Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Mainland  (Read 569 times)

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: The Mainland
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 09:57:31 PM »

<River>

Evan was in his element, his mind far far away as the first lines of his charcoal begin creating what would be a landscape of this beautiful land. The canvas he had chosen was quite large, so it was something of a pain in the mitka to be disturbed when at last he did in fact hear Teyla calling to him. Turning slowly to see her face, for one thing he wanted to be sure it wasn't a hoax of hers just to pull him away from what he was doing. Naturally though he knew 'she' wouldn't do such a thing, but he had to be sure. "Couldn't manage without me could they? Melinda and Reese I take it?" He knew something of what those two were doing here, not all of it of course.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 03:13:45 AM »

<Brina Talsmena> NPC

Just as the girls were getting things set in order, Brina's first contractions began to take hold of her. She screamed in pain, as she fully knew all too well there was no way she could deliver this child. Through clenched teeth she begged them. "Hurry, please hurry."

Melinda was well aware, she didn't need another reminder. "I'll be back Reese. The moment I touch down, hopefully by that time Evan and Teyla will have returned." She wanted to do more, but right now there was little else to do. Mel ran like the wind then, leaving Reese alone with the girl.

"If fate decrees a girl be born from my limbs this ......day. She will carry both your names..." That took everything Brina had to say so much.

<By the River>

"Yes and no Evan." Teyla said hurridly. "One of our younger women is giving birth, both Doctors recommend we take her back to Atlantis since its quite apparent to both them and myself Brina my need assistance in the delivery....please hurry. I'll have someone watch over your things." Then once again she was off sprinting.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:52:27 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:13 AM »

Reese silently groaned.  this wasn't good at all.  But trying to perform a c-section here could be very bad and she would only do it if it was the only way to save both mother and child.  Right now she prayed they still had a few minutes and that Mel was a fast runner.  They needed to hurry.

Reese gently smoothed Brina's hair out of her face.  'Shh, save your strength.  You and your little one will be fine.  Just stay strong for me for a bit longer," she said softly.  They needed to hurry.

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.MelsMum has an aura about them.
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »

<River>

Lorne's eyebrows raised visibly and while he was no doctor, he had been around enough women including his sister to be well aware that Teyla was talking about doing a cesarean and he also knew that simply wasn't something they could do here at the settlement. "I'm right behind you Teyla." Dropping his charcoal onto the small easel tray, he wasn't concerned for his things, the Athosians were both far too honest to even give them a second glance. In a few quick strides he was at Teyla's side matching her pace until such time she led him back to where the young woman was with Reese . "Just tell me what to do Doc, no matter what you have in mind." He noted the young Vet Melinda wasn't there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 01:55:55 AM »

<Brina Talsmena> NPC

By this time the pain was getting to Brina. But being who she was and an Athosian to boot, she was determined not to make a show of it, merely clenching her teeth while she did her best to focus her mind on something else. That of course was the young man who had helped create this child, now dead of course as these things happened when the two of them were of that group who had been captured by the Wraith Worshipers. She had shed her tears for him long ago, now she only wished and hoped that their child would survive as a tribute to his memory and bravery. "I will last..." She said weakly to Reese.

As she ran, Teyla spoke as best as she could without winding herself into the bargain. "I think that both Reese and Melinda will need to attend Brina. We need to get her back to the city as soon as we can, so Evan you will need to fly us." She didn't even think about the fact that there were now two Puddle Jumpers there, nor what the girls had planned. By the time the two of them were reaching the small cottage, Teyla looked up as she saw one of the Jumpers at least making a landing right in between the small spaces of the houses at this end of the settlement. That had to be Melinda and sure enough as she covered her face from the dust, the rear door opened she saw Mel running out to the house.

"I thought this would save time!" She yelled at them as she disappeared inside. Quickly she knelt beside Reese, feeling a little breathless as she had been running for her life's worth. "How is she doing now Reese?"

Not far behind her, Teyla appeared in the door with Evan. Taking the scene in quickly she thanked Mel for her effort. "Definitely Melinda and thank you." She looked over her shoulder. "Evan we can assist Brina, if you would have the Jumper ready as soon as we have her inside please."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!sorra has great potential!
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »

Reese didn't know much about Atlantis yet or the Athosians, but she did wonder where the father of the baby was.  She was thinking now wasn't the time to ask though as Brina looked to be struggling to keep it together.  "Shh," she soothed.  "They'll be here soon and then we'll make sure you and your little one are safe," she promised.  She didn't know if she could truly keep that promise but she would do everything in her power to make sure she did.

She turned as she heard Mel enter. "She's weak.  We need to get her back there now," Reese answered, holding Brina's hand.  She wasn't going to lose this girl.  She refused.

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »

Evan was rather taken aback when he saw the Puddle Jumper lower itself down in between the narrow muddied paths of the small mud and daub cottages, even he would have been reluctant to try that. "Nice flying." He whistled through his teeth, making a note to himself to say something to the blonde Vet sooner rather than later. "You've got it Teyla, just do what you have to do, I'll be ready to punch it the moment you're all on board." From there they split, Lorne zipping into the Jumper moments after Melinda left, gaining the pilots seat it was still warm from her occupation of it.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2017, 02:39:07 AM »

NPC

With a speed and efficiency that defied logic, Melinda and Teyla worked together to sit the young woman up. Yes it would be painful for her, but this was there one chance to get her safely to Atlantis. Teyla though knew there was no way she was going to just walk out, so she stayed her hand, bidding them to wait just another few moments. She ducked out, then mere seconds later she was back with four other women to assist. "We'll have to carry her." She told them.

Brina was about to protest, yet she knew the futility of that with Teyla in charge. She sighed deeply allowing them to do what they had to. "I will let you shame me this once Teyla." She said, trying to make light of her predicament.

"Reese, hold her head for us please." Mel asked as she and Teyla took Brina by the shoulders, the other women supporting the young woman by her legs and abdomen. In a very short time, they were carrying her to the jumper, then as they paused inside, one woman went back to grab some blankets to make a bed of sorts on the floor. They laid her in place, the other women retreating as Teyla moved forward.

"Stay with her." She said to Reese and Melinda as she went forward to Evan. "We can go now, we must be quick though." The rear door closed and all the needed now was Evan's flying skills to get them back swiftly.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »

Reese was grateful to see everyone returning.  She didn't know how much longer the poor girl had and she didn't want to risk mom or baby's health.  She shifted out of the way as the other women moved to help Brina up, moving to help support her head.

Once they were aboard Reese moved up by Brina, watching the young woman's breathing.  "It will be over soon," she soothed.  "And you'll be holding your little one."

MelsMum

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »

With one quick glance over his shoulder, Evan was satisfied everything was in place. He had no need to physically check the rear cargo now to see if it was open, with the Jumpers having recently been fitted with small CCTV suite, a small seven inch screen in front of him gave him the confidence to proceed. He could see both the now sealed door and his passengers.

Lifting off he looked over at Teyla, remembering back to that time when she herself carried her own child. Evan wondered silently if the day might come he could be a father, then dismissed the thought as quickly as it came. "I'll let them know we're coming." He said aloud as the little ship lifted from the ground. "Atlantis, this is Lorne. We're returning to the city, could you please alert the medical staff we have a young woman in the last stages of her labor. The doctors may be prepping for a cesarean section." He added at the end.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2017, 03:08:05 AM »

*radio*

"Acknowledged Major, I'll notify them immediately."

NPC

All Teyla had to do now was wait for their arrival. She knew Brina would be in good hands after that. She would wait a while before returning of course, but as soon as she could, she'd be seeing Richard about getting her reconnected with Sheppard and the team.

"I ..I know." Brina said weakly. "You are good people, I trust you." She closed her eyes, now wasn't the time for hysterics, no matter how much pain she was experiencing.

Melinda sat by the girl's side, holding her hand. She looked up at Reese, a worried frown on her face. Tapping her friend on the shoulder, she indicated for them to move to the rear of the little ship. "We need to talk Reese." She said quietly.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 08:40:14 AM »

Reese hated seeing the young girl in so much pain.  Unfortunately there wasn't much she could do right now until they got back to Atlantis.  She looked up at the light tap and nodded, squeezing Brina's hand before standing.  She moved over with Mel, not liking the look she saw on her friend's face. 'What's up?" she whispered.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

lethal-pageant