Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: MX5-473: Tur Salanus  (Read 3680 times)

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
Re: MX5-473: Tur Salanus
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »

"Piece of cake..... If you say so...." Juliet sighed, not entirely convinced, but began the descent nonetheless.

She tried to do as she was told, walking slowly and avoiding to lean backwards, and for a while it went just fine.
With a little more self-confidence she even allowed herself to smile a little.
Until she heard the vet yelling at her in excitement. Intrigued at the thought of what kind of cool new alien tech she might have found, she turned towards her "hold on, Melinda, I'm coming!", but, in doing that, she slipped, falling down.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 06:34:32 PM »

{Colonel Cameron Mitchell}

<To Beach Wreck>

"We came, saw and then the crap hit the fan Sam not thirty minutes into our adventure." Cam said with a degree of annoyance in his voice. "That thing there." He pointed to the still steaming ship by the shore. "Came in hot some ten minutes or so ago, at least its shields must have been active. Hit the water at a flat angle but with some velocity. The next thing we knew, a small tsunami swept inland up to the other wreck and we almost drowned. Suffice to say if anyone is alive on that thing, I'll be having a serious conversation with them regarding their landing techniques."

{Petty Officer Frank Jardine RAN} NPC

<Hilltop Wreck>

"Whoa!" Frank yelled as he felt the line go taught, then slack. He knew immediately Julia had slipped. "Doc, grab the hand railing on the wall and pull yourself up, then use that to guide yourself down, you're nearly there." He heard Melinda's call and saw clearly the light of an opening door, which served to let him see exactly where Julia was located. "Once you're there, I'll come down myself."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »

Cpt Samuel Williams

"To be fair sir."
he said as he walked, his P 90 held in one hand. "if they landed that bad, I don't think it was intentional." He shrugged a little as he walked before pulling out his Westham United baseball cap that had the scottish flag stiched on to the back.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:02 AM »

<Interior Hilltop Wreck>

When no reply came for a few minutes, Melinda waited. She didn't have to wait all that long when she heard voices, then the sound of slipping boots and finally the sound of someone falling or falling over. Grabbing hold of the door frame again she pulled herself out of the bridge compartment (for surely that is what it was), then little by little she hauled herself back up the passageway using whatever she could take hold of. Her ankle wasn't as bad as she expected it to be, as by now it should have been sending agonising pain up her leg, but it wasn't. Just one of those weird things about the human body.

Finally she reached Julia and holding on with one hand to a railing, she reached out with the other. "I can't believe you slipped in the same spot I did." She said, then looked at the floor in the new light. There was a patch of green slime like you would find on rocks by the sea right in the middle of the floor. She grinned at that. "Well at least we know why now." She pointed to the offending muck.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

Luckily for her, she was tied to the rope, and Jardine managed to hold her weight, otherwise she would have been in the same situation as dr. Olofsson. Instead, she only ended up hitting her bottom on the ground.
Juliet allowed herself a minute to moan in pain and self-pity, wondering wheter she might or might not face consequences on her health in the future, and then she pulled herself up just when Melinda arrived.
"Ouch... I'm fine, I'm fine...." she said, both to the vet down there and the marine upstairs.
She carefully finished her descent, and turned to Melinda: "What was it, that you wanted to show me?"
But she didn't need to wait for a reply, she immediately saw it herself: the Bridge, full of powered up consoles.
Like a kid in a candy store, She immediately forgot the reason why she came down there, and without even untying the rope she started dashing around.

"Interesting: the symbols on these screens closely resemble those of thee Lantean writing system, but I can't make sense of what they're saying, it's like the language has a completely different approach to syntax and morphology, oh, but this might have rather exciting implications upon the Ancients' history itself... not to mention that this technology too seems to have similar connections with the Lantean one...

Still talking, loudly but mostly to herself, she stumbled across a console beeping at regular and frequent intervals.
"why is this thing doing this??"

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:14 PM »

<To Beach Wreck>

They had perhaps a little over a mile to walk and through long tall grass, rocks and sand. So with that in mind Cam walked as quickly as the terrain allowed him to do so, knowing Sam could keep up well enough, he kept up with the small talk as they went. "My old granny always taught me that humour is the best medicine. More so Sam in situations like this." Somehow along the way, the Englishman must have missed the irony in Cam's statement.

After some twenty minutes or more hard slog, down onto the rough shingled beach, they finally got to their destination and by this time the ship had appeared to have cooled down some as waves broke over most of it, just leaving the upper section clear. There was a ramp extending from the hull and there stood a young woman looking rather perplexed, Cam had his rifle up, but a rather amused look on his face; she looked harmless enough. He hailed her. "I know this might sound like a stupid question. But can you understand me?" It had always been source of amusement to him, how almost every alien creature he had encountered since joining the Stargate Program, spoke English.

<Hilltop Wreck>

Hearing the commotion, Frank hurried down on sure footed feet, he was a sailor after all and more than used to walking rather strangely angled decks. In quick time he reached the two woman, running his fingers through his sparse hair. "Would it be appropriate for me to say, don't touch anything?" He saw the activity of the systems, for now they looked benign, but how long it would stay like that was questionable. "I think for now ladies until the Colonel gets here, we should go back topside. Unless of course Doctor Montale you can guarantee me its safe."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 03:33:04 AM »

The excitement was getting to the two girls, this was what they came here for. Not specifically for Melinda, but she was part of the team and had hoped in the time they would spend here she could do some more research on the native wildlife. Yet for now, this ship held her attention and Julia's quick observation had the wheels spinning in her head. The almost identical device was aboard the Saggitta and when it was finally worked out what it did, the answer was quite a let down. "I think, I'm not sure but I think the ship recognises one of its own kind. Is it possible...?" She left it open, but her thoughts were thinking of that ship that crashed a short while ago.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 07:58:08 AM »

Captain Samuel Williams

"Sir, I think your going to have to learn the subtly of British Sarcasm."
He shrugged as he continued to walk. Sam keeping up. Though he wished he hadn't spent the past 30 years smoking. When he saw a woman walk out for the ship. He stopped and raised his P90. He held it in his hand with the stock pushed in to the crook of his elbow. The woman didn't look dangerous. She merely looked lost.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »

Juliet snorted annoyed at the marine. "When has this job ever been safe?! she replied, stopping herself in the middle of the bridge, with her arms opened and rolling her eyes. "But, if what you actually mean is "Is that beeping thing a countdown clock to impending doom", then the answer is no, the symbols aren't changing, and the beeps are too frequent, so this ship shouldn't self-destruct or attempt to take off any moment soon."

She then turned back to the screens and immediately resumed her considerations. Actually, she noticed that if the Ancients language, and, to a lesser extent, their culture, was represented on Earth by Latin, and thus ancient Rome, then, the style of the ship could point to another Earthly culture... and why not one that has come in touch with the Roman Empire, as that seemed to be the same situation?
And then it came to her mind: "Celtic?!" she whispered, perplexed.

But then Dr Olofsson directed her at the beeping console again, and she made a really good point.
"Well, Melinda, you might be right... It's not a reaction to us, otherwise it would have been mentioned by Radek's team, but an IFF system is a logical thing to have on a space-fleet....."
She immediately reached for her radio, and called out for Mitchell.
"Colonel, this is Montale, can you hear me? It seems that "our" ship is recognizing the new one...."

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »

Coming around the corner of the ship, Ashtah sees men coming towards her. With weapons. Raised weapons. Whether they were friendly or not meant nothing. Her hand whips out her pulse pistol in seconds.

"You don't want to be on the receiving end of this ... " She calls to them, ready to shoot and duck if necessary.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:36 AM »

<Beach Wreck>

"Whoa!" C
am said in consternation. "Ma'am I'd seriously advise puttin that damned thing down, my buddy here has a rather delicate finger on his trigger and though I might be dead, you'll be dead just as quick." He lowered his own weapon as a sign of good faith. "Colonel Cam Mitchell and this is Captain Sam Williams."

<Hilltop Wreck>

Frank had to nod in agreement. Julia said what was needed to be said and so in that, he relaxed somewhat, but still sharp for anything untoward. When she called up Mitchell he could only say. "Good idea."

~0~

"Now if you wanna.." He continued, but was interrupted by Doctor Montale's call. "Yeah, I hear you Doctor and all I can say, it must be this one down here since I can't see any others." He looked up at the stranger. "This may or may not concern you friend. We have a five thousand year old wreck up on that hill there, it seems to be telling my people something about another ship. I hope its yours."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »

Captain Samuel Williams

"Hi."
he said to the woman after the Colonel had introduced him. Sam kept his P90 pointed at the woman. Signs of good faith were good and all, but a man with a gun pointed at you still meant you had to think about shooting them.
"Look ok, I've never shot a woman before, and I may be Scottish, and a West ham fan, but that dosnt mean I want to add shooting a woman to my list of life achievments." He shrugged.
"So I'll put my gun down when you put your gun down."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 01:47:05 AM »

"This I have to see, I mean this..." She held her hands out wide.".....is amazing, but old." But hearing Cam report on an intact ship by the sea shore excited her even more so and a little of her inner geek was coming out. Vet or not, if someone was alive they may need medical help and she was effectively the team doctor for now. "I'd like to see the other ship that this is responding to Julia. Frank can stay with you if you like, or we all go and come back here later." Melinda left it open, she hoped her new found friend would chose the latter.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »

"Understood." She answered to Mitchell; truth is, she wasn't understanding much: the wreck had been on the planet for handful of millenia, yet it appeared to recognize as part of its same fleet a ship that entered the atmosphere just minutes ago...
Julia shook her head and fiddled with a hair strand as she kept on thinking.
Yet it was the vet who first proposed to check out the other ship, much to her dismay.
"With that leg of yours, Melinda, I hardly doubt you should go anywhere..... at least not until a doctor can treat it...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2014, 12:40:53 AM »

To be perfectly honest, this ship gave Melinda the creeps and it wasn't just the fact that the greater part of it was buried underground; not that she had anything against being at that level, she had done her share of exploring caves around her homeland. No, that was a simple case of a mechanical thing, that would appear to have some kind of sentient awareness and that totally freaked her out. "It'll be fine, and since I am really the teams MO for the moment I can assess my own injuries and I am officially declaring it a mild sprain that needs exercise to get better." She was also a terrible liar, but the grin that went with her words would go a long way in convincing anyone.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6