Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cameron Mitchell's Residence - 3166 Oak Creek Dr E - Colorado Springs  (Read 121 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"

Although Cam has his own quarters at the SGC, he decided to purchase a house in town as a place to get away from the stresses of the job. There was another reason, which was that he intended to have a place ready when Amy Vandenburg finally moved to Colorado Springs. It was situated in a nice little neighborhood in the south part of Colorado Springs, a two story house with a sizable garage in the front of the house.

That was, of course, a must for his 1969 Ford Mustang, as well as his most recent acquisition, a 2010 Shelby GT500 Mustang. The latter had been a must after a few problems cropped up with the classic Mustang and he was not about to get chewed out for being late for his choice in cars...

Cam had just gotten back yesterday from visiting Amy back home in Kansas. After returning from Atlantis and filling in for Colonel Sheppard for a month, he was given a month's leave, which he spent almost completely back home. Now he was back, dreading the next thing awaiting him at the SGC; rebuilding SG-1 again. He only hoped that this time, it didn't take the arrival of the Ori to get the team he wanted together.

But for the moment, he was distracting himself with a match of Zombies in Call of Duty: Black Ops over the PlayStation Network. Well. Sort of.

On the screen, his character turned around, brought up his sci-fi modified M16A1, and began firing into the pursuing horde of zombies that had infested Baikanour Cosmodrome.

"Dude! You idiot!" One of the players shouted over the voice chat. Another was laughing.

"What...did he seriously?" Cam asked, realizing that the laughing player's character was flying away to another corner of the map on a rocket powered lander platform, leaving the others between a wall and a horde of zombies.

"Suckers. I'm going for the box." The laughing player said.

"That's the third time!" Another one of the players protested as Cam's character swapped to the under barrel M203 and fired a grenade round into the horde, but it wasn't stopping them. Even the added fire of his remaining two teammates was not slowing this horde down. And sure enough, they were overwhelmed and left to bleed out.

"How are we going to get the achievement with this guy trolling us?" The first player asked.

"You guys just suck, you gotta get good, noobs." The trolling player replied, laughing.

"Kid, I'm sorry you have such little control of your life you have to act like a jerk to people you never even met. Are you also rude to retail or fast food employees too?" Cam asked, rolling his eyes.

"I'm rude to yo momma!" The troll replied.

"...that was the dumbest retort I've ever heard. I'll see two of you later. I'm out." Cam said, and logged out of the game, and then shut off the PlayStation. There was something else he wanted to take care of, he just had been putting it off until he knew how to even ask it.

He picked up his phone off of the end table, swiped through the menus until he found the contact he was looking for.

Sam.

Taking a breath, he knew he was going to get the advise he needed from his good friend, though he wasn't going to be able to ask the expecting mother to solve the SG-1 problem. But this was another matter he needed help on, and Sam had the best insight he could think of on the subject.

How was he going to balance making a life with Amy Vandenburg and remaining with the SGC?

Cam selected the contact and hit the dial button, waiting for the response.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 147
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Cameron Mitchell's Residence - 3166 Oak Creek Dr E - Colorado Springs
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:59 PM »

*Phone*

"Cam, what a surprise. What are you up to?" ~sound of dog barking in background~
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:43 PM »

Cam stood up and started for the kitchen, now filled with the urge to look for something to drink as Sam picked up.

"Yeah, I got back in last night. Been kicking around the house today, and now that I'm fed up with babysitting kids on Call of Duty, I had something I needed to talk with you about. You got some time or do you need to go wrangle in that pup again?" He cracked an unseen grin as he opened the fridge, grabbing a Coke.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »

*phone*

"Rosie, nah she's fine Cam. A longer leash might be in order though. I do though as you would expect, have quite a lot of time to spare; would you like to drop by? Jack is here as is Sarah and Cheryl. Now if only we could round up the others we could have quite a party."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 10:25:43 PM »

Cam popped open the can as he shut the fridge, chuckling.

"Sam, you might want to consider a tow rope for that rambunctious pup, just saying. In fact, I was hoping you would be free, but just don't expect the rest of the band." Cam replied, already grabbing the keys to the Shelby. He knew that tomorrow, he was going to have to go through the song and dance again of rebuilding the team, but at least this time he knew what to expect and who to look for...

"In fact, I'm still half surprised I don't have a voice mail from Miami asking for me to post her bail. Without Jackson there, I was expecting to have to book an emergency flight from Kansas to Miami." Cam joked, referring to Vala, who was on vacation in Miami. Obviously, she had come a long way from being the rogue who had tried to sell off the Prometheus, but he also knew she liked to alleviate boredom with chaos.

Cam grabbed his wallet next, before grabbing the Coke he opened, locked up his place, and headed out into the garage, where the black Mustang and the blue and white striped Shelby waited.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »

*phone*

"Knowing Vala, she is either sunbaking on the beach or shopping. We pay her way too much I'm afraid."

"Give her a call Cam, I know she has that phone on her hip 24/7 even in that ridiculously teeny bikini she is so fond of. As for Daniel, his head is in his books at the moment, I don't think he has the team motivation going for him." Sam might have sounded distracted, but you couldn't blame her.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 05:19:16 PM »

Cam took a sip of his Coke and then hit the button to open the garage door.

"Yeah. I still wonder how that happened. I'm surprised it hasn't put a dent in the Program's budget." Cam got into the Shelby and fired it up. Though the 5.4L V8 wasn't as pronounced as the 351 Cleveland in his Mustang, it still gave a satisfying grumble.

"Alright, I'm on my way to your place now. Should be about half an hour or so, since you and Jack live out in the boonies." Once that call was done, Cam set his phone to sync up to the car's audio and then went back through the contacts, selecting Vala's number and hit dial. While it was ringing, he put the car into reverse and backed out of the garage, lowering the garage door once he was clear, and then started making his way out of suburbia for the interstate.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 10:25:26 PM »

*phone*

"Doesn't it make you wonder Cam after six years she hasn't asked for a rise? I'm sure someone slipped up in that area with an extra zero somewhere." Another laugh before she rang off. "We'll see you when you get here then Cam, drive carefully."
Far Dareis Mai

lethal-pageant