Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stargate: Dawn of man  (Read 381 times)

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
Stargate: Dawn of man
« on: September 01, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »

I'm not actually sure if this goes here, so I'm putting it here anyway, and if it doesn't belong, someone can move it.

Anyway, I am currently involved in a Stargate game on a different site, and I felt like sharing because I'm a nice guy, it's interesting, and none of you will know what the hell I'm talking about.

Anyway, the game is a Nation RP, a fusion between nation games, where you pick a nation and play as it, in the vein of Civilization, Europa Universalis, and Age of Empires (sorta), and a roleplay, like the one we have here. You make a nation, play as it, research tech, make new weapons, expand, etc. But each turn you will also have a plot to roleplay, whether it be exploration, a battle, or a diplomatic meeting. These plots give you extra resrarch, production points, unlock new techs to research, give you new planets or allies, that sort of thing. You then factor it in, and add it in the next turn.

the game itself is set in the time of Ra, around 1800 AD. The Goa'uld are the rulers of the galaxy, and everyone else in the game is a minor power trying to keep from getting stomped on, at least in the beginning. Alliances are made, armies are raised, mechs are built, wars are fought, and things are awesome.

I'll post the link to the Google docs with all the plots we've done thus far, so you can read yourself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Doc 1.

Doc 2.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 147
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate: Dawn of man
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »

documents take forever to load :fp

So what are you asking Flame? do you want to play this out here?
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:41 PM »

That's because I hit the file limit on the first one. There's a lot of text in there man.

And no, I'm not. I just figured that this is a community of somewhat avid stargate fans, and they might enjoy seeing something Stargate related that I have been involved with recently.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 147
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:22:43 AM »

ah right :)

Understood  :sam59:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »

For anyone who's interested, stuff has happened in the game, and we've figured out a workaround on the 'documents take forever to load' thing. Enjoy

Link

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 08:58:58 AM »

It would have been nice :D

lethal-pageant