of course he'd be back there quite soon, the only reason he was home now was because of a few family matters that needed clearing up.

Shifting the limousine into drive, Louis took them up the ramps and out into the evening peak hour traffic. Fortunately it was still winter here in Sydney, giving them the opportunity to see the city in its most vibrant look, with the lights of the buildings shining brightly, directly competing with the late sunset. Anne merely carried on, letting Ri know the man driving them was as safe as houses. "Leading Seaman Canto here was on the Daedalus six months ago, no seven months ago now Ri. She was hit by a devastating attack from within, we lost many and many were injured, one of those a young Airman, Bonnie Heckman was burnt severely. Louis was among the engineering crew who was responsible for saving her. But, its not that I wanted to go into right now. You'll see soon enough." It was just so bloody marvelous they had been able to achieve what they did, even more so that seven months later Bonnie was on fully operational duties.

Soon the driver had managed to navigate their way through the busy city streets. A beautiful sight was to come into view as they crossed the Anzac Bridge.

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »

"I am very impressed," Ri said. "I read up on the history of Australia when I found out we were going to be posted here. Gallipoli, Anzac Cove, Salonika, The Hundred Days Offensive, the Hindenburg Line, Crete, Tobruk..." Her voice faded off. "You have much to be proud of." She changed the subject. "We do have people who's bodies reject the treatment for limb and organ regeneration, so we are quite familiar with cybernetics. Perhaps in time we can help."
Robert Laurel