Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: MX5-473: Tur Salanus  (Read 3027 times)

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
Re: MX5-473: Tur Salanus
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »

I thought genetic memories were quite an uncommon thing to be found..... Juliet thought perplexed, but the whole theory could have had a point, it explained why none of the scientists that had studied the site for weeks reported sight of huge dangerous animals....
She kept her thoughts for herself, though, slightly panting while walking up the hill. She definitely needed to work-out more if she planned on doing other off-world activities. Maybe she could ask for some Bantos-fighting lessons, sounded quite interesting....

At last, she made it to the top, and immediately put down her pack, catching up her breath.
"woah! That is sure huge!" she said, looking amazed at the sight.
"Yes, yes, Jardine, you're obviously right, this cannot be the bridge, it would either be shattered or buried depp underground, since it must have entered the atmosphere the right angle to avoid straining the hull integrity too much, meaning this is the top-back of it, likely a rear-observation port."
She turned to her backpack, rummaged through it to find a torch, put it back on and signaled excited to the other woman.
"Come on, Melinda, coolness is awaiting us!"

As soon as she took a couple of steps inside the wreckage, she noticed a hum coming from it. It wasn't right.
"Is it reacting to our presence? It's not supposed to detect ATA gene.... Has it done that before?!"
"Colonel, please, come here..." she called on the radio.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »

{Colonel Cameron Mitchell}

{Petty Officer Frank Jardine RAN} NPC

"Coming." He replied. Soon enough Cam had joined them, he bent to peer into the damaged opening and his knowledge of Star ships coming to the fore as he looked over the structure. "Definitely Ancienty this is Doctor but why in hell its turned itself on I have no idea, I've seen similar reactions before to things you thought dead for thousands of years." His mind was cast back to Merlin and those adventures with that Orici chick.

Then came the shuddering as something came streaking through the atmosphere, Frank looked up, shielding his eyes. "Sir...guys over there!" He pointed wildly at the incoming ship, at least it appeared to be one. Some few seconds after the dramatic entry it crashed to the sea shore some two miles or so to the south, beyond the Stargate, throwing up a monstrous explosion of water and debris.

Only seeing it briefly, Cam had to react quickly by shouting. "Inside!" He pulled the standing Jardine down by his utility belt, gaining a safe spot behind the hull of the ship. In seconds, it would be raining down upon them, both water and solid matter.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:28 AM »

Just before Cam arrived, Melinda took a slight deviation off the path, only slightly mind. Something had caught her attention out the corner of her eye, a small snake like creature or lizard perhaps. Maybe a combination of the two as it had a snakes head, but six little legs and it made good use of those scampering away from her. She wrinkled her nose in frustration, missing an opportunity for study. Then Juliet called her, and that was all she needed to refocus her attention. Mel ran the last few yards up the steep hill and stood next to the other woman, leaning down and in, her hands on her knees. "Oh my god!" She said joyfully at the sight. "This is awesom...." She didn't finish the sentence as everything started to happen at once.

First the ship seemed to come to life, both Juliet and Cam made mention of it, that made Mel pause quite visibly. Then, hell, or more rightly, Neptune unleashed his fury as the ship entered the atmosphere and hit the sea. Barely time enough to react to Cam's warning, Melinda turned, stepped back and fell into the wrecked ship, screaming out "Giulia!" As it appeared to rain sea water and rubbish upon them. She screamed again as the slick floor of the wreck interior and its acute angle sent her sliding downwards and downwards. Finally after an agonising thirty seconds she came to a stop with a thump against a closed door or a wall or something solid, she couldn't see for the stars circling her eyes. "I'm okay!" She yelled prematurely until she tried to stand, winced in pain and sat back down hard on the floor. "Frak!" She swore, feeling her twisted right ankle. "Why me God, why? You hate me don't you!"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 10:35:06 AM »

"I know, Colonel, but I don't recall stuff like this being mentioned in the reports from the previous t..." 
Juliet couldn't even finish her sentence when everything around her started shaking. She instinctively held onto a metal pipe hanging from the wall on her left and followed Jardine's finger with her sight.
"Che diavolo è quello?!"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
With no more time to find cover, and not daring to left the pipe, she just braced herself and clung to her life when water and debris started crashing over the wrackage, breaking the dome and flooding the observation dek they were in.
Luckily for Julier and the boys, the angle of the ship made most of the water flow to the front and the lower levels, so they just had to hold on and wait.
But then came Olofsson scream, panicked and from afar, and she yelled back, equalli anxious at not finding the other woman close to her.
"Melinda!!
Where are you?!"

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »

Sand! Cam was covered in gritty salt water soaked sand, as was Jardine, but that wasn't the worst of it yet, as the heaviest downpour Cam had ever experienced in his life fell on them like liquid soup. Pebbles from the sea shore, some metallic bits, fish, crustaceans and other unnamed objects were in that as well. For a moment, something like perhaps twenty seconds, Cam thought he was going to drown right there and then as the ship wreckage filled with water; life was having a bad day it would seem.

Yet whoever had built this vessel and Cam was certain it had definite Ancient connections, certainly didn't want to have a frivolous thing like a little flooding to rock their boat so to speak. Since the thing had become active, systems naturally were in place and safety protocols were automatically enacted. Cam, nor the others could see this of course as a deep rumbling permeated the entire structure. Doors and other devices opened, air rushed through the ship and large chunks of earth was blasted away from the vessels hull, exposing even more of it to the world as monstrous fountains of water spewed out.

All of this lasted no more than seconds. Another man made calamity changing the shape of a world. Jardine was first on his feet, pulling Juliet up with this strong arms. "You alright Doc? I mean apart from the soaking?" He asked, looking around for Melinda, her scream seemed to come from everywhere those few moments ago.

"I'm fine to." Cam said disgustingly. "Man, that was some shower wasn't it? I'd better see if our boy is okay. Frank, I think Doc Olofsson is down thataway." He pointed towards what would be the front section, down the long sloping passageway. The angle was though quite sharp, maybe as much as twenty five degrees. "We have ropes, use them. Doctor Montale it maybe better if you let Frank here attach you to a line and ease you down to Olofsson. I'm going to investigate that wreckage and I may need to call it in as well." He cupped his hands to his mouth. "Doctor Olofsson, hold on there, we'll be with you in a little while. Shout if you're okay."

Of course he could have simple used his radio. But they were soaked and needed to dry out to be of any use. Cam climbed out with a struggle, bent back in to speak to them. "Play it safe guys, don't do anything stupid."

"Sir?" Jardine looked back up. "I'm Navy Colonel, not Air Force." The man had no humour whatsoever.

~0~

"Hopman!" Cam shouted repeatedly when he reached the gate. The run and slide down the muddied hill took him only a quarter of the time it took to go up, the last forty yards was on his backside. He looked around earnestly, he couldn't see the young man anywhere, nor his gear, not a trace. Then his eyes were drawn to a tree some two hundred feet to his right, Hopman dangled by his neck, wedged in a fork of the tree and his body twisted in such a ridiculous angle, torn in places and hardly a stitch of clothing on him. "Damn!" Cameron swore. He ran over to the Marine, he wasn't that high off the ground as his feet were only a foot or so from it. Cam looked up, there was no breathing, lifeless eyes stared out on the horizon, fixed on that crashed ship on the sea shore.

There was nothing he could do and this mission was rapidly deteriorating fast. Cam needed back up and quickly, there was no telling what or who was in that small ship, it looked big enough to hold more than he had with him. He trudged back to the gate and dialed home, at least that Tsunami didn't wash the DHD away. Checking his radio with a few clicks, told him it was working, so the second the gate opened he began transmitting.

"Atlantis, this is Mitchell. We have a situation here and I'll need some backup immediately. One KIA'd, one alien ship and a flood akin to Noah's. I'd elaborate but I need to get back to what's left of my team."

*radio*

"Copy that Colonel. Stand by."

Cam waited, he hated waiting. Fate decreed that waiting was a part of life you had to accept, most often he would argue that rule, but he had no choice right now. Fortunately they were on the ball as Woolsey answered.

"Colonel Mitchell, this is Woolsey. Are you under threat? Should the mission be aborted?"

"Hell no sir. Well at least not now and we're in too deep to abort now. One of the Doctors may be injured as well. Sir, just one team and a body bag, there should have been more of us to begin with." A little anger started to creep in now.

"Colonel Mitchell, help will be on the way."

At last someone knows how to do their job, even if he was just a talking suit. "Thank you sir. Mitchell out." Cam turned and started to make his way back up the hill and the first thing he noticed was that another quite large portion of the ship there had been exposed. "Damn!"

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Staff-Team Thumb turning green.Staff-Team Thumb turning green.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:24 PM »

It felt like an eternity as the ship passed through the atmosphere. And the longer she's there, the less control she has of the ship. She begins to curse under her breath and jumps between the panels of the bridge, trying desperately to regain control. Eventually, the ship makes it through the atmosphere, but she's can't slow the ship down.

"Of all the stupid ... " Ashtah desperately tries to remember every word Cullen had told her about flying the ship. Unfortunately, landing it wasn't something she'd tried yet. Neither of them thought it necessary. She knew the basics, but clearly should have had some lessons.

"Oh gods ... Ancestors protect me .. And the ship ..." She continues to curse under her breath, but her angle is too steep and she can't slow the ship down enough to land it properly. Not to mention there's a crow-eaten ocean and a cliff just ahead. She starts to hear the slow screaming of a woman and realises that she is shouting. When the ship finally touches down, it manages to glide across the ocean and ram into the shore. 'Okay, glide may not be the right word.'

As it slides to a halt, Ashtah tries to hang on, but when the ship hits the shore, which granted slows it down, it causes a jolt of further friction, making her slam into the bulkhead of the ship. She tries to go limp before hitting it, but still feels her shoulder snap as it rams into the wall, eliciting a painful grunting groan from her.

Once she's finally stopped moving, she sits there for a moment, panting, waiting for something else to happen. When it doesn't, she lifts her head, whipping her long dark hair out of her face at the same time, She looks around the bridge. Everything seems in tact. A few circuits spark to her left. 'Okay, almost in tact.'

Then she takes a deep breath and grabs her arm, holds her breath and slams her shoulder back into place on the wall of the ship bringing forth yet another painful scream. She sits there panting for a few more moments until the searing pain reduces to a dull throbbing. Then she double checks the bandage on her side and on her leg. Not that burns can really get any worse, but she wanted to make sure nonetheless.

She gets up and presses a few buttons on one of the panels near the captain's chair. Cullen's chair ... She stops, looking at the arm of the chair she'd just been in. Without wanting to, her hand reaches out and touches it, brushing it gently. She can practically hear his rich voice speaking to her. 'Don't worry about me, worry about you. And my ship. Fix my damn ship.' It makes her smile, though sadly, and she goes back to what she was doing; planetary sensors from the ship tell her the atmosphere is breathable and relatively pleasant. Good. At least she wouldn't have to suit up.

She heads to the small, but well-supplied infirmary that is familiar to her only slightly more than the quarters she shared with Cullen when they were both aboard. Without needing to really look around, she gathers a few things; a satchel, some dried meat, water bladder and a few canisters. From a locked closet, she grabs a pulse pistol and holster, straps it on and heads to the ship's rear where the main cargo door is located; the one they use the most often and the one she'd used to board the ship a week ago.

She hits the switch with her good arm and only winces a little as the burn on her side protests. There are a few lights that start whirling and a hissing as the air pressure equalises to the planet and then light - real, honest to goodness sunshine - starts to seep in. She closes her eyes for a moment, feeling the warmth on her face, before starting down the ramp. Once off the ramp and on solid (but now soaking wet) earth, she pulls a transmitter from her pocket, clicks one of the buttons and watches as the doors shut.

"Don't worry, girl. We'll be okay." She murmurs to the ship before setting out in search of that reason that brought her here.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 12:34:11 AM »

<Inside Wreck>

Pain shot through Mel's ankle, she had sprained it, just like she had a hundred times before in training and at least it wasn't a hamstring. She heard her coaches voice in her ear, an ex Danish Marine and a harder man you'd be pressed to find anywhere.

"Get up girl, its a damned sprain, not broken!" He would shout in her ear as if she was one of his troops.

She winced, knowing exactly what she had to do. "I'm okay Julia!" She yelled, why didn't she use the radio? Because, simply because she checked herself, then proceeded to tighten up the laces of her boots, tight, very very tight. Grabbing hold of what was probably a handrailing, she hoisted herself to her feet. More pain. She ignored it, recalling that one time she ran her best times in the hurdles with far worse.

This time, she reached over her shoulder, unhooking her pack, that was a blessing as it took the brunt of her slide and eventual ending in the passage. She hoped that specimen was okay and it was once she had opened up the zipper. Mel pulled out everything quickly, making sure it was dry and most of it was, but not her. She was soaked to the bone from that sudden flooding, strange that was she thought, under water one moment and then almost within seconds it was being sucked out with a loud roar. She checked the transmitter once she found it, pressed the various buttons and it seemed to be alright. With the channel now opened she called back again on her radio. "Julia, is everyone okay? I may need some help getting back up to you, the floor is quite slippery for now until it dries out and the angle of it is going to make it hard for me, I did sprain my ankle a little." She had to admit that, not doing so would be foolish.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »

Juliet could have never imagined that ship could have a built-in safety protocol to prevent the spaceship being flooded, that had taken the concept of "designing stuff to withstand even the stupidest idiot ever", something her professor loved to say, to a whole new level.
"I must call myself lucky that this was the work of none of my classmates!" she thought, coughing and spitting out salty water.
"Except for being soaking wet and covered in bruises, yes, I can consider myself fine, colonel...." she said after being pulled up by the marine.  Just a couple of years before she would have never answered that way, but life in the stargate program has done some good to her weak will, though it being still far from goodness.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:35:27 PM by Mandi »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »

Capt Samuel Williams British Army

1st Lt Daniels USMC NPC
1st Lt Roberts US Army NPC
1st Lt Cooper USAF NPC

The team came through the gate, Daniels and Roberts took up defensive positions. Sam held his P-90 one handed as he pulled out the ancient GPS Devise and saw a dot moving. "Colonel!" he yelled as the gate shut down and he waved the team to the moving dot and began to walk.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »

<At Wreck One>

"He's down  at the Stargate Doc." Frank answered spitting even more water out of his mouth. Luckily for him and the others it was a warm day and it was going to get warmer according to Zelenka's reports. He did a quick hunt around for his pack, finding it some few meters away, grabbed it quickly then unzipping it, relieved to find everything dry and undamaged. A long length of abseiling rope came out in his hands and it was time to retrieve Doctor Olofsson. "Since you're way lighter than I am Doctor Montale, mind if I tie this around your waist? I can then ease you down to Melinda and we can get back to what we came here for. I have no idea what the Colonel is going to do about that ship, don't really care either." That wasn't what he was here for and it as far as he was concerned, even though the existence of that newer ship was a rather dramatic event, he'd leave to Cam as to what was done about it.

<At Stargate>

By this time, Came was about twenty meters away from the gate, on the path back up towards his team. He knew he should have waited for his back up, but at the same time he was concerned for Olofsson. He heard his name called in the nick of time before he was too far way and turned returning to where he came from. "Sam, good timing man. I've got one team member possibly injured, so if you wouldn't sending Roberts and Cooper up the hill to lend a hand." His eyes fell on the beach further south, that needed investigating. "I think you and I should go for a stroll and check that ship out." His rifle waved in the general direction of the beached ship, smoke curling up into the air as it mixed with the steaming waters.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »

Capt Samuel Williams British Army

1st Lt Daniels USMC NPC
1st Lt Roberts US Army NPC
1st Lt Cooper USAF NPC

"Robert, Cooper, off you go." he said, but Daniels stepped up.
"Sir I have the medical training." Sam nodded.
"Alright  Daniels, Robert's off you go lads." He sighed as he looked at Cooper.
"Your on gate duty mate." He said un-slinging his AT-4 and handing it to the young Lieutenant.
"Just incase a dart or anything big comes after you." He sighed.
"Ok doky grand dad." He smiled
"Shut it." Said Sam as he checked his P90 and walked towards the colonel.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »

"I wouldn't call myself "light"...." Juliet whispered really annoyed: she didn't like being a little rounder than she was supposed to be, but she liked even less when people pretended to ignore that, or making hypocritical notes on how healty and happy she looked, not obsessed by diet and stuff...
"But yes, I see your point, Jardine, just do it." she added, louder, and sighed, opening her arms to let the man secure the rope around her waist.
"Hang in there, Melinda, help is on the way...." she shouted to the lower level, before turning around, looking uncertain at how to begin her descent.
"Hoping I won't become the one in need of help...."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 05:39:39 PM »

<Stargate>

"Sam, while you have young Cooper here watching the gate, he can go and retrieve Hopman from that tree over there." Cam pointed off to his left as he faced towards the beach. "We'll go see what nasties might reside in that ship. It doesn't look all that big from here, but distance can be deceiving."

<Cam and Williams to beach wreck>>

<Wreck One>

The old sailor looked Juliet up and down in one eyeballing and smiled at her self appraisal. "Doc, I weigh in at two hundred and ten pounds, I think the point is moot." Carefully he tied the nylon line around her waist, doing a very nice bowline knot. He certainly hadn't lost his touch as far as seamanship went. "Walk backwards, facing me. Let me take your weight, you won't slip, just make sure you lean slightly forward, it'll be a piece of cake." He unfurled the line completely, tying the other end off on a stout metal protrusion of the ship, then curled the middle section around his own waist. "Doctor Olofsson, help is on the way." He replied.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »

<Interior Hilltop Wreck>

"I'm fine for now, unless I get hungry." Mel told them, she was out of snacks and her energy consumption had been ramped up with that little exercise. While she waited, she took the chance to look around; it was lit, dull lighting but there nonetheless. She clung to the railing, then eased herself back to the door thing that had stopped her fall. Her hand instinctively went to a panel by the door's side, a hiss of air and it slid back. "Oh WOW!" She screamed in delight. "JULIA! you gotta see this." She was staring right into what would have been the ships bridge.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 06:49:09 PM »

Cpt Samuel Williams.

Sam nodded to Cooper and he moved to get the man out the tree. "So what the bloody hell happened here?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6